6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

My 2004 SL. Lowered on K sports.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM

My 2004 SL. Lowered on K sports.

Hey guy im new to the nissan world! I got my SL in Febuary for a steal of a price!! its fully loaded with navi, telescoping wheel, power folding mirrors etc. I went from Having 3 Honda preludes because they were great reliable cars. Now having this Maxima makes me feel like a different person. The car is amazing!!!

here are some pictures!

Before the Drop!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now lowered!

Let me know what you guys think..all criticism is ok! thank you
Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Looking great....that's thye way maxima should look.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Armaan...u have grown up..thats y u move to a Maxima..great choice...jk bro,
car looks real good.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:31 PM

Welcome to the family
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by gtmassive75
Armaan...u have grown up..thats y u move to a Maxima..great choice...jk bro,
car looks real good.
Thanks man, i appreciate it. what was your previous username on other forums?

and to everyone else thank you!!!

Will post updated with pics as i do work!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:07 AM

Really like the look of the drop and the color of the car. So, what you got planned for it next?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM

damn not to be offending, but you really did yourself a disservice in only driving preludes. I like them, don't get me wrong, they are fun to drive, but compared to all the other cars out there, its a child's car. you now own a mans car. congratulations for taking a step toward improvement in your daily drive. you now know luxury, and now know respectable power.

have fun
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM

if your looking into modding for power, start with Cold air intake. the VQ engine under the hood sounds really good without the choke collar. then move to exhaust. My opinion is go with a cutout other then everyone else here with a full exhaust. It is literally 600-800 dollars cheaper, it is louder, deeper, doesn't sound like the roar is being funneled through a long skinny tube!! in my opinion, it mimics a V8 to the T.. and you don't have to forfeit the luxury of a quiet car when your in a calm mood. all you have to do is hit a button and the savageness goes away and waits for another day. my max is louder then anyone on this forum, and just as quiet as yours is right now. and I can control it. you can also control the volume by how much you open the valve. also at freeway speeds with 0 pressure in the exhaust, i've seen noticeably large gains in mileage. if you know anything about cars for mpg, the less backpressure the less the engine has to work to push out exhaust and the more efficient it is by expelling more exhaust per cycle.

the only back draw is you lose LOW END torque but what it loses in low end it MORE then makes up in high end. so its not really a back draw at all. i had a hunch from the very beginning and it turned out true. the max has MORE then enough power to lay down in the 0-2.8 rpm range. i call this UNUSABLE power. you just can't use 100% off the line, if you did you will spin out and go nowhere. so it doesn't matter if you lose a little bit of low end torque. i can still very easily spin my tires with my cutout open 100%. i can however spin out all though first and chirp into second with the added hp in my mid to high end range. which is more then most on this site can say. if you have a manual this whole concept doesn't even matter as you pick the rpm range to play in.

even still, there will be many here who will argue with me because they spend 1000 on their exhaust, while i spent 170, but while their cars DO sound pretty damn good (still not as good as mine, imo), they all sound like V6's every single one of them. and you know it when they drive by. I've had a few people stop me and say, "NO you didn't swap a v8 in the car did you?! in one way or another. I said yes once just to see the reaction and for the fact that i will can get away with it. i have my cut out placed right before where the resonator was. i also had a car rev on me once, i hit my button and revved back. the guy looked very surprised kinda smiled gave me a thumbs up and preceded NOT to race me. it was a golden moment.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-13-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM

To 6.5 Affiliate. thanks man! next on the list is the grille, y pipe, led lights inside.

Originally Posted by twentyeggs
damn not to be offending, but you really did yourself a disservice in only driving preludes. I like them, don't get me wrong, they are fun to drive, but compared to all the other cars out there, its a child's car. you now own a mans car. congratulations for taking a step toward improvement in your daily drive. you now know luxury, and now know respectable power.

have fun
Not necessarily. Dont get the honda prelude mixed up with a honda civic/integra. preludes are well ahead of their time (92-96) digital gas and temp gauges in the 90s, the racing style seats that hug you. I loved that car and will always. but not i am on to bigger and better things .

but i will never forget the time my "4 banger" beat a 5.5gen ;]
Old 04-13-2011, 02:06 PM

if your looking into modding for power, start with Cold air intake. the VQ engine under the hood sounds really good without the choke collar. then move to exhaust. My opinion is go with a cutout other then everyone else here with a full exhaust. It is literally 600-800 dollars cheaper, it is louder, deeper, doesn't sound like the roar is being funneled through a long skinny tube!! in my opinion, it mimics a V8 to the T.. and you don't have to forfeit the luxury of a quiet car when your in a calm mood. all you have to do is hit a button and the savageness goes away and waits for another day. my max is louder then anyone on this forum, and just as quiet as yours is right now. and I can control it. you can also control the volume by how much you open the valve. also at freeway speeds with 0 pressure in the exhaust, i've seen noticeably large gains in mileage. if you know anything about cars for mpg, the less backpressure the less the engine has to work to push out exhaust and the more efficient it is by expelling more exhaust per cycle.

the only back draw is you lose LOW END torque but what it loses in low end it MORE then makes up in high end. so its not really a back draw at all. i had a hunch from the very beginning and it turned out true. the max has MORE then enough power to lay down in the 0-2.8 rpm range. i call this UNUSABLE power. you just can't use 100% off the line, if you did you will spin out and go nowhere. so it doesn't matter if you lose a little bit of low end torque. i can still very easily spin my tires with my cutout open 100%. i can however spin out all though first and chirp into second with the added hp in my mid to high end range. which is more then most on this site can say. if you have a manual this whole concept doesn't even matter as you pick the rpm range to play in.

even still, there will be many here who will argue with me because they spend 1000 on their exhaust, while i spent 170, but while their cars DO sound pretty damn good (still not as good as mine, imo), they all sound like V6's every single one of them. and you know it when they drive by. I've had a few people stop me and say, "NO you didn't swap a v8 in the car did you?! in one way or another. I said yes once just to see the reaction and for the fact that i will can get away with it. i have my cut out placed right before where the resonator was. i also had a car rev on me once, i hit my button and revved back. the guy looked very surprised kinda smiled gave me a thumbs up and preceded NOT to race me. it was a golden moment.
yea an exhaust cut out of course will make it sounds a lot different. a lot of my friends had it on their cars.... its funny when we go to race kids from another town. and they think its nothing special. as soon as he pressed the button the kids face were just like .... sad day for them lol... Im definitely going to put intake in no rush though really.. i want to get they pipe, b pipe and magnaflow mufflers.. cops in my town pully over anything loud.... i hate new york.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:09 PM

lookin good
Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ArmaanOG
To 6.5 Affiliate. thanks man! next on the list is the grille, y pipe, led lights inside.

Not necessarily. Dont get the honda prelude mixed up with a honda civic/integra. preludes are well ahead of their time (92-96) digital gas and temp gauges in the 90s, the racing style seats that hug you. I loved that car and will always. but not i am on to bigger and better things .

but i will never forget the time my "4 banger" beat a 5.5gen ;]
i drove my ex girls 2001 prelude around because she hated to drive. and yes ill give you that, for being a "4 banger" honda its quick and it can out-handle a max any day. but unless you had your prelude turbo'd, OR no2'd, OR had cai AND exhaust AND tune AND manual AND raced only to about 65 mph, you wouldn't have fairly beat a 5.5 gen. a 5.5 is JUST a bit slower then the 6. i had one, and it beat 2004 and under mustang gt's with a cai and full exhaust. im thinking the max didn't try, or the dude had a manual and didn't know how to drive or skipped a gear.. again, 5.5 gens are pretty damn fast bro, not even in the same league as the prelude, unless again, you had those mods and it was a good day. 5 gen maxes can be made a whole hell of a lot faster then the 6 gen... at least for now..

but on a track, i'd put my money on a turbo'd prelude over a max any day of the week. they are like little go-carts. balanced really good. even when i pushed it i barely got any understeer for being a FWD car.

5.5 gen maxima 250hp at 3,252 lbs
A power to weight ratio of 153.74 ft/lbs per ton
0-60 time 6.656 sec (-drag, temperature, driver weight)

a 2001 prelude SH (fastest model) 190 HP at 3042 lbs
A power to weight ratio of 124.9 ft/lbs per ton
0-60 time 7.778 sec (-drag, temperature, driver weight)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:21 PM

yea an exhaust cut out of course will make it sounds a lot different. a lot of my friends had it on their cars.... its funny when we go to race kids from another town. and they think its nothing special. as soon as he pressed the button the kids face were just like .... sad day for them lol... Im definitely going to put intake in no rush though really.. i want to get they pipe, b pipe and magnaflow mufflers.. cops in my town pully over anything loud.... i hate new york.

hahahaha love the smily face because thats exactly what happens for me. and about the cops, yes, i've been pulled over in my older max and had to get my exhaust tested for decibel levels. i would have failed had i not gone to a muffler shop and put on an additional resonator, and then JUST passed the test. i mean it was reaallly close. thus another reason i did the cut out. I flip it closed when i see 5-O comin around. and if im too late and i get pulled over, i get the fix=it ticked, close the cutout and pass the inspection. $10 at most. I tried to take a video of the sound, i have it posted, but my camera sucks and its a far cry from what it sounds like in person. I know for a fact that if the people on this forum knew what it sounded like, they would all go put cutouts on their existing full exhaust. lol and for those who are stock, they would do what i did to gain best of both worlds.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by maxxx25
Welcome to the family
Used to roll a Accord but the Max is the powerhouse, these VQ engines are where its at....
Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 PM

i drove my ex girls 2001 prelude around because she hated to drive. and yes ill give you that, for being a "4 banger" honda its quick and it can out-handle a max any day. but unless you had your prelude turbo'd, OR no2'd, OR had cai AND exhaust AND tune AND manual AND raced only to about 65 mph, you wouldn't have fairly beat a 5.5 gen. a 5.5 is JUST a bit slower then the 6. i had one, and it beat 2004 and under mustang gt's with a cai and full exhaust. im thinking the max didn't try, or the dude had a manual and didn't know how to drive or skipped a gear.. again, 5.5 gens are pretty damn fast bro, not even in the same league as the prelude, unless again, you had those mods and it was a good day. 5 gen maxes can be made a whole hell of a lot faster then the 6 gen... at least for now..

but on a track, i'd put my money on a turbo'd prelude over a max any day of the week. they are like little go-carts. balanced really good. even when i pushed it i barely got any understeer for being a FWD car.

5.5 gen maxima 250hp at 3,252 lbs
A power to weight ratio of 153.74 ft/lbs per ton
0-60 time 6.656 sec (-drag, temperature, driver weight)

a 2001 prelude SH (fastest model) 190 HP at 3042 lbs
A power to weight ratio of 124.9 ft/lbs per ton
0-60 time 7.778 sec (-drag, temperature, driver weight)
97-01 Preludes are junk in my eyes. My boy has a JRSC 97 prelude and its okay i never really like the 5th gen preludes. i always owned 4th gen which is a lot lighter. And my boy had the 5.5 gen we raced from a dig once and rolls 3 times every time my lude pulled away and his was 6 speed. lets just say my lude was blessed...over 200k ;]....

hahahaha love the smily face because thats exactly what happens for me. and about the cops, yes, i've been pulled over in my older max and had to get my exhaust tested for decibel levels. i would have failed had i not gone to a muffler shop and put on an additional resonator, and then JUST passed the test. i mean it was reaallly close. thus another reason i did the cut out. I flip it closed when i see 5-O comin around. and if im too late and i get pulled over, i get the fix=it ticked, close the cutout and pass the inspection. $10 at most. I tried to take a video of the sound, i have it posted, but my camera sucks and its a far cry from what it sounds like in person. I know for a fact that if the people on this forum knew what it sounded like, they would all go put cutouts on their existing full exhaust. lol and for those who are stock, they would do what i did to gain best of both worlds.
Im deff going to look in to the e cut out. im still doing some research as to what mufflers i am going to go with. ill have my local exhaust shop custom make me something possibly.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 PM

97-01 Preludes are junk in my eyes. My boy has a JRSC 97 prelude and its okay i never really like the 5th gen preludes. i always owned 4th gen which is a lot lighter. And my boy had the 5.5 gen we raced from a dig once and rolls 3 times every time my lude pulled away and his was 6 speed. lets just say my lude was blessed...over 200k ;]....

numbers don't lie man. i think your boy couldn't drive a stick.
i get that a prelude will come out in front because its 200 lbs lighter. but before you hit 60, if the max didn't catch you, there is a fault somewhere in his ability to drive, or there was a problem with a car. not properly maintaining a car can destroy performance making it an unfair race when your staking a cars reputation as a whole on the line. 200 lbs vs. 60 hp is not an even trade, and the max by all means should have the advantage.

Im deff going to look in to the e cut out. im still doing some research as to what mufflers i am going to go with. ill have my local exhaust shop custom make me something possibly.
why would you want to buy mufflers when you are going to get a cut-out?
the point in a cut out is so you can keep a quiet car when you want, and an aggressive sound when you want. PM me if you want info on what and how i did mine. ill point you to where i got my parts and where i put it all.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 AM

No problem man. Hopefully you can post some pics your ride when you get those mods installed.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 AM

why would you want to buy mufflers when you are going to get a cut-out?
the point in a cut out is so you can keep a quiet car when you want, and an aggressive sound when you want. PM me if you want info on what and how i did mine. ill point you to where i got my parts and where i put it all.
im not 100% im getting a cut out. either way if i do or not these mufflers will just make the car stand out and itll be quiet ;]

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1480.../dp/B000CCFJ4I

and this is off topic but got to show love to what i was driving before the max.

last pic is of my other lude(BEATER) and my boys JRSC lude.

Im pretty tasteful with my cars so i can assure you guys this maxima is in good hands and will look super fly with in the next few months.

and 6.5 I will deff post pics as i mod the car for sure

Last edited by ArmaanOG; 04-14-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:22 AM

Sounds good man. Oh yeah, I gotta admit the prelude looks sick
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 AM

im not 100% im getting a cut out. either way if i do or not these mufflers will just make the car stand out and itll be quiet ;]

in order to put in a cut out you will need to discard the resonator so you will have space and good sound. With the resonator gone, and with those amazon mufflers, your car will NOT be quiet. WITH the resonator and those mufflers your car will sound good, but will be very quiet. quiet enough to not hear it at all with your radio on. the max needs to rid itself of the resonator to pronounce itself. and if you delete the stock mufflers your car is going to be loud. basically, the resonator and the stock mufflers in themselves are enough to keep the car very very quiet. without either of them, the car becomes very loud. with one of them, the car is again, still very very quiet. this gen max is a bit different then what your used to.

just so you know before you expect something different. the resonator is huge, take a look at it. the mufflers are almost not even needed.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 AM

in order to put in a cut out you will need to discard the resonator so you will have space and good sound. With the resonator gone, and with those amazon mufflers, your car will NOT be quiet. WITH the resonator and those mufflers your car will sound good, but will be very quiet. quiet enough to not hear it at all with your radio on. the max needs to rid itself of the resonator to pronounce itself. and if you delete the stock mufflers your car is going to be loud. basically, the resonator and the stock mufflers in themselves are enough to keep the car very very quiet. without either of them, the car becomes very loud. with one of them, the car is again, still very very quiet. this gen max is a bit different then what your used to.

just so you know before you expect something different. the resonator is huge, take a look at it.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 PM

i'm in the same boat as u. i got the same colored max and i came from a honda. a honda accord with an h22a.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Go LOWER!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM

just so you know before you expect something different. the resonator is huge, take a look at it.
Im not really looking to go crazy loud because my town is swarmed with cops. i just want nice mufflers with a little rumble. im still deciding as to what i should do. and when i do finally make up my mind im going to contact you because you seem like you know what your saying! haha

Originally Posted by mrkhone
i'm in the same boat as u. i got the same colored max and i came from a honda. a honda accord with an h22a.
Sweet!! i bet that accord moved.

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
Go LOWER!!!
Believe me brother i would love to. but i live in a development with speed bumps and it sucks. as of now my mudflaps just clear my speed bump. With my old car i poked holes in the car and others parts of muffler because it was so low and my mudflaps were rubber so it just folded lol. My max's are painted so im not tryin to risk chipping paint, and there isnt much room to go side ways (especially with this boat -_- ) because of parked cars. im thinking when i get a lip and 19'' wheels itll be better looking.....P.S. i love your max. i got a few pics of my facebook in my MAXIMA album. its a beauty. where in NY you at?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 AM

Believe me brother i would love to. but i live in a development with speed bumps and it sucks. as of now my mudflaps just clear my speed bump. With my old car i poked holes in the car and others parts of muffler because it was so low and my mudflaps were rubber so it just folded lol. My max's are painted so im not tryin to risk chipping paint, and there isnt much room to go side ways (especially with this boat -_- ) because of parked cars. im thinking when i get a lip and 19'' wheels itll be better looking.....P.S. i love your max. i got a few pics of my facebook in my MAXIMA album. its a beauty. where in NY you at?
Lol thanks & im in Queens Village.

As far as the mudflaps, take them off -- thats what I did because they rubbed speed bumps too lol. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Im not really looking to go crazy loud because my town is swarmed with cops. i just want nice mufflers with a little rumble. im still deciding as to what i should do. and when i do finally make up my mind im going to contact you because you seem like you know what your saying! haha

ahh ok I know what you want now. The cut out is loud 100% open, about as loud as full exhaust with no res. (remember you can adjust the volume by varying the valve position) Its not annoying loud tho.. there's a line between yeah thats cool, or DAMM thats obnoxious. luckily with all the cats and the kink before the Y the max will always be below that line.

SO then what your gunna need to do is delete the stock resonator, and replace it with an aftermarket resonator, and depending on how deep you want the tone 2.5-3" piping. and then some mufflers that will match the resonator. I would really suggest going with magna flow res and mufflers, if you want a good price and a deep tone.

if you have more money to play with then you can look into some NISMO or Greddy. I wouldn't say the sound is so much different that its worth the extra bucks unless your a perfectionist and have done many exhaust mods in many cars and have a specific tone you like. the large diameter mufflers by magnaflow are pretty awesome. You will need to get rid of the stock resonator for sure tho. As i stated before, it acts sufficiently as a muffler on its own. because you don't want loud you will need an aftermarket resonator. this will definitely add to your tone. if you want deep the rule of thumb is larger diameter=deeper tone. just think about musical interments. flute vs trumpet vs trombone vs baritone the bigger the deeper. the max has a limit tho. 3 inches is the most you will want. don't worry about back pressure. this is an irrelevant issue with the max as you have a lot of "unusable" power in your low end. this would only concern someone with a naturally aspirated automatic 4 cylinder or other underpowered car. If you go bigger then 3 inches you will begin to get overtones aka rattle. this sounds horrible.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by I3LAZEN
Lol thanks & im in Queens Village.

As far as the mudflaps, take them off -- thats what I did because they rubbed speed bumps too lol. Good luck!
thanks im probably going to do that!

ahh ok I know what you want now. The cut out is loud 100% open, about as loud as full exhaust with no res. (remember you can adjust the volume by varying the valve position) Its not annoying loud tho.. there's a line between yeah thats cool, or DAMM thats obnoxious. luckily with all the cats and the kink before the Y the max will always be below that line.

SO then what your gunna need to do is delete the stock resonator, and replace it with an aftermarket resonator, and depending on how deep you want the tone 2.5-3" piping. and then some mufflers that will match the resonator. I would really suggest going with magna flow res and mufflers, if you want a good price and a deep tone.

if you have more money to play with then you can look into some NISMO or Greddy. I wouldn't say the sound is so much different that its worth the extra bucks unless your a perfectionist and have done many exhaust mods in many cars and have a specific tone you like. the large diameter mufflers by magnaflow are pretty awesome. You will need to get rid of the stock resonator for sure tho. As i stated before, it acts sufficiently as a muffler on its own. because you don't want loud you will need an aftermarket resonator. this will definitely add to your tone. if you want deep the rule of thumb is larger diameter=deeper tone. just think about musical interments. flute vs trumpet vs trombone vs baritone the bigger the deeper. the max has a limit tho. 3 inches is the most you will want. don't worry about back pressure. this is an irrelevant issue with the max as you have a lot of "unusable" power in your low end. this would only concern someone with a naturally aspirated automatic 4 cylinder or other underpowered car. If you go bigger then 3 inches you will begin to get overtones aka rattle. this sounds horrible.
Yea i been talking to a few people and i think im going to get custom pipes made with the mufflers no cut out because i wouldn't get any power on my n/a set up. maybe in the future ill change up when/if i boost her ...our trannys suck tho so who knows... thank you for your input though, much appreciated!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:22 AM

thanks im probably going to do that!

Yea i been talking to a few people and i think im going to get custom pipes made with the mufflers no cut out because i wouldn't get any power on my n/a set up.

no power?? what do you think gives a car its power? and why would a cut out not give you power? just because your slapping on some brand name pieces of metal has nothing to do with your added power.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 AM

It really doesnt make sense unless you got a turbo set-up. What power does it give to a n/a max with a cut out apposed to a turbo set up?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM

cars are restricted input/output for 2 reasons.

1. emmissions

emissions are by far the top priority. If a car doesn't pass its emissions it can't be marketed. not only that, but there is unbelievable pressure on car companies to match emissions on their cars to other cars of similar class.

2. Sound.

cars also have to pass a decibel test. not to mention the reason our car has a gigantic resonator and two redundant mufflers is to ensure "luxury"

both of these aspect ROB power.

power is robbed though restriction. with that said, the point of an exhaust is not only to give the car a "better" sound, make it look good, but give it more power. we do this by installing a better intake, cutting off the resonator, and/or widening the piping, and giving it some high flow mufflers. the name of the game is opening up the system.

car companies that know what they are doing use a zero pressure principle in their race cars. this means NO backpressure at all. backpressure slows the speed at which combusted gasses leave the cylinder allowing for RE-COMBUSTION of some gasses and slower flow rate. re-combustion of gasses is what allows for a more efficient emissions number. by doing this you gain torque in your low end. but take away your high end torque.

I have already many times ruled out the need for preserving low end torque. when you are racing you aren't setting you tach to 2.5 rpm are you? no, you are in your high rpm range. If you are automatic, you should know by now you have MORE then enough power in your low end. why preserve unusable power? you can't use it because if you put your foot down in first gear you will just spin your tires. and any gear after that will not dip below 3.5 rpm where low end torque has no reign. if anything taking away torque will help you dial in on your launch by giving you a wider sweet spot with no wheel spin.

the cutout OPENS the entire exhaust system more then ANY exhaust system under 3.5" in diameter. meaning, you get more high end power then any exhaust system. saying that alone will cause anger in the forum, but if you know how a car works you will be forced to agree. or you can just disagree with NASCAR, pro dragsters, and F1. not me. im just relaying the logic.

if you are STILL concerned about your precious unusable low end torque, you can even adjust a cut out for an exact back pressure amount. so what power will you not get?

Last edited by twentyeggs; 04-23-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Welcome to the family man !
Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM

needs to go lower
Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by chulo
needs to go lower
I am!!! this weekend shes going under the knife again! i will be taking my mudflaps off and making her a good amount lower
Old 05-06-2011, 06:56 PM

Can't wait to see pics of it lower. Looks good bro
Old 05-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Went lower today! my boy just lowered his gs... i wish could go as low as him but due to the conditions of my develpment i cant go any lower ...

i also just ordered the wing for my trunk from the 07-08 so i cant wait to put that on!

I left the rear mudflaps on for reasons i dont know lol. im going to take them off soon...what do you people think?
Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 PM

thats the way to lower your car(coilover), just dont go any lower on those Ksport, they will blow out
Old 05-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by JAMAICANLOVRBOY
thats the way to lower your car(coilover), just dont go any lower on those Ksport, they will blow out
These coilovers are redisned. My boy had ksports bottomd out on his old gs and they rode perfect! These coilovers are really disigned good, but they are a ***** to adjust. Other than that im very satisfied. Thanks for you input i appreciate it!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 PM

Looks pretty good. You either need bigger rims or go even lower. Just saying that because you decided to drop your ride. Might as well go all the way.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 AM

Trust me i would love to just dump this thing and ride on rails but my roads in my area so sooo ****ty (NY) pothole everywhere you look and a lot of uneven ground in the burbs. but i deff am considering going another qr inch. itll look better when i get my wheels
Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM

I understand man, sometimes it's not the best thing to slam it. The streets are pretty much the same way on my side of the country.

Anyways, what kind of wheels you getting man? Got any pics or you gonna keep that a surprise?

Quick Reply: My 2004 SL. Lowered on K sports.