6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

need help finding some stuff inside engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:12 PM

need help finding some stuff inside engine bay

Hey guys I need some help locating:

Fuel Pressure regulator
Throttle position sensor
Vacuum line

You see I'm installing my dry Zex kit on my max and need some help. Pics would help a lot. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 PM

This comment has been removed by me..... I deffinitly didn't know how this was going to affect the situation and I appologize...... good luck with the install.....
Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 PM

WOW, seriously is this the best you could come up with?
If I want to run nitrous on my car thats my problem. How I get my HP shouldnt bother you. If i had asked you wether or not I should run nitrous then you could post a reply like this, otherwise please keep your opnions to what is "whimpy" and what is not to yourself.

There is absolutely nothing about N20 that makes you a wimp. A proper nitrous set up can actually cost you just as much and be as affective as a turbo kit.... cuz my guess is that Turbo is not wimpy to you. I've ran nitrous on my previous car for 3 years and it was on a honda. I'm new to maximas and to .org and so far people like you making it a really crappy site where when i look for technical help i get opinions...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:45 PM

Welcome to the site, Nitrous. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with your request, but I am sure with some thorough web searching, etc you can get the info you need. Then again, you aren't holding a gun to my head asking for this info.....doesn't make you a wimp, it just makes you one wallet richer. Good luck....this site is much different than any other car enthusiast site I've ever lurked about on.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wat the hell is so wrong with running nos? and btw sorry i cannot help you but welcome to the org.

goodluck
Old 05-19-2006, 12:36 PM

throttle position sensor should be near your intake manifold..... not sure where the fuel pressure regulator is located.... the vacuum line connects to the intake.....
Old 05-19-2006, 01:00 PM
GrandPa

I have the Zex wet kit. It took the shop all day to do the install. It was their first install on a 6th gen. They did a great job. I will be trying it out at Nissan Day June 24th at English Town, NJ. This might help you to find those items. Good luck

http://www.phatg20.net/modules.php?n...titleA&show=10
Old 05-19-2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
I have the Zex wet kit. It took the shop all day to do the install. It was their first install on a 6th gen. They did a great job. I will be trying it out at Nissan Day June 24th at English Town, NJ. This might help you to find those items. Good luck

http://www.phatg20.net/modules.php?n...titleA&show=10
I cant believe you still havent tested it out yet. Oh well, it will be that much more fun on the 24th I suppose. U should consider some drag radials to put on your oem wheels or something.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:50 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by Glude
I cant believe you still havent tested it out yet. Oh well, it will be that much more fun on the 24th I suppose. U should consider some drag radials to put on your oem wheels or something.

.................lol..
Old 05-19-2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
This comment has been removed by me..... I deffinitly didn't know how this was going to affect the situation and I appologize...... good luck with the install.....

Its cool man, i got off a little harsh myself...just had a ****ty day at work but its all good. We all one big maxima family afterall :-)
Old 05-20-2006, 08:09 AM

I dont know squat about nitrous systems... whats the difference between a wet and a dry kit? How much do they run??
Old 05-20-2006, 08:41 AM

There is a lot to explain but to make it short basically "dry" kit just sprays directly into your manifold where after its injected it gets mixed with fuel. Pretty much it just helps your car receive more oxygen in, in return it uses more fuel to balance the air/fuel ratio in result your cylinders start moving faster hence you get more hp... usually there are 35 shot, 55 75 100 and 150 they stand for the nozzle size that delivers 35,55,75 etc worth of HP. Unfortunately this is not wheel hp, so power does get lost in the drivetrain but it still gets u a nice little kick while u're spraying.

"Wet" kit mixes nitrous with fuel before it gets injected. Its supposed to be safer because the fuel/air ratio is kind of already pre balanced for you so that you dont go too lean or too rich. Either case will cause detonation and its bad. With the dry kit you're are safe as long as you stay under 75shot I'm planning on going with 55. Its nice 50hp kick and it wont put as much wear and tear on my engine as a higher shot would. Also the install is easy. Dry kit just plugs into your air intake and the zex "smart" box does all the work for you. Just hit the swtich at Wide open Throttle and watch the 3rd gear loose traction LOL
Old 05-20-2006, 09:40 AM

A few things. As the car is a returnless system, the regulator is integrated into the pump assembly IIRC which is in the tank.

I remember in my Spec V days, guys would just run a T off the fuel line. That seemed to work alright for small nitrous shots.

Also being a drive by wire system, I would doubt that there is a TPS. There would be no need to sense the throttle position because the throttle position is determine by the ECU based on your input (pedal).
Old 05-20-2006, 12:32 PM

K guys my personal experience i had wet nitrous zex after i used one full bottle half of other on like 3 months check engine light come out LOL my air sensor my fuel sensor and a another piece of the motor a gasket broke bec of nitrous after they fix all that **** of my car lol guess what?? my intake maniful was getting to hot lol they had to replace the intake too jajaja so guys just becarfule with the nitrous this nissan have to many **** with sensor and computer it will f*** your car any ways good luck with it.. i was lucky i have very good friend on the dealer and they only charge me for one sensor like 400 dollar they put the other one for free and they change intake for free and he show me the paper and everything cost 3000 dollar just leting you know guys (SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH )
Old 05-20-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by cwepruk
A few things. As the car is a returnless system, the regulator is integrated into the pump assembly IIRC which is in the tank.

I remember in my Spec V days, guys would just run a T off the fuel line. That seemed to work alright for small nitrous shots.

Also being a drive by wire system, I would doubt that there is a TPS. There would be no need to sense the throttle position because the throttle position is determine by the ECU based on your input (pedal).
My TPS went bad and was replaced under warranty. It's integrated into the electronic throttle body. The ECU code was definitely TPS.