6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Gonna Represent

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:41 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

GEC, #3, is TEK working on sway bar lol....
Old 06-04-2006, 07:37 AM

looks gooood!!!
got the same rims on mine
20" tis 03's
Old 06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
gec

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
GEC, #3, is TEK working on sway bar lol....
oops I stand corrected that is tek working on sway bar...

Old 06-09-2006, 05:41 AM
gec

car is wired and the trunk is well on its way

Old 06-15-2006, 11:59 AM
gec

Not much interest on this org I guess...here's an update anyway

Fiber glassing the corners

Strobe Lights -- The module and drilling the holes in the rear taillights

Old 06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
gec

Engine Bay coming along

Rear Elite console piece coming along

Doorsills Sueded --- custom piece attached and backlighting...ready to install

Old 06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Cool Member

looking good gec, can't wait to see the final pictures. What are you doing with the rear console ?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:22 PM

he's putting screens in it..... Gec that looks awesome.... not that there is lost interest, just some of us are being patient because we know the pain and hardwork needed to complete such a task as your's..... I like your elite floor panels.... I might replica that idea with a different saying if you don't mind..... would fit nicely with my led and interior glow.....
Old 06-16-2006, 07:23 AM

Yo Kenny! You're a WILD MAN! How are you finding time to trick your ride out to this extent, and install the led dash upgrades for eveyone else here on the org??? Those door sills are wicked! What happened to the "Maxima ones" you originally fitted with the lighting? Great Job! I wish I lived up there in RI, got a feeling I'd be spending alot of time over at your place!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:14 AM
gec

Originally Posted by kidd4l
looking good gec, can't wait to see the final pictures. What are you doing with the rear console ?
Well the entire front and rear console is going to be leathered this week. I'm estimating it will take me 10 hours to complete, because of all the stitching involved --- hopefully less...the rear is going to have 2 monitors in the upper half and 2 inthe lower half --- here is the lower piece done and an overall shot of the design...

Originally Posted by po8pimp
I like your elite floor panels.... I might replica that idea with a different saying if you don't mind..

hey buddy -- thank you --- and no go right ahead --- those sills were painstaking to me in this process, but the result is probably worth the aggrqavation --- if I was to do it again I would og went with a real thin piece of metal and double faced taped it down...viguera and oleg have a digital scan of the original that they were sending to some places, but haven't heard anything else yet....

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
What happened to the "Maxima ones" you originally fitted with the lighting? Great Job!
whats up bro --- thanks --- I still got them...those were lexan plastic that I vinyed over to get an idea of how I could do the lighting for. Thats actually the cheapest way to go...you can buy lexan at the depot or any sign shop and the vinyl you can get anywhere cheap...to make those it prolly cost me under 10 bucks...it'd be good if you just wanted it to show, but durability wise it'll get messed up...but then again for 10 bucks you could just keep making them...lol

Old 06-17-2006, 08:27 AM

That is coming along very nicely. Wow that is a lot of monitors. I see you upgrade to the red top, why not the yellow? also are you running additional batteries. I am working on my system and I only will have 5 monitors and 2 powerful amps and I had to upgrade to the yellow top and 2 odessey 925's in the trunk. This upgrade is more so for shows so that I can run the system and not drain the battery. You might want to look into that is you have not already. I don't think my system will be as fansay as yours but I am working on something that is very slick that very few people have done it will be ready by the end of the month. Good luck on the rest of the install it is going to be steller.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:38 AM
gec

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
That is coming along very nicely. Wow that is a lot of monitors. I see you upgrade to the red top, why not the yellow? also are you running additional batteries. I am working on my system and I only will have 5 monitors and 2 powerful amps and I had to upgrade to the yellow top and 2 odessey 925's in the trunk. This upgrade is more so for shows so that I can run the system and not drain the battery. You might want to look into that is you have not already. I don't think my system will be as fansay as yours but I am working on something that is very slick that very few people have done it will be ready by the end of the month. Good luck on the rest of the install it is going to be steller.
Hi Kub --- I'm not running additional batteries --- I've seperated out the audio and the video at the distribution block--- In the below pic you can see the 4 guage coming out and 2 10 guage --- I left 2 coils one in the front and on in the rear --- then distribution blockc in the center of the car -- all going to run to 3 clarion video amps (which I highly recommend for 30 bucks) --- For the shows you cannot have your battery terminals connected, so I was going to use a power supply module/ intverter and connect that to their source of electricity --- you got something different on that??? been in the back of my mind

Old 06-17-2006, 02:33 PM

I forgot all about the power inverter. I now for shows that are outdoors the inverter would do no good with out power source. Well if you are running an inverter you should be fine. In the pic above is that distro water proof? If not you are gonna want to change that! I have a video amp that has 4 inputs. You are right if you are running vid you need to have the vid amp. Which monitors are you using? I need one to replace the info screen.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:06 PM

wow gec!!! thats going to look sick!!!! one of the hottest maximas thats going to be out there. Keep it up bro!!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 PM

looks really nice
Old 06-19-2006, 08:13 PM
gec

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
Which monitors are you using? I need one to replace the info screen.
I used the Nesa NSM 7005 for the top replacement...you have to take the casing off and secure just the screen to the oem housing... took all of 5 minutes to do and its not an expensive nesa..runs about 135 and good quality too...

Originally Posted by Majestic_MAx05
wow gec!!! thats going to look sick!!!! one of the hottest maximas thats going to be out there. Keep it up bro!!
Thanx Dennis --- I just responded to your e-mail --- been kinda hectic round these parts...lol

Old 06-20-2006, 02:06 AM
GrandPa

Looks real good. I hope ppl drool at the show. PM sent.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:07 AM
the org...not what it was

Hands down that's got to be one of the best looking, classiest Maxima's i've seen. Can't wait to see the final results, and will mos def be looking out for the issue on the stands.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=gec]I used the Nesa NSM 7005 for the top replacement...you have to take the casing off and secure just the screen to the oem housing... took all of 5 minutes to do and its not an expensive nesa..runs about 135 and good quality too...

Thanks Kenny I will order that one. My guy here can get me a really good deal on one.

alicious: "Hands down that's got to be one of the best looking, classiest Maxima's i've seen. Can't wait to see the final results, and will mos def be looking out for the issue on the stands."

Yes he is surely doing his thing and he is going to rep the max community well. But don't sleep there are 2 maxes in the Midwest that are putting it down just wait about 2 weeks and I will share more.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

GEC i really like your grill which one is it or do you have a link? i would like for mine to look exactly like yours did you do anything to it? also how much is it?

Thanks

And by the way your car is coming along great. Your gonna put the max on the map again in the mod world.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:37 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by belal242
GEC i really like your grill which one is it or do you have a link? i would like for mine to look exactly like yours did you do anything to it? also how much is it?

Thanks

And by the way your car is coming along great. Your gonna put the max on the map again in the mod world.
he has the oem grill with the teeth removed by a dremel and some mesh installed in the hole..

it was a DIY grill, you can't get it, but you can get a similar one and its the sarona grill..
Old 06-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
he has the oem grill with the teeth removed by a dremel and some mesh installed in the hole..

it was a DIY grill, you can't get it, but you can get a similar one and its the sarona grill..

Only the good ones you cant get, but seems like i could make it? maybe worth a shot someday. Anys thanks TEK
Old 06-21-2006, 07:18 PM
gec

Originally Posted by belal242
Only the good ones you cant get, but seems like i could make it? maybe worth a shot someday. Anys thanks TEK
Hey bela -- sorry bout the late response...but yeah tek had my back on it..there was a post that someone was asking me for shots of it upclose...ok it was on the other place here I jacked it for you with some pics:

Originally Posted by gec
My brother In-law fabricates everything on my car. What he did was cut out the teeth and then smooth the cuts down all with a dremel. Then he made a template with a piece of cardboard… Then traced it out on the mesh. Cut it out a little bigger and then formed it to fit into the opening. Wrapped the edges around in the back and drilled some holes in the rear and inserted carter pins. Couple of sentences but it took him 4 hours to do it….lol --- you can buy the mesh from custom enterprise

Old 06-23-2006, 05:41 PM
gec

Well I spent the week fiberglassing (nasty sh**) and leathering my middle console... here is a pic of how that rear deck came out. The upper and lower frames are going to hold monitors and the center is going to be a fabricated piece similiar to my doorsills that will also be backlit... My brother In-law comes back this weekend from his vacation, so hopefully we can wrap up these final few things and get you some real pics....

Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 PM

Hey Kenny any up dates?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:17 AM

wow any more updates???
Old 06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
gec

Here's an Update...For the past 2 days straight 8 hours both days I have been working my assssssssssssssssss off on this project...lol...... My fiberglass enclosures are done...YESSSSSSS!!!!!! ... Now I am sueding the WHOLE trunk...and will be putting everything back in and wiring it up.....That's today, tomorrow, and saturdays mission.... Sunday & Monday finish wiring all these damn monitors in the car ....oh...I finished the leathering of the console and lower dash pieces...came out nice...I'll take some pics...and then mid next weeek put her all back together and begin the cleaning process.... So over the next few days here I will post pics....piece by piece as it gets done...Thanks for everybody's support...less than 3 weeks we'll be making a statement....

Old 06-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

bodykit and coilovers will do the trick
Old 07-01-2006, 04:38 AM
gec

Almost done with this trunk. Hopefully today --- I'm thinking an all dayer until this trunk is done..pretty motivated this morning. Here are some progress pics of the trunk....

Corners are done just need some suede

A Dry fit test

Floor - Amp Rack - & Face Plate Sueded

Old 07-01-2006, 04:39 AM
gec

Another test fit with the suede on and woofers in place

Old 07-01-2006, 10:02 AM

SSSSSSMMMMOOOOOTTTHHHHH! You're a madman! Can't wait to see the end product!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:13 AM
gec

Almost done with the trunk...just gotta wire in the amp and tune it up...close....

Old 07-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Damn, that trunk is coming out SLAMIN!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:41 AM

Drewwwling!!! Thats S*it Looks Hottt!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:25 PM

gec, how many watts are you putting out on the system ?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:10 PM
*moderator*

Damn GEC!! Not sure how I keep missing this thread but your ride is looking sweet!! Congrats!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by gec
Almost done with the trunk...just gotta wire in the amp and tune it up...close....

So where do the golf clubs go?

Farging hot ride, keep us posted with new pics.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 PM

Wow that looks good. Whats your source for the suede? What glue are you using to put it on? How stretchy is it? We need details....

O, and any reason for going with the Eclipse subs over getting them direct from TC Sounds?
Old 07-04-2006, 06:00 PM
gec

Originally Posted by Ankit69
gec, how many watts are you putting out on the system ?
Somewhere in the 1000watt mark--- but I can tell you a funny story --- My cousin had finished wiring really late so we couldn't turn it up because the neighbors would've been all over the dials to tthe 5-0 ... so the next morning when I woke up I immediately went down to the garage to take a listen --- about 2 minutes into it blaring in my garage I hear a big crash coming from my office which is a room behind where the trunk was facing...I opened the door and wallllaaa the woofers had vibrated a shelf right off the wall....ehehehhe

Originally Posted by allmotorVQ35
Wow that looks good. Whats your source for the suede? What glue are you using to put it on? How stretchy is it? We need details....
PM me your address and I'll send you a sample

Old 07-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Hey Kenny that is smokin I like that a lot big ups to you. Hey check out my install. I would have post a thread in the 6th gen but I did not want to have one of the mods move it. here is the link. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=480549

Quick Reply: Gonna Represent