6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Damn Nissan windshields!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 PM

Damn Nissan windshields!

I was merging onto the highway the other day and ended up in congestion behind a cement truck. The truck was spilling wet cement all over the road and rocks were hitting my car. I quickly got out of the lane and around the friggin' truck. No apparent damage done.

Then this weekend when I was washing the Max, the water sprayed on my windshield made it crack halfway down the center. A closer inspection revealed that there was a small chip that was no doubt caused by the truck.

Anyway, it looks like I'll have to buy a new windshield for the car I have only owned for 2 months! Anyone have any advice on how much this will cost or how to get a good deal on one?

I am sure there have been previous posts on this topic since Nissan windshields, to me, seem to be weak.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:54 PM

I just got my windshield replaced. I was behind a dump truck a few times and each time I got bombarded by little pebbles, the crack didnt actually show up until a few weeks later after a big snow storm but I can see that it started from a little pebble because of the indentation in the window. I cant believe these trucks can get away with this bullsh**.....
Old 03-27-2006, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Killah Kane
I just got my windshield replaced. I was behind a dump truck a few times and each time I got bombarded by little pebbles, the crack didnt actually show up until a few weeks later after a big snow storm but I can see that it started from a little pebble because of the indentation in the window. I cant believe these trucks can get away with this bullsh**.....
What did the replacement windshield run you?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Get a company name and phone number along with a truck number where and when it happened and call them and tell them that their truck just broke your window and im sure they will cut a check also get the plate number if they dont wanna pay and have your local friendly D.O.T. officer give a call
Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SHIFT_matt
I went through my insurance so I only had to pay my deductible of $100. I got it done at Safelite. Also, without insurance, the job was $300
Old 03-27-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
Get a company name and phone number along with a truck number where and when it happened and call them and tell them that their truck just broke your window and im sure they will cut a check also get the plate number if they dont wanna pay and have your local friendly D.O.T. officer give a call

I would have but I didnt realize that I had damage until weeks later when the crack actually got big enough for me to notice. If I had noticed damage at the time of the impact of the rock, I would have did all that. Sucks
Old 03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I went through my insurance so I only had to pay my deductible of $100. I got it done at Safelite. Also, without insurance, the job was $300
It's been a while for me, but $300 was about right. I think if you buy the glass directly from the dealership, you should be able to get it for $170 or so (atleast when I bought mine 1.5-2 years ago).
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 PM

Just for information sake,

We are truck drivers, and own our own rig, I think you and every other American that travels on these roads with us, ought to know this:

We don't "Get away with this BS". As I have explained in other threads, we pay enormous amounts of money to cover these expenses. And here's the kicker, you ready? We don't get a slick thing in return for all that money we just GAVE our tax agencies to 'cover their losses'.

We pay once a year to the IRS form 2290, Heavy Road Use Tax. That pretty little one costs us $550 a year, (this year, it ran us $951.00 because they prorated us for buying our truck in March) This is the DOT the other fellow was reffering to. He may have read my last post regarding this. DOT will pay your claim if you have correct documentation that a rig did this to you.

When we bought the truck we pay 13% Federal Excise Tax, for us that ran us $13,780, last January, just given to Ole Uncle Sam, (Nothing in return for all that money, except that we get to keep tax liens off our house and business).

Then we pay Registration fee to each and every state we travel in (for us that is all 48). Our first year was $1400, then this year it was $1222.53. (Again, not a dang thing for us, except the luxury of driving our rig we bought and paid for)

Then we pay each and every state a mileage tax and fuel tax every time we fuel. That is about $600 every other day.

On top of that our insurance every month runs us $500. That is with a $1500 deductable.

So next time you think we get away with BS, walk a mile in our shoes!!!! (Or drive a state in our rig with drivers that think we get away with stuff)

Swee-The Driver that doesn't get away with anything!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 PM

I agree with others here that it is most difficult to keep our beautiful Maximas in pristeen condition. But, other than alligators (treads that come loose from recapped tires), large interstate trucks are not a major offender when it comes to road debris.

Local vehicles involved in construction and building/grounds maintenance are by far the worst offenders. Cement, gravel, pebbles, sand, mulch, bricks, metal ductwork, cinder blocks, shingles, ladders, wheelbarrows, pipes . . you name it and they drop it.

'Do it yourself' movers are next worse. Chairs, sofas, tables, and especially mattresses. These yokels have no conception of the pressure air puts on objects piled into the back of a pickup. They seldom make it from one trailer park to another without dropping something. This problem is more prevalent in the South than other parts of the country.

I would put refuse trucks as third on the list. Many folks call them 'garbage' trucks. I don't think I have ever been behind one that did not drop something. I HAVE been behind some that dropped hundreds of things all over the road in a very short distance. Probably unfair, but because of the way they garbage up the roadway, I have always considered garbage trucks and anyone associated with them as garbage.

I would put 'lowlifes' fourth. These folks consider the roadway their personal trash can. Fortunately, their filth is not usually damaging to vehicles. I walk about 1500 feet along the front of my property every few days picking up trash. I usually manage to fill two five gallon buckets each trip. Partially eaten food, soda cans, tobacco products, beer cans, liquor bottles, panties, lewd magazines, needles, reclosed plastic soda bottles with urine in them, used condoms, and things I wont mention on this family board. This is truly a sick world we live in.

I might put long-haul trucks around fifth on the list. Except for the alligators, most of the debris they throw up was deposited by the four previous categories of lamebrains we have just covered, not the semis.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Newbie just Registered

I would have to agree w/ lightonthehill. Construction and maintenance vehicles are the main culprits of debries. Semis just happen to have 18 wheels to kick them up or throw threads. My run-ins w/ damaging road debries were a christmas tree in the fast lane, various sizes of lumber and ply wood, wrought iron pieces. They were more damaging than rocks and pebbles.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 AM

Light and RH,

Thank you for the break down and synopsis of road debris. RH, it is true that we have more tires to grab things with.

We do not recap our tires. Because of what we haul, we do not allow ourselves the luxury of recaps. Most companies do because it is substantially cheaper. We have 10 tires on the tractor (illegal to recap anyway) (and $500 bucks a pop plus the fee to come to our tractor and mount, then tack on disposal fees) and 6 on our trailer. For any of you tire buffs, we ONLY use the Michellin XZA 2's. Those are designed for Nascar styled trailers. We do not recap those.

And yes, recaps can destroy our cars. Again, if that happens, please call your state DOT (Department of Transportation) and file a claim. They get the $550 a year I mentioned above to pay out for these claims. We have zero control over rupturing a tire and most of the time, we don't even know it's happened unless someone tells us, or there is an off chance we actually hear a faint pop in the cab.

When we hit a tire recap, it can rip our airlines out from under our truck, bringing us to an often dangerous and IMMEDIATE stop. We don't like gators and road debris anymore than the little fellows.

Thanks again, for letting this Grub rant. Just tired of 'trucker' statements made out of ignorance by folks quick to point a finger. It's this kind of garbage that increases our outgoing cash flow....and insurance.

As a final oxymoronic thought,
We have a custom show truck and paid through the nose for our paint job, which, ironically enough is covered in pits from rocks and debris as well. We pay $1400 every 4 months to repair and repaint these incidentals. Don't suppose those MIGHT have been kicked up by innocent 4-wheelers do you?

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to pm me.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:20 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't that precious Max of yours (and mine of course) hauled by Allied Trucking (or a truck that gets away with BS)? How about all of those supplies used to build your house/home/apartment? I'm sure your supplies used to keep your car running superbly was also transported at one time or another by one of us lowlife truckers!

Old 03-28-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't that precious Max of yours (and mine of course) hauled by Allied Trucking (or a truck that gets away with BS)? How about all of those supplies used to build your house/home/apartment? I'm sure your supplies used to keep your car running superbly was also transported at one time or another by one of us lowlife truckers!

Yes I understand that trucks make the world go around, but they still ruin cars as well so I really dont give a damn. Lets say I did call DOT after getting hit by a truck and give them them truck number. They will probably argue with me that I have no actual proof that their truck did that to my car, right? So whats the point. Why cant there be a way for trucks to do their jobs without harming other vehicles? I mean, lets say my occupation was a snow plow driver, would it be right for me to scratch and dent someones car just cuz I was plowing and their car happened to be in my way? No, people would want me to do my job without doing any harm to anyone else. So Yes, they still really do get away with the BS
Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 AM

Just for information sake,

We are truck drivers, and own our own rig, I think you and every other American that travels on these roads with us, ought to know this:

We don't "Get away with this BS". As I have explained in other threads, we pay enormous amounts of money to cover these expenses. And here's the kicker, you ready? We don't get a slick thing in return for all that money we just GAVE our tax agencies to 'cover their losses'.

We pay once a year to the IRS form 2290, Heavy Road Use Tax. That pretty little one costs us $550 a year, (this year, it ran us $951.00 because they prorated us for buying our truck in March) This is the DOT the other fellow was reffering to. He may have read my last post regarding this. DOT will pay your claim if you have correct documentation that a rig did this to you.

When we bought the truck we pay 13% Federal Excise Tax, for us that ran us $13,780, last January, just given to Ole Uncle Sam, (Nothing in return for all that money, except that we get to keep tax liens off our house and business).

Then we pay Registration fee to each and every state we travel in (for us that is all 48). Our first year was $1400, then this year it was $1222.53. (Again, not a dang thing for us, except the luxury of driving our rig we bought and paid for)

Then we pay each and every state a mileage tax and fuel tax every time we fuel. That is about $600 every other day.

On top of that our insurance every month runs us $500. That is with a $1500 deductable.

So next time you think we get away with BS, walk a mile in our shoes!!!! (Or drive a state in our rig with drivers that think we get away with stuff)

Swee-The Driver that doesn't get away with anything!

Speaking of , you obviously make money in spite of all these "nothing in return for us" fees and expenses. Otherwise, you wouldn't do it. And some of the worst godawful driving and behavior I've seen on the road has been so-called "professional drivers" in 18-wheelers, so don't try to have us believe you're all angels.

Lots of folks have jobs that require special permits, licenses, training, insurance, or other "BS", so you don't deserve any medals. Like they say, if it's too much for you, get another job.

Your post just struck me as a "poor pitiful me" statement, whether that was your intent or not, and people don't like whiners.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:56 AM

You are ignorant of the way the world really works. Did you not hear/read me say that in the last 11 months I have paid dearly for the very stuff you argue about?

I have paid close to $20, 000 and yet you gripe and moan...what about my rig and the potential damage done to it by your car and the garbage that your car does to the road?

I am offended that you can be so closed minded and quick to blame us. Until you have a clue as to what you are talking about, (DRIVE A RIG FOR A MONTH), you have no friggin' concept of the very things you think are reasonable............ How much more money shall I shell out until whiners like you are satisfied? Until my business folds? How narrow minded!

BTW Ask Steven 88 about collecting on a claim from DOT for damage caused by a rig!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:03 AM

I checked my dealer and was quoted $280.00, I just got off the phone with Safelite Auto Glass and they were charging me $212.00, with a lifetime warranty.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 AM

Mike, apparently you have missed the point! Is it right for this guy smack talk truckers about what we get away with without having his info right? (we pay a lot for getting away with BS!) I never said we were angels, so you drew that conclusion, I never said that!

Mike, you are just as ignorant and foolish and Kane. You have never met my husband or myself, and in your ignorance, you group us with less than professional drivers. If you are interested in broadening your horizons, pm me.

I, too am not in favor of the typical driver either. In our 8 years of driving, I have met my share of pond scum. Being a female, I have been propositioned and misstreated at truckstops and rest area's. We ARE NOT IN THAT GROUP!

Car drivers (yourself included) have done stupid things that are less than 'angelic.' How many times have you looked for a hole to plug in front of a rig.....lanes ending try to cut in front of rigs?

So because we make money means more of it should go into the governmental pocket to cover your cars damage, and yet you want more! Take it up with THE DOT!!!!!!!!!!! People like you see folks like us as a rolling bank roll!
How much more shall we pay to pacify your whims?

Not that it is any of your DAMN business, we have considered folding because of these fees and ever increasing fuel costs.............And if you had done ANY homework ,you would have read just how many drivers have had their trucks repoed. The average interest rate on a rig note is 11-16 percent because of their high repo rate...........Get your info before you side with the unintelligeable and uninformed...............
Your thoughtless comments indicate your lack of understanding or comprehension of my well laid out points......

I never wanted medals......that was your arrogance speaking. Take your self-righteous views and be a little more analytical. Your comments were outta line. This started with Kane flaming truckers, not us looking for pity!
All your comments did was invoke a verbal confrontation, not solve anything or even remotely bring about resolution to this situation.

Some of your other lesser comments, I don't owe you anymore of my explanations.

So because you get a raise at work, I am entitled to more of it and if you don't like me taking more of your money, you should "Like they say, if it's too much for you, get another job."? What kind of ludicrous thinking is that?

Funny that you were oh so quick to hop on me for pity and as quick to dismiss Kane as a pity party unto himself! What hypocrisy!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jcberb
I checked my dealer and was quoted $280.00, I just got off the phone with Safelite Auto Glass and they were charging me $212.00, with a lifetime warranty.
Not bad, I dont know why Safelite in my area was charging almost $300 for a new one.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:13 PM

You are ignorant of the way the world really works. Did you not hear/read me say that in the last 11 months I have paid dearly for the very stuff you argue about?

I have paid close to $20, 000 and yet you gripe and moan...what about my rig and the potential damage done to it by your car and the garbage that your car does to the road?

I am offended that you can be so closed minded and quick to blame us. Until you have a clue as to what you are talking about, (DRIVE A RIG FOR A MONTH), you have no friggin' concept of the very things you think are reasonable............ How much more money shall I shell out until whiners like you are satisfied? Until my business folds? How narrow minded!

BTW Ask Steven 88 about collecting on a claim from DOT for damage caused by a rig!

Get a new freakin job or stop your nagging
Old 03-28-2006, 12:28 PM

I was merging onto the highway the other day and ended up in congestion behind a cement truck. The truck was spilling wet cement all over the road and rocks were hitting my car. I quickly got out of the lane and around the friggin' truck. No apparent damage done.

Then this weekend when I was washing the Max, the water sprayed on my windshield made it crack halfway down the center. A closer inspection revealed that there was a small chip that was no doubt caused by the truck.

Anyway, it looks like I'll have to buy a new windshield for the car I have only owned for 2 months! Anyone have any advice on how much this will cost or how to get a good deal on one?

I am sure there have been previous posts on this topic since Nissan windshields, to me, seem to be weak.
Well, welcome to the club. The same thing has happened to me. The only difference is I was driving behind a minivan and bang. It started out as a little ding in the windshield and two days later it looked like the car had been vandalized. My car was also two months old when this happened. I called the insurance company, but was told that I needed to meet my $500 deductible. I was then referred to a glass place and was quoted $375 and the dealer quoted me $275 (windshield), $15 (molding) and $195 (installation). Needless to say, I hung up on them. I just called Safelite today and was quoted $327 (this includes the windshield and installation). The windshield would have been cheaper if the car wasn't equipped with navi.

I'm beginning to think that Nissan windshields are garbage. I've never had this happen to me with any of the other cars that I've ever owned. Good Luck!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM

Stop talking garbage about truckers! or myself! Don't tell me how to live my life. All I wanted you to see was that you made a baseless claim against folks who do what I do! That was wrong no matter how you slice it, step up to the plate and quit acting childish!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:55 PM

Get a new freakin job or stop your nagging

Isn't that the kettle calling the pot black. Talk about getting a job! Try making a real living Kane and stop bashing others carrer choices!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:25 PM

4myswee, you are the one going ballistic here, and you're bringing this on yourself. ALL of us have our burdens to bear, so don't start with that crap about we don't understand, and we're just ignorant and uninformed and thoughtless.

For your information, I am a 61-year-old man, not a kid. And I've been around the block a few times in my life. It is out of line for you to start calling me names because I didn't "feel your pain" (to use a Clintonism) and feel all sorry for you because you and your hubby are truckers.

Yes, you truckers get a bad rap sometimes, and so have I in my profession. But you deserve no more pity than any of the rest of us, so quit feeling sorry for yourself as if you're the only one who has any tough times.

Unless I read the original post wrong, the man said a truck threw up a rock and broke his windshield. He didn't ask for a list of complaints from you as a trucker, so quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve and get back to work. Otherwise, go to the OFF TOPIC forum and post there about how hard it is to be you.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
4myswee, you are the one going ballistic here, and you're bringing this on yourself. ALL of us have our burdens to bear, so don't start with that crap about we don't understand, and we're just ignorant and uninformed and thoughtless.

For your information, I am a 61-year-old man, not a kid. And I've been around the block a few times in my life. It is out of line for you to start calling me names because I didn't "feel your pain" (to use a Clintonism) and feel all sorry for you because you and your hubby are truckers.

Yes, you truckers get a bad rap sometimes, and so have I in my profession. But you deserve no more pity than any of the rest of us, so quit feeling sorry for yourself as if you're the only one who has any tough times.

Unless I read the original post wrong, the man said a truck threw up a rock and broke his windshield. He didn't ask for a list of complaints from you as a trucker, so quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve and get back to work. Otherwise, go to the OFF TOPIC forum and post there about how hard it is to be you.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly
Old 03-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Isn't that the kettle calling the pot black. Talk about getting a job! Try making a real living Kane and stop bashing others carrer choices!

I am an Executive for a major radio station, thats a good enough job for me...
Old 03-29-2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX

You're the one who read pity into what I said!!!

I was setting Kane straight and informing him that it isn't free BS! And again, you failed to jump on Kane for slamming us! How narrow minded and hypocritical you are being! Get frustrated for me defending my job and yet you look the other way when Kane makes his obnoxious, and uneducated statements. How lopsided is that...rather how (Democrat- like is that view).

I have never said I didn't like my job, nor did I ever ask for your pity! You jumped on the wrong bandwagon! You are quick to back Kane thoughtless comments, so whether you like it or not, that unfortunately groups you (Intelligent as you may be) with him! His comments were wrong and off the cuff as well!

I have never needed pity from anyone. My husband and I busted our rears, and through the very Grace of God we got this job!

You, regardless of your age, have tried to correct me or cause me to see things your way! And you took this personal. For being 61, you should know the difference between some young kid (Kane) running off at the mouth about a profession and talking garbage about one of which he knows not a thing!

You aren't going to convince me to do or see things your way, so you are better off taking your opinions and backing a 'non knowing Kane' elsewhere.

For you to think I am feeling sorry for my self is a lack of serious insight! I am VERY proud of what we do. In that, I am ok to be a little fried at Kane for saying things like that about people who do my profession!

Kane, I have never heard of your 'station'. Your website leaves me to think you have published one artist. Just from your website I can make blank, uneducated statements about your carrer. I am ok to be a little mad at you for saying those things about mine, shall I start acting like you and coming off as short sighted as you have been to people who do what I do.

MIKE.............I have NEVER wanted your pity or anyone else's. Let me make that ABUNDANTLY clear. You jumped on the wrong bandwagon. You should be able to seperate this from your 61 years of working in the real world! I apologize if you read pity in my correcting Kane's incorrect comment.

I wish the best for the both of you. Kane, broaden your horizons and do a little research about what, this carrer you slam, really does for you, before you group us with pond scum! It was a shortsighted comment, One I will most definately forgive you for!

KANE AND MIKE

That said, I hope you all the best in your music carrer and publishing others. I hope that you are as wealthy as you desire.

Mike, may the rest of your life be the best it can. May you enjoy the remainder of it doing what you want. May you have grandchildren you can enjoy and spoil rotten! I truly do wish you the best (BOTH OF YOU).
Old 03-29-2006, 02:49 PM

Thanks, 4myswee. I never intended anything I said as a personal attack, and I'm sorry if you took it that way. Heck, I don't even know if Kane is worth defending!

Enough of this!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:53 PM

You're the one who read pity into what I said!!!

I was setting Kane straight and informing him that it isn't free BS! And again, you failed to jump on Kane for slamming us! How narrow minded and hypocritical you are being! Get frustrated for me defending my job and yet you look the other way when Kane makes his obnoxious, and uneducated statements. How lopsided is that...rather how (Democrat- like is that view).

I have never said I didn't like my job, nor did I ever ask for your pity! You jumped on the wrong bandwagon! You are quick to back Kane thoughtless comments, so whether you like it or not, that unfortunately groups you (Intelligent as you may be) with him! His comments were wrong and off the cuff as well!

I have never needed pity from anyone. My husband and I busted our rears, and through the very Grace of God we got this job!

You, regardless of your age, have tried to correct me or cause me to see things your way! And you took this personal. For being 61, you should know the difference between some young kid (Kane) running off at the mouth about a profession and talking garbage about one of which he knows not a thing!

You aren't going to convince me to do or see things your way, so you are better off taking your opinions and backing a 'non knowing Kane' elsewhere.

For you to think I am feeling sorry for my self is a lack of serious insight! I am VERY proud of what we do. In that, I am ok to be a little fried at Kane for saying things like that about people who do my profession!

Kane, I have never heard of your 'station'. Your website leaves me to think you have published one artist. Just from your website I can make blank, uneducated statements about your carrer. I am ok to be a little mad at you for saying those things about mine, shall I start acting like you and coming off as short sighted as you have been to people who do what I do.

MIKE.............I have NEVER wanted your pity or anyone else's. Let me make that ABUNDANTLY clear. You jumped on the wrong bandwagon. You should be able to seperate this from your 61 years of working in the real world! I apologize if you read pity in my correcting Kane's incorrect comment.

I wish the best for the both of you. Kane, broaden your horizons and do a little research about what, this carrer you slam, really does for you, before you group us with pond scum! It was a shortsighted comment, One I will most definately forgive you for!

KANE AND MIKE

That said, I hope you all the best in your music carrer and publishing others. I hope that you are as wealthy as you desire.

Mike, may the rest of your life be the best it can. May you enjoy the remainder of it doing what you want. May you have grandchildren you can enjoy and spoil rotten! I truly do wish you the best (BOTH OF YOU).
My website has nothing to do with me being an Executive for a radio station. You never heard of my radio station because 1.) you dont live in Ct 2.) I never mentioned what station I work for. Anyways, dont matter to me, I really dont give a damn about this retarded thread. And I never said anything bad about your job until you started lashing out on all of us because we said that we hate our cars getting hit by rocks from trucks. You the one who started getting all defensive about it and as you can see, a lot of others feel the same way about the way you reacted. I havent seen one supporter of your comments on this thread. Anyways, Pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-29-2006, 05:59 PM

Dude same thing for me....except here in alaska they put down little rocks on the road and vehicles in front of you fling them at your car....so you get chips on your paint and your windshield.....i had my car for only 2 months and a rock hit it pretty hard....two or three days later i had the defroster on not thinking about the chip in the window and...........spllllllllllllllllllllllllllllit.... ..almost across the entire window on the bottom part of it
Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 PM

too much emotion ... got a "nismo" feeling for this thread!...

how did a windshied crack get to truckers jobs? .. swee .. relax!
mike-tx made the most sense out here! (besides LoH)

killah: trucks will throw the stones higher (windshield) .. sedans/suvs and the rest will get ure bumper/hood... i.e. any vehicle on the road, will cause damage, if the road is not maintained!!!!

"keep ure distance", has good meaning!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:34 AM

Thanks guys! This is better than watching a soap opera. lol!
Old 03-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

I skimmed through the nonsense in this thread and have two comments:

- Modern cars with their aerodynamically sloped front hood permit more road debris to hit the windshield.

- Buy full glass replacement insurance coverage... It's very inexpensive.

Actually I have three comments... Quit moaning guys. Stuff happens on the road.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by PETZUK
Buy full glass replacement insurance coverage... It's very inexpensive.
So where can I get full glass replacement insurance? I have USAA for my auto insurance and I don't think they offer that in thier coverages. Does AAA do this sort of thing?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:41 AM

I carry State Farm, had to replace the windshield on a two week old Ram because of a rock spawl righ in front of my face. It was covered under comprehensive - didn't have to pay the deductible.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Chassis Freak

4MySwee, so you have to pay thousands and thousands of dollars in taxes? Those taxes pay for the ROADS you are driving on, which are created and maintained by the government. That's where your money goes. I think it's only fair that you should pay for each state that you drive in if your job is driving. You are using the roads much more than the typical person.

With all due respect, it's clear that you're not hurting financially if you have a 2005 Maxima and a "custom show truck".

A final OT thought not directed at anyone: the amount of trucks on the road is out of hand. If we had an administration with foresight, we would be putting money into reviving our flagging rail system. It would mean better roads (trucks damage roads far more than cars), safer roads without so many huge trucks, less need for pavement in general, and overall greater efficiency (which makes more sense, driving 100 semis cross country or just one train?). Obviously I'm not denying that trucks are necessary for shorter hauls; nor am I saying that truck drivers are poo-poo heads; I'm talking about the birds-eye view here.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
wsu

brittle?

In comparison to other vehicles I have driven, it seems that the Maxima windshield is more susceptible to damage. It may not be significant or there may not be a connection, but even the sound of debris striking the Maxima windshield is higher pitched than other cars in my history. With the Maxima it is less of a thud and more of a chirp/higher frequency-which leads me to speculate that the glass is more brittle(?).

Any glass experts out there willing to comment or make a more informed speculation?