6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

VAFC vs. SAFC

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:11 PM

VAFC vs. SAFC

Vafc Is Only For Honda And Acura. It's Made A Car With Vtec.

Um... Nissan Cars Don't Have Vtec. I Wanna See How You Gonna Use This Vafc. If You Already Bought This Product And Was Planning To Use It On Nissan Car. Good Luck. I Noe You Gonna End Up Returning That Product.

Let's Say It Was Vafc Was Better Like U Said. How Come None Of Fixed Up Supras And Skylines Have It??? Dat's Right It Only Wokrs With The Cars With Vtec.

Safc Ii Is The Way To Go Man.

Don't Ever Post Something Stupid Like Dat In Da Future.. Thank You.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:58 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by SEXIMA04

Um... Nissan Cars Don't Have Vtec. I Wanna See How You Gonna Use This Vafc. If You Already Bought This Product And Was Planning To Use It On Nissan Car. Good Luck. I Noe You Gonna End Up Returning That Product.

Let's Say It Was Vafc Was Better Like U Said. How Come None Of Fixed Up Supras And Skylines Have It??? Dat's Right It Only Wokrs With The Cars With Vtec.

Then I suppose I have installed VTEC on two different Maximas now.

You really should make sure YOU have the correct info before you call someone else 'stupid'.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:12 PM

A VAFC will control any motor that has variable valve timing. All that little nifty device allows you to do is control the point at which it occurs (like on a honda, instead of vtec at 6000, you can change it to 4800, trust me I know, I just sold my turbo integra.)

As for the original poster: Of course you will notice a difference performance wise with the cams, I cant speak for nismo/stillen cams or any other cams for that matter, I just purchased my first Nissan and Im still new to the field of VQ's and Nissans in general, but I know on most other cars, along with the purchase of cams, you will need some mild tuning to get the idle right among other things. I would hate for your idle to go to ****.

Good Luck.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:31 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by BlackMax06
A VAFC will control any motor that has variable valve timing. All that little nifty device allows you to do is control the point at which it occurs (like on a honda, instead of vtec at 6000, you can change it to 4800, trust me I know, I just sold my turbo integra.) .
No it won't. And that isn't even why you would install the VAFC2 vs. the SAC2 in these cars.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:24 AM

Aiite. You Can Install It But Withought Connection Vtec Solenoid Wire. Cuz That's The Whole Point Of Having Vafc. I Have Two Constant Adjustable Valve System. It's Totally Different From Vtec. I Have Two Lobes On My Cam. Vtec Has 3. Vtec Uses The Solenoid To Change Oil Flow To Other Direction To Enable Vtec.

So Without Connecting The Vtec Solenoid Wire, It's Identical To Safc. Vafc Ii Also Allows For The Vtec Engagement Point To Be Manipulated From 3000-7000 Rpm, Including The New I-vtec Systems, Vafc Has More Functions, Because It Have Vtec Engagement Point Change And Unmatch Fuel Control..

Ok Sr20den.

Let Me Ask You This.. How Do You Hack Afc, If I Have Different Injectors?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:32 AM

A VAFC will control any motor that has variable valve timing. All that little nifty device allows you to do is control the point at which it occurs (like on a honda, instead of vtec at 6000, you can change it to 4800, trust me I know, I just sold my turbo integra.)

As for the original poster: Of course you will notice a difference performance wise with the cams, I cant speak for nismo/stillen cams or any other cams for that matter, I just purchased my first Nissan and Im still new to the field of VQ's and Nissans in general, but I know on most other cars, along with the purchase of cams, you will need some mild tuning to get the idle right among other things. I would hate for your idle to go to ****.

Good Luck.
Variable timing has many different ways you cant change your VQ engine timing with honda way. Honda use changing of oil line to enable vtec
and VQ advance your timming with cam angle wire you are running
so VAFC Vtec fuction won`t work on *^&%$ nissan cars. y won't they use vafc cuz it don't work.

like i said.. you can install it but it's gonna be identical to SAFC. believe wut you want. and do wut u guys want. it's just an opinion. i am not trying to fight here. just trying to help. if i wasnt much of a help then my bad.

take care.

Tom
Old 01-21-2006, 06:17 AM
VQ Wizard

Aiite. You Can Install It But Withought Connection Vtec Solenoid Wire. Cuz That's The Whole Point Of Having Vafc. I Have Two Constant Adjustable Valve System. It's Totally Different From Vtec. I Have Two Lobes On My Cam. Vtec Has 3. Vtec Uses The Solenoid To Change Oil Flow To Other Direction To Enable Vtec.

So Without Connecting The Vtec Solenoid Wire, It's Identical To Safc. Vafc Ii Also Allows For The Vtec Engagement Point To Be Manipulated From 3000-7000 Rpm, Including The New I-vtec Systems, Vafc Has More Functions, Because It Have Vtec Engagement Point Change And Unmatch Fuel Control..

Ok Sr20den.

Let Me Ask You This.. How Do You Hack Afc, If I Have Different Injectors?

With four million posts on maxima.org you would think there would be a wealth of information here for you to search through and find for yourself.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hlight=VAFC-II

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=vafc2

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=449929
Old 01-21-2006, 12:27 PM
SuPeRmOd

There is A LOT of PWN4G3 in this thread:

sure this link is already mentioned, but it's at the top of General Max Forum:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=433879

(Dude, do you really hit SHIFT for every word, or are you trying to type in Caps Lock for some weird reason??)
Old 01-21-2006, 03:54 PM

So am I the dumb guy who wants the VAFCII?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
So am I the dumb guy who wants the VAFCII?

I AM SAYING YOU ARE DUMB. IF YOU WANNA BUY IT AND INTALL IT FEEL FREE. I JUST GAVE MY OPINION ABOUT VAFC VS. SAFC.

I STILL DON'T GET WHY SOME PEOPLE WANNA GET VAFC OVER SAFC FOR THE NISSAN CAR. V IN VAFC DOESN'T RING A BELL TO YOU GUYS?

ANYWAY. I ALWAYS LIKE TO WRITE CAP. SO I ALWAYS HAVE CAPS LOCK ON. I ALSO DO THIS ON MY ESSAYS AND ETC. ALWAYS GET IN TROUBLE THOUGH. YEAH IT'S WEIRD REASON I GUESS.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:25 PM
SuPeRmOd

I STILL DON'T GET WHY SOME PEOPLE WANNA GET VAFC OVER SAFC FOR THE NISSAN CAR. V IN VAFC DOESN'T RING A BELL TO YOU GUYS?
All you have to do is read all the links provided that unequivocally prove you wrong and show ALL the advantages. But ignorance is bliss.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:34 PM

You dont have any place for calling me dumb but whatever, Im not the one making myself look like a complete idiot. I woud prefer the better of the 2 afc's for tuning if they cost the same price, wouldnt u? Stop yelling
Old 01-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

I woud prefer the better of the 2 afc's for tuning if they cost the same price, wouldnt u? Stop yelling
I just received my SAFC-II and wish I had read this thread earlier, however the SAFC will still do good things and whatever someone chooses for their ride is up to them. Looking back at all the info, yes I may have gone with the VAFC for it's noted advantages, however no one downplayed the advantages of a SAFC-II that is dyno tuned to your vehicle.

Be cool and turn the caps off, it's annoying. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it that will get you heard...
Old 01-22-2006, 02:37 PM

You dont have any place for calling me dumb but whatever, Im not the one making myself look like a complete idiot. I woud prefer the better of the 2 afc's for tuning if they cost the same price, wouldnt u? Stop yelling
actually ur not in the right place to call people dumb. i believe that my friend sexima 04 was the first of alot of things in the 6th gen max's.
i dont see any of you pu$$y *** bitc*es dishing out the doh to try new things out just to benefit others on the forum. all your doing is *****ing at my friend here.

after reviewing your links, the only difference that i have found b/t the safc and the vafc is the 12 more points for fuel, and a vtec engagement switch.
i highly doubt that there is a huge difference by engaging the butterfly valve a little earlier. what like a 1 or 2 hp difference.
Y DONT ALL OF YOU JUST ATTACH A STRING TO THE ****ING VALVE AND OPEN IT YOURSELF FROM THE CABIN, YOU'LL SAVE HUNDREDS OF $$$$.

SR20 what have you contributed to this forum except the "wasting of time"
do you have an SR20

i currently have a s14 sr20det along w/ a max and a xterra.
so i do believe i know what i am talking about. not to mention "eric" my buddy to also posted on my friends sn "SEXIMA" have worked for race shops, and have done countless modifications ranging from your POS EG to you W202.
if you have anything that i wouldn't know please enlighten me. but dont post up "VAFC>AFC" explain yourself in the same post. man...had to read all those stupid posts just to find out 2 lil things.

WASTE OF FUC*King time. people say u know ur ****.....PROVE IT. DONT PROVIDE WORTHLESS LINKS.

MAN...i g2g study for midterms....

JUST BECAUSE YOU POST ALOT DOESN'T MEAN U KNOW YOUR S*IT.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by AzNx2k2xSEXima
actually ur not in the right place to call people dumb. i believe that my friend sexima 04 was the first of alot of things in the 6th gen max's.
i dont see any of you pu$$y *** bitc*es dishing out the doh to try new things out just to benefit others on the forum. all your doing is *****ing at my friend here.

after reviewing your links, the only difference that i have found b/t the safc and the vafc is the 12 more points for fuel, and a vtec engagement switch.
i highly doubt that there is a huge difference by engaging the butterfly valve a little earlier. what like a 1 or 2 hp difference.
Y DONT ALL OF YOU JUST ATTACH A STRING TO THE ****ING VALVE AND OPEN IT YOURSELF FROM THE CABIN, YOU'LL SAVE HUNDREDS OF $$$$.

do you have an SR20

so i do believe i know what i am talking about. not to mention "eric" my buddy to also posted on my friends sn "SEXIMA" have worked for race shops, and have done countless modifications ranging from your POS EG to you W202.
if you have anything that i wouldn't know please enlighten me. but dont post up "VAFC>AFC" explain yourself in the same post. man...had to read all those stupid posts just to find out 2 lil things.

WASTE OF FUC*King time. people say u know ur ****.....PROVE IT. DONT PROVIDE WORTHLESS LINKS.

Your a F*cking idiot, I have nothing more to say. You obviously have no clue what your saying here because the people you are attacking have contributed more to the forum than your butt buddy ever will.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:01 PM
SuPeRmOd

AzNx2k2xSEXima

what does any of this have to do with you? your sexima friend (nice names) came on here calling names and proving his ignorance saying

VAFC has a V and only works with VTEC
he was proven wrong. it makes no sense and is disproven by those with the VAFC on their Nissans. HE IS WRONG.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
AzNx2k2xSEXima

what does any of this have to do with you? your sexima friend (nice names) came on here calling names and proving his ignorance saying

he was proven wrong. it makes no sense and is disproven by those with the VAFC on their Nissans. HE IS WRONG.
Exactly, and he started all this by calling me dumb. I was in no way trying to disrespect him but obviously he decided to get bent out shape and whine to his friend because he was proven wrong. Im not doubting that hes doing good things for the 6th gen, its very impressive that he has installed headers. I knew they would fit with modification, but I have a job and dont have time for messing with something that almost fits. Next time you jump on someone for something, make sure your right first.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nissan uses continuosly variable valve timing system, except we call cvtcs, and honda calls it vtech. correct me if im wrong but arent they pretty close to even the exact same thing?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by logik05se
nissan uses continuosly variable valve timing system, except we call cvtcs, and honda calls it vtech. correct me if im wrong but arent they pretty close to even the exact same thing?
ok guys....theres no point in calling people dumb.
but there is a huge difference between the honda vtec and nissans cvtc.
THE BIGGEST difference as stated b4 in the thread is that honda's vtec actually switches CAM LOBES. creating the best of both worlds. conservative at low RPM and real aggressive at high. the whole thing is controled by a solinoid that switches the heads...dang...can't eplain.....need to draw it out. but the NISSANS ONLY switch the timing of that cam and they added the lil butterfly valve in the manifold which seems to be the WHOLE PURPOSE for using the VAFC. this didn't give me any gains when i was messing around w/ it. THIS is no where comparable to REAL VTEC.

i was kinda pissed off that u guys were harassing my buddy. He isn't too fond of this forum in the first place. Not to be *****ing at u guys but u 6th gens need to man up and start testing out more ****.

DONT TALK ABOUT HAVING A JOB and no time. We didn't pull money out of our asses to be able to do all the mods. we have jobs too. so thats no excuse
Old 01-22-2006, 04:56 PM

Your a F*cking idiot, I have nothing more to say. You obviously have no clue what your saying here because the people you are attacking have contributed more to the forum than your butt buddy ever will.
dude....did you NOT read what i said..... JUST BECAUSE you have alot of post duzn't mean u know all your sh*t.
my friend already has contributed quite a bit, just by being tough enough to try new things out instead of being a little pus$y and making up reasons y not to do this mod.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:11 PM

dude....did you NOT read what i said..... JUST BECAUSE you have alot of post duzn't mean u know all your sh*t.
my friend already has contributed quite a bit, just by being tough enough to try new things out instead of being a little pus$y and making up reasons y not to do this mod.
Sorry but my car isnt my life and I never said post count meant anything. Obviously you pulled that outa your *** because I never said that. Do you have something to prove? Also, the maxima IS NOT a race car but you seem to have the state of mind it is. Anways you have proven nothing but that your a complete ***.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:55 PM

I feel some vacation times may be coming to some on this thread. Take cover!!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:24 PM

What the hell is VAFC and SAFC????
Old 01-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Man i thought Vietnam was over... (No racial meaning or intent)..
Old 01-22-2006, 07:57 PM

You've been here since 2002 and you're asking a question like that? You need to read around a little more.

No one is going to spoon feed you, esp not with an attitude like this. Links have been posted, and all you have to do is read and comprehend.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:58 PM
VQ Wizard

after reviewing your links, the only difference that i have found b/t the safc and the vafc is the 12 more points for fuel,
The facts start and end with this statement.

and a vtec engagement switch.
There is actually NO gains to be had at all by changing the active point of the power valve.
Point missed again. Please revert back to statement #1.

There is a whopping $5 difference on Ebay between the SAFC-II and the VAFC-II. However, I doubt your string method will impress the dyno or the cars that just beat you at the track. I'll take my chances with the computer that can surely do the math quicker than me, while I tend to more important things , like driving the car.

In your case, apparently nothing.

do you have an SR20
No. I sold my SE-R several years ago. It was along time ago when I would build them, back when Internet forums such as this did not exist, or your drivers license.

I am happy for you, and the several thousand other people who have them too. I never had the luxury of following in someone else's footsteps when I was owning all the local Hondas at the racetrack. I had to figure everything out for myself.

so i do believe i know what i am talking about.
What exactly are you talking about?

not to mention "eric" my buddy to also posted on my friends sn "SEXIMA" have worked for race shops, and have done countless modifications ranging from your POS EG to you W202.
If you want some credible recognition, that certainly won't do it for me. There are more bad shops then good ones.

if you have anything that i wouldn't know please enlighten me.
I tried. I posted several links that show I have beaten this subject like a dead mule, trying to educate everyone as to which product is the better buy. And yet all you seem to want to do is complain that I haven't done exactly what I have done.

but dont post up "VAFC>AFC" explain yourself in the same post. man...had to read all those stupid posts just to find out 2 lil things.
Point missed again. Let me ask you this, since you seem to be the most patient and forgiving person in this forum. If you discovered something that could be potentially valuable to this community and you posted that info about a dozen times within the span of a few months, would it not tire you in the least that many people still chose NOT to put forth the effort to find this repetitive information? I do make a conscious effort to help people on here. And even with my short temper and lack of patience when it comes to repeating something for the tenth time, I think I do ok.

I did however provide the links that showed where this information had been repetitively provided. I didn't see the need to explain in detail that information. And I didn't use the old .org method which would be to tell you to search for it yourself and help you no further.

WASTE OF FUC*King time.
You're welcome.

people say u know ur ****.....
And I am eternally flattered.

PROVE IT.
I thought I had. If not, then why would other people say so?

DONT PROVIDE WORTHLESS LINKS.
And in exactly what other way would you suggest I do this? I suppose now that my life will revolve around meeting your approval I will either have to ask you to move to Charlotte or I'll have to move to you. I just don't see any other way to prove my worth and loyalty to you if you won't accept my literary English. And I can't type it in any other language. I do know a few words in Vietnamese and Cambodian, but those words aren't exactly ones you should be using in public, or to your local preacher.

And I hope you do well. I just pray they have nothing to do with reading comprehension because you may just have an exhaustive uphill battle on your hands.

You've finally said something that I can agree on.

Wait, I recall something about someone working at a race shop.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:08 PM

Wow,

This thread went to ****.

Learned a little more about my car though
Old 01-22-2006, 10:09 PM
VQ Wizard

Wow,

This thread went to ****.

Learned a little more about my car though
And if you have any further questions please feel free to ask away. I'll do my best to assist.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 PM

Thanks man,

Ill do that.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:26 PM
drag racing is for wussies

So you own a riced out 240SX with a engine swap.... uuuu aaaa. I've rolled around in SR20 powered Sentras before you started grade school. At the same time since you have a SR in your car this must mean you know LOTS bout them eh ? You would probably know that the KA24 that your car came with is a MUCH better starting point than the SR also... I don't work at no race shops, I work for a CAR dealer. I also built ALOT of fast Nissans and Hondas for less than your engine swap cost. If you read the links provided you would know WHY VAFC is a much better piggy back compared to the normal SAFC, but since your intelligence challenges that of a water mellon I will leave it at that. I love going to "race shops" just to see what kinda BS they will tell me, how I am wrong and they are right. I have YET to find a rice shop that knows WTF they are talking bout, most of them are ran by a buncha lil kids who have a combined IQ similar to that of a orangutan. Atleast orangutan has a better hair style than those lil hair gel punks who know all....
Old 01-22-2006, 10:57 PM

This is the dumbest sheit I've read in a while. I understand why some people here don't want to help anyone else, just to have it thrown back in their face and called ignorant.

Hey you kids, Get the fock outta here!

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451198

Edit: posted by Deckdout2 under fiance's sn.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 AM

theres a 2 stage vtec found on the b18c1 motors, 1 stage engaged with oil pressure and the other engaged with a butterfly(vacuum)this butterfly method is also used on the v6 vtec's as well. some of them at least. most are a single stage vtec using the oil pressure. im not sure how the nissan varible valve deal works cause im new to the max. i came out of a 95 civic hatch running 10psi through a b18c1 stock bottom end motor using the V-afc hack on 440cc injectors. would the V-afc work with the nissan the same way as it would with the VQ, i dont think so. different setups.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:58 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by 6thGenMax
would the V-afc work with the nissan the same way as it would with the VQ, i dont think so.
Taken from a link in post # 7 in the current thread...
Since we have no VTEC to engage...
Originally Posted by SR20DEN
........................ The SAFC-II map is a 12x2 but the VAFC-II map is 12x2x2. If you setup the Hi/Lo VTEC maps not to overlap at all you can have a full 24 rpm points to tune with (24x2). But you would also have to set the crossover (VTEC or VIAS) point to be exactly in the middle of the two 12 point maps (NE points) you set.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=437226