6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Creaking Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Atomic_Ed
It is a pirate ship noise creaking not a shipwreck noise. Yes it does aggrevate me as the car is brand new and any body flex such as over a driveway or dip in road as well as slow turn into a lot will cause it to creak and groan. It is annoying to have this on such a nice new car.
So let me get this straight......the other guy thinks its ok to deal with driving a car that sounds like a shipwreck, and you are at the end of your rope with the pirate ship creak...If anyone thinks listening to a shipwreck is ok for a new car, watch Titanic
Old 07-03-2005, 12:03 AM
.org extraordinaire

Any solution to this yet?

hey guys, anyone found a solution to this creaking noise, i fixed the back end my self, but now the front is makin the noise.

Let me know,

Thanks in Advance.

Kam
Old 07-03-2005, 05:04 AM
Banned

The tough thing about thing about this is as the car ages it will develop some noises anyway.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I too have the creak noise from the front left vent area. I can't pin point it, but I am guessing it's one of a couple things. If you open the drivers side door you will notice that there is foam in between the front fenders and the unibody. I have a feeling this may be the problem, but this would mean taking apart the front drivers fender. Not something I feel like doing. Another idea is that the mounts for the dash are not tight enough and when we go over dips the torsional forces cause the creaking noise. Perhaps it all the wiring and junk that is hanging under the dash by the steering column. Take a look under there and you will see the mess there.

As far as the sun roof creaking noise-
This is due to debris on the rubber gasket around the sunroof glass and the metal rim of the sun roof opening. Go get a wet rag and some water and clean off the gasket and metal rim. If you can, buy some white silicon grease and gently spread in around the rim and on the gasket. The gasket will love the silicon and the sun roof opening will be quiet now that it's greased. it's a 5 minute fix.

I am still trying to find out the cause of the pirate ship creak.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 PM
.org extraordinaire

HA!

I tried stuffing a soc in the front between the dash and the window, since my car sounds like its been on the high seeas for ages........ none the less the creaking/clicking was still there. So it has to be definatley in the dash or in the unibody torsion plates. Bah!!! New car 5K km and already sounds like my 1988 Delta Royale with 349K km. I doubt this nissan will ever make it that far.

Kam
Old 07-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

oh i have that creak in the dash too its drives me nuts i also have a creak from the engine compartment when i accelerate they say its my intake i think its their car.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

As a retired Navy Sailor, I would love a little Pirate Creek, later mates...

A bad strut would sound more like a Cruiser Boom...

Do the WD-40 on the hinges or parts that may rub and see what happens...
Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 PM

Same door creak here. I'm 100% sure it's door, cuz it's coming from door panel, left front side, when I go over a bump real slow, when the car body twists.
I won't worry too much about it, it's not that loud or annoying yet. Maybe I'll try to find a way to stop the body twist or oil the contact points of the door and body.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by driver
speaking of noises,

does anyone ever notice a whining noise from the power window motor when you close the windows, it occurs on all 4 windows. try it.

put the window all the way down and then use the one touch close.
I had right rear window motor making a louder noise than the other three. It was noisy when the windows was being rolled up.

So I took it in to dealership and they replaced it under warranty.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So yesterday I got in a pissed off mood and started to investigate all the little noises. I can honestly say that the creaking sound is not coming from the dash or the front fenders. I had a friend push on different items to see if the sound could be re-created. Nope. It's certainly a unibody issue or something mounted under the hood. I can't pin it down. Any volunteers for writing a letter. I am tired of trying to start one with no one else interested.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

creaking noises

Hello I have two cars that exhibited the same syptom on backing out of drivways or over a large speed bump slowly.

on the I30 the problem was result of a broken ball socket on the sway bar link it was rubbing on the outer shell making the soud.

Item2 the other soud ocured only in cold weather and was on a 94max

was the right lower cont arm bushing the large one with the 32mm nut on the end. I hit a curb one winter and had the arm replaced and as bonus the sound went away as wellhttp://forums.maxima.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=66#
Old 07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by chernmax
As a retired Navy Sailor, I would love a little Pirate Creek, later mates...

A bad strut would sound more like a Cruiser Boom...

Do the WD-40 on the hinges or parts that may rub and see what happens...
Hey chernmax, love that picture of the Mobay....were you at shock trials?? I am a plankowner, ET1
Old 07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 2BadMaxxes
Hey chernmax, love that picture of the Mobay....were you at shock trials?? I am a plankowner, ET1
Yes I am also a plankowner, got orders to the MOB in May 1986. During shock trials in 1987 I was a GMM1(SW) in CM division, Vertical Launching System Missile Technician, so you either saw me in on of the 2 launchers, computer room or CSMC, you know the deal. I retired in February 2004 as an LDO Lieutenant (Combat Systems / Ordnance ). Take care SHIPMATE...

PM me if you want to talk, don't want to jack this thread...
Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i have the Same problem it wasnt my struts i was told and i also researched it, it could be your control arm and balljoints and bushings i m in the process of getting it fixed