6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Info Screen Cluster Lid came in, but big $$$ issues arise.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Info Screen Cluster Lid came in, but big $$$ issues arise.

After my stealership NORWOOD of RI decided not to replace my cluster lid due to fogginess last year (they only wanted to clean it), I decided to just order my own. For $30 change I ordered a lid 7/23/2004. I checked weekly on the status and these nuts kept shrugging me off. Finally I gave up on it and figured when it comes in I would get a call and it could be a valuable collectors item for me someday.

Anyways, I was in the area last Friday, and figured I'd stop in (I don’t go there for service anymore cause they are terrible) and I decided to check on the status. I spoke to the parts rep, and of course I looked familiar so he jumped on the issue and came back with an answer for me. He told me that the part number was changed therefore my order became invalid and there is a new part number and they have plenty in stock in NY and he could have one shipped overnight for Saturday. I was like cool, let’s do it.

I called Saturday morning, inquired; the product was in so I rushed down there. When I arrived, I told them story, they got the part and that’s when things went sour.

The bonehead had told me that the price has changed, he said it was substantial. He said the cluster LID is now $160. I was like "Good thing I ordered when it was cheap" he said, well "I cannot give to you unless you want to pay the difference, or I can credit you" I started laughing, explaining how this should be on the house for a inconvenience of waiting 10 months, driving down here when you neglected to tell me on the phone etc..." I immediatley requested to speak with management. Of course no managers work on Saturday, the shop is manned with bonehead employees only. He told I could come in Monday and speak to a manager, which I will prob do when I get time this week.

I also asked if we could look at the part. We did, and the cluster lid has no plastic center screen window piece, its all open. When I ordered the lid for $30 last year, it had a window; this year is $160 and no window? WTF????

Any comments on this guys? I am pretty discouraged with this crappy company.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:47 AM

this should be covered under warranty. argue that point and the cost issue will be no longer...
Old 05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Banned

Exactly my question about the "new style" info screen. Lookie here:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....52#post3948452
Old 05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
*moderator*

Mine's finally in after 6 months and being covered under warranty, just have get it installed. I'd argue the warranty point and threaten to report them to corporate. The little questionaires that get sent out after service seem to scare the Nissan employees quite a bit down this way...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ill have to go back there, I havent yet. No time. THey were the worst dealership ever guys.