6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Keyfob Windows Down

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 06:18 AM

Keyfob Windows Down

I never knew you could open the windows using the remote. That's pretty sweet. Learning something new everyday.

BTW: If you're like me and didn't know about that feature, here's how you do it:
Press the unlock button for longer than 3 seconds after all doors are unlocked. The door windows will open while the unlock button is being pressed.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:33 AM

Its good for those days when the heat is relentless. I had this feature on a few of my prior vehicles. The one was on my clk because you could also close the windows and sunroof.
I meant to say the best one was on my clk. Its still early.
(you can also edit)
Old 04-23-2005, 07:04 AM

Obviously, the salesman didn't cover all of the features of the car! When I purchased mine, it took the salesman a solid half hour just going through the systems. I was chomping at the bit waiting to get that baby out of there and on to the highway! But I was glad that he was so helpful and informative.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by shadowfox777
I never knew you could open the windows using the remote. That's pretty sweet. Learning something new everyday.

BTW: If you're like me and didn't know about that feature, here's how you do it:
Press the unlock button for longer than 3 seconds after all doors are unlocked. The door windows will open while the unlock button is being pressed.
If you don't already know, you can also roll the windows up with the key in the door (turn the key toward the rear of the vehicle and hold it there until the window completely rolls up). My salesman covered every single feature on my car, and I was impressed, although I also had the window roll down feature on my '98 SE.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Banned

Oh really? I always thought it was retarded to be able to open the windows with the remote...and not be able to put them back up without turning the ignition on and getting in the car. This makes mroe sense, but it is still stupid the remote wont put them up...id ratherjust have the ability to put the windows up only (rain)...like when you are in a building and wish you didnt have to go out to put them back up. Ive never had an instance where I wished i could roll down the windows from a distance here in buffalo.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:03 AM

owners manual...
Old 04-23-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Oh really? I always thought it was retarded to be able to open the windows with the remote...and not be able to put them back up without turning the ignition on and getting in the car. This makes mroe sense, but it is still stupid the remote wont put them up...id ratherjust have the ability to put the windows up only (rain)...like when you are in a building and wish you didnt have to go out to put them back up. Ive never had an instance where I wished i could roll down the windows from a distance here in buffalo.
In these Texas summers, being able to roll the windows down before you get in your car is a nice feature that most will use. I agree that the remote should also be able to roll the windows up. Seems like it would be fairly simple feature to add on.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:40 PM

Living in the Phoenix area this is a great option. Plus the range on the remote is amazing. I work on the third floor of my building and can usually see my car in our lot from the window in my office. Before I leave for the day I look out the wondow and roll down my windows. It's nice to be able to air out the car when it has been sitting in the sun all day.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by rays01se
In these Texas summers, being able to roll the windows down before you get in your car is a nice feature that most will use. I agree that the remote should also be able to roll the windows up. Seems like it would be fairly simple feature to add on.
Rolling them up is against safety regulations. There could be someones or somethings head in there... The keyfob feature is kind of a pian, I carry my keys in my back pocket, theres been a few times ive walked out to my car only to find ive sat on the damn thing wrong and the windows are wide open. Both times thats happened, my digital camera and my Ipod were in the front seat. I have also read on here, people hitting the button accidentaly and finding their windows down in the rain... That would suck
Old 04-23-2005, 01:01 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by ckaught78
Living in the Phoenix area this is a great option. Plus the range on the remote is amazing. I work on the third floor of my building and can usually see my car in our lot from the window in my office. Before I leave for the day I look out the wondow and roll down my windows. It's nice to be able to air out the car when it has been sitting in the sun all day.
make sure you relock it to arm it. someone may catch on and just look through your car.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:45 PM

Its a safety thing.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Didn't someone here add the ability to roll up the windows? I can't remember who, but it sounded like a fairly simple mod (just adding another realy I think). Anyone remember? I might be interested in doing this.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Banned

You knwo that old Jetta commercial with the guy showing his wife how the windows work with the remote? I think the Jetta's go abck up with the remote, correct me if im wrong.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:15 PM

You knwo that old Jetta commercial with the guy showing his wife how the windows work with the remote? I think the Jetta's go abck up with the remote, correct me if im wrong.
I remember that commerical. The guy was using his key in the door to roll the windows up and down. I don't think he was using the remote.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:52 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by shadowfox777
I remember that commerical. The guy was using his key in the door to roll the windows up and down. I don't think he was using the remote.
don't recall and start a rebellion "V-Dubs have this feature!" he used his key.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:09 PM

Yo guys! The roll down and up feature with the key sucks! I wish I can take if off of my car. Some arsehole, put a screwdriver or something in my drivers keyhole and rolled down the windows and got into the car and took everything. My advice, make sure you install a security system. The factory system does not do shiet!
Old 04-23-2005, 08:18 PM

^ thats true some jerk can just walk up and stick a screwdriver and roll down your windows and open it from there with easy access. especially in the city man what was nissan thinking =)... i kinda like the feature even though is there.. it keeps the car cooler when i go in it when it sits in the sun all day but MaximaSE05 is right alarm system is a must
Old 04-24-2005, 09:30 AM

Guys anything electric can be controled with a remote. You need someone with electrical wiring background. When I finish mine I'll give you the rundown on what I programed the remote to do.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:36 AM

Well, the roll up feature is an easy add on when you install an aftermarket alarm. An add-on alarm to your factory remote would be able to give you the control you need for this option. All you need is one extra channel and a relay to control the windows, up and down.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the VW's had a safety feature that prevented the windows from rolling up if they encountered too much resistance. Sort of like a garage door. My friend had a late 90's Jetta that would do that. I remember him demonstrating by pushing down on the window as I tried to roll it up. Makes sense to have a saftey feature like that.

CM
Old 04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

On a similar note, did you guys know there is a safety feature on the power sunroofs to not shut if it encounters something (like a hand, or head??). Once it hits, it will automatically retract!!!

I'm not joking!! Try it out, it wont close on your hand!

-MO-
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Banned

Naw dude, i saw this on 20/20 or dateline once...they say these power windows exert an ungodly amount of pressure...amd do not have an auto down feature...dont know about our car, but considering its a known danger, if nissan took care of it that would brag about it when describing safety features. Maybe someone should test it out with a cucumber or something LOL....if it slices it like a sharp german butchers knife...youre pretty much going to get decapitated by the sunroof...go skyview!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:22 PM

Naw dude, i saw this on 20/20 or dateline once...they say these power windows exert an ungodly amount of pressure...amd do not have an auto down feature...dont know about our car, but considering its a known danger, if nissan took care of it that would brag about it when describing safety features. Maybe someone should test it out with a cucumber or something LOL....if it slices it like a sharp german butchers knife...youre pretty much going to get decapitated by the sunroof...go skyview!
No, really, I've tried it with my hand, it wont close, and no its barely any pressure at all before it retracts.

-MO-
Old 04-24-2005, 02:35 PM

If it is a safety thing then why do we have auto down AND UP front windows?!?! Nissan just ran out of relays when they designed the car...
Old 04-24-2005, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by wiggs500
If it is a safety thing then why do we have auto down AND UP front windows?!?! Nissan just ran out of relays when they designed the car...
LOL! Good point though.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by MObruin
No, really, I've tried it with my hand, it wont close, and no its barely any pressure at all before it retracts.

-MO-
I'll take your word on it............
Old 04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by install30
I'll take your word on it............
I have tried this also, it don't sqeeze too much before it goes down again...
Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 PM

My wifes vehicle is a 2003 VW Jetta Turbo. It does have the Auto up and Down windows. You have to put the key in the door and hold it to roll up or down. It does have a feature called the pinch guard. It does not work if you are at the car holding the key to roll up the windows. Trust me. My friend and I were cking that out. But if you are in the car and roll up the window and there is something in the way it will stop on you hand or what ever and go back down. However the pressure can be pretty tight. If it was a childs hand or head, neck etc it would do some damage.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Rolling them up is against safety regulations. There could be someones or somethings head in there... The keyfob feature is kind of a pian, I carry my keys in my back pocket, theres been a few times ive walked out to my car only to find ive sat on the damn thing wrong and the windows are wide open. Both times thats happened, my digital camera and my Ipod were in the front seat. I have also read on here, people hitting the button accidentaly and finding their windows down in the rain... That would suck
KCmaxx - Did you also know that these cars have a feature that if something is in the window it automatically rolls back down....in case someone's head is in the window....as you put it. My salesman showed it to me by rolling the window up automatically and the put his arm through the window and as soon as the window touched his arm, it rolled right back down. Excellent feature!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:54 AM

All this Houston boy can say is HELL YES. I park at a Park & Ride and being able to roll my windows down FROM THE BUS while it's turning around is such a nice feature... Having the security of rolling the windows up and having the ability to cool off the vehicle while you're walking to it is something I loved about my 95 SE and continue to love about the new '05 I got yesterday (pics soon).

Maxima - Shift_Love
Old 04-29-2005, 01:25 PM

Just curious....only the front windows roll down right?? Or are they all suppose to be rolling down with the remote??

-MO-
Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 PM

Only the front two should be rolling down, and even then only when you hold down the unlock button for a few seconds.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:00 PM

Had them install window options with the Python 881 remote start / security, can roll them up and down with the remote now. Sitting in the office, remote start, AC on, windows down a little and proximity sensor still protects the car. Walk out the door, remote window roll-up. Done.

Pretty entertaining to watch people jump when they walk too close to the max, gotta love prox sensors.

Really hot days? Have the car auto start and run for 12 minutes every 3 hours to keep it cooled down.

Windows down when arming? It rolls them up.

Edit: opps... that's just the front two, but you can buy the additional part to control the back windows if you want.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:46 PM

MObruin - The windows must be equipped with the 'auto up and down' feature before they can be lowered from outside the car. So only the fronts can be remotely lowered UNLESS you have the 'elite' package, which has the 'auto up and down' on all four windows.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
MObruin - The windows must be equipped with the 'auto up and down' feature before they can be lowered from outside the car. So only the fronts can be remotely lowered UNLESS you have the 'elite' package, which has the 'auto up and down' on all four windows.
Sorry, but that is incorrect. On my Jetta all of the windows go down, and only the front are Auto up and down, so that has nothing to do with it.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by 92maxima
Sorry, but that is incorrect. On my Jetta all of the windows go down, and only the front are Auto up and down, so that has nothing to do with it.
thats a jetta, this is a maxima and it does work like that on the max.... LIGHT has had a maxima since before the day you were born, you might wanna listen to him.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 PM

maybe for the max but what i was TRYING to say is that it CAN be done. Germans know how to build a car, Nissan may not know how to do it....
Old 04-29-2005, 08:54 PM

KCmaxx - Did you also know that these cars have a feature that if something is in the window it automatically rolls back down....in case someone's head is in the window....as you put it. My salesman showed it to me by rolling the window up automatically and the put his arm through the window and as soon as the window touched his arm, it rolled right back down. Excellent feature!!!
ure sure he (salesman) did not have his buddy in the showroom and press on the down button....?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 92maxima
maybe for the max but what i was TRYING to say is that i CAN be done. Germans know how to build a car, Nissan may not know how to do it....
Germans also know a lot of other things, which they like to forget!!! but thats not what Tek-Niq meant!!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Okiewan
Had them install window options with the Python 881 remote start / security, can roll them up and down with the remote now. Sitting in the office, remote start, AC on, windows down a little and proximity sensor still protects the car. Walk out the door, remote window roll-up. Done.

Pretty entertaining to watch people jump when they walk too close to the max, gotta love prox sensors.

Really hot days? Have the car auto start and run for 12 minutes every 3 hours to keep it cooled down.

Windows down when arming? It rolls them up.

Edit: opps... that's just the front two, but you can buy the additional part to control the back windows if you want.

Great... Gasoline is approaching $3. a gallon, our boys are dying to keep the gas flowing, and we're running cars all day without driving to keep them cool, warm or whatever.

What a country.

Quick Reply: Keyfob Windows Down