6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Keyfob Windows Down

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM

One thing that really bothers me is that the sunroof doesn't automatically close when I hold the key in the lock position. I always forget to close the sunroof and the only way to do it is to get back into the car, turn the key to on position, and then close the sunroof. It's a real PITA. My A4 used to close the windows AND sunroof when the key was held in the lock position.

Anyone have any tips for this?

TIA
Old 04-30-2005, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by tubs
One thing that really bothers me is that the sunroof doesn't automatically close
Anyone have any tips for this?

TIA
It does not close auto, but you can close it manually without the key in as long as you do not open the door.. once that is done then you have to put your key in again...

I know that you only notice the sunroof is open when you are out of the car (which means that you have opened the door.. same thing happens to me all the time)
Old 04-30-2005, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by tubells
It does not close auto, but you can close it manually without the key in as long as you do not open the door.. once that is done then you have to put your key in again...

I know that you only notice the sunroof is open when you are out of the car (which means that you have opened the door.. same thing happens to me all the time)

I was assuming there was no easy solution...really sucks because just as you said, I don't notice the sunroof is open until i'm standing outside the car looking at the open sunroof...
Old 04-30-2005, 12:25 PM

Not to beat a dead horse (OK, maybe one more kick at the carcass), but if the Germans REALLY knew how to build a car, why does EVERY style/model of VW rated by Consumer Reports show worse than average reliability for every model year?

By comparison, the Maxima . . lets just say that EVERY model year of the Maxima has not only been recommended by CU as a NEW vehicle, but ALSO (unlike VW) as a USED vehicle.

And this isn't just a problem with VW; Mercedes-Benz, the name I associated with 'sturdy prefection' for most of my life, has been 'in the toilet', reliability-wise, for almost a decade.

I take no pleasure in this demise of German reliability; it makes me sad.

edit - Tek-Niq - thanks for the undeserved kudos.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by PETZUK
Great... Gasoline is approaching $3. a gallon, our boys are dying to keep the gas flowing, and we're running cars all day without driving to keep them cool, warm or whatever.

What a country.
That's an ignortant comment in several ways, but I'll let it rest.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=lightonthehill]Not to beat a dead horse (OK, maybe one more kick at the carcass), but if the Germans REALLY knew how to build a car, why does EVERY style/model of VW rated by Consumer Reports show worse than average reliability for every model year?

By comparison, the Maxima . . lets just say that EVERY model year of the Maxima has not only been recommended by CU as a NEW vehicle, but ALSO (unlike VW) as a USED vehicle.

And this isn't just a problem with VW; Mercedes-Benz, the name I associated with 'sturdy prefection' for most of my life, has been 'in the toilet', reliability-wise, for almost a decade.

I take no pleasure in this demise of German reliability; it makes me sad.

Dont believe everything you read, I have had my VW Jetta for 3 years and 30000 mi, it has not been to the shop at all except for oil changes and tire rotations, It has been the most reliable car I have owned as of yet, I have owned over 17 vehicles. I will admit the beetle is not reliable at all, but as far as the Jetta 0 PROBS Hopefully the MAX will live up to my expectations and standards I have set by the Jetta! Thankyou.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:14 PM

moving on as amusing as some of these post are.