6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Any OEM replacement & custom rotors yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 07:59 AM

Any OEM replacement & custom rotors yet?

No holes, no slots, no bling. Just plain rotors. The Nissan ones are junk and I'm getting really sick of pedal vibrations.

I've checked NAPA, Autozone, Raybestos, Tire Rack, Brembo, Rockauto and it seems that rears are available, but no one has fronts.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

iRotors.com sells them if you contact them by phone/email. They buy the blank rotors and slot, drill, and or zinc plate them. Zinc is to prevent the rotors from rusting in areas that are not contacted by the pads.

They have all 4 rotors slotted and zinced for 260 and Axxis Ultimate kevlar ceramic pads for an additional 100, hence the 360 quoted in the email below:

Hi,

Yes, that's correct! $360 plus shipping.

Since the rotors are cross drilled and/or slotted, they cannot be turned for it will weaken the rotor.

The rotors are by BPI USA, which is one of our manufacturers. We drill, slot, and zinc the rotors in-house.

The rotors and the pads are direct stock size replacements so they will fit onto your car without any modifications. Rotors and pads will last from 35k-50k miles depending how much driving has taken place.

If you have any further questions or would like to order, simply call us at 951.736.9211 or 888.8ROTORS Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm PST or email us at Sales@iRotors.com. If you are interested in car parts other than high performance brake rotors and brake pads, be sure to check a new addition to iRotors.com: http://www.iParts.com!

Thank you,

The iRotors Team

www.irotors.com
Old 03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by ethorn
iRotors.com sells them if you contact them by phone/email. They buy the blank rotors and slot, drill, and or zinc plate them. Zinc is to prevent the rotors from rusting in areas that are not contacted by the pads.

They have all 4 rotors slotted and zinced for 260 and Axxis Ultimate kevlar ceramic pads for an additional 100, hence the 360 quoted in the email below:
guess you didn't see the part of his post
No holes, no slots, no bling. Just plain rotors.
pm AuToMaX_95 He's a sponsor on the org and sells a lot of brakes with great feedback. My pads and SS lines are in the mail. My zinc slotted rotors are backordered, but he may have blanks.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
pm AuToMaX_95 He's a sponsor on the org and sells a lot of brakes with great feedback. My pads and SS lines are in the mail. My zinc slotted rotors are backordered, but he may have blanks.
I think Jason is on vacation or something... I pm'd him a couple of times and haven't heard back regarding an order I want to place, so I'm ASSuming that he's unavailable. He DID answer like 7300 stupid n00b questions I had though... dude is helpful as hell.

Hopefully he'll be around soon... it'd suck to give someone else the business.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:24 AM
SuPeRmOd

he just pm and emailed me yesterday that my order was shipped. currently tracking it through UPS. he's probably very busy. send him an email and/or IM him.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:31 AM

he just pm and emailed me yesterday that my order was shipped. currently tracking it through UPS. he's probably very busy. send him an email and/or IM him.
I know... he's probably getting hammered with that GD stuff. I pm'd him yesterday and email him directly at racetech, but he didn't reply. I guess I'll have to sit and wait a little while longer...
Old 04-03-2005, 06:09 PM

guess you didn't see the part of his post
Guess you didn't read mine... they add them themselves. So you can also just get zinc plated ones too. The price I have is just for the slotted version. I wouldn't expect a discount of much of one without the slits.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:50 PM

has anyone actually gotten their brakes for their 6th gen from this jason guy? I'm in need of brakes as well and a little curious of where to go for them. thanks
Old 04-14-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Smoken'04
has anyone actually gotten their brakes for their 6th gen from this jason guy? I'm in need of brakes as well and a little curious of where to go for them. thanks
I pm'd him a few times... he says they're working some kind of group deal for the 6th gens, but I've tried to purchase them outright without a GD but haven't been able to. Right now I'll probably just go get them from elsewhere... not knocking him or his business, but if I have money and I wanna buy now, any vendor that doesn't want to sell me something right now probably doesn't deserve my money anyway.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:06 PM
KC's FINEST

I just bought some a couple of hours ago... Heres the link:Rotors

The cheapest I could find, and with amazing feedback. I emailed some of his customers and all they could say was good things about his products. Ive been shopping for about a week and Ive pretty much looked at everything... My service manager at my stealership is gonna give me a really good deal on Nismo pads. This guy sell AXXis pads for an additional 75$ And he DOES sell plain rotors BTW

I just noticed he sells silver, gold and black rotors. I wonder what black would look like Deus....
Old 04-14-2005, 08:48 PM
SuPeRmOd

I received my axxis ultimate pads from Jason. but as far as rotors, they are backordered so he refunded my $. if you need them now, who could blame you? but I was buying for the future. so I can wait. I ordered a full set of 03s for someone that are due tomorrow UPS.

I def. want to know how the eBay one wear/perform/last.

All I know is that anywhere is cheaper and more than likely better than oem. (unless they simply sell u drilled oem)

Nismo pads huh? hmmm. for the colored rotors, they paint the hub which may not be that noticeable. I just want zinc to keep rust free.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Black rotors would look sick on my ride, I think. Would go with the red brakes that I plan on painting.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
KC's FINEST

Damn dues, tint the windshield and and some black rims... and you'll be completely stealth
Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
SuPeRmOd

Guys,
Jason has more 6th gen rotors, pads, and SS lines again. I personally vouch for his excellent products and customer service. His prices are unbeatable (if they are he usually price matches) and has a supeb history on the org. Our brakes always seem to sell out. I missed the first group deal waiting too long but jumped on the last one.

blanks, slotted, drilled, dimpled, or any combo zinc coated rotors:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&page=1&pp=40
Old 09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Guys,
Jason has more 6th gen rotors, pads, and SS lines again. I personally vouch for his excellent products and customer service. His prices are unbeatable (if they are he usually price matches) and has a supeb history on the org. Our brakes always seem to sell out. I missed the first group deal waiting too long but jumped on the last one.

blanks, slotted, drilled, dimpled, or any combo zinc coated rotors:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&page=1&pp=40
I got my ss lines from the guy, he is a real good seller and ships quick....
Old 09-07-2005, 04:41 PM

Ive had the rotors and pads from him for a while. They feel much better than my warped oem rotors.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM

i would be careful..the low end replacement ones could be much worse than oem rotors..sounds like they are heating up a lot if you are getting vibrations...are they oem pads??
Old 09-07-2005, 05:36 PM

I HAD oem rotors and pads. The new ones are much better. The oem rotors suck horribly. Do you have first hand experience with "low end" replacements?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
SuPeRmOd

who said anything about low end? OEM is as low end as you can get. A great deal of Org members are extremely satisfied repeat customers of Jason. otherwise I wouldn't have bought them myself.

never heard of heat causing vibrations. maybe the poorly manufactured steel warps easily due to normal heat then shake.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:58 PM

I know of a place in Groton CT that has EVERYTHING oem for our Max's. I found myself looking for pads that were the same size as our massive brake pads, no luck anywhere. I had gotten the rotors from a hook up at a "stealership", only paid 75 bucks per front rotor, not too bad. But the cat in Groton said he'd charge 65 and i forget what i paid for the pads, either way he's got it all. I'll find out the name and post in this tread again.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Also I have no problem buying stuff from this guy and shipping it out to anyone who is interested
Old 09-10-2005, 07:49 PM
SuPeRmOd

don't tell me you paid 75 a rotor? aftermarket are the same quality or better for $50 each and ceramic pads $25 each. if it was 75 front pair, that's not bad. it's just that the history of nissan rotor life is poor.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

are these rotors really worth it??? who has them,, and owned them for a while?????
Old 09-12-2005, 04:07 PM

nismo..show me somewhere to get aftermarket rotors. Ive checked ebay, all the parts stores everywhere, and get told the same thing "i got the backs but not the fronts" Of course i see every tom, **** and harry on ebay saying they are rotors for my car, but before sending over money for those (typically they same price as what i paid) and then getting rotors that don't fit, might as well spend the extra and get them right the first time.

I'm all ears as where to purchase solid, 100% correct, and cheaper than what i paid...point me in the direction!

hey while i'm at it..when can i start my own threads and have unrestricted access to this joint?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by phathawaiian
nismo..show me somewhere to get aftermarket rotors.

hey while i'm at it..when can i start my own threads and have unrestricted access to this joint?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&page=1&pp=40 he has sold more brake components to Org members than anyone. I bought a set and so did my friend w/ an 03.
He was the widest selection, but they do sell out fast.
you can already post threads, ever since you made 15 posts.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 AM

Since I started this thread awhile ago, I thought I'd come back to say that Raybestos now offers replacement fronts. I'll be installing some this weekend.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:06 PM

let me know what you think of them..and if they work out. I know my new ones will be F'd in no time.

Does anyone else get that vibration like a tire is out of balance from time to time as well? MOST of the time the tire is out of balance. I've seen some treads about this, but no real conclusion. I've had my tires balanced twice in the last 3 months..and two weeks after i do, the vibration is back..not severe just enough to **** you off.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:06 PM

I know Stoptech makes a nice slotted rotor for the 04's. One of the only companies that do make them. Very nice stuff.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:42 PM

Another option for OEM replacement!

Hi,

Another very good replacement manufacturer is ROTORA.
Go take a look at their web site: Rotora web site
They have very good performance brake parts!
I have bought these for my previous car (an Acura TL) and they did make a BIG difference.

They have both slotted or drilled & slotted rotors for our 6th Gen Maxima.
I have already ordered mine with Axxis Ultimate pads.

Their reference numbers for 2004/2005 Maxima rotors are:

Slotted Front
168.42075.01S Left $132.00
168.42075.02S Right $132.00

Slotted Rear
168.42073.01S Left $88.00
168.42073.02S Right $88.00

-----------------------------

Slotted/Drilled Front
168.42075.01C Left $152.00
168.42075.02C Right $152.00

Slotted/Drilled Rear
168.42073.01C Left $108.00
168.42073.02C Right $108.00

-----------------------------

As for the Axxis Ultimate pads:
Front set $63.00

Rear set $53.00

Finally there is quality choice for OEM replacement.
Put an end for good to the warped OEM rotors...

The price shown is the manucfacturer suggested retail price, You can have them
for much less. I got the front slotted/drilled set with the axxix ultimate front set
for only $300usd + the actual shipping cost.

Oh! by the way, I'm NOT related in any way with this company, just sharing a
very positive experience with this company.

Cordially,

Pierre
Old 09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
SuPeRmOd

^^for the same price you paid, you would have also gotten the rear rotors and pads including zinc plating from http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&page=1&pp=40

why pay more when you already get the best deal from one of our Sponsors? basically, when you buy, you are also donating to the Org. He supposrts our site and continually gives us high quality products for better than fair prices.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:01 PM

I didn't tell poeple where to buy I just gave them optional choices.
As for plating, Rotora comes powdercoated black.

Does the quality of the rotors are the same?
That I don't know.
But if so, then you're right with the choice of a fellow org. member
Old 09-18-2005, 05:07 PM
SuPeRmOd

oh, i wasn't bashing you. it's great we're getting more options. Mine were powdercoated black too, which would make your price a lot better. I was fortunate that stock ran dry while the deal hadn't expired, so I got the same price as for zinc. Now it expires when they run out. If you're looking for rears, or more down the road, that sponsor may price match if not be cheaper.

most won't pay the powedercoat increase b/c they last just as long and zinc already prevents rust.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Tx NismoMax80. I will remember that for my rear rotors.

But if I remember well the rotors of the group buy were made by RTP-RaceTechPerformance.
Personally I've never heard of their products(doesn't means they aren't excellent rotors) and
many of you seems pretty happy with them and that's a good reference.

It's just that there are as many different quality of steel as rotor manufacturers.

It would be fun to have an independent expertise for each one of the manufacturer.

To see what we are really paying for...Sometimes we are paying too much for a brand...
Sometimes the underdog is the best buy...sometimes not. But I think that usually you got
what you've paid for. When the price is too good to be true then you can bet the quality of
the product will disappoint you!
Old 09-18-2005, 06:10 PM
SuPeRmOd

right on. good job mentioning the quality of steel. we really should keep track of how well each brand performs. we seem to already know well enough how Nissan doesn't.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:06 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

So for those whom have the Rotora, how do you like them thus far? Initial impressions?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
So for those whom have the Rotora, how do you like them thus far? Initial impressions?
For my Maxima I will let you know soon as they were only shipped to me this morning...

But if they compare to the ones on my previous Acura TL I'm sure they will be an
awesome difference in braking stopping distance as well as no more warping.

I've not measure the stopping distance but a +/-25% less distance wouldn't be exaggerate.
Even more after a few hard brake because Rotora rotors resist well to fading.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Redline
Since I started this thread awhile ago, I thought I'd come back to say that Raybestos now offers replacement fronts. I'll be installing some this weekend.
Finally got around to doing this. Bought the Raybestos rotors and Quiet Stop ceramic pads from rockauto.com for $200 shipped (sooner or later your local NAPA will start to carry these and you can save $50 shipping). I got 58k out of the OEM pads/rotors, but had to deal with pedal vibrations over most of this time. I run these same rotors on my C5 for HPDE and they hold up well....hopefully I will get the same experience here.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

my impression was DAMN they are expensive...
Old 10-13-2005, 12:11 AM

Finally, I have received and installed my Rotora-Axxis ULT rotors/pads combo last week.

And...WHOA! they are just GREAT!
What an ENORMOUS difference!
LOTS of braking power without the fading effect, no noise and of course no more shimmy because of warped OEM rotors.
I'm very impressed by the Rotora-Axxis combo.
An impressive coefficient of friction that you can feel when applying the brake.
True they aren't cheap, but sometimes you get what you're paying for.
If they stay that effective and noiseless over the time they should be awarded a perfect 10/10.

Since I'm still giving them time to bed in smoothly I haven't try emergency braking.
When the time come I will let you know...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Anyone have slotted and drilled rotors??

Looking to get some and want to know what's a good price. I do not want Brembo.

Pics would be nice. Thx!

Quick Reply: Any OEM replacement & custom rotors yet?