6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

can you put a TV system in place of the GPS navigation???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 07:17 AM

can you put a TV system in place of the GPS navigation???

I bought the SL with no navigation. I am trying to see if a tv/dvd option is capable of going thru the stereo display. Is this possible? Isn't the navigation a switch in screen modes??
Old 12-15-2004, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by queenzkid
I bought the SL with no navigation. I am trying to see if a tv/dvd option is capable of going thru the stereo display. Is this possible? Isn't the navigation a switch in screen modes??
Check for posts a few pages back. With some money and installer.....it can be done by moving things around and adding a DVD player and additional screen. Nothing you can do with your stock orange screen but move lower, and replace the spot with a color screen and DVD player.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:37 PM

Just keep in mind it is illegal to have a TV screen operational within view of the driver of any moving vehicle in any state.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by carcus
Check for posts a few pages back. With some money and installer.....it can be done by moving things around and adding a DVD player and additional screen. Nothing you can do with your stock orange screen but move lower, and replace the spot with a color screen and DVD player.
yeah, I saw that thread. It sounds quite impressive, but if you notice there are no pics to back it up. Also, there are no replies as to where it was done and how he did it.

I'm still waiting for someone who really did it, to show and prove.

There was a maxima from Brooklyn being sold on ebay a week or two ago. What he had was the screen that comes out of the dash. I believe he put the flip out tv below the CD changer. But that is too big and blocks the dash. In addition, from the view, it looks like you would hit the screen, if you put the car in park. That looked to crowded. I was hoping to use the same space provided...not more.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:59 AM

yea that's what ive been wanting to do too.
keep us queens heads posted
Old 12-16-2004, 10:18 AM

Yes it is illegal to have a movie playing or tv while driving, but to fix it so you can is easy. When my LCD is open, it covers the vents, but its closer to eye level so I don't mind. I just close the vents.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by STACK BUNDLES
yea that's what ive been wanting to do too.
keep us queens heads posted
cannonscreation has one in his car....this is not the only one that has been posted on the board.

Search for a few more pics that have been posted on moving the screen down. Seems like he is in New York also so might be able to tell you who hooked him up. Plenty of other AV mods out there as well as PS2/Xbox installs. Just takes a a bit of effort to look for what you want. Hope this helps. Actually, besides cannonscreation, so far seems like we are the only one who got rid of the stock dash stuff.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/733666/2

More links on his page and all this stuff is credit to him, pretty unique. Both our interiors have been changed, but we did it to be different, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Have not seen him post in a while, but seems like a cool guy and being he has some different thinking on interior mods....would love to see some more posts from him.

This can be done and is not BS.......just takes some money and the right installer....with that, the sky is the limit.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by carcus
cannonscreation has one in his car....this is not the only one that has been posted on the board.

Search for a few more pics that have been posted on moving the screen down. Seems like he is in New York also so might be able to tell you who hooked him up. Plenty of other AV mods out there as well as PS2/Xbox installs. Just takes a a bit of effort to look for what you want. Hope this helps. Actually, besides cannonscreation, so far seems like we are the only one who got rid of the stock dash stuff.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/733666/2

More links on his page and all this stuff is credit to him, pretty unique. Both our interiors have been changed, but we did it to be different, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Have not seen him post in a while, but seems like a cool guy and being he has some different thinking on interior mods....would love to see some more posts from him.

This can be done and is not BS.......just takes some money and the right installer....with that, the sky is the limit.
Thanks. I took a look at his and yours. I like your rims. You are right. I think with 20's, the front could be slightly lower. Have to think about that. NYC potholes and ramps don't help the front bumpers if it's lowered, you dig.. Do you have any shimmering in the steering wheel, since you got the 20's??

On cannons car, he only moved his LCD display, he didn't hook the system into his LCD. The display is the same, but it's where the tape holder/cd changer is. That's cool, but I don't want to move the LCD, I want to allow a switch screen from stereo to DVD, you dig..

by the way, the tv screens behind the headrests are a deathtrap, in my point of view. Generally speaking, if you had an accident, the headrests serve the purpose of preventing more serious injury. TV screens in front of it, will destroy whatever hits it. I'm not discounting yours, but if I put a dash outside of the dash, it will be in the overhead center of the car roof. That's just my take on it.

your car is still hot, but why did you get rid of the BMW!!!

I would have bought it from you.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pbmax
Yes it is illegal to have a movie playing or tv while driving, but to fix it so you can is easy. When my LCD is open, it covers the vents, but its closer to eye level so I don't mind. I just close the vents.
Can I see pics of your car?