6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

I was a bad little boy today

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:02 AM

I was a bad little boy today

My friend and I were driving back from the Anaheim Convention Center (CA International Auto Show) and suddenly there was no traffic on the road. I paused and thought for a second...you know where this is going I think...Triple digits in the 2005 SE are as solid as a rock and I felt very comfortable with the handling and smoothness; very different than my '03 2.5 Alti
Old 10-30-2004, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by steven614
My friend and I were driving back from the Anaheim Convention Center (CA International Auto Show) and suddenly there was no traffic on the road. I paused and thought for a second...you know where this is going I think...Triple digits in the 2005 SE are as solid as a rock and I felt very comfortable with the handling and smoothness; very different than my '03 2.5 Alti
Okay, then. 18 years old, driving a new 2005 Maxima at 100+ down the freeway in Cailfornia. Sounds like a good way to spend the next 18 months without a drivers license.

Who says the economy is bad when high school seniors can be driving their buddies around at twice the speed limit in brand-new $30,000+ cars? Do you do coke, too?

Maybe you'll figure out at some point that being a car enthusiast isn't all about seeing how fast you can go.

Mike
Old 10-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Who says the economy is bad when high school seniors can be driving their buddies around at twice the speed limit in brand-new $30,000+ cars? Do you do coke, too?
Mike
Good Economy = Not True, Sugar Daddy = True

Maybe you'll figure out at some point that being a car enthusiast isn't all about seeing how fast you can go.
Mike
He has long way to go!! Eventually, he will be there....

Anyway, have fun Steven, But drive safe!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 11:15 AM

Don't worry, I won't be doin it again for a while because you are both very right, it is very unsafe, I just wanted to try it once to see the high speed control in the Maxima. Believe me, I know how stupid it is to be going that fast...I took a class called Advanced Driving Dynamics, and we had to do all kinds of crazy crap (supervised, of course, and at the Pomona Speedway), so I know what is stupid to do in a vehicle, and I did learn to control a vehicle (of crappier standards than our fine vehicles) at 110+ mph. The biggest difference is that you never know when another, unsuspecting driver might switch lanes into you, so don't worry, I learned my lesson (but it was fun to do once).
Old 10-30-2004, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by steven614
Don't worry, I won't be doin it again for a while because you are both very right, it is very unsafe, I just wanted to try it once to see the high speed control in the Maxima. Believe me, I know how stupid it is to be going that fast...I took a class called Advanced Driving Dynamics, and we had to do all kinds of crazy crap (supervised, of course, and at the Pomona Speedway), so I know what is stupid to do in a vehicle, and I did learn to control a vehicle (of crappier standards than our fine vehicles) at 110+ mph. The biggest difference is that you never know when another, unsuspecting driver might switch lanes into you, so don't worry, I learned my lesson (but it was fun to do once).

You're making me feel a little bit better about you, Steven ...

Mike
Old 10-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

at least the road was clear. what part of OC are you from steven?
Old 10-30-2004, 05:03 PM

Anaheim Hills
Old 11-02-2004, 10:25 PM

i must confess i was dumb as well...i raced a buddy from work..it was 2 am, the streets were empty...i've gotten 2 speeding tickets under my belt already so doing this was nerve racking...i keep the speeding to a minimum..its not worth a ticket or wrecking a 32k car...i did beat his 94' GT 5.0 though..only got to 3rd gear where i began to pull away
Old 11-03-2004, 05:20 AM
Going Ginsu

Okay, then. 18 years old, driving a new 2005 Maxima at 100+ down the freeway in Cailfornia. Sounds like a good way to spend the next 18 months without a drivers license.

Mike
Could you possible get a little more bent out of shape.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:31 AM

Now Now. I'm 40 and I hit 120MPH in her. And it was a very clear shot, over a bridge, in smokey country (87 Thruway). But it was for a very short burst and the fallback to 65mph was like "transforming from a rabbit to a turtle". Physics...

He admitted his fault to us. Bravo. And he understood his error of his ways. Kudos bud. Irresponsible...but forthcoming.

I took the advanced driver training when I was 17 (gets you discount on insurance...and amazing that more don't take it...the information and techniques you are shown makes the driver's test look like a scratch and win). Ofcourse it was with a 73 Nova. Rotting in the wheel well. 2bb carb. Small V8. And snow tires on the rear.

(sorry, Peet's coffee buz doing all the typing)

Come to think of it, the more hours you spend behind the wheel, and safely, the wiser the driver you are. And taking a few refresher courses (from technical driving school to professional driving schools) over the years can benefit us all.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I hit 100 every morning in my 20 minute commute. I look forward to it.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:43 AM
is invisible

Mike
Pimpin' ain't EZ.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:19 AM
andymax95

its all talk till u can do it like this

Old 11-03-2004, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by andymax95
its all talk till u can do it like this
Oh....how I miss driving in Europe on the SuperStrada......120....hehehe, in Europe...nothing, all you see is a flash of lights in your rear view mirror of someone WAY behind you saying get out of the way, next thing you now, nice European geared car is on your ***. Now, hitting over 135.....you feel the nuts in your throat and think about a front wheel blow out.....

Now, in the states, some places, 25mph over the speed limit is wreckless driving, cop does a Cuff and Stuff....bye bye licence, hello jail.

I understand, on a lone highway, no other cars, nice to open it up....but you never know who is lurking waiting for you too speed on passed.

All at your own risk, remember that.

Now, on a nice...SAFE drag strip, some nice Stangs and Camaros trap in at 109 and above in the 1.4 mile....so 120 is nothing.

Looking at that pic though, sure the Max had some room left.

I have seen too many times in different forums....member busted for excessive speed......licence revoked, car impounded......

First hand experience, coming back from Vegas in the Z28, middle of the desert, no cars, weekend, early morning, speed limit was 55....LONG stretch, I hit the cruise at 80. Radar detector was going off indicating laser, I had a feeling about the hill in front of me, was a cop coming over the hill, he had his lights on well before I could slow it down. Pulled me over, said, "It's amazing about who you can meet in the middle of nowhere." I was polite, he wrote me up for 70 in a 55.......100 dollar ticket and he explained to me the wreckless driving thing. I was alot younger, had my wife in the car, she was pissed. Learned alot from that experience....and Vegas got a bit more of my money...so did my insurance company.

OK, better now, just my 2 cents.....being about 15 years in the military, have driven everywhere from Europe to the Middle east in everything from a BMW to a Hummer in the the pit of hell.

My rules are as follows:

Family in the car....no speeding...well...5-10 MPH over...their safety

Anything over 90....track only.....cop nails you...nasty price to pay....

Burnouts....lame, and cost alot of money for tires, especially 20 inch ones...little squeek of the rubber also exebition of speed ticket in some states.

Speeding in a residential area or school zone...as a father...will kick ya in da nuts...

Wasting gas stop light racing on the teen in a Civic....waste of gas...plus attracts cops and than.....ticket time.

Racing a SUV...what the hell are you even thinking...

You get my point.

Flame suit on....also BTW....this is not a FAST car, has some good umph, but not a muscle car. If you bought the heavy lux Max to be a street racer, you picked the wrong car. Again, flame suit on...hey, have to keep the board interesting. Just a 34 year old guy who has owned ALOT of makes over my life time and been alot of places. Also, seen alot of military guys lose their lives in Europe racing the locals, who KNOW the roads, and know what their car can do at speed....even THEY mess up...and when they do....NASTY.