6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

This is weird

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:39 PM

This is weird

I'm a few weeks away from purchasing a new loaded SL Maxima with DVD Navigation as an option. I went to Nissan's website and did an inventory search for zip code 07305. There is absolutely very few 2004 and 2005 Maximas that has Nav, DPP, Sunroof, VDC and Traction Control. Note that they have tons of SE's, but I really don't like the ride and the big rims.

Tell me this is not normal for there to be very few high end Maximas available within the tri-state area. Is it just because of the new model year change that there is a limited selection of high end models to chose from? I really don't want to order a car from the factory, and my lease is up in November so rushing to buy a car is not in my best interest.

Anybody have similar experiences?
Old 09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Don't know about supply, but you might be able to extend your lease for a month or 2 until you find the right Max ?

Don't settle far anything less than what you want.

Good luck.....Bob
Old 09-20-2004, 05:21 PM

It may be because you're searching for navi with DPP. You may have to upgrade to Elite.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:28 PM

yeah, I may have to talk to my leasing company about extending the lease until December at the most if I can't get the car I want.

I drove a Majectic Blue 05 SL last Sat with Navi, etc. The only thing is that I didn't like the Cafe Latte leather interior and that the damn car had 61 miles on it. I just can't bring myself to buy a new car with more than 15-20 miles on it.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:58 PM

MaxMus - you are sort of correct in that many of the '04s still on dealer's lots are 'leftovers' that, for whatever reason, were not what the buyers were looking for. And you are correct in that some dealers are 'going light' on the '05s until they clear most of the '04s.

Edify11 has a point; you may need to go one step further and opt for the elite.

The VDC package is only on a small percentage of Maximas, so that requirement also restricts the number available.

I saw an unusual combination at my dealer's today; a loaded-out '05 SL with everything, including the 'elite' package and spoiler, but with no power sunroof.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
MaxMus - you are sort of correct in that many of the '04s still on dealer's lots are 'leftovers' that, for whatever reason, were not what the buyers were looking for. And you are correct in that some dealers are 'going light' on the '05s until they clear most of the '04s.

Edify11 has a point; you may need to go one step further and opt for the elite.

The VDC package is only on a small percentage of Maximas, so that requirement also restricts the number available.

I saw an unusual combination at my dealer's today; a loaded-out '05 SL with everything, including the 'elite' package and spoiler, but with no power sunroof.
I absolutely, positively cannot buy a Max with the Elite package due to space issues. You know what's weird is that they have many 05 SE's with Nav, but no SL's.

I'm gonna wait another 2 weeks and see if more 05's have arrived at dealers by then.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Space issues?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rathmax
Space issues?
Probably needs room for more than 2 butts in the back seat.

Bob
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04
Probably needs room for more than 2 butts in the back seat.

Bob
yeah, i have a big family and a lot of friends. i need to have seating for at least 5 people.

every dealer should have at least 1 high end Maxima on their lot in the tri-state area, but this is not the case. Very few, if any dealers in my area have SL Maximas in stock that are over 34K. This worries me because I really like the Max, but I want to purchase something I like.

Would any of you guys purchase a new car with 60 miles on it?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:14 AM
meh

I bought mine with 42 miles on the clock...no problems as of yet.

Besides, what's 60 miles? like 3 test drives? I would look it over extra carefully, but if it's the only one close to what you want around, I would go with that one, since time is not exactly on your side.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:55 AM

I lucked out and got the one straight from the showroom, I guess they wanted one to show one with the works.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:55 PM

60 miles on a manual would cause me to check things carefully. 60 on an auto would not concern me too much. In fact, you might even use that as a 'bargaining chip' to get a few free oil changes, or a great deal on some accessory.

I know what you mean about the elite package. I have two children and three grandchildren; with the rear console, there is room for two in the back seat. Without the console, I actually get four back there (two are very young girls).
Old 09-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

60 miles on a manual would cause me to check things carefully. 60 on an auto would not concern me too much. In fact, you might even use that as a 'bargaining chip' to get a few free oil changes, or a great deal on some accessory.

I know what you mean about the elite package. I have two children and three grandchildren; with the rear console, there is room for two in the back seat. Without the console, I actually get four back there (two are very young girls).
When I was looking (late summer of 03), they had a Majestic blue max with about every feature I wanted (DPP + VDC, no elite or nav) but it had over 400 miles on it and much of the interior was in disarray (rear light fixture kept falling off of ceiling, rear seat backs had separated, etc). They tried to sell it to me ("at a good deal"), but I held out for a brand new Red Opulance Max (I saw it still in the foam on the lot), with only 16 miles when I bought it (and I think about 10 of those were from my test driving, plus a few for when they gassed it up).

Knowing all of the issues that the Max could potentiall have (shimmy, etc), I'm glad I didn't get that one since it must have been a very early build (I think it was the first max they got). I've been lucky, I've only noticed a shimmy in my Max a couple of times and then it wasn't very bad at all.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:41 PM

wait a minute. can you remove the center console from the back seat area?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:49 PM

MaxMus - No, removing the elite console won't reveal a seat underneath. I probably did not make myself clear. I specifically bought an SL without the elite package, as I knew it would not work with the folks I intended to fit in the back seat.