6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Was quoted 30.2K for 2005 SL

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 PM

Was quoted 30.2K for 2005 SL

What did you guys pay for your Max. I know this question has been asked repeatedly, but I can't use the search feature. I just want ballpark figures, including any option packages you got.

I''m still trying to decide if i'm gonna buy or get a new lease.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Banned

i paid $28.5k for my 04 SE with driver preferred package(xenon headlights, power memory seats, heated steering wheel, etc) and sunroof. the sticker price was $32.3k if I remember correctly...

oh...i bought it in jan/04
Old 09-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Got mine for 26.5k 05 SE I got the preferred package and sunroof
Old 09-10-2004, 03:56 PM

MaxMus - Prices depend on EXACTLY what options are on the car.

You would be wise to check KBS (Kelly Blue Book) or Edmunds and get both the invoice and MSRP for the SL equipped exactly like the one you are considering. This is fairly easy to do. In most cases, the dealer will be willing to let you see the invoice sheet.

Once you have those numbers, you can figure on probably paying somewhere nearer invoice than MSRP for an '05, and below invoice for an '04.

But there are lots of variables, such as time of the month (sales quotas, etc), how long the dealer has had the car, how badly the dealer needs the lot space, whether you are a regular customer, whether you are dating the dealer's daughter, etc, etc.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
MaxMus - Prices depend on EXACTLY what options are on the car.

You would be wise to check KBS (Kelly Blue Book) or Edmunds and get both the invoice and MSRP for the SL equipped exactly like the one you are considering. This is fairly easy to do. In most cases, the dealer will be willing to let you see the invoice sheet.

Once you have those numbers, you can figure on probably paying somewhere nearer invoice than MSRP for an '05, and below invoice for an '04.

But there are lots of variables, such as time of the month (sales quotas, etc), how long the dealer has had the car, how badly the dealer needs the lot space, whether you are a regular customer, whether you are dating the dealer's daughter, etc, etc.
Sorry about that.

This is a Maj Blue 2005 SL with Driver Preferred Package, Navi, Sunroof, Splash Guards, VDC/TC, and Mats.

That doesn't seem too bad.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:00 AM

Quick question, does the Premium Audio package come standard with the SL's?

What about the XM/Sirius Sat Radio, is that a Dealer Installed Option?
Old 09-11-2004, 12:57 AM

MaxMus - Since you are getting everything bit the 'elite' option, that seems a fair price. I am especially glad your car has the VDC/TCS with full size spare tire on OEM alloy wheel option. The MSRP on that option alone is $900. The MSRP of the power sunroof is also $900.

The SL comes with the premium audio package as standard.

The XM/sirius sat radio is not on the car when it leaves the assembly plant. Sometimes the dealer puts the antenna on unsold cars, but most often, it is added by the dealer at the request of the purchaser.

Some posters didn't like the size of the OEM antenna, and found a source for a smaller one which seems to work just as well. Maybe someone here will help us out with this info.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
MaxMus - Since you are getting everything bit the 'elite' option, that seems a fair price. I am especially glad your car has the VDC/TCS with full size spare tire on OEM alloy wheel option. The MSRP on that option alone is $900. The MSRP of the power sunroof is also $900.

The SL comes with the premium audio package as standard.

The XM/sirius sat radio is not on the car when it leaves the assembly plant. Sometimes the dealer puts the antenna on unsold cars, but most often, it is added by the dealer at the request of the purchaser.

Some posters didn't like the size of the OEM antenna, and found a source for a smaller one which seems to work just as well. Maybe someone here will help us out with this info.
Ahhhh, I see what you mean about the sat radio options. I may have the dealer add them on for free if i can do it.

Also, I was just approved for a 4.99% loan so I have my financing ready when/if I am ready to buy the car.

Anybody know what your FICO should/have to be to get the 2.0% APR from Nissan? Maybe i'll start a new thread on that.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:26 PM

MaxMus - I can't help with the FICO, as I have paid cash for everything for over twenty years. I absolutely abhor paying interest.

I do seem to remember someone posting something here a month or two ago which, IIRC, said the dealer indicated they had to have a FICO score around 700 to get the 2%. But I'm not sure but what the dealer may have some leeway in making this decision; i.e., there may be some negotiating room.

Someone here will know the details on this.