6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Hooked Up 6g's Post ur Pics HEre So more people fall IN LoVE with it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Granny Driven

Hooked Up 6g's Post ur Pics HEre So more people fall IN LoVE with it!

I would like to see what people have done to their 6th generation maximas. Please post a pic or 2.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:24 PM

more here
what happened to the old posts?

mikenatas.cjb.nethere
Old 01-18-2004, 04:27 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by phattyaltnatl
Just got her New Years Eve, not hooked up yet, but soon
Black looks good. Tint would be a great first mod. I'm holding off till spring myself.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:01 AM

Hey phattyaltnatl, I like your Blk Max. They're a lot of work to keep clean.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by 2k3TitaniumSe
Did you buy it new??? The paint looks like it's been out for a few months already.

Got it brand new with 32 miles on it. I took those pics 1 day after I got it, the detail guy was backed up when I took delivery, it rained that night, so that's why it's dirty

I have a raincheck for a free detail, but it's been raining every other day, so on the next stretch of dry days, I'm going to take it in to get nice and shiny
Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Beautiful car Mike. Those 20" rims are nice. I found your pics on the paint defect and poor workmanship disappointing, to say the least. Have you seen any other 6th gens with similar metal body work issues?

Originally Posted by mikenatas
more here
what happened to the old posts?

mikenatas.cjb.nethere
Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by elcopan

This is my first black car, so I guess I don't know what I'm in for yet

Gotta love it though when it looks as shiny as yours!

I'm going to get tint, drop and a grille late spring, early summer. This is a BIG upgrade for my from my 02 Altima
Old 01-18-2004, 01:27 PM

Its a start.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:24 PM

Heres a few of my max with trenz grill and eibachs

Old 01-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glude
Heres a few of my max with trenz grill and eibachs

Now I really like your grill. Having the nissan logo on it makes all the difference to me. Do you have any more pics or a webpage?
Old 01-19-2004, 06:27 PM
*moderator*

What do you guys think??? I want to decide on a grill, have any of you guys seen the street concepts Maxima grill? That's the best one I've seen to date...
Does anyone know where to get it??
Old 01-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Granny Driven

Originally Posted by jsmithsole

What do you guys think??? I want to decide on a grill, have any of you guys seen the street concepts Maxima grill? That's the best one I've seen to date...
Yooo I am absolutely In love with ur car. Keep the grill the way it is. For some reason on your car it looks perfect!

Keep them coming guys I love the pics.

Thank you.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Any of you 6th Gen guys planning on selling your OEM tires/wheels?
Old 01-20-2004, 05:50 AM
Moderator GT-R

Have you thought about just squirting some paint on the stock grille? I'm experimenting with painting the Nissan in the hamburger red but my image was low res, cut me some slack on the chop job...
Old 01-20-2004, 07:12 AM

I painted mine.. Look on my homepage.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:13 AM

the paint defect isn't common, but the body filler is standard on all 6th gens...i have been told that all unibody cars have this sloppy look...i put a challenge out to post a picture of a mercedes with such sloppy workmanship and did not get a response...i know nissan is not in mercedes class, but i can't believe there isn't a neater way to apply this filler.

not a problem, b/c the car is totally cool besides those problems...i highly recommend buying one...i love this car.

Originally Posted by packetattack
Beautiful car Mike. Those 20" rims are nice. I found your pics on the paint defect and poor workmanship disappointing, to say the least. Have you seen any other 6th gens with similar metal body work issues?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Moderator GT-R

the paint defect isn't common, but the body filler is standard on all 6th gens...i have been told that all unibody cars have this sloppy look...
Yeah, that was me. It is common on unit body construction. I don't know about the relative degree of sloppiness though. If they spot weld body panels together they have to seal the seams with pookie so that rust can't form between the panels. I'll try to check one of the MBs in the parking lot and see how they handle it. I also linked to an article that stated that perfectly smooth pookie on a MB is a sign of a car that has been in a crash.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Moderator GT-R

the paint defect isn't common, but the body filler is standard on all 6th gens...i have been told that all unibody cars have this sloppy look...i put a challenge out to post a picture of a mercedes with such sloppy workmanship and did not get a response...i know nissan is not in mercedes class, but i can't believe there isn't a neater way to apply this filler.

not a problem, b/c the car is totally cool besides those problems...i highly recommend buying one...i love this car.
Well, I checked out a 2k3 SLK 32. Inside the fuel filler door, the material used seems to be harder and neater. Wasn't part of your complaint that they had slopped some on the hinge and other places clearly not intended to have that stuff on them? Mine isn't like that. It has ridges in it like they spread it with a v-notched trowel or something like it.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:29 PM

Nice Max. Your overall look is like a classical Bling. Good job on picking the rims!
Old 01-20-2004, 02:41 PM

Mikenatas, How much do those chromies weigh...like 40 lbs.?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:34 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by bluemaxx
Have you thought about just squirting some paint on the stock grille? I'm experimenting with painting the Nissan in the hamburger red but my image was low res, cut me some slack on the chop job...
My grill is pretty close to the silver of my car (a bit darker) but I'm more concerend with the baby teeth, the big ol tooth doesn't bother me so much. I would like to replace the baby teeth with mesh or something besides billet.
Did you actually paint that red or is that computer work? Could be cool....
Old 01-20-2004, 08:55 PM

dd

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
Mikenatas, How much do those chromies weigh...like 40 lbs.?
i was truly worried about the weight, but when i helped install the new wheels, we were both amazed at how heavy the stock 17s were....we didn't compare weight at the time, b/c i was thinking about how they would look, but lifting and carrying the stock rims for ten yards made them feel heavier than the 20s.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:31 PM

Those "spoke" wheels on that silver max look Ghhhheeeetto.... Instantly making your car look like its worth 10 grand less.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Moderator GT-R

My grill is pretty close to the silver of my car (a bit darker) but I'm more concerend with the baby teeth, the big ol tooth doesn't bother me so much. I would like to replace the baby teeth with mesh or something besides billet.
Did you actually paint that red or is that computer work? Could be cool....
It's photoshop. The resolution on the image is too low to do it right but my first impression is good. I want to find something to fill the NISSAN with as opposeed to just red paint. We'll see how that turns out.

I like semi-flat black on the baby teeth. It is hard to find though. Semi-flat is not the same thing as semi-gloss. It works out to about the same color and appearance as the black band on the bottom.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:05 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by winterk
Those "spoke" wheels on that silver max look Ghhhheeeetto.... Instantly making your car look like its worth 10 grand less.
What would you suggest, some chrome spinners or something? That's exactly the look I WASN'T going for. I didn't want my Max to look like every other bling bling car out there, maybe I don't watch enough cribs
Anyways thanks for your opinion but I think my car looks exactly the opposite of Ghhhheeeetto...
Old 01-21-2004, 08:08 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by bluemaxx
It's photoshop. The resolution on the image is too low to do it right but my first impression is good. I want to find something to fill the NISSAN with as opposeed to just red paint. We'll see how that turns out.

I like semi-flat black on the baby teeth. It is hard to find though. Semi-flat is not the same thing as semi-gloss. It works out to about the same color and appearance as the black band on the bottom.
Thanks bluemaxx, I think if anything I would paint it to match my body color, silver. The semi-flat could be a good route though...I'll check into it.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:15 AM

Watch out for painting those symbols, guys. My brother did that on his car, and when the paint eventually wears off or fades, it looks really crappy. It is hard to get it to stay looking nice, because when you take a rock chip to it, it will start to peel. Just trying to help...FYI.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:25 AM
meh

WOW!! Elcopan, BEAUTIFUL black Max man!! Those wheels are stunning, what are they, and what size? Way to pimp it!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:57 PM

What would you suggest, some chrome spinners or something? That's exactly the look I WASN'T going for. I didn't want my Max to look like every other bling bling car out there, maybe I don't watch enough cribs

Maybe he wants you to put some chrome Lexani's on there "cuz dat shieet bee tight yo"

Nice wheels dude.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:46 PM

modding has been put on hold... bills are hard on the pockets...
Old 01-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Moderator GT-R

Anyways thanks for your opinion but I think my car looks exactly the opposite of Ghhhheeeetto...
I guess I don't understand what ghetto is.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Maxceler8
WOW!! Elcopan, BEAUTIFUL black Max man!! Those wheels are stunning, what are they, and what size? Way to pimp it!
Thank you Maxceler8. The wheels are 20in. Destiny's made by Katana. I was looking for something not too bling. I also know 20in chrome wheels could get pretty heavy. I liked these because they were a happy medium if you will, not to bling not too heavy. Tires are 255/35/20.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:20 PM

hope this helps

Old 01-21-2004, 11:36 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

You guys got some sweet cars, keep up the nice moddin.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:49 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I want to see pics of someone rolling 22 inches strong !
Old 01-21-2004, 11:59 PM
LithiuMax

I wanna see someone lookin clean as **** with some 15's.

BLING BLING MY NUGGAH!

Old 01-22-2004, 06:30 AM

Who cares what anyone says. Your rims are perfect. I would have made the same choice... hence the Orange 2DR max in the Photoshop section. I think big chrome rims are tasteless.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by kloogy
I want to see pics of someone rolling 22 inches strong !
somebody had 22s on a 6th gen posted...too bad the old posts were erased...hard to find 22s for FWD cars...

04black: were you the guy that was going to slap 22s on?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:29 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by KI30t
Who cares what anyone says. Your rims are perfect. I would have made the same choice... hence the Orange 2DR max in the Photoshop section. I think big chrome rims are tasteless.
Oh, I could care less waht anybody else thinks, I know my car looks good.
Thanks for the compliment...
Old 01-22-2004, 12:31 PM
meh

Thank you Maxceler8. The wheels are 20in. Destiny's made by Katana. I was looking for something not too bling. I also know 20in chrome wheels could get pretty heavy. I liked these because they were a happy medium if you will, not to bling not too heavy. Tires are 255/35/20.

I think you made an excellent choice. I believe the 6th gen Max can pull off 20's def. better than the 5th gen.......yours is a good example. Love the overall look.... the black (one of the best colors for new Max ), plus dark tints, the nice wheels, and looks lowered too
very pimp!!

Quick Reply: Hooked Up 6g's Post ur Pics HEre So more people fall IN LoVE with it!