6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Nissan tried to screw me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 08:29 AM

Nissan tried to screw me!!!

Well, I got a call yesterday from my salesman who asked me to come in and sign some papers that financing had forgotten to give me. So I show up at the dealership and that wasn't the case at all. I had originally financed the car for 72 months and pushed the first payment off for 90 days. Apparently the Nissan Headquarters financing department sent the contract back to the dealership and said this was not possible and the contract needed to be re-written making the first payment due in 45 days. As soon as I heard this I was absolutely furious!!! I told the finance lady that I couldn't do that and they could have the car back. She tried every angle possible to make me refinance for 60 months, she talked about saving money on interest and saying "it's only $50 a month more". Well, after saying "NO" about 5 times she went to talk to some manager. When she returned she said that the contract would be re-written for 72 months and the first payment will be due in 45 days...here's the cool part...they are writing me a check for the first payment and it also reduced the remaining payments by $3.00.

Needless to say I was very ****ed off at the whole situation but I wasn't about to give in knowing that I had copies of the original signed contract. So I made out pretty good in the deal. Good learning experience.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:51 AM

Re: Nissan tried to screw me!!!

Originally posted by 4drsleeper

Well, I got a call yesterday from my salesman who asked me to come in and sign some papers that financing had forgotten to give me. So I show up at the dealership and that wasn't the case at all. I had originally financed the car for 72 months and pushed the first payment off for 90 days. Apparently the Nissan Headquarters financing department sent the contract back to the dealership and said this was not possible and the contract needed to be re-written making the first payment due in 45 days. As soon as I heard this I was absolutely furious!!! I told the finance lady that I couldn't do that and they could have the car back. She tried every angle possible to make me refinance for 60 months, she talked about saving money on interest and saying "it's only $50 a month more". Well, after saying "NO" about 5 times she went to talk to some manager. When she returned she said that the contract would be re-written for 72 months and the first payment will be due in 45 days...here's the cool part...they are writing me a check for the first payment and it also reduced the remaining payments by $3.00.

Needless to say I was very ****ed off at the whole situation but I wasn't about to give in knowing that I had copies of the original signed contract. So I made out pretty good in the deal. Good learning experience.

No offense, but anytime you finance for more than 60 months.....it isnt that great of a deal. Glad you didnt let em screw you at the end..
Old 08-21-2003, 11:11 AM

Actually there was a reason I financed for 72 months. It's a really long complicated story but I am actually re-financing with someone else for 60 months. Believe me, the extra interest you pay when financing 72 months isn't worth the lower payment, I have no intention of actaully paying for 72 months.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:12 PM

Just a side note, Nissan didn't try to f**k you, the dealer did. They ate that payment because they had no choice. Way to stick to your guns, too many people give in to those a$$holes.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by 4drsleeper
Actually there was a reason I financed for 72 months. It's a really long complicated story but I am actually re-financing with someone else for 60 months. Believe me, the extra interest you pay when financing 72 months isn't worth the lower payment, I have no intention of actaully paying for 72 months.
good to hear