6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 02:46 PM

New pics

I added a bunch of pics of my 04 max to my website, if anyone is looking for a picture of something specific, let me know (psst, the link is at the bottom of this post )
Old 04-26-2003, 02:52 PM

Man they took the sportiness out of the Max. Im sure it will look better with 20's and a dark *** tint but its alot more roomier. It will end up growing on me like alot of other cars I hated.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

It looks awesome in Majestic Blue.

Please don't tell me there are rock chips already on your front bumper!

Old 04-26-2003, 04:24 PM

Great color. Now drop it. and for god sake wash your car man.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:01 PM

LOL

No there is no chip, it is either a bug or a reflection of the sun (depending on what spot you are looking at.

I won't be dropping it any time soon, that is not my style. A supercharger, now that is doable

We have had a ton of bugs out here this year, and apparently a lot of them die when they hit your bumper at 100 mph I went to a touchless car wash this morning, but apparently touchless means that it won't touch the bugs on the front.

The entire car is spotless except the bumper.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by gmc74
LOL

No there is no chip, it is either a bug or a reflection of the sun (depending on what spot you are looking at.

I won't be dropping it any time soon, that is not my style. A supercharger, now that is doable

We have had a ton of bugs out here this year, and apparently a lot of them die when they hit your bumper at 100 mph I went to a touchless car wash this morning, but apparently touchless means that it won't touch the bugs on the front.

A bit of advice re paint chips........get a clear bra NOW.......or you will regret it.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:42 PM

Love your car
Old 04-26-2003, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by JAKE02

A bit of advice re paint chips........get a clear bra NOW.......or you will regret it.
With the brightness of the sun out here I don't dare put a bra (even clear) on the car or you will see the fade.

BTW, those aren't chips, they are bugs that had the mis fortune of being driven through I had a dead bee carcus inside the engine compartment, and he was splatered... maybe I should slow down... nah
Old 04-27-2003, 02:56 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

With the brightness of the sun out here I don't dare put a bra (even clear) on the car or you will see the fade.

BTW, those aren't chips, they are bugs that had the mis fortune of being driven through I had a dead bee carcus inside the engine compartment, and he was splatered... maybe I should slow down... nah
Trust us 5th gen guys. You'll regret not getting a clear bra in a year or so.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:35 AM

I didnt mean those were paint chips on your max......i knew they were bugs....i read your previous posts. Clarification on clear bra. 99.9% of light goes through the clear bra.....so no fading of paint will occur. Your Max is new.....and unless Nissan has done somthing radically different with the new paint you will have paint chips and soon. Just a heads up /FYI
Old 04-27-2003, 11:44 AM

Anyone have a picture of the clear bra on a car?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2003, 12:02 PM

Anyone know why my signature didn't show on some of the above posts, I didn't uncheck the box.

Odd.. I wonder if it will show on this one... We will see
Old 05-01-2003, 09:12 AM
ATt

I love that it says Enter Sandman... hehe
Old 05-01-2003, 01:13 PM

LOL

I think adding some H&Rs to this car will make it look so good. I added H&Rs to my 2002 SE and the car looks like it should have been from factory. Doesn't look dropped, but just lowered a bit.

I would suggest getting H&Rs when they come out, it will get rid of that 4x4 look.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:47 PM

Car looks great. Yeah, you should wait till the new eibach kit comes out before you add suspension. Too bad your car doesn't have a clutch pedal though.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:16 PM

have to agree with everyone that thinks the gaps are off - definitely need to drop the front to match the back, the Maxima should have an agressive stance, lower in the front if anything.

I'm not into dropping, either, but i want it to look even, and the front gap is really bugging me now.

Other than that, the only other mods I want to do are to put a dvd system in the back, with video game inputs (i have kids) and maybe a new grille, not that the factory is that bad, really. Oh, and some new wheels, maybe the Laced Piranha?
Old 05-01-2003, 03:42 PM

You do realize that the picture you posted is crooked right? If you scroll the window up so that it lines up with the top of the screen you will see that the gaps are fine.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by coffeeshark
have to agree with everyone that thinks the gaps are off - definitely need to drop the front to match the back, the Maxima should have an agressive stance, lower in the front if anything.

I'm not into dropping, either, but i want it to look even, and the front gap is really bugging me now.

Other than that, the only other mods I want to do are to put a dvd system in the back, with video game inputs (i have kids) and maybe a new grille, not that the factory is that bad, really. Oh, and some new wheels, maybe the Laced Piranha?
Please dont put those on yer car, they suck
Old 05-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by MaximaZero

Trust us 5th gen guys. You'll regret not getting a clear bra in a year or so.
Can anyone share a picture of the 2004 max with the clear bra installed.

Eleuthera
2004 Max SE
Radiant Amber-Out/Burnt Orange-In
Old 05-02-2003, 10:30 AM

I would like to see a pic with any max that has a clear bra on it, but I can't seem to get anyone to post one
Old 05-04-2003, 11:05 AM

I too would be interested in seeing photos of the clear bra. I live in LA and do a lot of highway driving. Dem dam trucks...If someone could hook me up w/ photos of the clear bra and where to buy it, that would be great. Thanx.

http://photos.yahoo.com/dddiaz_j
Old 05-04-2003, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by diazjl
I too would be interested in seeing photos of the clear bra. I live in LA and do a lot of highway driving. Dem dam trucks...If someone could hook me up w/ photos of the clear bra and where to buy it, that would be great. Thanx.

http://photos.yahoo.com/dddiaz_j
I took some pics yesterday with my friends camera, but can't post them until he downloads and sends them to me. Likely tonight or tomorrow.

-Ed
Old 05-04-2003, 01:03 PM

I think Majestic Blue is one of the best colors to come out of Nissan but I hate to say it the color doesn't impress me as much on the 6th gen as it does on the 5th gen and the Murano...
Old 05-04-2003, 04:12 PM

I love the way it looks on my 04 Max, it glistens...
Old 05-06-2003, 03:57 AM

Here is a closer pic of the wheel gap

Old 05-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This very same issue exists in my 2001 BMW 330i.

What is the point of this discussion?
Old 05-06-2003, 01:56 PM

wow, you guys are relentless. from what i've researched, a comparable G35 would cost around $1200 more than the Maxima. I didn't have a problem with the price, but put together the rear wheel drive ( i need front for the heavy snow sometimes) and the size (G35 doesn't measure up much smaller, but feels tighter) and the price, and the Maxima is a winner.

Now if i was going for a coupe, there would be a different winner, but the sedan was my only option.

oh, and stop arguing about it. it's getting boring.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:15 PM

damn, $2910 for the aero package. didn't see that before (my last post before your editing).

good call.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Try again...
Old 05-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SprintMax
Try again...
Try what again?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by marmadogg

Try what again?
i deleted some content i did not like between some people .. i told them to try with the comments again
Old 05-10-2003, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Nickjx
Great color. Now drop it. and for god sake wash your car man.
I had an '02 Altima.........Time to move on,-got an '04 Maxima
Old 07-08-2003, 10:16 PM

If you lower the new 04 maxima how do you think a dealer would act? Would they say your warrenty is void? im scared to do it
Old 07-08-2003, 11:58 PM

I actually based my choice of color and interior on your car. As soon as i saw it i loved how it looked, never saw it in person till i got in my car. I wouldnt mind seeing what that clear bra looks like either. The bugs are killing me and i'd hate for it to mess up my front like that.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:23 AM

Clear Bra pics...

Originally posted by Mystery_Man
I actually based my choice of color and interior on your car. As soon as i saw it i loved how it looked, never saw it in person till i got in my car. I wouldnt mind seeing what that clear bra looks like either. The bugs are killing me and i'd hate for it to mess up my front like that.
This is my post from the FreshAlloy forum:

Took the clear bra pics this morning. It was an overcast day, which was good so there isn't as much glare. I had to set the resolution high on the digital cam to try and get the most detail - and it's still hard to see. Here are the links to the pics, along with some commentary:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradshaw1967/Max/hood.jpg
You can see the seam along the edges of the hood. The hood segment is fairly large, although you can't see the far edge. It comes up about a foot onto the hood.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradsh...x/front-qp.jpg
This is the small rectangular piece that protects the quarterpanel.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradsh...Max/mirror.jpg
The mirror is done in two pieces - one on the top, and the other on the back. You can see the seam between the two pieces.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradsh...x/front-lt.jpg
This is the best view I could get of the front bumper. Directly under the headlight you can see a cut - which is a 'relief cut' that's purposely built into the film. It's necessary since the film is wrapped around the curve on the bumper - without it, the film would wrinkle much like a piece of paper wrapped around a baseball.

Most of the small bubbles you see are because it hasn't totally finished drying yet - that takes a few days to totally go away. I also had the headlight kit installed today - a thicker plastic film (40 mil as opposed to the 8 mil on the rest of the kit) covers both headlight assemblies and a small circular piece covers the cornering lamps. I'll try to post those pics later - it's already dusk here and you won't see a thing now.

Hope this helps any of you all looking at getting one. I'm *very* satisifed with the result. Most of the people I show it to have *no idea* it's there - very unobtrusive.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Cronic Maxima Driver

Re: Clear Bra pics...

I'm in the market for a car, and the 04 Maxima is starting to look real good to me, since my 91 SE was totaled by some idiot driver in a 02 300M. But anyway, were could one get a clear bra? I live in Washington, DC and I would love to know where I could get one and est price on the install of it. I'm considering that ugly Orange color, but the question is what color leather to get. Please advise on the clear bra. Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by bradshaw46

This is my post from the FreshAlloy forum:

Took the clear bra pics this morning. It was an overcast day, which was good so there isn't as much glare. I had to set the resolution high on the digital cam to try and get the most detail - and it's still hard to see. Here are the links to the pics, along with some commentary:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradshaw1967/Max/hood.jpg
You can see the seam along the edges of the hood. The hood segment is fairly large, although you can't see the far edge. It comes up about a foot onto the hood.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradsh...x/front-qp.jpg
This is the small rectangular piece that protects the quarterpanel.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradsh...Max/mirror.jpg
The mirror is done in two pieces - one on the top, and the other on the back. You can see the seam between the two pieces.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bradsh...x/front-lt.jpg
This is the best view I could get of the front bumper. Directly under the headlight you can see a cut - which is a 'relief cut' that's purposely built into the film. It's necessary since the film is wrapped around the curve on the bumper - without it, the film would wrinkle much like a piece of paper wrapped around a baseball.

Most of the small bubbles you see are because it hasn't totally finished drying yet - that takes a few days to totally go away. I also had the headlight kit installed today - a thicker plastic film (40 mil as opposed to the 8 mil on the rest of the kit) covers both headlight assemblies and a small circular piece covers the cornering lamps. I'll try to post those pics later - it's already dusk here and you won't see a thing now.

Hope this helps any of you all looking at getting one. I'm *very* satisifed with the result. Most of the people I show it to have *no idea* it's there - very unobtrusive.

Old 07-12-2003, 06:13 AM

great color, beautiful car
Old 07-12-2003, 09:53 PM

i was going to refer them to your post on freshalloy bradshaw46 but you beat me to it.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i like your 6th gen. i used to hate them. now i am getting to like them. drop the car about 1.5". that is bad as$. and swap out the grille.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

GMC,
What happened to your page? All of the pics are gone..

Quick Reply: New pics