6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2005 Maxima wish list

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 04:11 AM

2005 Maxima wish list

The 2004 Maxima is out but there are a couple of things I hope they change for the 2005 model. I wouldn't expect any cosmetic changes to the exterior but the interior might get some changes and they may change the option packages. Anyway with that in mind here is my 2005 wish list...

The suede doors should be replaced with leather. At least on the SL
Chrome wheel option for the SL.
Xenons should be a stand-alone option for the SE
Aftermarket grill for those that wish to change the factory grill
Finally the rumored Nismo dealer install aftermarket support.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:13 AM

My wish list includes:

- All wheel drive (I would prefer rear drive, but that kind of conversion is unrealistic at this point).

- Get rid of the steering wheel with the early 80's-Ford-window-controller-looking switches on it.

- Give us back the white or titanium faced guages

- Drop the front end about 1.5 inches
Old 04-01-2003, 07:49 AM

in addition,

- a skyview roof that opens

- no more tooth, but a "smoother" and slightly more aggressive front end (it might be as easy as changing the curvature of the headlight cluster)

- mp3 decoding on the bose system

- non-yellow guages

- 280+ hp

...and a partridge in a pair tree...i'll keep dreamin'
Old 04-01-2003, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by tbirdrob
My wish list includes:

- All wheel drive (I would prefer rear drive, but that kind of conversion is unrealistic at this point).

- Get rid of the steering wheel with the early 80's-Ford-window-controller-looking switches on it.

- Give us back the white or titanium faced guages

- Drop the front end about 1.5 inches
...Tap the heels of your shoes together and repeat after me...

"There's no place like home"

oh yeah don't forget "your little dog to"
Old 04-01-2003, 12:53 PM

I wish they would get rid of the terrycloth crap that wraps aroudn from door to dash to door.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:22 PM

and dont forget to smoothen out the bottom and get the cornering lights closer to the front
Old 04-03-2003, 03:25 AM

Re: 2005 Maxima wish list

Originally posted by perrymaxima
...Anyway with that in mind here is my 2005 wish list...

The suede doors should be replaced with leather. At least on the SL
Chrome wheel option for the SL.
Xenons should be a stand-alone option for the SE
Aftermarket grill for those that wish to change the factory grill
Finally the rumored Nismo dealer install aftermarket support.
Chrome wheels will be an '04 "late availability" option on the SE, not sure bout the SL.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:10 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

for '05, ditch the following...

- the stupid "skyview" roof, period, never bring it back for Maxima
- the yellow lighting for the gauges & everything else
- the monochromatic orange color info screen for non-nav
- the 4-speed auto. tranny on the SL
- Torque Steer issue

For '05, add or bring back the following...

- the original white-faced gauges we all love or gauges from the Murano
- Better interior plastics
- Front grille & headlight revisions to make it look less like an Altima up front
- a MULTI-COLOR info screen on non-nav models
- white, ice-blue or bluish-green lighting for the gauges & console
- the 5-spoke rims similar to the 4th & 5th gens. but an 18" size
- an aero package exculsive to SE
- more than 265hp, maybe a 4.0L V8 derived from the VK series w/ 300+hp
- AWD option, or RWD on both V6 and V8
- Performance package on SE (brembo brakes, high-flow exhaust, sportier suspension, ultra-high performance tires, etc..)
- Option Package revisions
- Traditional sunroof std.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:42 PM

Most of you don't even own one. Weird you have a wish list for things you'd change when you haven't experienced the car as is...go figure. How about a wish list for people that post on the 6th gen forum!!!

-informed opinion based on experience with the car
-open-mind to give new ideas a chance to catch on; remember the 3rd gen was radical for its time...I remember when, and a lot of people didn't like it to start, either. Comments like "...looks like a Tempo (as in Ford)..." or "...looks like a chunk..." or "...everybody's rounding out their cars..." and so on. These are seared in my memory cause guess what...I didn't like them at first either!!
-respect for those that own the car; we're not posting in your forum about how ugly your cars are
-other thoughts?

Ok, here is my wish list, from 2 weeks experience:
-5 speed auto in SL
-Skyview that opens (LOVE that feature, but gotta have a roof that opens)
-rear seats that adjust (like the g35)
-bring back the little coin holder on the console...I MISS THAT!!!
-Keep the gages as are...they are cool and just as the black on white was "rad", I think the yellow pods are too and I'm digging them. Nice to see Nissan ahead of the curve...if they fail, at least they tried something different!
-uh, think that is it for now...
-anybody notice how the rear windows go ALL THE WAY DOWN; nice to see for a change, eh?

Ok, I'm done...let the flaming begin!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by Maxmann
Most of you don't even own one. Weird you have a wish list for things you'd change when you haven't experienced the car as is...go figure. How about a wish list for people that post on the 6th gen forum!!!

-informed opinion based on experience with the car
-open-mind to give new ideas a chance to catch on; remember the 3rd gen was radical for its time...I remember when, and a lot of people didn't like it to start, either. Comments like "...looks like a Tempo (as in Ford)..." or "...looks like a chunk..." or "...everybody's rounding out their cars..." and so on. These are seared in my memory cause guess what...I didn't like them at first either!!
-respect for those that own the car; we're not posting in your forum about how ugly your cars are
-other thoughts?
Good points! Well said.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Wht98SE
for '05, ditch the following...

- the stupid "skyview" roof, period, never bring it back for Maxima
- the yellow lighting for the gauges & everything else
- the monochromatic orange color info screen for non-nav
- the 4-speed auto. tranny on the SL
- Torque Steer issue

For '05, add or bring back the following...

- the original white-faced gauges we all love or gauges from the Murano
- Better interior plastics
- Front grille & headlight revisions to make it look less like an Altima up front
- a MULTI-COLOR info screen on non-nav models
- white, ice-blue or bluish-green lighting for the gauges & console
- the 5-spoke rims similar to the 4th & 5th gens. but an 18" size
- an aero package exculsive to SE
- more than 265hp, maybe a 4.0L V8 derived from the VK series w/ 300+hp
- AWD option, or RWD on both V6 and V8
- Performance package on SE (brembo brakes, high-flow exhaust, sportier suspension, ultra-high performance tires, etc..)
- Option Package revisions
- Traditional sunroof std.
good think that is just a wish list
so many changes for 1 year and how the hell do u expect them to spend so much money?
especially a multi-color interface on non-nav. makes no sense]
would be so expensive
Old 04-05-2003, 04:16 PM

Hold up now the tread is a wish list tread it sounds like the 6th gen Maxima owners want to control what gets posted in the forums. So what if we don't own a 6th gen that doesn't mean we do not like it. Actually as far as this tread is concerned we do like the car, but I know that it will only get better with time. I am speaking for myself of course.

I will buy a 6th gen, but I want to wait a bit longer to see what Nissan has in store for 2005 and 2006 I know they will make changes and the prices will go down as well.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:05 PM

Skyview opening....what? Do you mean like just the tilt or fully open? I think it'll look kinda whack from the outside.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:57 PM

Only thing i dont understand about the 6th gen is why they have 3 transmissions. wouldnt it be cheaper to just make 2, nissan is on the right path with the 5 speed auto. IMO The maxima has gotten large, in the caliber sense. Since they stepped every thing up(luxury, performance, blah blah blah) why would you want to weakin the vehicle with a 4spd auto if you have 5spd available. A 5spd "shift-o-matic" tranny would only reasure me nissan hasnt forgotten its 4DSC heritage. oh and here is my wish list for 06 which is when i believe maxima will be made over.
*Either 5spd auto or 6 speed( no 4 speed)
*More aggresive front end with differnt style lights/grill
*Possible coupe model(check out some of the photoshops floatin around)
*built in microwave in the glove compartmet J/K
Old 04-05-2003, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
Hold up now the tread is a wish list tread it sounds like the 6th gen Maxima owners want to control what gets posted in the forums. So what if we don't own a 6th gen that doesn't mean we do not like it. Actually as far as this tread is concerned we do like the car, but I know that it will only get better with time. I am speaking for myself of course.

I will buy a 6th gen, but I want to wait a bit longer to see what Nissan has in store for 2005 and 2006 I know they will make changes and the prices will go down as well.
...all in good fun; don't take it too serious. I personally did just find it kind of odd; seems you really have to spend time with a car before you start thinking of how things might have been done otherwise. Makes you wonder what the engineers and designers considered that we'll never know. I bet a few of 'em are things we've mentioned!

I have to agree on the transmission choices. I was disappointed that the SL only came with the 4 speed auto. It's a fine transmission, but knowing there is a 5sp auto with manual mode is hard to forget I don't know why Nissan would think buyers of the SL wouldn't want/need the 5sp. Oh well, I suspect that will be a change in the next year...doubt if you have to wait until 06 models.

srm
Old 04-07-2003, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by Maxmann

...all in good fun; don't take it too serious. I personally did just find it kind of odd; seems you really have to spend time with a car before you start thinking of how things might have been done otherwise. Makes you wonder what the engineers and designers considered that we'll never know. I bet a few of 'em are things we've mentioned!

I have to agree on the transmission choices. I was disappointed that the SL only came with the 4 speed auto. It's a fine transmission, but knowing there is a 5sp auto with manual mode is hard to forget I don't know why Nissan would think buyers of the SL wouldn't want/need the 5sp. Oh well, I suspect that will be a change in the next year...doubt if you have to wait until 06 models.

srm
I didn't take it too seriously I read another tread you started concerning the 6th gen Maxima. I would get upset if someone was dissing my car as well but I do think there will be changes for the 2005 and it's all in entertainment. Plus untill the 6th gen becomes more common place you won't see a lot of owners discussing the car. When that happens these type of threads will disapear.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:56 AM

wish list already? okay, but i've only had mine for a week.

dvd nav system on a pivoting screen, doubling as dvd player (i know, but that would be nice, wouldn't it?)

should also be a touchscreen, not just with that nub mouse. don't they make a touchscreen for the pathfinder?

7" dvd player in back center console on the elite package

radio/cd player for back passengers with headphone jacks

more package options - would've loved to just get the rear buckets without the nav system. why tie those two options together?

cassette player delete, add mp3 to cd player

power skyview

the 'rear spoiler', as such, shouldn't be an option. rear decklid redesign?

keep the 5spd auto with manual shift mode, keep the gauges, improve the buttons/switches on the steering wheel. i don't think they'll ever make a grille that will suit everyone, keep that as an aftermarket deal. same for gauge lighting.

a multi color lcd screen doesn't seem so expensive considering the cost of the vehicle, and would be a sweet touch.