6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Maxima Photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by MaximaZero
ok, i really couldnt stand the tail lamps.

Now thats how the maxima is SUPPOSED to sit...you still like that speedboat-in-water look better then this BriGuy??
Old 12-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by JoesMAX

actually in 88
88 was a 2nd gen.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
I notice how Freshalloy commented on how Nissan is slowly trying to bring back the "sport" in 4 Door Sports car. Since it left after the 3rd gen I think the new look will grow on all of us, as the rims and springs and bodykits start being put on. Also, I have heard some pretty good rumors about the specs. As I mentioned, but it doesnt seem anyone paid attention IT SAYS 3.5 ON THE PASS SIDE REAR and as Nissan has been hinting, it will share a Z soul...*HINT* 3.5 350z motor 287hp. It is going to be in a G35 class and seems to almost be on the platform, which means RWD and of course bring back the "sport" means no more beam so 287hp RWD with IRS seems to be the solid rumor. I would buy one over any other gen besides the 3rd. Trust me they will look better, I wasnt fond of the 2k's or even the new Z, but they do grow on you.
Actually, it's going to be AWD and on the FF platform- the same as the Altima. My real beef with this car is the fact that it lost its "Maxima-ness" the 3-5th gens had styling cues that were all their own. Nothing else in the line-up looked like a Maxima, now it turned into a bloated Altima that got rear ended by a Z.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by AlpineMax

Actually, it's going to be AWD and on the FF platform- the same as the Altima. My real beef with this car is the fact that it lost its "Maxima-ness" the 3-5th gens had styling cues that were all their own. Nothing else in the line-up looked like a Maxima, now it turned into a bloated Altima that got rear ended by a Z.
You sure about this AWD? Nissan really hasnt fooled with a AWD system at all and it wouldnt make sense, since it would cost some money and really isnt need for the cars in its class.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:07 PM

You sure about this AWD? Nissan really hasnt fooled with a AWD system at all and it wouldnt make sense, since it would cost some money and really isnt need for the cars in its class.
I read it here: http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/...iew/home.shtml there idea with giving the Max AWD is so that it can move away from the Altima and compete with more upscale cars like the A6.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Max4U
Why is everyone saying "2004 maxima" its actually a 2005, even though it will be released in 2004. The shape of our maximas change every 5 years.

As far as looks, I dont like it.

The ending of the org is near.
its a 2004 model, and its actually coming out in the spring of 2003, which is an early release.

its funny there were 6 years that they had the 3rd gen, 5 for the 4th gen, now 4 for the 5th gen lol.. if the pattern stays the same, i guess the 6th gen will only be out for 3 years?
Old 12-06-2002, 01:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MAXINXS
I think the car looks pretty good overall. Even though it is really big looking. But, does anyone else notice how much more wheel gap there is in the front compared to the back!?
I noticed that exactly as well and was about to comment on it. I wonder what thats all about?
Old 12-06-2002, 02:15 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

The roof of the car reminds me of a new Passat. Like many people, I think it looks like a 4 door 350Z. I've seen some of the photoshop pics on this thread and it doesn't seem bad at all. Right now I'll half and half but thinking it will grow on me once more pics and kits are available. Another thing I'm excited to see are the specs...
Old 12-06-2002, 05:28 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by JoesMAX

its a 2004 model, and its actually coming out in the spring of 2003, which is an early release.

its funny there were 6 years that they had the 3rd gen, 5 for the 4th gen, now 4 for the 5th gen lol.. if the pattern stays the same, i guess the 6th gen will only be out for 3 years?
hey Joe remember when we were at Bald Hill and we talked to Dan who works at Nissan I remember he said,

No V8 , No AWD or RWD same platform as the current Maxima.

also for anyone who may doubt his info this is the same person who had all the correct info about the 2k2 when everyone else was just speculating.

as far as styling I think this one goes back to the 4th gen shape more then the 5th gen shape
Old 12-06-2002, 05:44 AM

um....im torn...part of me likes it and the other part wants to vomit....maybe with some appearance mods it will look alittle better, im tired of the same design rim going on almost all of their cars tho.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaximaZero
ok, i really couldnt stand the tail lamps.

Me neither!
Do you all notice the shape of the back door?
Zero, I think this is going to be quite a challenge...
Old 12-06-2002, 06:40 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Speaking of Internet Bandwagoning (back at the beginning of this thread)

There was a thread at AccordV6.com with this photo and everybody started jumping on the ITS UGLY wagon, commenting that the front SUCKED, even though you can't even see it yet!

Then mid-thread I posted that I liked it, and that everyone was prejudiced against Nissan by making the judgements that they were before they could even see the whole car.

Sure enough, every post after that had positive comments about the new Maxima.

Some people just agree with and go in whatever direction the wind is blowing at that particular time. Others are not afraid to state an opposing view, even with 100 mph gale force winds against you
Old 12-06-2002, 06:42 AM

Ha ha
people are already 'modding' it and it hasn't even come out yet

I really wish that it did not look so much like the Alty. It should be more distinguishable from the Alty.

Joe Blow: 'Oh...nice Altima'

Me: 'It's a MAXIMA!'
Old 12-06-2002, 07:31 AM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by SteVTEC
Speaking of Internet Bandwagoning (back at the beginning of this thread)

There was a thread at AccordV6.com with this photo and everybody started jumping on the ITS UGLY wagon, commenting that the front SUCKED, even though you can't even see it yet!

Then mid-thread I posted that I liked it, and that everyone was prejudiced against Nissan by making the judgements that they were before they could even see the whole car.

Sure enough, every post after that had positive comments about the new Maxima.

Some people just agree with and go in whatever direction the wind is blowing at that particular time. Others are not afraid to state an opposing view, even with 100 mph gale force winds against you
hehe, I know exactly what you are saying. I have been trying to like the new accord, but I just cant yet...I think the new Maxima is better looking than the accord.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:48 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

did anyone else catch this? Well, dmontz, did you ever hear of the attessa system that was developed by nissan? its the same AWD thats in the Bluebird and the Skyline. But the AWD that people are talking about is the one that was made for the Murano.

Siler
Old 12-06-2002, 09:08 AM

I'm starting to like it. 18" rims, possibility of RWD...maybe it may just make sens to wait for the 2006 model where they would probably tweak the front and rear end. all I know is that that picture is now my wallpeper. the more I see it, the more I like it!

KEvin
Old 12-06-2002, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by N34JZ

hey Joe remember when we were at Bald Hill and we talked to Dan who works at Nissan I remember he said,

No V8 , No AWD or RWD same platform as the current Maxima.

also for anyone who may doubt his info this is the same person who had all the correct info about the 2k2 when everyone else was just speculating.

as far as styling I think this one goes back to the 4th gen shape more then the 5th gen shape
actually i think he said the same platform as the altima and just slightly bigger than the altima.. it looks like the headlights are almost the same too lol.. we should be able to get some info soon, considering it will be at the auto show in detriot in a month, so they have to have the specs out by then
Old 12-06-2002, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by T-bone
Ha ha
people are already 'modding' it and it hasn't even come out yet

I really wish that it did not look so much like the Alty. It should be more distinguishable from the Alty.

Joe Blow: 'Oh...nice Altima'

Me: 'It's a MAXIMA!'
i hate when people say that... ive had at least 5 people think that it was the new altima
the altima isnt a bad car, but its not an altima, its a maxima lol
Old 12-06-2002, 12:00 PM

Re: 2004 Maxima Photos

Originally posted by Jambo
Wasn't sure if anyone had posted this yet:

http://www.nissannews.com/events/aut...maximafull.jpg
i like it. maybe it's just me
Old 12-06-2002, 01:00 PM

Looks like my next car will have to be a 2k3 6-speed Maxima...

If not, I'll have to leave the Nissan family for something else cuz that is hideous!

Old 12-08-2002, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
the more you guys photoshop that car, the more it looks like a modded Ford Taurus
Common, modded taurii dont look that bad:
Lookie

Back on topic....I really can't decide whether or not I like it. I'm partial to gen5 because my dad and my cousin drive one. I think the rear of the new max blows away the rear of the g35 sedan. I kinda wish they had more pics because I really dont know waht else to think
Old 12-08-2002, 09:07 PM

I'm suprised you guys are comparing it to the Ford Taurus and not the Saturn ION, which to me it looks more like, and what alot of people at freshalloy.com were saying. To me that car isnt that bad, i used to think the 5th gens were butt *** ugly until like a year or two ago. Hopefully the new max will look better in black with black tint and won't cost too much more than the 5th gen. Maybe someone could photoshop some side skirts and a rear kit that makes the exhaust and tail area look more powerful and agressive?

also it could be worse...it could look like the 2003 Accord sedan
Old 12-08-2002, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
I'm starting to like it. 18" rims, possibility of RWD...maybe it may just make sens to wait for the 2006 model where they would probably tweak the front and rear end. all I know is that that picture is now my wallpeper. the more I see it, the more I like it!

KEvin
yea same here the more i look at it the more it grows on me...
Old 12-08-2002, 10:35 PM

WHY NISSSSAAAAANNN WHHHHYYY??!?!?!?!?

ITS AN ALTIMA WITH A Z BACK!!

OHHHHH WHHHHYY???????

i dunno about you but it only made me feel good about modding my third gen.
im obviously not missing nothing!

its officialy a fact! the only max to walk out of the factory looking as a 4 door sport car is a third gen!
Old 12-08-2002, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
You guys are all hilarious.

When the 2000 max came out..everyone said the same thing...it's UGLY.

It's because we naturally are resistant to change...and see change as negative. Personally I think it looks kind of cool. The rear end looks NOTHING like an altima...more like a 350z....the dual tips are sweet looking, and the rims are really nice. You can't really get a clean shot of the front end yet, so a judgement that it looks just like an altima is WAY off base.

Get off your soap boxes and EMBRACE change.
I agree. You can tell that this a rendering of some sort. The hazy look through the windows and out the other side is definitely a sign that this is an anim. A high end rendering, maybe even a copy/paste of the real car, but it looks odd. Reflections do not seem true on the body or windows, and the highlights seem artificial. Add in that you can't distinguish the black tires that well from the body (look closely) and you get the feeling it is a nice mock up. I'd wait to see realy photos, video clips and more importantly...in person. I'd never disqualify a car based on what I saw online. I've "qualified" too many from online viewings only to disqualify them later. I am sure most of you here have done the same. Give it a chance.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:01 PM

Re: 2004 Maxima Photos

Originally posted by Jambo
Wasn't sure if anyone had posted this yet:

http://www.nissannews.com/events/aut...maximafull.jpg

The Nussan Maxima just went from sporty to luxury, and it is not working.

THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END!!!
Old 12-08-2002, 11:06 PM

OT:: is it me? or am i seeing alot of newer members posting?
seems like everyone want to put in their 2 cents
Old 12-09-2002, 02:22 AM

Hmmm.

G430

Maxima

Old 12-09-2002, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by NiNe7-Gxe
OT:: is it me? or am i seeing alot of newer members posting?
seems like everyone want to put in their 2 cents
<G> I joined on March 11, 2001. Sorry I haven't posted as much as you have in the last 7 weeks you have been here, but I think my 2 cents should count for something. Even if it only counts for 2 cents
Old 12-09-2002, 09:24 AM

yah!!! dont you just hate those newbies?!?!!

how dare they actually share their opinions??!??

i think they should all to us "veterans!" cause we've been posting longer!

SOME BODY IS ON A POWER TRIP!

sorry, but i think my "2 cents" opinion counts just as much as yours.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:37 AM

dude, im not saying that is bad
im saying that it is a good thing that everyone has opinions and is nice to see everyones .02 cents that EVEN the lurkers are posting
even on a car that hasnt even been out yet.

sorry i should have been more clear didnt mean to offend you guys
and yes everyone 02 cents does count

p.s. i found this forum bout a year and a half ago, but didnt join till i got a maxima
Old 12-09-2002, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by emax95
Nissan Maxima,
1981-2003 - RIP
I swear, this website will never change. Go to the 4th gen forum and it will be "Maxima, 1981-1999". Go to the 3rd gen forum, "Maxima, 1981-1994".

Hey, remember when the Maxima used to talk to you? "The door is open." That nice pleasant female voice. They should bring that back.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:20 AM

alright man, cool.

im just defensive, because i feel like the freshman's first day in college, all these people diss comments by newbies its ****** annoying.

it just makes me sooo i just wanna !!!

Old 12-09-2002, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by NiNe7-Gxe
dude, im not saying that is bad
im saying that it is a good thing that everyone has opinions and is nice to see everyones .02 cents that EVEN the lurkers are posting
even on a car that hasnt even been out yet.

sorry i should have been more clear didnt mean to offend you guys
and yes everyone 02 cents does count

p.s. i found this forum bout a year and a half ago, but didnt join till i got a maxima
That's cool niner. I was just floating a statement. I never like to offend or get into flames in these forums either. I am not a mod guy, so I am usually only on here when I feel like looking up new info on new max's coming out, or info specific to my model. I actually have to go post a ?? about a radio problem I am having.

Glad to see you signed up. It's good to be driving a Max
peace
Old 12-10-2002, 04:12 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Kinda resembles the Altima ('02+) up front but the back looks sweet.

I hope they don't "cheapen" the interior.

From what I heard the '04 Max will reclaim its title as a "4DSC" like the 3rd gen. did, but only time will tell when it comes out.

Overall I'm impressed, can't wait to see some interior pics
Old 04-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Banned

Bump
Old 04-22-2017, 04:32 PM

Lol

Forums are dead now

Just a bunch of noob whiners asking BS questions
Old 04-26-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Bump
at the 17 year old bump.