7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the 09 the Best Maxima Ever???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Is the 09 the Best Maxima Ever???

Now that I have my 09 SV to go along with my 03 SE and all my friends have seen both of these versions as well as past versions (one of my friends has an 06) they asked me to ask you all this question.

They all rang in unanimously that the 09 is the Best Maxima Ever and by far one of the most beautiful cars on the road today.

I've had numerous drivers in Honda Accords, Malibus, Camaros and all other kind of cars trying to catch up to me from afar then slow down to drool over my car.

What do you guys think? Is this the Best Maxima Ever to date????
Old 09-06-2008, 10:50 AM

97 is the best to date... thread closed
Old 09-06-2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by f550maranello2
97 is the best to date... thread closed
lolz yeah okay 00-01 FTMFW
Old 09-06-2008, 11:25 AM

stasiu spokojnie kurde.....
Old 09-06-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
I've had numerous drivers in Honda Accords, Malibus, Camaros and all other kind of cars trying to catch up to me from afar then slow down to drool over my car.

Being the 1st to have a car with a brand new design you will have more then a few try to catch a glimpse, I use to get that with my fathers ES350 but it ended rather quick now that you see them pretty often.

I don't think it matters what others think, you bought the car my 06 is a great car but I don't think I see myself in a 7th Gen
Old 09-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Z

As a former 5th gen owner...yes. It definitely is.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:54 PM

If each new model is to be considered an improvement over the one that it replaces, then it surely is the best maxima to date. I think it makes a strong case for the above stated claim. From a creature comfort point of view, I think it beats all previous maximas. Hell, it even beats most of its competition. From a styling perpsective, its definitely up there with the best of the designed maximas. From a power standpoint it has more ponies to boast then anyother gen. Handling has also improved. I dont care if its the best or not, I am just hapy that Nissan has atleast made an attempt to revive the legend. The maxima had definitely strayed from its elements. It wil probably take another gen to recapture everything a maxima was, but this is by far the closest that ithas gotten in a while. Forget the comparison and enjoy it.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 PM
You embarrass me.

If there was a 6MT, then maybe.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:15 PM

in 95, a 5speed max was smoking any non-turbo 300zx in stock form, see if you can come close to a 350z with your 7gen?
that shows you how dominant 4gen was, and how average 7gen is.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think so.Wish the horsepower was tweeked up some for the new gen.Sat in one at the dealer and it was beautiful.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
If there was a 6MT, then maybe.
my sentiments as well...
Old 09-07-2008, 01:26 AM

I have been holding out in order to get a feel for the reliability of the new 7th gen. So far only one or two folks here have had anyhing 'happen', and I'm not sure we have had even one serious reliability question yet. If the '09 proves to be reliable, then everything else is there, and I will say YES, this will be the best Maxima yet.

This '09 is so very far advanced over the two 1985 Maximas I drove (and loved) for years, and when everything is considered, is leaps and bounds above my 5th and 6th gen Maximas.

Those still clinging to the performance of the 3rd and 4th generations need to understand that, even though the '09 weighs hundreds of pounds more, has more room, and a ton more features, it still scoots along at somewhere between 5.8 and 6.1 in the zero to sixty. I don't remember any of my many Maximas beating that.

When we add the fact that the Maxima has moved into the near-luxury area, and gas is prohibitively expensive, there are many things far more important than whether this car 'beats such and such a car 0 to 60'. That would not even be in the top dozen things I would look at. For instance, handling would be vastly more important than elapsed time for me, and test drivers seem to feel Nissan finaly nailed the handling with this '09.

So, tentatively, I say this '09 will be the best Maxima ever built.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
lolz yeah okay 00-01 FTMFW
<3
Old 09-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by BluFlame
in 95, a 5speed max was smoking any non-turbo 300zx in stock form, see if you can come close to a 350z with your 7gen?
I have to agree. .
4th gen. > 7th gen.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 AM

um lol the z generally runs about a 14 flat stock. most 02 5th gens could run 14.5 stock and with very minor mods ive seen my friend's run 14.2.

and now the 7th gen has 290 hp opposed to the 255 the 5.5 gens had. the power to weight ratio is better on the 7th gen. if the 5.5s were running 14.5s i have no doubt a 7th gen could hit low 14s maybe 14 flat. and considering the zs running 14s are average to above average drivers, most people probably cant even run that 14 flat because they arent that good with stick.

anyone can hop in a 7th gen and floor it. so basically your wrong, a 7th gen will most definitely keep up with a z any day if not take it.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 AM

they just keep getting better
Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
retired moderator

by far one of the most beautiful cars on the road today.
It looks okay, but that is a huge stretch. Pretty much everything from Europe looks better. The 7G Maxima is the best-looking car NISSAN has right now, for what it's worth.

That's because it's a new car that they probably haven't seen before. Just because they want to see it doesn't necessarily mean that they're "drooling" over it. Besides, look at the cars you named....Accord - Boring; Malibu/Camaro - POS. They probably thought you had the new Camry with TRD package, lol...

I note that you don't say any BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, or Audi drivers are trying to catch up with you to see the car (probably because their cars look better).

I would be tempted to say "yes" since it is more modern, faster, and better-equipped than previous Maximas. That said, no manual transmission means NO 4DSC, which means NOT the best Maxima ever....

During the 1st-5th gens of Maxima, the Max was faster and more powerful and more stylish than its competitors by a mile. Back when Camrys and Accords were all 4-bangers, the Max had the V6 and was much more luxurious.

But now the Max is nothing special in its class. Accords and Camrys have similar (slightly lower) power numbers and handle just as good, and are just as luxurious.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
It looks okay, but that is a huge stretch. Pretty much everything from Europe looks better.
Matter of opinion. Most testers so far seem to disagree with you, and like the fresh new aggressive and muscular 'coke bottle' look of the '09 Maxima. I certainly prefer the Maxima styling.

Originally Posted by irish44j;
I note that you don't say any BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, or Audi drivers are trying to catch up with you to see the car (probably because their cars look better).
BMW and AUDI - Not in the Maxima's price range or class. These cars stay in the repair shop anyway, and repairs on these babies are expensive. I personally am not especially taken with their styling, and deplore their lack of reliability.

Lexus - I hope you are kidding. They look sort of OK for a mush-rider, but the image of Lexus drivers around where I live falls five notches below Avalon drivers. Lexus drivers have replaced the old-time Cadillac drivers who never seemed to know where they were going or how to get there.

Infiniti - You're getting closer here, but the G35 styling is getting long in the tooth, and the Infinitis above it are not in the price range or class of cars competing with the Maxima.

Originally Posted by irish44j;
I would be tempted to say "yes" since it is more modern, faster, and better-equipped than previous Maximas. That said, no manual transmission means NO 4DSC, which means NOT the best Maxima ever....
You must keep in mind that the purpose of the Maxima has been redefined by Nissan. It has a double-mission in that it has to be sporty and still be Nissan's luxurious flagship. The manual tranny, as much as we love it, is entering its last days as a more efficient option. It was no more efficient than the CVTs of the 2007/8 Maximas, and is less efficient in both accelleration and fuel economy than the redesigned CVT in the '09 Maxima. This gap will continue to grow. Manuals will eventually be a plaything special ordered by drivers unable to let the nostalgia of the past disappear.

Originally Posted by irish44
During the 1st-5th gens of Maxima, the Max was faster and more powerful and more stylish than its competitors by a mile. Back when Camrys and Accords were all 4-bangers, the Max had the V6 and was much more luxurious.

But now the Max is nothing special in its class. Accords and Camrys have similar (slightly lower) power numbers and handle just as good, and are just as luxurious.
You missed the fact the Maxima has been taken upscale to near-luxury. It is now in a class well above the Camry and Accord, which are competing with the Altima, which Consumer reports and other mags say is better than Camry and Accord. Those are cars in the $20K to $30K range. The Maxima is now in the $30K to $38K range, with better apointments, options and handling than the Camry and Accord.

Have you really looked at the '09 Maxima very closely? It almost seems as if you are talking about the 6th gen Maxima. This '09 is a very special car.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Matter of opinion. Most testers so far seem to disagree with you, and like the fresh new aggressive and muscular 'coke bottle' look of the '09 Maxima. I certainly prefer the Maxima styling.
Yes, it is a matter of opinion. Most testers also DOGGED the looks of the 5th gen maxima when it came out.....

I've seen tons of 7th gens around here already. And they do look nice. Very clean look. But aggressive and muscular are not words that come to mind when I see the Camry-esque taillights, sorry.

Again though, that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by jcalabria
BMW and AUDI - Not in the Maxima's price range or class.
did I say they were? Camaros and Malibus aren't in the Maxima's price range or class either.....nor are Accords. Those were the three names YOU threw out initially.Didn't know we were talking about price and class...

These cars stay in the repair shop anyway, and repairs on these babies are expensive.
That is funny thing for a Nissan owner to say, considering Nissan's mediocre track record in terms of reliability. Have you actually ever owned a BMW?

I personally am not especially taken with their styling, and deplore their lack of reliability.
opinions opinions..

Lexus - I hope you are kidding. They look sort of OK for a mush-rider, but the image of Lexus drivers around where I live falls five notches below Avalon drivers. Lexus drivers have replaced the old-time Cadillac drivers who never seemed to know where they were going or how to get there.
Funny, that's what we say about Maximas around here. All driven by 55-year old ladies.....including 5th 6th and 7th gens (and I have a 5th gen)...

Infiniti - You're getting closer here, but the G35 styling is getting long in the tooth, and the Infinitis above it are not in the price range or class of cars competing with the Maxima.
Price range is actually pretty close these days. Class...no. The G35 is considered a "premium" car (Infiniti is Nissan's "premium" brand)...the Maxima is not. It's just the best Nissan...

You must keep in mind that the purpose of the Maxima has been redefined by Nissan. It has a double-mission in that it has to be sporty and still be Nissan's luxurious flagship. The manual tranny, as much as we love it, is entering its last days as a more efficient option. It was no more efficient than the CVTs of the 2007/8 Maximas, and is less efficient in both accelleration and fuel economy than the redesigned CVT in the '09 Maxima.
People don't buy MTs for fuel economy these days. They buy them for driving experience. Sorry, I cannot have a pleasurable driving experience in a car with a CVT. I don't care if it's a Z06 or Porche or Maxima.

Thankfully, most of the manufacturers who make truly sporty cars continue to offer MT (standard on most BMWs, Audis, and other performance marques).

This gap will continue to grow. Manuals will eventually be a plaything special ordered by drivers unable to let the nostalgia of the past disappear.
And then we'll all be automotons anyhow. They'll eliminate the steering wheel and the car will follow a programmed course. They'll eliminate all the pedals and optical sensors will keep you going the right speed and the right distance from the car ahead.

It'll be like Will Smith in I Robot, where he's in the car with the girl and he pushes a button to bring out the steering wheel. She's like "what are you doing?!!?!" and he's like "I'm going to steer for myself."

If you just want a car for a-to-b comfy transportation, that's fine by me.

Personally, I like to be in control of my car rather than some computer doing so, as much as possible.

If Nissan made an MT available on the new maxima as a "special order" option, I bet a good number of people would buy it.

You missed the fact the Maxima has been taken upscale to near-luxury. It is now in a class well above the Camry and Accord, which are competing with the Altima, which Consumer reports and other mags say is better than Camry and Accord. Those are cars in the $20K to $30K range. The Maxima is now in the $30K to $38K range, with better apointments, options and handling than the Camry and Accord.
The Maxima is a car without a class, really. The only similar car out there is the Acura TL.....

But "better handling" than Accord...that's debatable....

Have you really looked at the '09 Maxima very closely? It almost seems as if you are talking about the 6th gen Maxima.
No, I haven't looked all that closely. I'm car-shopping in the spring and will buy something in the $30-40k range. But the 7th gen maxima was one of the first cars I ruled out, thanks to the CVT-only option.....

Call it nostalgia, call it what you want...but when I spend my money, I want something that I will enjoy. And I will not enjoy a CVT (or any automatic, for that matter).

I'm in Nissan's target demographic...right in the middle of their target for the 7th gen in terms of age and income level. Not to mention I'm a moderator on MAXIMA.ORG.

So it's pretty amazing that they've managed to completely rule out the new maxima for me because they're not willing to make an MT option on the car. I'd even pay extra for an MT if only there was one available from the factory.

Oh well...

This '09 is a very special car.
Let's not go overboard here. An M5, that's a special car. A GT-R, that's a special car. ZR-1, pretty special.

The '09 Maxima is not a "very special car." Nor were any previous Maximas. They're a 6-cyl FWD sedan with CVT. There is nothing special about that.....They're nice cars, but not "very special" by any means....

Last edited by irish44j; 09-07-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Yes, it is a matter of opinion. Most testers also DOGGED the looks of the 5th gen maxima when it came out.....

I've seen tons of 7th gens around here already. And they do look nice. Very clean look. But aggressive and muscular are not words that come to mind when I see the Camry-esque taillights, sorry.

Again though, that's just my opinion.

did I say they were? Camaros and Malibus aren't in the Maxima's price range or class either.....nor are Accords. Those were the three names YOU threw out initially.Didn't know we were talking about price and class...

That is funny thing for a Nissan owner to say, considering Nissan's mediocre track record in terms of reliability. Have you actually ever owned a BMW?

opinions opinions..

Funny, that's what we say about Maximas around here. All driven by 55-year old ladies.....including 5th 6th and 7th gens (and I have a 5th gen)...

Price range is actually pretty close these days. Class...no. The G35 is considered a "premium" car (Infiniti is Nissan's "premium" brand)...the Maxima is not. It's just the best Nissan...

People don't buy MTs for fuel economy these days. They buy them for driving experience. Sorry, I cannot have a pleasurable driving experience in a car with a CVT. I don't care if it's a Z06 or Porche or Maxima.

Thankfully, most of the manufacturers who make truly sporty cars continue to offer MT (standard on most BMWs, Audis, and other performance marques).

And then we'll all be automotons anyhow. They'll eliminate the steering wheel and the car will follow a programmed course. They'll eliminate all the pedals and optical sensors will keep you going the right speed and the right distance from the car ahead.

It'll be like Will Smith in I Robot, where he's in the car with the girl and he pushes a button to bring out the steering wheel. She's like "what are you doing?!!?!" and he's like "I'm going to steer for myself."

Personally, I like to be in control of my car rather than some computer doing so, as much as possible.

If Nissan made an MT available on the new maxima as a "special order" option, I bet a good number of people would buy it.

The Maxima is a car without a class, really. The only similar car out there is the Acura TL.....

No, I haven't looked all that closely. I'm car-shopping in the spring and will buy something in the $30-40k range. But the 7th gen maxima was one of the first cars I ruled out, thanks to the CVT-only option.....

Call it nostalgia, call it what you want...but when I spend my money, I want something that I will enjoy. And I will not enjoy a CVT (or any automatic, for that matter).

I'm in Nissan's target demographic...right in the middle of their target for the 7th gen in terms of age and income level. Not to mention I'm a moderator on MAXIMA.ORG.

So it's pretty amazing that they've managed to completely rule out the new maxima for me because they're not willing to make an MT option on the car. I'd even pay extra for an MT if only there was one available from the factory.

Oh well...

Let's not go overboard here. An M5, that's a special car. A GT-R, that's a special car. ZR-1, pretty special.

The '09 Maxima is not a "very special car." Nor were any previous Maximas. They're a 6-cyl FWD sedan with CVT. There is nothing special about that.....They're nice cars, but not "very special" by any means....

I just got back here to read the garbage you posted that you seem to think is an objective opinion. First of all you claim to be a Moderator here but to me it seems like you're more like a ModerHATER.

Sure I may have stretch it a bit calling it one of the most beautiful cars on the road today but that is my opinion as much as your EUROloving comparo opinions are of your beloved and buttsucking BMW's (maybe you should be a ModerHATER over there at their forums instead of here).

You think BMWs look better than the new 09 Max, they are ho-hum at best and what you get in one, you can definitely get in the other, it is basic copycat(ism) to the last detail except the engine and transmissions. It doesn't take much to make a difference in one BMW from the other just add a bigger engine and trans as you go more upscale (whoopity-doo).

At least I would agree that Audi has some nice looking cars and more originality than BMW's "make all of our cars look the same" lack of creativity.

You are the typical Eurosucker, sure they make great cars in Europe but simply because they are European they are supposed to be better<<I don't buy it.

You harp on the reliability of Maximas or Nissans in general but my friend is a BMW/Audi and European car Mechanic/Tech (for over 30 years) and he says "do not buy one of these cars, they are overrated and breakdown too much and cost too damn much to fix."<<<those are his words, not mine.

I've owned 3 Altimas previously a 93 & a 96 (still own 1 today=an 06) and I own 3 Maximas (00, 03 & 09) and I've never had any problems mechanically with any of my cars, the 93 was well over 250K miles with no problems on all original parts before I traded up and bought the 96. The 96 went well over 300K with no problems before I bought into the 00 Max, <<this car is still going strong today on all original parts and never seen the inside of a shop for no more than oil/filter/tire changes/alignments and rotations.

My 03 is over 100K with no problems and still runs like a champ (I've smoked convertible 350 Z's on highway runs with no problems), the 06 Alti I bought for my daughter is a great car and is over 70K with no maint problems and regardless of what you say about your beloved Euro model cars my friend has assured me that he has customers complaining like hell about their BMWs and Audis with everything from oil leaks and other things that require major work to fix.

Yes, Malibus, BMWs (I didn't feel it was necessary to mention them at the time) do run hard to get a glimpse of my car and they always say "damn, that car is bad ***".

I didn't mention this before because I didn't feel it was necessary, i didn't come here to boast (like you're doing about BMW and Audi), I came here to ask what people thought of the car but you just want to make comparisons to your Euroenslaved car-mind.

Your opinion is your opinion, just as mine is mine, I never went overboard to make comparisons until now but if you feel so strongly about sucking on BMW and Audi tailpipes then why don't you go over and be a ModerHATER over there.

I'm sure you would get a lot of applause over there with all the venom you spit against Nissans here.
Enjoy the Ride!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM

what happened here?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by rick sambora
what happened here?
Start at the top and work your way down!!!

"Enjoy the Ride!!!" I like that!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:38 PM

wow, interesting thread.

Well I wouldn't agree that the 09 is the Best Maxima Ever, cause that is simply an opinion. Also why do people argue over someone's own opinion.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 AM

Technically, it should be the best Maxima ever since each successive model is supposed to be an improvement on the last. That being said, I don't understand why any comparison is being made between Maximas and any other car models. Any comparison should be made with previous models. So of course, newer Maximas are going to have nicer interiors, newer gadgets etc. But selecting the "Best Maxima EVER" is still based on opinion and everyone has a right to to their own opinion. My opinion: I need to drive one first.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:14 AM

The 02 and 03 6th speed are the best Maximas ever. The the 7th gen will take the throne when Nissan intros the 5 or 6 speed manual. The 04 to 08 Maximas are buy far the sh!ttiest ever.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 AM

You missed the fact the Maxima has been taken upscale to near-luxury. It is now in a class well above the Camry and Accord, which are competing with the Altima,
So is camry, accord and altima. They've gone upscale and the gap is narrower in 08. I'm especially troubled that a fully loaded altima is almost as luxurious and fun as the maxima, it doesnt help either that the altima has the same engine and chassis for less money.

Some people will buy any car with a maxima emblem on it, but nissan is not going to steal customers from cross-shoppers.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 AM

Best Maxima Ever: Gen 3 w/ DOHC motor.

2nd Best: Gen 1 w/RWD

3rd Best: 2009 Maxima

The worst: 00-01 (slowest of all DOHC Max's and ugly too)

The ugliest (tie): Gen 5 and Gen 4 (I know, I have one)
Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 PM

So is camry, accord and altima. They've gone upscale and the gap is narrower in 08. I'm especially troubled that a fully loaded altima is almost as luxurious and fun as the maxima, it doesnt help either that the altima has the same engine and chassis for less money.

This thread is asking about the '09 Maxima, which has clearly separated itself from the Altima. Not only does the '09 Maxima have the power edge on the Altima, but the chassi is no longer the same. Nissan took the chassi used in the latest Altima as a starting point, then adjusted/reinforced it in many areas, including substituting parts from the M45 in some places. I find the '09 Maxima interior to be better than the Altima in virtually every way. And the Maxima has more goodies. As far as styling, I find the '09 Maxima to be fresh and very attractive, while I feel the Altima styling is just not that different from Altimas of the past half-dozen years.

Don't get me wrong; the Altima is a fine car, and Consumer reports rates it above both Camry and Accord. But the Altima is clearly below the Maxima.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 PM

My housemate has a 07 Altima and it's nice. It's top of the line. But I would still take a Maxima over the Altima with out question.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
retired moderator

I just got back here to read the garbage you posted that you seem to think is an objective opinion.
There is no such thing as an "objective opinion," sir. If it was objective, it would be a FACT. Opinions are 'subjective,' which is why they are OPINIONS.

Besides, as a 7th gen maxima owner, I hardly think YOUR opinion is "objective" either. amirite?

First of all you claim to be a Moderator here but to me it seems like you're more like a ModerHATER.
oooohh. ouch. you really got me there. Great creativity. Two thumbs up!

Sure I may have stretch it a bit calling it one of the most beautiful cars on the road today but that is my opinion as much as your EUROloving comparo opinions are of your beloved and buttsucking BMW's (maybe you should be a ModerHATER over there at their forums instead of here).
you already used the "ModerHATER" line. Work on the creativity.

BTW, I don't own a BMW. Never have. In fact, I've never owned any European car save a 1970 British sportscar...

My wife did have a couple of Jettas, and they were total trash.

You think BMWs look better than the new 09 Max
Some of them, yes. Some of them, no. I think the 6-series is butt ugly.

, they are ho-hum at best and what you get in one, you can definitely get in the other, it is basic copycat(ism) to the last detail except the engine and transmissions. It doesn't take much to make a difference in one BMW from the other just add a bigger engine and trans as you go more upscale (whoopity-doo).
isn't that the case with most car manufacturers?

At least I would agree that Audi has some nice looking cars and more originality than BMW's "make all of our cars look the same" lack of creativity.
ok, well that's your opinion - and you're free to it.

You are the typical Eurosucker, sure they make great cars in Europe but simply because they are European they are supposed to be better<<I don't buy it.
I actually dislike most European makes, particularly VWs....

You harp on the reliability of Maximas or Nissans in general but my friend is a BMW/Audi and European car Mechanic/Tech (for over 30 years) and he says "do not buy one of these cars, they are overrated and breakdown too much and cost too damn much to fix."<<<those are his words, not mine.
I'll take documented reliability tests over your friend's opinion. He's a mechanic...of course all the cars he sees are going to have problems. Duh...

I've owned 3 Altimas previously a 93 & a 96 (still own 1 today=an 06) and I own 3 Maximas (00, 03 & 09) and I've never had any problems mechanically with any of my cars, the 93 was well over 250K miles with no problems on all original parts before I traded up and bought the 96. The 96 went well over 300K with no problems before I bought into the 00 Max, <<this car is still going strong today on all original parts and never seen the inside of a shop for no more than oil/filter/tire changes/alignments and rotations.
well, you're clearly one lucky person. Because the bulk of people on this forum have had problems here and there.

That said, it's kind of like your mechanic buddy - on the forums (or at a repair shop) you're usually going to see cars with problems. The ones without problems usually don't have to go into the shop, and nobody posts threads saying "my maxima is running perfect."

My 03 is over 100K with no problems and still runs like a champ (I've smoked convertible 350 Z's on highway runs with no problems)
You just earned yourseld a week ban for talking about street racing. Congratulations.

, the 06 Alti I bought for my daughter is a great car and is over 70K with no maint problems and regardless of what you say about your beloved Euro model cars my friend has assured me that he has customers complaining like hell about their BMWs and Audis with everything from oil leaks and other things that require major work to fix.
my friend, my friend, my friend.

ok, I can play that too. I have at least 10 friends or co-workers with bmws. None of them have had any problems with them..

See how that works?

Yes, Malibus, BMWs (I didn't feel it was necessary to mention them at the time) do run hard to get a glimpse of my car and they always say "damn, that car is bad ***".

It's all in your head.

I didn't mention this before because I didn't feel it was necessary,
or because it wasn't true?

i didn't come here to boast (like you're doing about BMW and Audi),
Sure you did...you posted a thread so you could get other jockriders to agree with you that your 09 Maxima is the best one ever...

I came here to ask what people thought of the car but you just want to make comparisons to your Euroenslaved car-mind.
Bring your 09 out to an autocross someday. I'll own you in my 00 with it's lower power and beam rear suspension. I'll put money on it if you like. I don't need a BMW to do that...

Your opinion is your opinion, just as mine is mine,
Then why are you gettin so butthurt about my opinion? Can't accept the fact that the entire planet isn't in love with your car?

I never went overboard to make comparisons until now but if you feel so strongly about sucking on BMW and Audi tailpipes then why don't you go over and be a ModerHATER over there.
I think you used this line a few times already. Is that the best you can think of?

I'm sure you would get a lot of applause over there with all the venom you spit against Nissans here.

Yup, they made me a mod here because I hate Nissans. You found out my dirty little secret....

---

btw, even though you've been here since '04, you're acting alot like a butthurt noob. I would think that by now you'd realize that this is a "DISCUSSION FORUM" where we discuss things, and often don't agree on matters.

Now I'm sorry I'm not coming on here lavishing praise all over your new car, but really.....to get this upset over one person's opinion and all bent out of shape about BMWs and Audis (did a BMW run over your dog or something?)...I mean, come on.

If you don't want people to counterpoint your posts, post them on a blog or something....

---------

btw, I'm not going to ban you just yet for your violation of street racing discussion rules since I don't want to seem like I'm trying to stop you from responding if you so desire.

So let me know when you want to take your week's vacation. Nothing personal, ask anyone here and you'll find that I am very consistent when banning for street racing discussion. I've even banned good friends of mine.

Steet racing discussion of any kind is NOT tolerated here.

Last edited by irish44j; 09-08-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM

LOL at the ignorant BMW hate.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Zargon
LOL at the ignorant BMW hate.
Zargon, can you touch base with the admins at bimmerforums and see if you can get me a ModerHATER position there?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM

I try to look at the package as a whole, not pick out one detail and downgrade the whole package because of that one detail. Moreover, I find the Camry tail lights are fairly decent looking, especially when compared with those usually found on European sedans. I just saw a new Audi on my way home a few minutes ago, and to me, nothing about it looked the least bit impressive, much less athletic, muscular or agressive, which I find the new Maxima to be. But, as you say, it's purely a matter of opinion.

-------------------

Actually, I'm not going by my opinion. I'm simply stating reality. One of my sources is Consumer Reports. They maintain reliability records on all makes and models, using input from DOZENS OF THOUSANDS of car owners, and I have been a subscriber for 48 years. In looking back at reliability ratings for the last few dozen years, Mercedes, Audi and BMW have uniformly worse reliability records than the Maxima. That simply reinforces what I hear friends and neighbors say about their Audis, BMWs and Mercedes.

More to the point, CU often rates a European sedan fairly high performance-wise, but specifically does not recommend it because of poor reliability. That has NEVER happened with the Maxima. As I said, we're dealing with reality here, not opinion.

-----------------

I guess this depends on where one lives. Lexus is definitely the vehicle of choice for inept drivers in the Atlanta area. Maximas are driven by both sexes around here because they are the affordable family sedan with a styling edge and some spunk, and the inside accomodations and appointments are nice. Most drivers of BMWs in the Atlanta that I know personally are spending the extra money and using the BMW as an ego booster, and are not particularly better drivers who would be able to take advantage of whatever performance edge it might offer.

----------------

Originally Posted by irish44i
Yes, there will be that group of drivers who have no interest in any tranny but the old-style manuals. And there will be others who have not yet mastered the nuances of the new CVT with its multiple operating modes, and really aren't excited about doing so. For years, I counted myself in that group. There will be drivers who don't understand that the manual option with the new CVTs is in a way duplicating the same rpm ratios of the old-style manual, with even more flexibility available by having both normal and sport modes, plus the option of letting the tranny do all the work when stuck in miserable stop and go traffic, plus being able to shift with either the console stick or the steering column paddles.

But I have to accept that it now seems the CVT has not only caught the Manual in both accelleration and MPG performance, but, with the new CVT on the '09 Maxima, seems to have edged ahead. Which was inevitable from the get-go, considering a non-shifting tranny will theoretically have the edge over any shifting tranny.

--------------

I just answered that in response to your previous statement. This new CVT in the '09 Maxima has lots of modes, and it will take skill and practice to become proficient at some of them. But several open-minded mag testers (oxymoron?) have recently said the '09 Maxima CVT is tight, instantly responsive to all manual input, and rather fun to drive.

Being old-school myself, this sort of hurts to say, but within another five years (ten at the most), a manual tranny in a four door sedan will be considered as a wasteful extravagance for old-school playboys stuck in the past. Sad. It seems everything I have loved in my past is being bypassed.

-------------

I can only wish that were true. I would love to have a manual option of the new Maxima available. But this would require a separate and expensive certification process through the federal government, and would not be economically practical on a car for which Nissan only plans 70K copies overall, and for which probably less than 2,000 manual versions (at best) would be special ordered. It seems somewhere around 100K to 150K copies is the 'profitability' cutoff for separate tranny versions, so the Altima easily qualifies for a manual option, but the Maxima doesn't.

But we both know the real killer here; the manual version of the Maxima was down to 5% of total Maximas sold by the late 1990s, and had dropped to between 2% and 3% by 2006. Yes, there were many factors involved, but building anything at a loss is not acceptable in these tight times.

-----------

This could be argued, but I tend to agree with you. Not that this is a negative; I sort of like the isolation of the Maxima.

-----------

Maybe with the 6th gen, but seemingly not the '09 Maxima. Not that the Accord isn't a very good handler, but testers seem to love the new firmly planted, stable, flat-cornering bump-absorbing '09 Maxima chassi, and tend to agree that 'Nissan finally got it right.'

----------

I really can't argue with any of this. This is not only the case for you, but for many long-time Maxima fans. Heck, if I lived where traffic was not always in gridlock, I would like to have a six-speed manual Maxima, just for the nostalgia of days gone by. I drove only manuals until the early 1950s, and drove them again in my Datsuns until 1984.

------------

This was meant in context. This thread is asking whether the '09 is the best Maxima yet. I personally feel the '09 is probably the best Maxima yet, and is 'very special' among Maximas. In fact, I feel the '09 Maxima is only a manual tranny away from having almost all Maxima lovers agree on this. I would even extend this 'very special' statement to all FWD four door sedans in the general price and performance area of the Maxima. Going beyond that would be like comparing boysenberries with artichokes.

--------------

In summary, I regret that Maxima lovers no longer have a manual tranny option, and understand their disappointment. At the same time, I understand Nissan's quandry, in that taking the Maxima to a higher level with less copies, when added to abysmal sales of manual Maximas, led to the dropping of the manual. At least they gave us lots of modes and options to play with on their new and efficient CVT.

The reality is the 3.6 Altima with manual has replaced the old manual Maxima, and the new Maxima has moved upscale from earlier Maximas. That will be fine with some folks, less so with others, and that is easily understood. If I were a Maxima driver insisting on a manual, I would have serious reservations dropping back to the Altima (which is a $17K car in base form). I guess I will end with a cliche of some sort. What about: 'At the end of the day, it is what it is, and we do what we have to do.'

Last edited by lightonthehill; 09-08-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
retired moderator

I try to look at the package as a whole, not pick out one detail and downgrade the whole package because of that one detail. Moreover, I find the Camry tail lights are fairly decent looking, especially when compared with those usually found on European sedans. I just saw a new Audi on my way home a few minutes ago, and to me, nothing about it looked the least bit impressive, much less athletic, muscular or agressive, which I find the new Maxima to be. But, as you say, it's purely a matter of opinion.
I agree, but we're always nitpicky about everything around here. For what it's worth (since I'm apparently a BMW-lover), I absolutely HATE the taillights on the 06-08 3-series sedans. They look idiotic, and far worse than the 7G maxma. same with the 6-series Bimmers.

As to Audis, I like the front end look of the new A4s but have never really liked the tails that much of most Audis. The A4 only really looks good in S-Trim models.

Like I said though, since we talk about alot of cars here, we can nitpick. I remember when the 5th gen came out the taillights were completely different from anything else, and they were universally dogged. I hated them at first, and they still look funky at some angles. That said, they are distinctive and don't look like any other car out there.

I just think Nissan could have gone with a more aggressive taillight setup on the new Max, that's all.

-------------------

Actually, I'm not going by my opinion. I'm simply stating reality. One of my sources is Consumer Reports. They maintain reliability records on all makes and models, using input from DOZENS OF THOUSANDS of car owners, and I have been a subscriber for 48 years. In looking back at reliability ratings for the last few dozen years, Mercedes, Audi and BMW have uniformly worse reliability records than the Maxima. That simply reinforces what I hear friends and neighbors say about their Audis, BMWs and Mercedes.

More to the point, CU often rates a European sedan fairly high performance-wise, but specifically does not recommend it because of poor reliability. That has NEVER happened with the Maxima. As I said, we're dealing with reality here, not opinion.
can you define reliability?

I've blown 3 MAFs on my maxima (that's when it was STOCK)....and gone through about a dozen coilpacks. I have no doubt that BMWs have problems too, but I'd just be interested in the definition of "reliability" as CR defines it. Does it mean "engine blows up" or does it mean "window switch goes bad" (a common BMW problem)

And can we make a judgement on the 7th gen, as it is brand new so there can't really be any long-term reliability ratings yet...especailly since it's largely a completely new car?

I've never said that BMWs were greatly reliable (and I know that Audis aren't), but people around here act like they break down on the side of the road every day....

And i still don't hold Nissan reliability as high as other brands out there like Toyota and Honda (having owned all of these brands, I have firsthand knowledge), but I will cede that now that you present facts, I guess you're right about Nissan vs. BMW.

I'd be interested in seeing a "comparable" car ...Maxima vs. 525i, for example. Because I'm sure the M-cars bring BMW overall reliability down somewhat.

-----------------

I guess this depends on where one lives. Lexus is definitely the vehicle of choice for inept drivers in the Atlanta area. Maximas are driven by both sexes around here because they are the affordable family sedan with a styling edge and some spunk, and the inside accomodations and appointments are nice. Most drivers of BMWs in the Atlanta that I know personally are spending the extra money and using the BMW as an ego booster, and are not particularly better drivers who would be able to take advantage of whatever performance edge it might offer.
i'm honestly not in a position to know the demographics of who drives what. I see Maximas driven by old ladies, and by college kids. I see BMWs driven by old ladies, and by college kids.

I want a BMW for one reason only: there is still no company out there that has designed a range of cars that can hang with BMW in the handling department (and I mean sedans and such, not Ferraris)....And my #1 priority is to have a good handling car straight from the factory (which I did not get with my Maxima, and spent thousands on "fixing" that problem....

That said, I am also looking at plenty of other cars...Audis, Lexus, Acura, Honda, and even the Altima...though I've driven several of those and wasn't real impressed.

----------------

Yes, there will be that group of drivers who have no interest in any tranny but the old-style manuals. And there will be others who have not yet mastered the nuances of the new CVT with its multiple operating modes, and really aren't excited about doing so. For years, I counted myself in that group. There will be drivers who don't understand that the manual option with the new CVTs is in a way duplicating the same rpm ratios of the old-style manual, with even more flexibility available by having both normal and sport modes, plus the option of letting the tranny do all the work when stuck in miserable stop and go traffic, plus being able to shift with either the console stick or the steering column paddles.

But I have to accept that it now seems the CVT has not only caught the Manual in both accelleration and MPG performance, but, with the new CVT on the '09 Maxima, seems to have edged ahead. Which was inevitable from the get-go, considering a non-shifting tranny will theoretically have the edge over any shifting tranny.
I'm not doubting the technology in terms of mpg or performance. After all, F1 cars have been using clutchless transmissions for years....

I simply like the controllability of a clutch pedal. I like having my left foot working as hard as my right......I can manually shift the 5-speed auto in my 4Runner, but it's just not the same thing....

sure, I've cursed my MT in gridlock traffic (and I live in DC, where we have alot of it). But I would still never give it up. It's a preference, and I wish Nissan would offer it. Not like they don't already have a 6MT that would pretty much bolt directly up to the VQ in the 7th gen....they do. So why not offer it?
--------------

I just answered that in response to your previous statement. This new CVT in the '09 Maxima has lots of modes, and it will take skill and practice to become proficient at some of them. But several open-minded mag testers (oxymoron?) have recently said the '09 Maxima CVT is tight, instantly responsive to all manual input, and rather fun to drive.

Being old-school myself, this sort of hurts to say, but within another five years (ten at the most), a manual tranny in a four door sedan will be considered as a wasteful extravagance for old-school playboys stuck in the past. Sad. It seems everything I have loved in my past is being bypassed.
Like I said, not denying the performance of CVT. But it's like speed-sensitive steering. Some people like it, some people hate it. Features like ABS were safety features, so when people said "I don't want ABS" that was simply foolish. But CVT is not a safety feature, and there is no reason not to build cars with manual trannies available - especially since they cost less to build than a CVT or auto....

-------------

I can only wish that were true. I would love to have a manual option of the new Maxima available. But this would require a separate and expensive certification process through the federal government
I don't believe that is the case. Transmission doesn't affect safety. The only certification that it would have to have would be EPA milege, and I hardly think that costs are prohibitive to do that.

, and would not be economically practical on a car for which Nissan only plans 70K copies overall, and for which probably less than 2,000 manual versions (at best) would be special ordered.
That may or may not be true, but Nissan has an off-the-shelf transmission that would be a direct bolt-up, so I fail to see how it would be prohibitively expensive. Lower-volume cars than the Maxima have AT/MT options....

It seems somewhere around 100K to 150K copies is the 'profitability' cutoff for separate tranny versions, so the Altima easily qualifies for a manual option, but the Maxima doesn't.
We've all pretty much established that the Maxima and Acura TL are in the same competitive bracket. The TL offers MT and AT. So do 5-series BMWs and Audi A6s and Infiniti G's...and all of those are probably below the 100-150k copy margin (just a guess).

But we both know the real killer here; the manual version of the Maxima was down to 5% of total Maximas sold by the late 1990s, and had dropped to between 2% and 3% by 2006. Yes, there were many factors involved, but building anything at a loss is not acceptable in these tight times.
we all know the reason...as the maxima got bigger and heavier (and got beam rear suspension), it lose alot of its "4DSC" appeal, and the people looking for a "sporty" sedan left the maxima and went out and bought WRXs or (dare I say) V6 Accords.

I'm not going to argue the economic sense too much. It's obviously Nissan's choice. But if MT was offered, I would be in there tomorrow test-driving a new Maxima (and my next car will be in that price range). But with no MT offering, I will not even bother, so Nissan loses one sale right off the bat. And I know many people who feel the same way.

Just sayin...

-----------

This could be argued, but I tend to agree with you. Not that this is a negative; I sort of like the isolation of the Maxima.
true, and it was always nice when the Maxima was so badass compared to it's so-called competitors over the years : Accord and Camry (at least in the 90s).

But there are so many more options these days for powerful sedans both FWD and AWD that compete.....not to mention RWD ones....
-----------

Maybe with the 6th gen, but seemingly not the '09 Maxima. Not that the Accord isn't a very good handler, but testers seem to love the new firmly planted, stable, flat-cornering bump-absorbing '09 Maxima chassi, and tend to agree that 'Nissan finally got it right.'
I hope so. I'm still amazed at how much better my 08 4Runner rides and handles compared to my 5th gen Max when it was stock, lol...
----------

I really can't argue with any of this. This is not only the case for you, but for many long-time Maxima fans. Heck, if I lived where traffic was not always in gridlock, I would like to have a six-speed manual Maxima, just for the nostalgia of days gone by. I drove only manuals until the early 1950s, and drove them again in my Datsuns until 1984.
the 4Runner is the first auto I've owned. It's my wife's, and she has always been bitter that I made her trade in her MT Mazda3 for it. She likes the truck, but (surprisingly) did NOT want a car with an auto, and still dislikes not having a stick shift, even though the 4Runner is a really, really nice vehicle.
------------

This was meant in context. This thread is asking whether the '09 is the best Maxima yet. I personally feel the '09 is probably the best Maxima yet, and is 'very special' among Maximas.
I would probably agree, based simply on the much -improved suspension and the fact that the VQ35 is still a great engine, and with more power now.

I just thought it was funny to call a mass-produced sedan "special." Hell, I wouldn't call an M3 or an IS-F particularly special, even though they are both awesome cars

In fact, I feel the '09 Maxima is only a manual tranny away from having almost all Maxima lovers agree on this.
I guess we'll never know....though I would tend to agree.

I would even extend this 'very special' statement to all FWD four door sedans in the general price and performance area of the Maxima. Going beyond that would be like comparing boysenberries with artichokes.
probably true. the TL is a nice car, and it does have a 6MT, but the 6MT is really a weak, troublesome unit that kills the deal in my book.

Unfortunately, there are alot of AWD cars out there that have taken away from FWD sedans these days, since FWD's main advantage over RWD was it's performance in rain and snow (which is even better with AWD).

How many more maximas would have been sold if the WRX never came out?
--------------

In summary, I regret that Maxima lovers no longer have a manual tranny option, and understand their disappointment. At the same time, I understand Nissan's quandry, in that taking the Maxima to a higher level with less copies, when added to abysmal sales of manual Maximas, led to the dropping of the manual. At least they gave us lots of modes and options to play with on their new and efficient CVT.
Agreed with the first part. As to the second....I will never take electronic gadgets that drive for me in place of doing it myself. I hardly ever use my cruise control...My 4Runner's traction control is always turned off....Guess that's why I don't have a GPS in any of my cars....I can use a map just fine

The reality is the 3.6 Altima with manual has replaced the old manual Maxima, and the new Maxima has moved upscale from earlier Maximas. That will be fine with some folks, less so with others, and that is easily understood. If I were a Maxima driver insisting on a manual, I would have serious reservations dropping back to the Altima (which is a $17K car in base form). I guess I will end with a cliche of some sort. What about: 'At the end of the day, it is what it is, and we do what we have to do.'
QFT, and I can deal with that.

But i'd still like to see an MT swap into a 7th gen, just as a big "f-you" to Nissan, lol...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm not really a big fan on the styling of the 09, especially the front. Maybe if they made the grill a bit rounder to match the curves, and also changed those damn headlights I'd like it more!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
retired moderator

btw, lightonthehill....I appreciate your sensible, coolheaded style compared with others who want to call names and act childish (myself included, occasionally)....
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM

There is no such thing as an "objective opinion," sir. If it was objective, it would be a FACT. Opinions are 'subjective,' which is why they are OPINIONS.

Wow, way to turn an thread created to garner opinion into SH*T (not to get praise from other members who have a 7th Gen).

Besides, as a 7th gen maxima owner, I hardly think YOUR opinion is "objective" either. amirite?

Yes, my opinion is but it wasn't about MY opinion it was about everyone else's, if I wanted to start an "I LOVE MY MAXIMA & YOU SHOULD TOO" thread then I would've just did that from the start.

oooohh. ouch. you really got me there. Great creativity. Two thumbs up!

you already used the "ModerHATER" line. Work on the creativity.

BTW, I don't own a BMW. Never have. In fact, I've never owned any European car save a 1970 British sportscar...

I find it truly amazing that a guy who could labor so much praise upon the car doesn't even have one.

My wife did have a couple of Jettas, and they were total trash.

The new ones are nice.

Some of them, yes. Some of them, no. I think the 6-series is butt ugly.

I like the 6 series coupe but it isn't butt ugly.

isn't that the case with most car manufacturers?

I don't really see much copycat(ism) from most manufacturers but I see it in nearly every BMW, damn near the entire line looks the same even the SUVs look as though they are just raised sedans with tailgates and bigger rims/tires.

ok, well that's your opinion - and you're free to it.

As you are to yours.

I actually dislike most European makes, particularly VWs....

On the contrary to my opinions or those of my friend's who works on them, I actually love European cars, when I lived in Germany I owned a little beat up Audi and that thing ran like a fox being chased by hounds.

I'll take documented reliability tests over your friend's opinion. He's a mechanic...of course all the cars he sees are going to have problems. Duh...

Well, if you really did take documented reliability tests over anyone's opinion then you'd see how truly reliable Maximas are as opposed to some of the cars you've mentioned.

well, you're clearly one lucky person. Because the bulk of people on this forum have had problems here and there.

Not LUCK, just BLESSED.

That said, it's kind of like your mechanic buddy - on the forums (or at a repair shop) you're usually going to see cars with problems. The ones without problems usually don't have to go into the shop, and nobody posts threads saying "my maxima is running perfect."

I would post a thread if I ever had a problem simply because I haven't never been accustomed to having my cars breakdown on me, so why not post a thread that says my car is running perfect?? REDUNDANT QUESTION!

You just earned yourseld a week ban for talking about street racing. Congratulations.

I already read your response and I appreciate the fact that you are man enough to let it go because it wasn't there to brag but to respond to someone else who made mention of how badly a Z could bust an 09.

my friend, my friend, my friend.

Yeah, I know but you don't know me and I really have no need to lie about such things, there's nothing here to gain from that.

ok, I can play that too. I have at least 10 friends or co-workers with bmws. None of them have had any problems with them..

See how that works? Great, I hope that a BMW would be reliable as much as you have to pay for them. I wish no ill-will on anybody's car.

It's all in your head.

If you say so partner

or because it wasn't true?

I had no reason to mention it because I felt that it would lead to something like this that we're going through now.

Sure you did...you posted a thread so you could get other jockriders to agree with you that your 09 Maxima is the best one ever...

My intent was documented earlier regarding this but you know how you ruined this thread already with your banter so no need to reiterate.

Bring your 09 out to an autocross someday. I'll own you in my 00 with it's lower power and beam rear suspension. I'll put money on it if you like. I don't need a BMW to do that...

Who would be willing to waste their gas racing an 00 Max? Have you been to the Pump lately?? haha

Then why are you gettin so butthurt about my opinion? Can't accept the fact that the entire planet isn't in love with your car?

I never got hurt/butthurt or anything about your opinion, you basically attacked me and challenged me by saying "that I didn't mention BMWs or your speak about only Malibu drivers was trying to glimpse my car" that's why i responded the way I did but I guess because you are a Moderator (notice i didn't use the HATER) you can just say whatever you want and it's ok and supposed to be taken as just straight talk and not an attempt to diss or to just flat out call someone here a liar.

I think you used this line a few times already. Is that the best you can think of?

Yup, they made me a mod here because I hate Nissans. You found out my dirty little secret....

---Damn, that's too bad, I had to be one to make you come out of the closet.

btw, even though you've been here since '04, you're acting alot like a butthurt noob. I would think that by now you'd realize that this is a "DISCUSSION FORUM" where we discuss things, and often don't agree on matters.

Actually 04 is what it says now, i've actually been here since 00, yes and you and I don't agree, so i will agree to disagree with you on this subject/thread and we'll just leave it at that.

Now I'm sorry I'm not coming on here lavishing praise all over your new car, but really.....to get this upset over one person's opinion and all bent out of shape about BMWs and Audis (did a BMW run over your dog or something?)...I mean, come on.

I was expecting Hate but I wasn't expecting to be dissed, which is exactly what you did when you try to say that only Malibu and Accord owners are trying to catch up and have an opinion on my car.

If you don't want people to counterpoint your posts, post them on a blog or something....

I don't mind people countering, diss'ing is totally different and then trying to call somebody a liar is even worse. it's cool though, I'm not mad at you.
---------

btw, I'm not going to ban you just yet for your violation of street racing discussion rules since I don't want to seem like I'm trying to stop you from responding if you so desire.

Thanks for taking it like a Man

So let me know when you want to take your week's vacation. Nothing personal, ask anyone here and you'll find that I am very consistent when banning for street racing discussion. I've even banned good friends of mine.

No man, i'm scared to get smoked by a 00 Maxima

Steet racing discussion of any kind is NOT tolerated here.
Have a nice day and remeber to Enjoy the Ride.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
retired moderator

ok have a nice week off starting now, since you didn't tell me when you wanted your ban to start.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:27 PM

WOW, very intersting post.

Some points are very valid here:

1.- AWD is A+ and WRX is a very good option.

2.- BMW knows its disadvantages. I guess thats why now they give you 4 years or 50k miles maintenance free.

3.- Audi's just the front looks nice special the S line. Not my dream car.

4.- If Nissan would ever spend some time listening to people's need maybe just maybe they will come close with something to the Best Maxima Ever, but remember everything is great until it fails. Let's wait for the future headaches recalls or the maintenance bulletin proper word used by Nissan.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 PM

I've been fond of Maximas for the last 10 years. I've had my eye on the 5th gen (I think it is) for some time. On the 9/4 I picked up a 7th gen. I've been standing on the outside of you all's world, and it's my opinion that 7th generation Maxima is my favorite- though maybe not the best. The CVT- meh. The FWD- meh.

MM1

Quick Reply: Is the 09 the Best Maxima Ever???