General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

maximatrader.com

Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maximatrader.com

Does anyone have any experiance with this website?...

when my car was on craigslist... someone emailed me with this

they charge 25$ for a regular ad... and $35 for the premium...

anyone want to chime in?

Hey, if your car is still for sale, you should try listing it on www.maximatrader.com
This is a great site with a lot of traffic. If you really want to sell your car, you should try it.

Good luck...

Old 05-26-2008, 04:02 PM

i think you will get much more traffic on craigslist, ebay or on this forum. i also recently sold 2 cars on craigslist and with both listings i got an email about eclipsetrader.com. i think all those trader.com sites are connected.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:18 PM
mod or sell?

next time you post on CL don't check the box that says it's ok for commercial to contact you. it unleashes those types of emails on you.
CL is the most economical way to sell a car. it used to be a great way to buy one too, but not anymore...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by internetautomar
next time you post on CL don't check the box that says it's ok for commercial to contact you. it unleashes those types of emails on you.
CL is the most economical way to sell a car. it used to be a great way to buy one too, but not anymore...

whats wrong with buying a car on CL?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by bigjoe87865
unfortunately these days its full of scammers....
Old 05-26-2008, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by bigjoe87865
thats where i got my second one
Old 05-27-2008, 07:34 AM
mod or sell?

scammers and people convinced that their POS is worth more than it should be and any good deal is gone within minutes by people that have CL streaming to their phones.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:58 PM

yup, CL is filled with scammers. I emailed a guy about a week ago about an integra forsale here's the email convo's:

Originally Posted by me
hey

where are you from, also the milage. give me an address and a phone number if you wanna set something up
then i get this email about an hour later

Originally Posted by Luyafey@aol.com
Hi,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price 2,750 because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty. From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this car is $ 2,750 USD including shipping and handling. If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
You can see more pictures by click on the link below : http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Luyafey/.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.
Diane Stefani
an insurance account on ebay for $20,000? #1 that doesn't exist, #2 that's just stupid. here's my final email back to her :

Originally Posted by me
Wow, do you honestly think this scam is going to work? I'm reporting your name to craigslist, and HOPEFULLY some idiot isn't dumb enough to go through with this. Nice try to pull a fast one you idiot.
so far no response! it's been a week.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by z00york145
yup, CL is filled with scammers. I emailed a guy about a week ago about an integra forsale here's the email convo's:

an insurance account on ebay for $20,000? #1 that doesn't exist, #2 that's just stupid. here's my final email back to her :

First of all, you have to be an idiot to even reply to an ad where the price is about 1/4th of the car's actual value. And you can almost always tell its a scam by the pics and how the ad is set up. Plus, they will also use a lot of fancy words that ordinary Americans don't use on a regular basis.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Cl is good as long as you know how to weed out the scammers.

1) Don't do money orders, escrows, Western union, etc.
2) If you cannot meet them face to face or arrange for someone to see the vehicle on your behalf and make sure the title is good, you risk falling for a scam.

I've sold 3 cars on craigslist, and will be start there again when I put my Maxima up for sale next week. Time to let it go, it's bittersweet
Old 05-27-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by z00york145

nice response.. i hate those dumb @$$ scammers.. just cause people are stupid enough to fall for these scams doesn't mean people have to take advantage of them
Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 AM

wow guys, it happened to me again with craigslist, I saw this add and gave the person an email.

Originally Posted by me
hey,

I'm interested in your car. I hope to come out and buy it by this weekend. Hopefully if all goes well we can sign over the title, I only ask you where exactly in NY are you from and also the Vin# so i can run a carfax. thanks!

-alex
Can you guess what email I just got back?

Originally Posted by coveyhrld@aol.com
1992 Nissan 240SX

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price ($ 2900 ) because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this car is $ 2900 USD including shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Melissa Covey
zomg craigslist is teh ghey.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:48 PM

"i'm chris Hansen with Dateline."
Old 06-13-2008, 11:40 AM

hey guys, guess what? I got an email back from the scammer, if this one doesn't scream out "HEY THIS IS A SCAM" I really don't know what does.

Originally Posted by coveyhrld@aol.com
The car is already at the shipping company in Lincoln,Nebraska sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. According with the eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.
Thank you
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 PM

its that damn sasquatch
Old 06-17-2008, 08:47 AM

It's not craigslist that people should be frustrated at, its the scammers that exploit some of the weaknesses of the site. Scammers also use message boards and forums to attempt the same scams.

These aren't anything new. Scams are old as dirt and have been around the internet for many years. In all reality, they're just getting easier to pick out anymore as they all tend to use cookie cutter sales pitch.

In my opinion, if you can't weed through what's a likely scam and what isn't, you don't need to be purchasing a vehicle online in the first place.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 AM

I agree. I sold a Camry on Craigslist in about 20 minutes... Free! I also sold a lawnmower, I had to take the ad down in 1 day, I had over 30 responses!

Search this Thread