5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 09:03 AM

2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Went to my local dealer (Baker-Jackson NIssan) in Houston just to see if any 2k3's had come in yet. There was just one... decked out Sheer Silver SE w/ Titanium Pkg. Man... IT LOOKS GOOD!!

Wheels:
Unfortunately, I love em'. The wheels are nice in a very understated way. They aren't fully chrome, but definately have a subdued shiny finish to em'.

Paint:
The sun was bright and beaming down on it. The paint screams!! The car almost hurt my eyes it was so bright!!

Interior:
Very little change. I saw the center console w/ silver (titanium) trim. Looks good. I couldn't see any TE stitching on seats or anywhere. The door locks are "slightly" different than the 2k2's. Neither better or worse. All in all the same.

Tailights and Front end:
Tailights where exactly the same as my 2k2.
Front-end lights were exactly the same as well. It had the 'orange' lights like the 2k2's. (I believe there was some speculation that the 2k3's didn't have the orange lights). They do.

I'm still happy w/ my Sterling Mist 2k2. But, I have to admit the Titanium Edition is NICE!! REAL NICE!!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:09 AM

I'm gonna leave in about an hour to go check it out.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Blu
the tits

bring us back you comments matt

Originally posted by mattattax
Old 06-03-2002, 09:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Take some pics if you can.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by mattattax
mattattax,
(TO CLARRIFY):
I just realized it was 'Baker-Jackson NISSAN' on 290 and 1960 area. I got it confused w/ where I bought my Max. Sorry!!!

Again, the 2k3 is at Baker-Jackson Nissan. I don't know about Mossy.

Sorry again!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:47 AM
ThisMax2NV

Re: 2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Originally posted by CHAZMAX
Went to my local dealer (Mossy Nissan) in Houston just to see if any 2k3's had come in yet. There was just one... decked out Sheer Silver SE w/ Titanium Pkg. Man... IT LOOKS GOOD!!

Wheels:
Unfortunately, I love em'. The wheels are nice in a very understated way. They aren't fully chrome, but definately have a subdued shiny finish to em'.

Paint:
The sun was bright and beaming down on it. The paint screams!! The car almost hurt my eyes it was so bright!!

Interior:
Very little change. I saw the center console w/ silver (titanium) trim. Looks good. I couldn't see any TE stitching on seats or anywhere. The door locks are "slightly" different than the 2k2's. Neither better or worse. All in all the same.

Tailights and Front end:
Front-end lights were exactly the same as well. It had the 'orange' lights like the 2k2's. (I believe there was some speculation that the 2k3's didn't have the orange lights). They do.

I'm still happy w/ my Sterling Mist 2k2. But, I have to admit the Titanium Edition is NICE!! REAL NICE!!

So after seeing the TE which do you personally think is better? The
AE MAX or the TE MAX? Im curious as to how much better (asides from engine) or different the 2 are.

Old 06-03-2002, 10:46 AM

I posted about seeing one in the General room, it was black and I basically said the same thing you said really nothing majorly done to it. the one I saw was at Bankston Nissan Lewisville(Dallas,Tx)!
Old 06-03-2002, 11:50 AM

Re: Re: 2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Originally posted by ThisMax2NV

So after seeing the TE which do you personally think is better? The
AE MAX or the TE MAX? Im curious as to how much better (asides from engine) or different the 2 are.
Well, after seeing both the AE and TE I would say:

IMHO It's VERY close, (AE guys don't hate me!) but I guess I'd take the TE. I've always loved the AE, In fact MY 2k2 is a AE 'wannabe'. (sills, pedals, etc) But something about that paint and wheels. For stock wheels they are very distinctive. They make you look at em'! At first, I wasn't that impressed, but the more I looked at the car, the more I liked it. But remember, it's $1,000... That's not cheap. But very nice, nonetheless.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: 2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Well, after seeing both the AE and TE I would say:

IMHO It's VERY close, (AE guys don't hate me!) but I guess I'd take the TE. I've always loved the AE, In fact MY 2k2 is a AE 'wannabe'. (sills, pedals, etc) But something about that paint and wheels. For stock wheels they are very distinctive. They make you look at em'! At first, I wasn't that impressed, but the more I looked at the car, the more I liked it. But remember, it's $1,000... That's not cheap. But very nice, nonetheless.

is it a new trim level, like the 2k1AE? or is it just a option package?
Old 06-03-2002, 12:01 PM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Originally posted by genix

is it a new trim level, like the 2k1AE? or is it just a option package?
check out www.nissandriven.com
Old 06-03-2002, 01:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Originally posted by jjs

check out www.nissandriven.com
Thats it its just wheels? THose stock wheels?
Roger
Old 06-03-2002, 02:21 PM

My friend begged me to install an amp for him today so I didn't get to go out there. I will definitely go later in the week (prolly Friday) and bring back tons of pics.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

There aren't pics of the wheels. Where are they?
Old 06-03-2002, 02:33 PM
jjs

That's what I want to know...

are they the same as the AE (stock with a more glossy finish) or something really different?
Old 06-03-2002, 02:39 PM

its a sweet car to me its the same as the 2k2 i did not get to test drive it today but will do so tommorow sweet interior and stock rims are NICE! ill let you guys know how she drives and if i likes im buying
Old 06-03-2002, 02:40 PM

Paint:
what color was it? was it one of the new colors (Polished Titanium or Sheer Silver)

and, what makes you choose the TE over the AE? the AE definitely had a bunch of differences from the regular 01 SE but the TE doesnt seem veyr different at all.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Newman

what color was it? was it one of the new colors (Polished Titanium or Sheer Silver)

and, what makes you choose the TE over the AE? the AE definitely had a bunch of differences from the regular 01 SE but the TE doesnt seem veyr different at all.
The car I saw at Baker/Jackson Nissan was 'Sheer Silver' w/ black leather. The name fits it well!

Re: TE over the AE. You're right, If I had to say which one was a more significant upgrade from THAT YEAR'S model, then I'd say the AE. I just like the sheer silver of the TE w/ those new wheels. Sharp...
Old 06-03-2002, 03:05 PM

Played hooky from work earlier today and went up to Bankston Nissan in Lewisville.

They have 3 Titanium Editions in stock.

Like the sheen on the rims. A lot.

The stitching was a bit underwhelming. It looks like you're paying more to have off-color thread in your seats. Meh.

Like the titanium console (in the center) though.

<Buuuurrrp> 'Scuse me.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by hollywood7301
Played hooky from work earlier today and went up to Bankston Nissan in Lewisville.

They have 3 Titanium Editions in stock.

Like the sheen on the rims. A lot.

The stitching was a bit underwhelming. It looks like you're paying more to have off-color thread in your seats. Meh.

Like the titanium console (in the center) though.

<Buuuurrrp> 'Scuse me.
Went by Courtesy Nissan in Richardson on Saturday and they didn't have one. What I did notice was some CHEAP *** '02 SE's on the lot. I mean leather and auto for under $27K. Looks like the Altima effect is in full force. Advice to those who are wanting to get a new Maxima, wait until the end of August and swoop in steal one of the last '02s off the lot. I got mine full loaded at a rock bottom price...last one on the lot just because it had black leather. Hello, hasn't anyone heard of auto tinting and windshield cover during those hot Dallas summers.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2K3 Max Titanium Ed. looks REAL sharp!

Originally posted by Texasguy

Went by Courtesy Nissan in Richardson on Saturday and they didn't have one. What I did notice was some CHEAP *** '02 SE's on the lot. I mean leather and auto for under $27K. Looks like the Altima effect is in full force. Advice to those who are wanting to get a new Maxima, wait until the end of August and swoop in steal one of the last '02s off the lot. I got mine full loaded at a rock bottom price...last one on the lot just because it had black leather. Hello, hasn't anyone heard of auto tinting and windshield cover during those hot Dallas summers.
I just got my 2K2 with Navi, loaded for $27,500! Sticker was $30,700
Old 06-03-2002, 07:12 PM
I miss the .org!

I can't wait to go check out these new 2K3's!! I looked on www.nissandriven.com. It says that on the SE, the TE pkg, Leather pkg, and Merdian pkg are all required option pkgs. So when I configured "my max" with everything but floor mats and Navi, it came to $30K and some change. That sheer silver sounds nice...how about the Platinum color? Anybody seen that yet?
Old 06-04-2002, 07:43 AM

Just to clarify... the TE does cost $999 extra, but that includes the Bose package and side airbags. I was just at the dealer over the weekend discussing this car (they didn't have any yet). A loaded '03 TE will actually cost over $600 LESS than a loaded '02 SE! The rims, door sills, stitching and trim will all be a freebee.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:21 AM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
I can't wait to go check out these new 2K3's!! I looked on www.nissandriven.com. It says that on the SE, the TE pkg, Leather pkg, and Merdian pkg are all required option pkgs. So when I configured "my max" with everything but floor mats and Navi, it came to $30K and some change. That sheer silver sounds nice...how about the Platinum color? Anybody seen that yet?

I did not see that. I configured it without the leather and got it to around 26.5? Do you have to have the leather package to get the TE package?
Old 06-04-2002, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by AudioMan
Do you have to have the leather package to get the TE package?

yeah.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:04 AM
lcf

what size tires the TE come wit? 17"?

im so glad my SE tires are 17" oem.

Old 06-04-2002, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by lcf
what size tires the TE come wit? 17"?

im so glad my SE tires are 17" oem.

The TE comes w/ 225/50/17 just like the 2k2 SE's. Same Sh**y potenzas also!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by Newman

yeah.
Unless the Nissan Site is wrong or has a glitch when configuring, you do not have to have leather. It does not make you choose leather with the TE package. I got my MSRP* to $28,885.00 with a 6-Speed SE with HLSD and Meridian. It does make you get the sunroof. That means that you could probably walk with a deal of about $26,5.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by AudioMan

Unless the Nissan Site is wrong or has a glitch when configuring, you do not have to have leather. It does not make you choose leather with the TE package. I got my MSRP* to $28,885.00 with a 6-Speed SE with HLSD and Meridian. It does make you get the sunroof. That means that you could probably walk with a deal of about $26,5.

oh okay.i was mistaken. what i was thinking was that if you choose leather on an SE, you are required to get the Titanium Edition.

so, Titanium Edition is required in order to get leather
but leather is NOT required to get Titaniumn Edition.

i just had it reversed.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:23 AM

Went to my local dealer (Baker-Jackson NIssan) in Houston just to see if any 2k3's had come in yet. There was just one... decked out Sheer Silver SE w/ Titanium Pkg. Man... IT LOOKS GOOD!!

Wheels:

Paint:

Interior:

Tailights and Front end:

What exactly is different about the door locks? Are you referring to the power door lock control or the manual lock-tab ?
Old 06-05-2002, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by warrlocked

What exactly is different about the door locks? Are you referring to the power door lock control or the manual lock-tab ?
'power door-lock control'
Very little change... but the 'buttons' themselves are slightly different than my 2k2 SE. I don't know if it's only on the TE model or if its new for 2k3. But again, all it is just the buttons. the writing on them, and shape is 'slightly' different.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:41 AM

Very little change... but the 'buttons' themselves are slightly different than my 2k2 SE. I don't know if it's only on the TE model or if its new for 2k3. But again, all it is just the buttons. the writing on them, and shape is 'slightly' different.
Odd for a manufacturer to change something so small in a car's last year of production.

Does the Titanium accents in the interior also appear on the door panels (where the window-lifts and door-pull is located). If it is I hope that stuff wears better than the crap we have in the 2K-2k2 Max's. I had mine replaced about a year ago...and they are starting to get scratched up again.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by warrlocked

Odd for a manufacturer to change something so small in a car's last year of production.

Does the Titanium accents in the interior also appear on the door panels (where the window-lifts and door-pull is located). If it is I hope that stuff wears better than the crap we have in the 2K-2k2 Max's. I had mine replaced about a year ago...and they are starting to get scratched up again.
To my knowledge the titanium accents were only on the middle of the dash area. Around the a/c, stereo, ash tray, gear shift area. Wuz not around the a/c vents I know. I'm not sure whether it was on the doors... I don't think so. It was on a Sunday when I went, so dlr was closed. I had to view everything from outside the car. I really don't think it was full accent kit like some I've seen on the forum. Hope that helps...
Old 06-06-2002, 08:07 AM

sumone take a friggin pic!!!!! i am getting ****ed off at myself for buying a 2k2........... .......maybe not........meh.......just take a pic......
Old 06-06-2002, 09:15 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Went to my local dealer (Baker-Jackson NIssan) in Houston
Hey, thats your local dealer? Thats where I bought my AE from. Please don't tell me you take your car to those ninkumpoops. If you do and have a decent service manager tell me who it is so I can talk to him. I have to take my car all the way to southwest infinity to get good service. BTW we should meet up some time, I live right arount the corner and could walk there in 5 minutes.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by Rob'sAE

Hey, thats your local dealer? Thats where I bought my AE from. Please don't tell me you take your car to those ninkumpoops. If you do and have a decent service manager tell me who it is so I can talk to him. I have to take my car all the way to southwest infinity to get good service. BTW we should meet up some time, I live right arount the corner and could walk there in 5 minutes.
Actually, where I bought my 2k2 was Mossy Nissan. But I'm definately closer to Baker Jackson. You're absolutely right about Baker Jackson!! They don't have a clue... I had good experiences w/ Mossy so far.

I'm off of 290/Jones Rd area. Sounds like you're around that area as well.

Your AE is SHARP!! I noticed from one of your pic's that you took it in front of the waterfall at Williams Tower (use to be Transco Tower). Coincidently, that's where I work! Small world. You're right, we may have to meet up someday.

I read a thread a while back that some H-town guyz were going to try put something together to get everyone to meet up. Haven't heard anything...
Old 06-06-2002, 09:34 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Actually, where I bought my 2k2 was Mossy Nissan. But I'm definately closer to Baker Jackson. You're absolutely right about Baker Jackson!! They don't have a clue... I had good experiences w/ Mossy so far.

I'm off of 290/Jones Rd area. Sounds like you're around that area as well.

Your AE is SHARP!! I noticed from one of your pic's that you took it in front of the waterfall at Williams Tower (use to be Transco Tower). Coincidently, that's where I work! Small world. You're right, we may have to meet up someday.

I read a thread a while back that some H-town guyz were going to try put something together to get everyone to meet up. Haven't heard anything...
yeah, that was a couple of saturdays ago, by the time i got off of work and got there most everybody was gone. from what I heard it was pretty descent.