5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Advice - rims/tires got stolen

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 10:49 AM

Need Advice - rims/tires got stolen

Some bastards stole the rims and tires off my 2000 Max SE at my apartment complex (Apparently the Seattle Eastside isn't that safe anymore).
They were the 17" stock alloy rims with the potenzas.
pictures are at http://sbggraphics.virtualave.net/maxima (6 pictures - left_back, left_front, left_full, right_back, right_front, right_full)

I'm going to choose a shop to get it checked out/fixed.
Couple of questions for all you maxima experts though
1. Can you see any damage to the rotors/plates/brakes from the close-up pictures?
2. What other damage should i have the shop check for?
3. How do i prevent this from happening again - does anyone have wheel locks on their maxes?

Oh well at least i'll get tires which are better for the weather here than the potz

Thanks! http://sbggraphics.virtualave.net/maxima
Old 03-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good luck man. Knowing how much you love your car, it royally sucked to hear you call me saturday morning.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I'm needing a caw

Wow I'm on the Eastside of Seattle also. Bellevue. I'll keep an eye out. Wheel locks are a must. Aftermarket alarm too.

And as I said before, use the insurance $ to get some badazzed 18" rims/tires. You should be receiving something north of 2 grand back.

Where on the Eastside? You should post this in the NW section
Old 03-11-2002, 12:03 PM

So I can just put on wheel locks when I get my new rims put on?
I wonder why Nissan didn't put them on stock.. Don't a lot of manafacturers put them on?

Yes, I'm in Bellevue too - This happened in Bellevue Meadows (next to the pro sports club) - the cops were surprised something like this happened here.

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Wow I'm on the Eastside of Seattle also. Bellevue. I'll keep an eye out. Wheel locks are a must. Aftermarket alarm too.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:06 PM
I'm needing a caw

I know where that is. My friends used to live there. Just off of 156th or so? My Lexus has wheel locks when I got them. But most makers do not. I would suggest at least some decent wheel locks. You can just put them on.

Originally posted by madmax2000
I wonder why Nissan didn't put them on stock.. Don't a lot of manafacturers put them on?

Yes, I'm in Bellevue too - This happened in Bellevue Meadows (next to the pro sports club) - the cops were surprised something like this happened here.

Old 03-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's not good stuff. No visible damage from your pictures. I could come and take a look with you...I'm in Kirkland and I would notice any problems. However, I'm pretty sure you'd notice damage to that area yourself. Check all the brake lines...that would be a must. If someone stole your rims, they probably didn't do much that would cause damage...just got them off and ran.

As far as replacement tires...do the Pilot Sport A/S...you won't be sorry...great traction on our wet streets.

My baby is in the garage, so I'm hoping I don't end up on blocks myself. Bastards.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:18 PM

Yes - I did post it on NW forum and warn everyone.

Thanks for the help - I will get it checked out at a shop - all the brake lines etc - there is no visible damage as far as I can tell.

Yes, I was already eyeing the Pilots - good to know you like them.
Thanks!

Originally posted by MichaelAE
That's not good stuff. No visible damage from your pictures. I could come and take a look with you...I'm in Kirkland and I would notice any problems. However, I'm pretty sure you'd notice damage to that area yourself. Check all the brake lines...that would be a must. If someone stole your rims, they probably didn't do much that would cause damage...just got them off and ran.

As far as replacement tires...do the Pilot Sport A/S...you won't be sorry...great traction on our wet streets.

My baby is in the garage, so I'm hoping I don't end up on blocks myself. Bastards.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:37 PM

Re: Need Advice - rims/tires got stolen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madmax2000
[B]Some bastards stole the rims and tires off my 2000 Max SE...

1. Can you see any damage to the rotors/plates/brakes from the close-up pictures?
3. How do i prevent this from happening again - does anyone have wheel locks on their maxes?

Oh well at least i'll get tires which are better for the weather here than the potz

Thanks!

Hi madmax 2000, sorry to here some MF stole your wheels, first thing I can say is buy wheel lock with the next wheel, cuz those bastard know that you are going to get another set, so better watch out they can come back.

I dont see damage on you disk, but they may have been bent, they perhaps need to be resurface.

For you next wheel buy a set of wheel lock along with a Louisville Slugger, so when the bastard visit you again, you can stamp them free of charge.

Cheers

AA
Old 03-11-2002, 12:43 PM
Maxima Pilot

Bummer. For wheels I would go with SSR

Integrals...nice, simple, sweet and at 17 lbs/wheel, about 6 pounds less per wheel than stock rims.
For tires I would use Pilots A/S if you're interested in all-out grip, Pilot MXM4s if ride quality is your primary consideration.
Good luck, let us know what u decide to do and first impressions
Old 03-11-2002, 01:20 PM

Re: Re: Need Advice - rims/tires got stolen

Thanks AA - I should take your advice and get the slugger - :bam:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doublea
[B]
Some bastards stole the rims and tires off my 2000 Max SE...

Thanks!

Hi madmax 2000, sorry to here some MF stole your wheels, first thing I can say is buy wheel lock with the next wheel, cuz those bastard know that you are going to get another set, so better watch out they can come back.

I dont see damage on you disk, but they may have been bent, they perhaps need to be resurface.

For you next wheel buy a set of wheel lock along with a Louisville Slugger, so when the bastard visit you again, you can stamp them free of charge.

Cheers

AA
Old 03-11-2002, 01:22 PM

Re: Bummer. For wheels I would go with SSR

Any pictures of SSR Integrals?

Originally posted by Galo
Integrals...nice, simple, sweet and at 17 lbs/wheel, about 6 pounds less per wheel than stock rims.
For tires I would use Pilots A/S if you're interested in all-out grip, Pilot MXM4s if ride quality is your primary consideration.
Good luck, let us know what u decide to do and first impressions
Old 03-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Maxima Pilot

Go to Tirerack.com...they have a neat

site where you can select the wheel and the site will 'place' it on the car istself so u can see what it looks like...check it out.
Once on the site, access 'wheels' then follow the queries to load your car, then stroll thru the wheel options until you find the Integrals, select and you'll see what they look like on the car.
They are cool bean wheels, IMHO. I'll get them when my POS Potenzas wear to the nubs, then do a package deal. Will probably get the MXM4's as I wanna soften the ride a bit.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Bummer. For wheels I would go with SSR

Any pictures of SSR Integrals?

they are in motortrend or car & driver magazine(look in the discount tire or tire rack ads.)
Old 03-11-2002, 11:54 PM

Dang!

Dang! That sucks, I live in Bellevue too in an apartment complex near 148th and 40th (Pro Club is just up the road). I hope nothing happens to my 2K2 Maxima GXE. Maybe I'll need an aftermarket alarm too.