5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan actually cares?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 06:25 AM

Nissan actually cares?

Since day one, I've been getting these fairly long questionaires from Nissan following my every visit to the dealer for service. The most recent one seems to indicate that they are keeping track of responses that indicate dis-satisfaction with the service. Considering the general bad reputation Nissan service has in the .org, I think this is a good sign that they are at least taking notice of some sort.
Anyone else getting these mailings?
Old 03-01-2002, 06:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yup...

I know that my bit won't cause massive sweeping changes in cust. service, but I do know the intention of the questionnaires is to ascertain the REAL problems as perceived by Nissan's customers. The more info they get, the bettah!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 07:13 AM

I get these a few weeks after visits to the dealer. And fortunately they have stellar service.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:41 AM

Guys, Nissan As a Company Does care about their customers. Its some of their dealers who don't give a $hit Once the car is slod. I have 2 Nissan dealers locally, Funny how one treats you like gold and the other always wants to blame the customer for Mechanical Failures.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by PIONEER
Guys, Nissan As a Company Does care about their customers. Its some of their dealers who don't give a $hit Once the car is slod. I have 2 Nissan dealers locally, Funny how one treats you like gold and the other always wants to blame the customer for Mechanical Failures.
Very true. Perhaps these questionaires are Nissan's way of gathering enough information with which to smack a few dealers around with?
Hope so.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:00 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by Thorzdad

Very true. Perhaps these questionaires are Nissan's way of gathering enough information with which to smack a few dealers around with?
Hope so.
Yea, I got a CALL BACK. I told the nice girl how everything was NOT good and gave a blow-by-blow account of the stupidity of the service rep I dealt with.

The next day I had a call from the Service Manager who took care of my problem and went out of his way to make sure I wasn't bothered with any extra hassle. He actually sent the Tech to my work to reprogram the ECU in my parking lot. That was cool, because I got to ask him all kinds of questions, see a Consult-II(Big expensive GameBoy) in action, and make sure no dents/scrathes were added.

So I'm somewhat neutral right now. However, I have to go in again so I will try and remain that way if I have to put up with the same Service Rep who is probably ****ed off at me. We'll see.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by IceY2K1
... He actually sent the Tech to my work to reprogram the ECU in my parking lot...
So, did you have the ECU done as part of that throttle TSB?
I swear my 2001 needs that TSB performed (or something like it) but the dealers refuse to do it because the computer kicks back the correct numbers saying my car already has the fix. They all say they can't do it under warranty since the numbers check out.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by PIONEER
Which ones are those?
Old 03-01-2002, 11:07 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Maybe...

Originally posted by Thorzdad

So, did you have the ECU done as part of that throttle TSB?
I swear my 2001 needs that TSB performed (or something like it) but the dealers refuse to do it because the computer kicks back the correct numbers saying my car already has the fix. They all say they can't do it under warranty since the numbers check out.
Yes, I had the Fuel-Cut TSB performed.

The dealer is saying that the current part number, which is the software version number for the software in the ECU, is apparently the latest one available. You will only be able to update to a NEWER part number. The question is what part number are they saying you currently have? If you can find that out, you may be able to prove that there is a NEWER part number available which MAY or MAY NOT improve your "fuel-cut" symptoms. It made mine better, but not perfect. However, I can at least tolerate driving around town without flinching whenever I have to let off the throttle(gas pedal) and then barely touch the throttle again.

Check the sticky for the LATEST part number(at the time I had mine done) and ask your dealer to show you what part number the Consult-II reads in your ECU.

Good luck, because if you have the "fuel-cut" symptoms and the dealer doesn't know about the LATEST part number you might have to go to another Nissan dealer.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by Lumbee799

Which ones are those?
John Stay away from RPM Nissan. Go to Southern States and talk to Varick.. IF he gives you trouble Talk to the Manager Dusty..
Old 03-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Do they really care. Just one Question how is everyones Paint Chips?
Old 03-01-2002, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by cjlosh
Do they really care. Just one Question how is everyones Paint Chips?
Paint chip is not a Mechanical Failure.. Rust and Clearcoat Peel is covered under warrenty.