5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

parking lights to match yellow fogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:19 AM

parking lights to match yellow fogs

My car mostly has the same look in the front with the lights as the 5.5gen in the Maxima app main screen (u guys know that black Max)

With the yellow fogs, yellow hi beams. But my parking light is a white led right now. Id like to put in some yellow leds to match the fogs.

Ive tried a few different bulbs but none really match well color wise.

I see that 5.5gen in the app logo also doesnt really have a good match betw. parking light and fogs yellow.

Anyone know what bulbs I can try to match the fogs to parking lights?

My fogs look exactly like that 5.5gen in the app pic when on.

Help
Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 PM

The closest thing you will find are amber LEDs.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:23 PM

No Safety regulations in Va against that Stillwell?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:34 PM

Is this legal?
Old 09-27-2014, 01:36 AM

^ Deep and_george, cant believe I said those in same line....of course its legal

You guys should know by now Im all about function, not looks..

What is illegal, is painting the reflectors yellow. Or having yellow in place of main light source (one beam lights like 5th gen) because they aren't bright enough. I have retrod 5.5 lights so dual beam.

Here in VA they are against any modification (heh heh heh) of headlights but are fine with anything "stock" or approved by DOT/SAE/other, retro lights are fine if done correctly. My lights are DOT/SAE approved, hi beams are yellow bulbs so reflector is still stock but it looks yellow in daylight due to the bulb inside.

We got plenty of cars here with blue/green/purple lights so cops dont even look my way. Ive been told by cops that my lights are setup and aimed perfectly and actually provide great visibility, they said my low beams were awesome but they never saw the yellow hi beams in action lol..

I've never actually used the yellow hi beams "in public" so to speak, used em once in a storm with next to no cars on road and it was awesome visibility, those yellow hi beams are bright as all **** tho, looks like my car is an emergency vehicle from a distance lolz

Originally Posted by TallTom
The closest thing you will find are amber LEDs.
Thanks for the reply Tom, I was thinking this may be true. Anyone else know anything?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:13 AM

I got amber leds, look OK with yellow fogs. Also yellow hi beams have to be used quite often, too many idiots on the road.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by DOODOOCHIP
I got amber leds, look OK with yellow fogs. Also yellow hi beams have to be used quite often, too many idiots on the road.
Yeah I got a pair of ambers too, they look ok but I think I prefer the white led over amber. Unless I can come up with a way to maybe mod the amber bulbs just a bit to match better.

Lol dude @ idiots on road..you're not kidding!!

I confess, I did use the hi beams recently on this one lady who wasnt moving and I went around her, she high beams ME (for wanting to drive at least the speed limit I guess??)

I cant stand these people sometimes... I made sure to slow down, get back behind her and give her dose of hi beams and that yellow looked bright and she looked really scared haha