5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Data Scan II

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:55 PM

Nissan Data Scan II

Does anyone has basic parameter for Nissan Data Scan II for 2001 maxima ?

I can't get the software to connect and the support from the NDSII forum is ....

I have order a new cable, so I have yet to see if it's the cable, my laptop is set-up properly and see the cable but the NDSII doesn't connect with both of the maxima ECU I have, I have also try to connect to My 2014 Frontier which is supported by NDSII and same result.

If anyone can get in and perhaps post some setting or share experience that would be a start.

P.S: My maxima project has been stalled for months and until I can reprogram the key for the new ECU the car won't go very far.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Here is my max project link: http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/5...n-project.html
Old 06-19-2014, 06:57 AM

Since I just ordered NDS2 I don't want to confuse you -- but I have NDS1 and I like it. I'm looking forward to the NDS2 upgrade.

It looks like the user manual for NDS2 contains a lot of good setup information.

Which cable did you just order? What type of OS are you using on your laptop?

I plan to test key reprogramming (on my 99 I30) once I get a get the correct cable and purchase NDS2.

Since the 4th gens contain both 14 pin (OBDI Consult style) and 16 pin (OBDII) plugs, I've been able to use my existing ECUTalk 14 pin cable with NDS1.

For NDS1 I changed the ECU connection ID to ED from EF then selected the 96 Z car option. Again, I don't want to confuse you with NDS1 and the connection parameter/option changes I made to use it with the 14 pin cable.

I do have confidence that I will be able to get NDS2 working with my 4th gen when I get the correct cable and NDS2 installed on my computer. While I am behind you on timing, I will be glad to share anything I learn during the installation.

BTW - Great looking project!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM

Thanks for your response.

I have a PC laptop running windows 7, (current with updates) I have a Blazt cable, but I order another cable few days ago:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310651623301?item=310651623301&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
I have read a good amount of informations on the books but I'll go true it over the week-end. I have set-up the NDS II software as recommended and change few parameter but nothing that allow to connect to ECU on both car(2k1 Max and 2k14 Frontier)

Please keep in touch with me when you get the NDSII, your experience using NDSI will be helpful, I cross my finger and hope the cable is the culprit.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:31 PM

I just received my kkl vag cable and NDS2. im able to connect under the OBD tab, but when I connect under the ECM tab, it disconnects as soon as I push one of the buttons. Anyone else with these problems?

In terms of drivers, I'm running win7, and could not use Ross tech, had to go with CH341 in order for wiindows to recognize the cable.

car is 00 max
Old 06-30-2014, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by doublea
Thanks for your response.

I have a PC laptop running windows 7, (current with updates) I have a Blazt cable, but I order another cable few days ago:
KKL VAG com 409 1 OBD 2 II USB Diagnostic Cable Auto Scan Scanner Tool Interface | eBay

I have read a good amount of informations on the books but I'll go true it over the week-end. I have set-up the NDS II software as recommended and change few parameter but nothing that allow to connect to ECU on both car(2k1 Max and 2k14 Frontier)

Please keep in touch with me when you get the NDSII, your experience using NDSI will be helpful, I cross my finger and hope the cable is the culprit.
That looks like the same cable I ordered from China. It's on a slow boat for sure. I bet it will be next week before it arrives.