5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

NWP 75 mm throttle body installed, first thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:02 PM

NWP 75 mm throttle body installed, first thoughts

I just wanted to say besides the threading issue which was addressed by Aaron which I fixed by threading the bolts through the other side the install was super easy.

The biggest improvement I found was how more punchy my car felt. It really improved acceleration. I haven't tried it on the highway but imagine the rpms will climb a lot more.

Anyone else install one yet? Thoughts?
Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 PM

I want one for the 05 max, can you post a video for us?
Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 PM
a.k.a. STuNtMAN

pics of the install and all please
Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 AM

Please record a video when you get on the highway.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 AM

Isn't the video just as bad as racing illegally? I'd consult the Moderators before posting anything that pertains to high speeds on public roads to prevent any kind of penalties.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics
Isn't the video just as bad as racing illegally? I'd consult the Moderators before posting anything that pertains to high speeds on public roads to prevent any kind of penalties.
No one mentioned breaking the speed limit.

It is not illegal to accelerate a vehicle and video tape it...
Old 07-28-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by nismopc

Relax home boy. I was just bringing it to his attention. I'm just saying if he was to do it how do you know he's going to stop at the speed limit and not exceed it? Isn't the purpose of the "performance mod" to give gains? And yes it is illegal in every state to have a hand held device while operating any vehicle. Instead of jumping on what I said why not give him some advice like have someone record it while you're driving and obeying the speed limit.

I will never understand why you bullies pick fight on such small topics and make nothing outta something. You're a senior so I think you should act like one. Little disputes like this turns into huge arguments and this site just have too much of it. Just saying
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 AM

^ Are you a cop? Just wondering.

Don't you think your punchyness is because you're letting more
air in with the same amount of throttle?

Easy way to test it is a vacuum gauge and do a before and after.
I don't know anything about these engines but everyone says wow what a difference
because they're basically opening up the throttle more with less pedal.

Test it out!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM

Here's a video I did after a week of it being on the car... I've since replaced the pipe between the MAF and TB with a 3.5" piece. Was a 3 inch in the video.... Seems to have a little more of a whistle to it now.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 PM

^^He's speeding in this video.
someone give him a ticket!
Old 07-28-2013, 02:48 PM

I'm just saying if he was to do it how do you know he's going to stop at the speed limit and not exceed it? Isn't the purpose of the "performance mod" to give gains? And yes it is illegal in every state to have a hand held device while operating any vehicle. Instead of jumping on what I said why not give him some advice like have someone record it while you're driving and obeying the speed limit.
As long as he is (a) not restricting another person's rights / putting someone else in danger (e.g. through bodily harm) AND (b) prepared to face the consequences of his actions by breaking the law (e.g. tickets or other legal proceedings), the speed he drives is his choice.

Performance modifications do not only/always give "gains" in terms of speed. Increased mid-range torque or lower fuel consumption are two examples. Gains can be felt in many ways without driving fast: acceleration, top gear passing/flexibility, throttle response, etc.

Would a handheld device include a cellular telephone? (Hint: yes) Because I am pretty sure operating one of those - whether wise or not - is not illegal everywhere. Thus, with certain states or localities allowing speeds on certain roads of 75-85 mph, one could theoretically drive at a high speed while using a handheld device while completely being within the letter of the law. I personally think drivers should drive - and only drive - and that films should be taken from a fixed camera, both for safety and film quality. But again, what do I have to say about what another person does? Nothing, as long as conditions (a) and (b) are met.

Sorry for getting OT, but some prudish and misleading comments really bother me.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:51 PM

Relax home boy. I was just bringing it to his attention. I'm just saying if he was to do it how do you know he's going to stop at the speed limit and not exceed it? Isn't the purpose of the "performance mod" to give gains? And yes it is illegal in every state to have a hand held device while operating any vehicle. Instead of jumping on what I said why not give him some advice like have someone record it while you're driving and obeying the speed limit.

I will never understand why you bullies pick fight on such small topics and make nothing outta something. You're a senior so I think you should act like one. Little disputes like this turns into huge arguments and this site just have too much of it. Just saying
SRSLY?!? WTH is this crap!?! You insinuated he was going to speed on video, insinuated he was going to use a handheld camera and not mounted device, and then insinuated I was your home boy?

Being a senior member has nothing to do with how someone feels the need to instigate an argument or make assumptions before they occur. I simply stated that there was NO mention of any of the actions you assumed were to occur nor any reason why OP needed to contact the moderators.

And it is NOT illegal in every state to have handheld devices while operating a vehicle. Quite a blanket statement if you ask me.

Moving on...

Old 07-28-2013, 03:40 PM

This thread went way off topic here but it was interesting, hah.. I agree with the last 2 post tho and what you do is your own action and responsibility right?, no moderator here is gonna care. This is what we do on these forums. help and show people.

Thanks for posting the video, car sounds pretty good, looks like a decent mod.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:47 PM

SRSLY?!? WTH is this crap!?! You insinuated he was going to speed on video, insinuated he was going to use a handheld camera and not mounted device, and then insinuated I was your home boy?

Being a senior member has nothing to do with how someone feels the need to instigate an argument or make assumptions before they occur. I simply stated that there was NO mention of any of the actions you assumed were to occur nor any reason why OP needed to contact the moderators.

And it is NOT illegal in every state to have handheld devices while operating a vehicle. Quite a blanket statement if you ask me.

Moving on...

So do you see what's going on here? Someone just posted the exact video that I was trying to avoid from being posted without me even having to say anything to warn him. If I'm not mistaken he hit top speeds of 140mph while holding a hand held device. Now as a senior what do you think will happen when the moderators sees this? Ok man you win.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM

Right!!!

It's not bullies, it's people that feel compelled to pick apart what someone is doing when it's not hurting anyone. You can't live life based on hypothetical possibility of something bad happening. Hence the guy asking you if you were a cop (which I doubt). This is a car site, not a "feel like I should direct everyone site."

Originally Posted by blue_magicSE
^^He's speeding in this video.
someone give him a ticket!
Jason is all over it. He's doing a civilian investigation as we speak...
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM

So do you see what's going on here? Someone just posted the exact video that I was trying to avoid from being posted without me even having to say anything to warn him. If I'm not mistaken he hit top speeds of 140mph while holding a hand held device. Now as a senior what do you think will happen when the moderators sees this? Ok man you win.
I take it your favorite movie is "Kicka$$?"
Old 07-28-2013, 04:04 PM

MrJasonlyrics.......

This why I hardly come on here anymore. Dont even waste your time responding anymore...let mods just ban them.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
MrJasonlyrics.......

This why I hardly come on here anymore. Dont even waste your time responding anymore...let mods just ban them.
I hear you bro. I too have slowed down because of this but I still poke my nose in once every so often to see what's good with this site. I mean how hard is it, rules are rules and the site forbids you post anything like this. Oh well. I'm out.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Wow 140mph.... Really.... I don't ever remember going that fast..... I know the limitations of me and my car and don't dare exceed them. I see myself letting off at about 90 mph.

A: This road is for authorized personnel only, no traffic, no laws broken, so pump the brakes on that.
2: I haven't had a traffic infraction in almost 10 years.... I know when and where to do certain things and a street or highway is no place to do what I did.

Also thanks for the complement, the TB works well with the 5 Piece Spacer kit and BOP.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:16 PM

How could a bigger throttle body make any kinda of difference if the air still has to make it thru the same intake manifold. If you wanted to do it right wouldn't you change both?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:21 PM

The stock IM is decent with the stock TB. With the BBTB the IM is pretty much worked to the max. Which is why you see more gains with the SSIM. That would be the next step assuming you would have the means to tune at that point.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by CauzinDrama
YouTube

Here's a video I did after a week of it being on the car... I've since replaced the pipe between the MAF and TB with a 3.5" piece. Was a 3 inch in the video.... Seems to have a little more of a whistle to it now.
WTH is that green light between the speedometer and the tachometer??

Old 07-28-2013, 05:51 PM

Oh hahaha..... I wish I had a 6spd
Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Its your gears, So the green light is a D so naturally it is in Drive.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30

Its your gears, So the green light is a D so naturally it is in Drive.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
MrJasonlyrics.......

"Ban them?" HAHAHAHA, wow man, that is a ridiculous statement.

I hear you bro. I too have slowed down because of this but I still poke my nose in once every so often to see what's good with this site. I mean how hard is it, rules are rules and the site forbids you post anything like this. Oh well. I'm out.
Based on your posts, I'd imagine you guys have slowed down on the ol' site because your nap times and Matlock reruns get in the way.

I get what you're saying there Mrinternetzpolice, but seriously. Are you gonna run around every thread making sure everyone is in perfect cooperation with the sites rules and regs? Okay Hot Fuzz.

Who are you again? Oh, you're a guy that has 1300 posts and has been here longer. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, you better police all the newer people on here. Don't you think that the mods know how to ya know, MOD? Go take your Geritol and blood pressure medicine now, because we all know policing the "netz punks" is stressful proposition.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 PM

Lol I think he's making a point that it's an autotragic
Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 PM

Holy fock! What about the throttle body? When things go off topic. it seems like a dingy taking on water with a hose in the pilot's mouth.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:35 PM

From traffic violations to transmissions in 3 posts.... Lol... Who cares about the TB..... Lmao.

I think the TB is well worth the money if you plan doing more than just the TB or have done other mod to complement it already.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 PM

I'm very happy with mine.

More third gear chirps than ever before and installation was a breeze.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 PM

YouTube

What other parts do you have on the ride?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:15 PM

So did anyone have any input with respect to the large throttle kit?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:23 PM

NWP BOP, NWP 5 Piece Thermal Spacer kit, custom WAI, and Flowmaster muffler. NGK Laser plugs help a bit with premium fuel with Lucas additive.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 PM

Whats the biggest difference that you feel?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Throttle response and the constant pulling when it shifts into 2nd and 3rd gear. The power is always there after 3000 rpm. This week I'm going to test the fuel efficiency portion of it.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:46 PM

Throttle response and the constant pulling when it shifts into 2nd and 3rd gear. The power is always there after 3000 rpm. This week I'm going to test the fuel efficiency portion of it.
So, it gets rid of the little delay when you step on the gas?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 PM

Yes
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM

Thanks, I will be buying it to compliment my other mods.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 AM

I'm very happy with mine.

More third gear chirps than ever before and installation was a breeze.
Third gear chirps!?!?! Dam, I be jelly...

Guess ill wait some more until I have enough saved up to do the plugs, spacers, and this new TB then. Yay for being a broke college student
Old 07-29-2013, 02:36 AM
a.k.a. STuNtMAN

Originally Posted by theblackone3.5
So, it gets rid of the little delay when you step on the gas?
in order to get rid of the throttle delay you have to get yourself a sprint booster.......bigger TB will make it respond better but the delay will still be there....sprint booster takes care of that issue, i know because i have one in my 02 max

Quick Reply: NWP 75 mm throttle body installed, first thoughts