5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have a part # for heat seat relay or fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 AM

Anyone have a part # for heat seat relay or fuse?

Firstly where is the relay or fuse located? Neither seat heater work. Car is an 03. I checked courtesy but only found the switch or heating element. Any help? Thanks in advance
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 AM

Do you have an owners or service manual?

Look under steering wheel by your left knee (as driver) and check your fuse. Relays are in engine bay, fuse is inside.

Are you switches lighting up?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by noahrexion
Do you have an owners or service manual?

Look under steering wheel by your left knee (as driver) and check your fuse. Relays are in engine bay, fuse is inside.

Are you switches lighting up?
Yea I know where the fuse is by your left knee but don't know which one to check. I have no idea where my owners manual went lol
The drivers side button bulb went out but the passenger side lights up but doesnt turn on.
I might just stop by Nissan tomorrow and check before work.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:48 PM

There is no relay for the heated seats. The seats use fuse # 9, a 10 amp fuse. It is in the top row, 3rd from the right end.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
There is no relay for the heated seats. The seats use fuse # 9, a 10 amp fuse. It is in the top row, 3rd from the right end.
Thank you. Just saved me a trip.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM

Well ****! I have the correct fuse but I did not see any #9 down by the knee. It's an 03 altima 3.5 so I figured the fuse locations would be pretty much the same.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by VQMagic
Well ****! I have the correct fuse but I did not see any #9 down by the knee. It's an 03 altima 3.5 so I figured the fuse locations would be pretty much the same.
It turns out that the Altima is vastly different from the Maxima. The Altima uses a relay for the heated seats and fuse # 29.

The relay is is next to the top left corner of the in dash fuse panel. In this fuse panel, check fuse # 12. It is used to energize the relay. I hope Nissan molded the numbers in the plastic like in the Maxima because I am not sure of the orientation of the fuse panel. My best guess is that fuse 12 is the one in the lower right corner.

Fuse 29 is a 15 amp and is in the under hood fuse box. Starting at the rear fender side corner, it is the 3rd position. Position 2 is empty.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
It turns out that the Altima is vastly different from the Maxima. The Altima uses a relay for the heated seats and fuse # 29.

The relay is is next to the top left corner of the in dash fuse panel. In this fuse panel, check fuse # 12. It is used to energize the relay. I hope Nissan molded the numbers in the plastic like in the Maxima because I am not sure of the orientation of the fuse panel. My best guess is that fuse 12 is the one in the lower right corner.

Fuse 29 is a 15 amp and is in the under hood fuse box. Starting at the rear fender side corner, it is the 3rd position. Position 2 is empty.
I assumed and am kicking myself now lol. Got the fuses for free though so can't complain.
An No Nissan didn't mold the label into the plastic.. There is a black guideline but it doesn't mention anything about the seats or heaters. I'm going to copy n paste your response and email it to myself. Thanks again bro. Will report back tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM

Here are drawings of the two fuse blocks.

This is the one in the dash

This is a close up drawing of the dash fuse block

This is the under hood fuse block
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM

Got it. Was missing a 15a fuse on drivers side fuse panel under the hood. Now to fix the led bulbs the switches have inside them.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Got it. Was missing a 15a fuse on drivers side fuse panel under the hood. Now to fix the led bulbs the switches have inside them.
they don't have LEDs in them...at least the 5.5gen maxima doesn't. It's a tiny incandescent bulb. If you want to do LED, you can, just remember to orient it properly and use a resistor or you'll blow the LED. Better to just disassemble the switch, pop the current incandescent bulb, go to the parts store, grab another bulb and wire the leads the same way on the rubber thing. Reinstall and enjoy.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Bump! I replaced the lights in each switch only to find out that there are two bulbs in each one. I need the bulb that makes them illuminate when you turn the headlights on. Any help? It has like a little condom on it. lol
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned

Bump! I replaced the lights in each switch only to find out that there are two bulbs in each one. I need the bulb that makes them illuminate when you turn the headlights on. Any help? It has like a little condom on it. lol
Radio shack 12v mini lamps or do a 3mm led and 1/8w resistor
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM

Well someone deleted their comment. Gave me the wrong P/N for the light bulb that illuminates when the headlights are turned on.. Either way I fried my driver side switch so gotta get a new one now. The little copper sliding thing bent to hell. No connection moving it with my finger.