5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:03 PM

help!!

I don't know what to do.... Car sputtering and stalling hot or cold.. Have error codes P0731,P0732,P0733,P1320,P1168,P0135,P0141 all at the same time... Suggestions?? I don't wanna get rid of my MAx...
Old 10-28-2012, 04:15 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

You have a misfire, what did you do to the car before it started, when did it start, an what troubleshooting have you done so far?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 PM

I had it checked cause it was iddling rough,checked da coils but couldn't figure out which 1 it was yet,he told me b prepared cause one or multiple coils were going out. The stalling happened recently,letting it warm up isn't helping anymore cause it still won't idle or accelerate like its supposed to. Had the codes read recently cause I don't need the car stalling wit my kids in it,I wouldnt want to b hit from it stalling out in traffic.. I need to know where to start or to just let her go...
Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Do you have a Ohm meter? Sounds like a bad coil, the O2 faults are likely from that as well. You need to test the coils to see which one crapped out. There are other ways to do this, but an ohm meter would be best.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:35 PM

I can get one from my neighbor.. Ill b sure to check them again.. what about the 1st,2nd & 3rd gear codes that are coming up?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:51 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

I'll reply back once I have a chance to look at my FSM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by mtrai760
I'll reply back once I have a chance to look at my FSM.
Ok,Thanks..
Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Check your transmission fluid level first. Your transmission is failing to shift properly. If its topped off you can try clearing codes and see what comes back, however your transmission is likely toast, sorry. You can try taking it by a shop that specializes in transmissions, however it would probably be cheaper to just put a used transmission in it. Depends on what else its doing though, hard to diagnose over teh internets. Has it been slipping at all? Any trouble wit the torque converter lockup? Any previous transmission issues?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

When did you last change your spark plugs? Was it at the time of last service? As far as the ignition coils your best bet is to purchase one new OEM front and one new OEM rear coil.

Interchange/replace these one by one until you see a change in running condition or SES codes. If it runs better then that ignition coil is one of your bad ones. You likely have multiple bad coils so keep purchasing and exchanging them until all the bad ones are gone.

This should clear up your misfiring issues.

As far as your transmission, it is best to drain, drop the pan and check for shavings. If there is a significant amount of shavings your transmission might be toast. You can post the picture of the shavings in the pan on here so we can look at it and evaluate. Refill with some fresh ATF to see how that changes anything.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Plugs were changed 2yrs ago and the ones they took out weren't even for my car.. Transmission had issues last year but it was due to a bad speed sensor..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM

I would get the engine running smoothly first. The P1320 code could be the result of several bad coils, but it could also be the result of a bad crankshaft position sensor, CKPS (REF) that sensed the markings on the crankshaft pulley.

You fix the P1320 problem and get the engine running smoothly again, you have a possibility that the other codes (O2 sensors and tranny shifting) will also disappear.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 AM

Pull all your coil packs and inspect for splits in the boots.....If you have spark leakage you'll need new coilpacks or you can try wrapping with some high quality electrical tape and wiping each coilpack inner boot with dielectric grease to contain as much spark as possible...good luck!This is not a permanent fix but will last for a while....
Old 10-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally Posted by Hillsboromax
Plugs were changed 2yrs ago and the ones they took out weren't even for my car.. Transmission had issues last year but it was due to a bad speed sensor..
Pull plugs and check them. They may need to be replaced, definitely replace if they are not platinum. Use this chart as a reference when you check the plugs.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm