5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Part number for air filter holder

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 AM

Part number for air filter holder

I did the ghetto air box mod and drilled into my air filter holder, but I need a stock one to put back in for when I bring the car to the mechanic. I'm looking for the same part as this guy, http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...lder-5-5g.html and have searched but can't find it anywhere. VQ30dek maxima, if that makes a difference. I haven't been able to find it on courtesy parts, even though I'm sure its there. A little help would be great.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Banned

http://www.courtesyparts.com/16526-a...3-p-54152.html

Old 06-15-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by designate72
I did the ghetto air box mod and drilled into my air filter holder, but I need a stock one to put back in for when I bring the car to the mechanic.
Why? It won't void any warranty you may have. I leave mine in and have taken it to the dealership... doubt they even notice.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM

My mechanic isn't a dealership, but he used to be a Nissan master tech. Anyhow, he speaks his mind and isn't so fond of modders with so called regular cars. He will ask me what kind of s*** stupid idea this was and why I thought I needed to make the max a race car. The guy is funny, but he will give me all kinds of crap for this so I figure it is probably easier if he doesn't know. Of course, for $70 I might have to just deal with it. I'm already not looking foreword to the time I have to ask him to install new headers and a RSB, but this guy is the best mechanic in town and doesn't charge much at all. Basically, I'm just trying to avoid looking like an idiot to this guy because I'm going to need his help and advice in the near future.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 PM

I located mine, the guy in the other thread never responded to my pm. If your interested just shoot me a pm.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM
dot dot dot ...

My mechanic isn't a dealership, but he used to be a Nissan master tech. Anyhow, he speaks his mind and isn't so fond of modders with so called regular cars. He will ask me what kind of s*** stupid idea this was and why I thought I needed to make the max a race car. The guy is funny, but he will give me all kinds of crap for this so I figure it is probably easier if he doesn't know. Of course, for $70 I might have to just deal with it. I'm already not looking foreword to the time I have to ask him to install new headers and a RSB, but this guy is the best mechanic in town and doesn't charge much at all. Basically, I'm just trying to avoid looking like an idiot to this guy because I'm going to need his help and advice in the near future.
I already don't like your mechanic.

This forum is better than your mechanic.

But, you need to have the time to dedicate to your car and do research on here. Arm yourself with the FSM and life becomes even easier.

There are tons for sale, but the first pic has the number you need, order it from there, or go to your local Nissan dealer and ask for.

Or asck aackshun, he will get it for you.

Or www.car-part.com
Old 06-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the good ideas. I don't think the mechanic means to be the way he is, but between being a very practical person and speaking his mind, it comes across as if he doesn't like engine modification at all. He doesn't seem to get the "fun" factor, and thinks a daily driver just needs to get from a to b. The funny thing is, he was a race car driver and tuner for quite a while and I believe he actually won some small stuff. I guess his philosophy is that race cars belong on the track and not the road though, cause he himself drives a crazy old ford. Still, he's a pretty funny and genuine dude, better than the dealership at least.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the good ideas. I don't think the mechanic means to be the way he is, but between being a very practical person and speaking his mind, it comes across as if he doesn't like engine modification at all. He doesn't seem to get the "fun" factor, and thinks a daily driver just needs to get from a to b. The funny thing is, he was a race car driver and tuner for quite a while and I believe he actually won some small stuff. I guess his philosophy is that race cars belong on the track and not the road though, cause he himself drives a crazy old ford. Still, he's a pretty funny and genuine dude, better than the dealership at least.
I would say who gives a ****, Im paying you to work on my car, and a RSB truely can do that on your own, Headers also but yeah they can be a Pain in the @$$ to install....Good Luck....
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 PM

I suppose I can pull the "I'm paying you do what I say", but I would still like to be on good terms with the guy. I'll try the RSB on my own I guess, thing is I'm also looking to buy an old and abused z31 for $800, and will need advice and help then. Of course, there's another shop that gets good reviews so perhaps I'll try them.