5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman Performance - Major Changes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Cattman Performance - Major Changes!

Cattman Performance – Major change is on the way

As some of you are aware, I’ve become increasingly involved over the last couple years with other business activities, and the amount of time I have to manage Cattman Performance has steadily diminished. There’s no time for marketing, I’m hardly ever on the forums, and we’re way behind on new product development. It’s frustrating because I don’t like to do anything half-way, but putting more time into Cattman is not an option.

I’ve recently been invited to join an international consulting group based outside of the US. Accepting that position will involve a lot of travelling, and operating Cattman Performance will become impossible, even on the part time basis that it operates under now. In fact, we’ll be closed for two weeks this month (08 September through 26 September) while I’m on an overseas assignment.

CP was the first company to dedicate itself to Maxima performance products and, as most of you know, we’ve earned a strong reputation for developing some of the best performance parts ever made for this car, as well as a unique approach to serving and educating our customers – light on websites and social media, with a strong emphasis on effective one-on-one communication.

After building and operating the business for 14 years, we’re nearing the end of an era in terms of ownership, but it doesn’t have to mean the end of Cattman Performance and our outstanding product and customer service traditions. I’m not going to shut the doors and turn off the phones without trying to find capable a new owner, and my goal is to accomplish that before the end of October.

For the right individual or partnership with time, energy and resources to invest, this would be a fantastic opportunity. The new owner(s) of Cattman Performance would walk in the first morning with an established reputation, excellent supplier relationships, ownership of the tooling for our entire line of exhaust products, a 4000+ person customer database, a lean parts inventory, and the kind of respect and goodwill that money and advertising can’t buy. There’d be no reason to relocate to Tucson because the company can be operated from just about anywhere. Stop and think about it. The amount of time, resources, and blood, sweat and tears that would be required for a new company to create this cannot be measured.

So, there are two messages I want to get across:

First, if you’ve ever wanted to take your interest in automotive performance up to another level, and possibly be very successful at it, purchasing Cattman Performance is a unique and unequalled opportunity. I won’t discuss the terms of sale publicly, but I’ll be glad to cover this in a private conversation, preferably by appointment so I can give it my undivided attention. Call, PM, or email ASAP and we can set something up. I’m happy to talk with individuals, partnerships, and even owners of existing performance businesses.

Second, I’m not going to start anything I can’t finish, so I want our customers to be confident that all projects underway (we’re going into header and y-pipe production runs now) will be completed. However, until a new owner is identified I cannot say when, or IF, the next production run will occur, so it needs to be recognized that this could be the last time these parts are made. Those of you who know our work, also know that there are no substitutes on the market for our parts.

If you’ve always wanted a Cattman header for 95-08 Maxima, or a y-pipe for your 95-99 Maxima (plus ’00s with Federal emissions), the production that begins next week and finishes in October could be the last opportunity. It would be a good idea to pull the funds together and place an order by the end of the day on 07 September, because I’m leaving the country the next morning and will be out of touch for two weeks (production will be too far along by the time I’m back to add more units).

We still have a few 3” catbacks for 00-03 Maximas (and 00-04 I30/I35s), and y-pipes for 5.5 gen Maximas and I35s in stock now, so unless there’s enough demand to make more this Fall, they could be the last available too.

We can be reached at 800.759.9920 (US) and 888.296.5153 (Canada and AZ), and our hours are 9-5 MST/PDT (west coast time).
Old 09-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Best of luck to you. I personally haven't purchased anything from you (I don't have any go-fast parts...), but your reputation on the Org is one of the best.

I wish you the best.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Happy for you, Brian.

Bummer for the Maxima community. I hope someone can fill your shoes and keep it going... seems like a great investment opportunity.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM

wow, seems like this is starting to become a trend with the maxima driven performance companies.

I wish I could take on something like that, it seems like a golden opportunity to take over a well established, reputable company. Some of the biggest risks with business ownership are in the beginning stages.

Good luck with all, I can only imagine how well this overseas consulting thing is.

+1 with roch this is a great investment opportunity.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 AM

Best of luck with your new job. Thanks for putting time and effort into the maxima community.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Got Retrofit?

Lord, let me win the lotto lol

Good luck with everything. Hopefully, someone can step up to the plate.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Best of luck Brian..If i didn't have your header/Y & 3"exhaust setup now, i would definitely be acquiring it now before its to late. Thanks for the Great Product! Hopefully Cattman Performance will stay open and the (maybe) new owner will be as reputable as you were.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:44 PM

It would be a dream come true for me to take over a business like this. I wish you were doing this three years down the road when I'm going to be out of college.

Best of luck in your other business ventures. It would be great for someone to take over the business and keep making these products for the community.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
^ Jeff™

Best of luck, Brian. Hopefully someone can step up and take over & provide the same reputable service/products everyone knows Cattman Performance to possess.

...and at least keep in touch with us.

-Jeff
Old 09-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Stickers!! I want stickers!! I never did get them with my catback!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 PM

DAM.......time to buy a 350z/G35
Old 09-02-2011, 04:38 PM

Good luck, Brian. I guess this is indeed the end of an era.

ranmas, it's 350z for you...Genesis for me lol
Old 09-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun
We were supposed to get stickers?!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Wish you the best Brian. Great product, great customer service, one of the best vendor i ever dealt with.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 PM

Wish you the Best of Luck, Glad I'm on the list for the Headers, and already got the Fastcat and your 3'' Exhaust....
Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 PM

How much for a fed spec 2000 y-pipe?

I really hope someone in the Maxima community can purchase Cattman. Contact NWP and other Maxima/Nissan companies and see if they're interested.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned

This can't be real ...... ..
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
L36

Its a real shame. I do not own any Cattman products, but this news is a bummer.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Wish you the best of luck, helped me out once on some loose parts before, great guy, Can we still put in a order for headers? Or it's too late?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904

I really hope someone in the Maxima community can purchase Cattman. Contact NWP and other Maxima/Nissan companies and see if they're interested.
That would be a PERFECT marriage IMO

Originally Posted by L36
Its a real shame. I do not own any Cattman products, but this news is a bummer.
There's no time like the present!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
L36

Originally Posted by Nexus67
That would be a PERFECT marriage IMO

There's no time like the present!
I already have a Greddy EVO 2 exaust along with a new y-pipe. I'm a college student, cont fork out the cabbage right now... Headers would be nice...
Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by L36
I already have a Greddy EVO 2 exaust along with a new y-pipe. I'm a college student, cont fork out the cabbage right now... Headers would be nice...
I hear you. I already have the Cattman y and I STILL want the headers. Time may force my hand
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

YES, absolutely there is time to order any of the header applications we make. They are in the earliest stages of production now (i.e. ordering steel) but I don't need to finalize the numbers until next Wednesday. All orders will require the 30% deposit we normally collect when production begins, with the balance due upon completion during the first half of October.

Brian
Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Get my email?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Sorry to hear. Glad ur making it n this economy but sad to c u go. I've acquired everything u guys sell outside of coils and fastest, and have been satisfied with every piece. Man....
Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart
We were supposed to get stickers?!
No, I was because I was the last to receive the catback, I said it's whatev's just slide some stickers in the box and I'm cool
Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
$365, call Cattman before 9.7.2011
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 AM

This would be a perfect opportunity for alot of us that have this love for the Maxima, I believe there's someone/Group that has interest in this Super Reputable Company with a cult following like no other! I love your products and your laid back personality Brian and I'm a firm believer that this company is still waiting to explode into even more greatness and maybe we can look at starting 2012 off with a new owner.....that would perfect timing IMO......I got alot of your products and I've enjoyed them all.....I believe there's more to come for other brands besides Maxima's and this would be perfect for a young energitic person with a lotta good ideas for new products such as a Cold airbox with a JWT popcharger inside....PNP tuner such as those for Domestic cars.....all kinds of great things.....2 lines of exhaust Sport or Tour (for us guys that don't like too much rumble)....lot's of things to grow on including Frontiers, Titans, M45's, etc......$$$$$$$$$$$$$......I'm tired of working for someone else right now as it is and maybe this is it.....and I just don't know it.....? Thanks for all the talks and parts Brian, You're AWESOME!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Wow, looks like this is gonna put a dent in my plans for the winter.

And with the possibility of nothing going on once you come back into the country we have to place deposits by this Wednesday coming up ? Brutal !
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cattman
YES, absolutely there is time to order any of the header applications we make. They are in the earliest stages of production now (i.e. ordering steel) but I don't need to finalize the numbers until next Wednesday. All orders will require the 30% deposit we normally collect when production begins, with the balance due upon completion during the first half of October.

Brian
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but how much are the going for? 2003 5.5 Gen.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
6spd Swapped

Uhhhhhhhh how about Aaron from NWP take over Cattman? That would be pretty ideal, put the two best Maxima part manufacturing companies together.

I wish my shop was open and operational already, otherwise I'd gladly take this on.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03VQMAX
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but how much are the going for? 2003 5.5 Gen.

Price is a header/y-pipe system is $817 for 02/03 Maximas, including max.org discount.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Its not appropriate for me to discuss who I've talked to (or haven't talked to) about purchasing Cattman Performance, but I can say that NWP/Cattman seems like it would be a good fit. Aaron's integrity is second to none, and he knows the business (and Maxima community).

I'll also note that I've never had a shop, just some rented warehouse space. Keeps the overhead down during the lean months, and since 99% of my sales are outside of the area, it always seemed unnecessary.

Brian

Originally Posted by OHH NOES
Uhhhhhhhh how about Aaron from NWP take over Cattman? That would be pretty ideal, put the two best Maxima part manufacturing companies together.

I wish my shop was open and operational already, otherwise I'd gladly take this on.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:04 PM

When you find out whos taking over let us know!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:40 PM
6spd Swapped

Its not appropriate for me to discuss who I've talked to (or haven't talked to) about purchasing Cattman Performance, but I can say that NWP/Cattman seems like it would be a good fit. Aaron's integrity is second to none, and he knows the business (and Maxima community).

I'll also note that I've never had a shop, just some rented warehouse space. Keeps the overhead down during the lean months, and since 99% of my sales are outside of the area, it always seemed unnecessary.

Brian
If whoever the person is you want to take over for what ever reason can't do it and you can't find anyone I would gladly do it if I have my space by then. You can check my feedback on the G forums and NYC Maxima forums.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I want to emphasize we do not have any buyer lined up for the sale of the company at this time, it is WIDE OPEN for the first qualified party who wants to make a move.

Whomever is interested should contact us for more details. I just require that the terms of sale be kept confidential.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:10 PM
6spd Swapped

I want to emphasize we do not have any buyer lined up for the sale of the company at this time, it is WIDE OPEN for the first qualified party who wants to make a move.

Whomever is interested should contact us for more details. I just require that the terms of sale be kept confidential.
Ohhhhhhh, I thought you were saying you were speaking to someone about it already.

Sent you a PM.

Last edited by OHH NOES; 09-04-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I've spoken to a few people and companies, but until the process reaches a certain stage of commitment, its still wide open.

Brian
Old 09-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Does he still do those, seen them on some cars looks pretty Good, I wanted a couple....
Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 PM

I've spoken to a few people and companies, but until the process reaches a certain stage of commitment, its still wide open.

Brian
Best of luck to you. I hope you do find a buyer for your company. It would really suck to see such a well established company with such a following fade away into memories.

Quick Reply: Cattman Performance - Major Changes!