5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rally Stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
I don't know, that Porsche looks pretty good with that stripe on it...
Porsche always gets a pass, turning tacky into awesome because... well, because it's a Porsche. It has a deep racing history.

The Mini pulls it off, too, because right from the get-go Mini marketed their cars with decals, flags, etc.

But that BMW just looks dumb.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
But that BMW just looks dumb.

Better?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
You guys are forgetting that in the Honda world, racing stripes are good for 75 hp. Nissans are basically hondas. It's like adding a supercharger!

OP... Go crazy with it, green and black stripes on a silver car. Yeah... Please do it!!!!!
I'd be remiss without a friendly reprimand on that comment! DON'T EVER COMPARE NISSAN TO HONDA!!! To the best of my knowledge NO Honda production automobile has won a Championship in motor racing. Honda powered vehicles have, especially when it's the ONLY engine allowed in the racing series. Nissan (Datsun) on the other hand has a rich racing history see 2 such examples in these links on Pete Brock Racing and Bob Sharp racing. (below) I take a bit of personal offense since (according to Carfax) my Maxima originally came from Bob Sharp Nissan.

http://www.datsunhistory.com/BRE.html

http://www.datsunhistory.com/Sharp.html
Old 02-26-2011, 03:59 PM

You can buy this from us and stripe the crap out of it.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:00 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by BobPezz
I'd be remiss without a friendly reprimand on that comment! DON'T EVER COMPARE NISSAN TO HONDA!!! To the best of my knowledge NO Honda production automobile has won a Championship in motor racing. Honda powered vehicles have, especially when it's the ONLY engine allowed in the racing series. Nissan (Datsun) on the other hand has a rich racing history see 2 such examples in these links on Pete Brock Racing and Bob Sharp racing. (below) I take a bit of personal offense since (according to Carfax) my Maxima originally came from Bob Sharp Nissan.

http://www.datsunhistory.com/BRE.html

http://www.datsunhistory.com/Sharp.html
Good to see my E-sarcasm has excited some tempers.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:06 PM

GTO FTW!!!(No Stripes)
Old 02-26-2011, 04:48 PM

Dam Skippy!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:00 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

If it isn't this, don't stripe it.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Ha ha. And there's your answer, OP.

"Everyone look at me!! I put stripes on my Dad's car!"
That's Fugly!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Since this basically has turned into a thread of what kinds of cars racing stripes belong on.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Yes:

Yes:

NO:

Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM

You would be placed in the same catagory as:

See? The stripes make it look fast.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MAXXED_816
You would be placed in the same catagory as:

See? The stripes make it look fast.
I think that is expected of Honda owners, most Max owners should know better
Old 02-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Got Retrofit?

I figured you would support this mod.
No way lol At least the OBX sounded decent. The crap in this thread had obviously been done before and there's no way to make it look good.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:28 PM

[quote=MAXXED_816;7949066]

beast
Old 02-26-2011, 06:28 PM

on a maxima i would say no, but it really depends. I wanted something for my stealth but not just stripes. this is how it came out:
Old 02-26-2011, 07:57 PM

My idea was shot down 55 different times while I was at work. Lmfao thanks guys I'm stiiiiiillllll gonna do it. Sleeper is cool and all but I wanted the max since I could remember. And everyone's car is so similar. Just different mods and rims. I mean black, white grey, silver, gold.? Who's is faster? I would have to see the fail with my own eyes before I dont do something because someone else say's it's stupid or ghey ect. I want my car to be the epitome of my dream of an 02 6sp. But thanks for your opinions. Honestly..
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky Green
My idea was shot down 55 different times while I was at work. Lmfao thanks guys I'm stiiiiiillllll gonna do it. Sleeper is cool and all but I wanted the max since I could remember. And everyone's car is so similar. Just different mods and rims. I mean black, white grey, silver, gold.? Who's is faster? I would have to see the fail with my own eyes before I dont do something because someone else say's it's stupid or ghey ect. I want my car to be the epitome of my dream of an 02 6sp. But thanks for your opinions. Honestly..
Then why the **** did you ask?

If you actually have the money and ***** to do this, you'd better post back with some pictures man.

And I agree with the 'Copy your mod' bug that seems to be present around here. That's why I've worked so hard to make subtle changes outside of the standard modification prerequisites on this site.

Last edited by TunerMaxima3000; 02-26-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Man you guys are evil haha
Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
Then why the **** did you ask?

If you actually have the money and ***** to do this, you'd better post back with some pictures man.

And I agree with the 'Copy your mod' bug that seems to be present around here. That's why I've worked so hard to make subtle changes outside of the standard modification prerequisites on this site.
I'm saving now the guy is charging me 1750 for the car color to be toyota camry spruce mica and pin stripe lexus ls460 obsidian black. He does paint for a lot of guys here in Baltimore with cars that cost quadruple the amount of the max it's gonna look fuqin sick I cant wait. I just wish I had the money for rims 2

Last edited by Sneaky Green; 02-26-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 PM

after you do it, to really set it off, you should get some 20" by 10" rims with a 215 tire for some epic stretch. that would be pure hotness!

I'm saving now the guy is charging me 1750 for the car color to be lexus ls460 spruce mica and pin stripe obsidian black. He does paint for a lot of guys here in Baltimore with cars that cost quadruple the amount of the max it's gonna look fuqin sick I cant wait. I just wish I had the money for rims 2
Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
after you do it, to really set it off, you should get some 20" by 10" rims with a 215 tire for some epic stretch. that would be pure hotness!
............Naaaahhhh maybe you should trade your rims in and ride four spares instead. Get it, that's how that just sounded to me. I'm about performance also. I'm assuming you may think I'm trying to be flashy. I'm trying to be unique.

Last edited by Sneaky Green; 02-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by clashez1983
Even i couldn't do the stripes maybe the nismo one that goes from the hood to the fender depending on the color combo
ya nismo stripes if ANY stripes please please please!!!! please don't ruin a maxima..like it was previously stated..waste of money. maximas look best as low key sleeper not a rally race car.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM

If it came with stripes from factory then it looks guud. Cuz they know what looks good
Old 02-26-2011, 10:50 PM

I'm saving now the guy is charging me 1750 for the car color to be toyota camry spruce mica and pin stripe lexus ls460 obsidian black. He does paint for a lot of guys here in Baltimore with cars that cost quadruple the amount of the max it's gonna look fuqin sick I cant wait. I just wish I had the money for rims 2
So you're paying 1750 to rice your car out when for that kind of money you could drop it, buy some nice rims (350z track editions come to mind), an intake setup, a cattman exhaust, NWP spacers, and all of the etc.?

Maybe before you try and make it LOOK fast, you should make it BE somewhat fast. Just my two cents.

Once again, 5th gen section is the new 4th gen section.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 PM

People are gonna do what they do, he's putting stripes on his car, it's not my car so it's not my problem.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 PM

While your at it i think you should get a roof scoop, a cowl induction hood, and some underglow neon lights...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by clashez1983
Even i couldn't do the stripes
This solidifies it.

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
People are gonna do what they do, he's putting stripes on his car, it's not my car so it's not my problem.

I think the fear is more will do this and the 5th Gen Maxima name will get squandered. The 4th gens I see now-a-days are riced to hell, young owners who don't understand the fine line between looking good, and looking ricey and cheap. And from the pics emerging lately the 5th gen is well on it's way to the same status.

And we have no where to go to escape it anymore, except to diferent cars... cause who wants a 6th gen +?

Anyways I like that Green colour (mica), you can pull that off with a beige interior and it would be very unique for sure. I'd paint it that colour, and have him put the pin-stripe lines on for you (outlines, not actually paint yet), drive around like that for a while, and if you still want to stripe it after you see what it will actually look like, go nuts.

I'd be surprised if you do.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Professor
Man you guys are evil haha
YES!!! Its what keeps me checking in on a daily basis.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM

And we have no where to go to escape it anymore, except to diferent cars... cause who wants a 6th gen +?
The 6.0 gen Maxima 6MT SE is a better car than the 5.5 version. You can't deny that. It's the same mechanical design theme, but with noteworthy improvements in the transmission, brakes and suspension.

If you can just get past the crappy interior, the added weight, and the Altima-inspired exterior, then you've got one hell of a car there. More so if you swap out that stupid "tooth" grille.

Nah, I don't hate on the 6th gen, much. Respect where it's due.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Dude... A clean 6 speed max is hard enough to find as it is, please dont destroy this one with stripes. $1700 can be better spent on a decent set of wheels and some good suspension. Or better yet, save it for a rainy day.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:26 AM

The 6.0 gen Maxima 6MT SE is a better car than the 5.5 version. You can't deny that. It's the same mechanical design theme, but with noteworthy improvements in the transmission, brakes and suspension.

If you can just get past the crappy interior, the added weight, and the Altima-inspired exterior, then you've got one hell of a car there. More so if you swap out that stupid "tooth" grille.

Hard to get past that. You can make them look sexy though, there's no doubt about that. It's the constant adding of weight that makes me wish I could find a low-mileage non-rusted 4th gen. I'd rather go backwards in Maxima design than forward... I just hate heavy cars, they're not as much fun to drive.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:47 AM

Hard to get past that. You can make them look sexy though, there's no doubt about that. It's the constant adding of weight that makes me wish I could find a low-mileage non-rusted 4th gen. I'd rather go backwards in Maxima design than forward... I just hate heavy cars, they're not as much fun to drive.
Then what you really want is a 3rd gen. I love my car, and it's certainly fast, but the 3rd gen was the most fun Maxima ever.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Then what you really want is a 3rd gen. I love my car, and it's certainly fast, but the 3rd gen was the most fun Maxima ever.
I can respect that. But IMO, my 4th gen was more fun than my 3rd. I would rather have a black on black 95 SE 5MT, but a 94 SE VE 5MT also black on black is not that far behind on my favorites list.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 AM

correct I'm do for a new tranny also. Is it just as hard to find a 6th gen 6mt with HLSD as it is a 5.5 gen. I have HLSD now I kinda get too comfortable with the extra grip especially after I go to the car wash. I forget the wax is on my tires.

Last edited by Sneaky Green; 02-27-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 AM

This solidifies it.

I think the fear is more will do this and the 5th Gen Maxima name will get squandered. The 4th gens I see now-a-days are riced to hell, young owners who don't understand the fine line between looking good, and looking ricey and cheap. And from the pics emerging lately the 5th gen is well on it's way to the same status.

Anyways I like that Green colour (mica), you can pull that off with a beige interior and it would be very unique for sure. I'd paint it that colour, and have him put the pin-stripe lines on for you (outlines, not actually paint yet), drive around like that for a while, and if you still want to stripe it after you see what it will actually look like, go nuts.

I'd be surprised if you do.
Good Idea Tuner I just might do that. I like my black leather meridian pkge though.

Last edited by Sneaky Green; 02-27-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Waxima
So you're paying 1750 to rice your car out when for that kind of money you could drop it, buy some nice rims (350z track editions come to mind), an intake setup, a cattman exhaust, NWP spacers, and all of the etc.?

Maybe before you try and make it LOOK fast, you should make it BE somewhat fast. Just my two cents.

Once again, 5th gen section is the new 4th gen section.
I'm going to mod but the cost is a steal compared to the prices I was getting. 2500-7000k. I already have obx headers. The way I was looking at it was,how often do you get someone with a good price paint job that price and my car needs for it sure. Plus, it's not about looking fast bro it's just an idea for a look. You know as I stated before, I dont want to pull up to a light and see my car the same color and I go faster than the other car. It just looks as if I pulled hard and he didn't? Lame..Like tuner said do it and take pics to show the 5.5 community who has incrieble enorme cojones punto!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:33 AM

I just wish people on here stepped out of the box for once the 6th gen guys can do basically any thing to their cars to make them look nasty as **** in a good way of course, we are import/tuners whether we like it or not. The last max out of japan. Ricer means nothing to me. Creativity means everything. Not saying paint the car with cheetah print or crazy candy paint. It's people hear that fully mod their car and get bored and sell it. Make it unmistakable and unique.

/Thread

Last edited by Sneaky Green; 02-27-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 AM

I am all for people expressing themselves, but I just(personally) do it through my personality and talents- not through an object like my car.

There is a line between creativity and gaudiness, and it is not a fine line.

OP- get the stripes if you want, but also get prepared to get snickered at.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 AM

E-sarcasm, I like it! Not temper, just 'messin' with ya! Live by the sword...etc. But I'm with you on stripes Sparks. Here's 2 good examples.

Honda 600 "Sports Car" - Stripes (See it says HONDA GT right on em')

Datsun 2000 "Sports Car" - No Stripes

"And that's all I've got to say about that"

Last edited by BobPezz; 03-06-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Rally Stripes?