5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

PAS/DRV LOCK/UNLOCK, DRV Side Window Switch Problems,Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:09 PM

PAS/DRV LOCK/UNLOCK, DRV Side Window Switch Problems,Need Help!!

02 SE:
I am experiencing a few annoying problems with my driver and passenger side door lock/unlock switch as well as master windows switch controlling the pasenger side window. At the same time, I am trying to install a RS system - having tapped the correct lock/unlock wires but still couldn't lock/unlock using the aftermarket FOB. Anyways, here's what is known:

1) Doors will lock/unlock using factory FOB.
2) Master lock/unlock switch will not lock/unlock the doors with or without key inserted in the ignition cylinder. On random occasions, the master lock/unlock swtich seems to work hearing the clicks from the relay. after a few times of switching, it stops working. Passenger lock/unlock switch does not work also with/without key inserted. Perhaps this could be a relay issue.
3) passenger side window cannot be opened from the driver side master switch. the window rolls up and down fine from using the passenger side window switch.

If anyone experience the same problem, please let me know what you did to fix it. I haven't check all fuses yet so will do that next. I hoping not having to replace master switch and passenger lock/unlock switch. Or as a low probability, the SECU!!! Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:36 PM

anybody?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:01 PM

not sure what a RS system is but it looks like you need to start troubleshooting the system following a wiring diagram. maybe some of the wires in the drivers side door are damaged where they go from the door to the cab. does the key cylinder in the drivers door work to lock/unlock or roll up/down the windows?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ablackformula
not sure what a RS system is but it looks like you need to start troubleshooting the system following a wiring diagram. maybe some of the wires in the drivers side door are damaged where they go from the door to the cab. does the key cylinder in the drivers door work to lock/unlock or roll up/down the windows?
RS= Remote Start System
the key cylinder will manually (mechanical) unlock driver side door but will not all the passenger doors. the driver side window does roll up and down with full stroke lock/unlock turn.
I am hoping for an easy solution like a blown fuse or something like that and not something expensive like having to replace the master window control switch AND PAS door lock switch. I will try to follow the FSM for their recommended diagnostics in the mean time...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

Did you happen to place the diodes in the right way.I know this is a common problem when people try to install the Viper systems. also make sure you have it set up for Neg trigger and double pulse if you dont you risk cooking the BCM with the positive pulse from the RS system
Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Did you happen to place the diodes in the right way.I know this is a common problem when people try to install the Viper systems. also make sure you have it set up for Neg trigger and double pulse if you dont you risk cooking the BCM with the positive pulse from the RS system
diodes are in the right direction. and also RS System has been set to double pulse unlock. the screwy thing is that the viper arm/disarm will be lock/unlock WITH driver side door open but not when all the doors are closed.