5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I am about to punch a brick wall right now...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:14 PM

I am about to punch a brick wall right now...

the guy that i'm dealing with on here, i'm not going to disclose any names as he may be sincere, but i am highly frustrated. my car has been down now for about a month plus. what the mechanic and i figured was just a clutch job, ended up being that i needed a transmission. come to find out the bearing in teh 5th gen 5 speed transmission is pretty common to go out and cause issues, which i didnt know when i got this car, had i known, i probably wouldnt have got it.

but i made a deal with this guy to do a partial trade for this trans, cash plus some wheels. i sent the cash and held on to the rims as collateral, awaiting the arrival of the transmission and installation so i could send off the wheels and the transaction turn out good. well, according to the seller UPS called him back this past monday and told him that the transmission needed to be completely drained, as the seller and i discussed prior to transaction of the cash, he drained the transmission, so he thought. so he said he went to pick it up, and i figure ok a day to finish draining and the next day, he'll ship it out. well finally get back in contact with the guy today to see that it hasnt been shipped but that 'he's having a bit of a problem shipping the transmission'. this, i guess is what has ignited frustration.

it didnt seem before there was an issue, just that UPS didnt like leaky transmissions, but now its seems as a prolonging game, and i'm really hoping this guy is sincere, but at this point i want a refund back as i have now come across a local transmission, about an hour away so i can get my car back on the road.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:17 PM

im assuming you used Paypal for cash transactions for someone you don't really know?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:24 PM

yea i did, i mean at least i have that comfort, but even if this guy didnt send it back, it takes forever to get your money back
Old 08-05-2010, 01:28 PM

really?

ive always had good luck with them in returning the money in a timely manner (week or less).

so this experience isnt a total loss as i see it. if i were you, id bail and just get your money back from paypal and wait till something better comes along.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
really?

ive always had good luck with them in returning the money in a timely manner (week or less).

so this experience isnt a total loss as i see it. if i were you, id bail and just get your money back from paypal and wait till something better comes along.
i guess i'm too nice of a guy as seeing that this guy is still communicating with me. i sent him after he sent me a PM that he's going to call me that 'yea call me because i'm really desiring a refund'

i guess i want to give this guy ample time and dont wana give this guy a bad rep for something thats legit, you know what i mean...but yea, it seems by the time the dispute goes on and what not, it always takes more than that week...seems like 3wks to me if i remember my last dispute
Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 PM

btw i do have a local trans located, and i can borrow the remainder of the money from my moms or brother to get it until the refund comes back
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM

Damn thats messed up hope you get the cash back or put him on blast!!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Personally as your the one hoping to change the transaction i would offer a portion for his hassle in exchange for a no harm no foul refund. he can do a partial refund on his end with the click of a button and you have yoru funds back farily quickly.
Id say 25-30 for the hassle of packaging it the first time then having to pick it up. should end it amicably and everyone not out anything and breaking about even. GLWS. Hope it works out.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cant_Get_Ryte
Personally as your the one hoping to change the transaction i would offer a portion for his hassle in exchange for a no harm no foul refund. he can do a partial refund on his end with the click of a button and you have yoru funds back farily quickly.
Id say 25-30 for the hassle of packaging it the first time then having to pick it up. should end it amicably and everyone not out anything and breaking about even. GLWS. Hope it works out.
you missed the point, i see. i didnt post this thread saying that i'm trying to get my money back from this guy in the hopes that he was doing everything right...this was worst case scenario, that the seller was giving me the run around. i didnt hear from the guy in days as my car was sitting up transmission out new clutch, etc installed awaiting a new transmission. its a different story if this guy did all he could and then at the end of it i just say screw it give me ALL of my money back, i dont care what the reason is. i gave this guy ample time and now i'm awaiting the arrival of the transmission today.

i'm not an unfair person, when you dont hear from someone who you have sent money to, that you've never met in your life, you assume the worst, period, hence why i was going to try to get a refund.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
Damn thats messed up hope you get the cash back or put him on blast!!
HAHA! naw it seems like all is well, the transmission should be here today and if it gets to the shop early enough, i should have my car back by the time i get off today *crosses fingers on car running 100%*
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 AM

OHHHHHHHHHHH NOWWWWWWWWWW UPS WANTS TO LOSE THE PACKAGE. i need to take up some kick boxing classes, i'm getting quite heated and on the brink of removing parts on my car and selling it
Old 08-10-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
OHHHHHHHHHHH NOWWWWWWWWWW UPS WANTS TO LOSE THE PACKAGE. i need to take up some kick boxing classes, i'm getting quite heated and on the brink of removing parts on my car and selling it
UPS is the worst company on the surface of the entire earth.
Good luck getting it undamaged if it shows up at all.... Not trying to rain on your parade, I just have a mutual hate for that POS company.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 AM

correction...ITS BEEN DAMAGED!!!! They usually do me good, never had any issues with them whatsoever. as many packages as i've had shipped to my residence by them, i almost had a personal relationship with the person who would drop it off and made my relationship with UPS that much better, but now....yea i'm effin heated right now.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 AM

WOW!! Im sort of getting pissed reading this and its not even my tranny.At least you received it.I had two cellphones stolen by DHL services.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by memphisballer
WOW!! Im sort of getting pissed reading this and its not even my tranny.At least you received it.I had two cellphones stolen by DHL services.
yea, but i never received the trans...they(UPS) dropped it and still have it. they said they have opened up a claim...i'm completely frustrated man. seriously thinking of trading in the max. i already see what i want in replacement
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
put him on blast!!
what does that even mean
Old 08-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Bad *** Newb

correction...ITS BEEN DAMAGED!!!! They usually do me good, never had any issues with them whatsoever. as many packages as i've had shipped to my residence by them, i almost had a personal relationship with the person who would drop it off and made my relationship with UPS that much better, but now....yea i'm effin heated right now.
I'm hard pressed to receive a box that hasn't been thrashed like a hockey puck in the NFL from them. Not to mention that they will steal, too. And forget about getting anything on time, ever.
I don't know many people that have had positive experiences with UPS. FedEX all the way. They've been late on me once, but I usually receive stuff way ahead of time (3 days from hong kong...).

Replacement...
Don't say things that you'll regret later

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 08-10-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM

this is the first time that i've had ever had an issue with UPS. AT ALL!! and this whole situation now just reeks of bad business....i'm not liking the way things have been dealt with right now...i'm about to go a different route that i use as a last resort when handling online business.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

btw i do have a local trans located, and i can borrow the remainder of the money from my moms or brother to get it until the refund comes back
I understood your point completely. this is what i was referring to if it would get you back on the road faster, seemed to be a better option. Would A) Have gotten your money back to you quicker if he just did a return B) Enable you to not have to keep **** dancing around if he didnt uphold his part of the transaction. Im going through something similar currently, and would gladly let the jack nut have a couple bucks to get my item here.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

guess the brown did it in for you anyway :/ sorry to hear...fedex ground whenever possible. sorry you have to go through it. what did he insure it for? hopefully not the standard 100$
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 AM

Having worked for both UPS and Fedex, I can tell you that it is DEFINITLY not the way to ship a transmission. The only way to safely ship an item like that will be through a freight service like "UPS Freight" or "Fedex Freight" which are different than their small-package counterparts.

And FedEx would be no better, in fact they treat packages even worse than UPS

Last edited by chopstic; 08-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:37 AM

^and that seemed logical to me as well, ship it freight, but he wanted to ship it regular UPS obviously, didnt make sense and yes this guy had 'no insurance' on it and now is giving me the 'they will only give me $100 for the transmission' early yesterday even as pissed as i was, i still tried to make good by offering to accept only 50% of what i paid juts to be a good org member, then i thought, with the price of insurance, that could have resolved teh whole thing and UPS would have paid both of us. hence why i have now requested a full refund. if i am wrong i am wrong, but i figure, especially an item like that, you should have insurance on it. its not like you are shipping an HID kit.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn

Replacement...
Don't say things that you'll regret later

Regret? What's that?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

^and that seemed logical to me as well, ship it freight, but he wanted to ship it regular UPS obviously, didnt make sense and yes this guy had 'no insurance' on it and now is giving me the 'they will only give me $100 for the transmission' early yesterday even as pissed as i was, i still tried to make good by offering to accept only 50% of what i paid juts to be a good org member, then i thought, with the price of insurance, that could have resolved teh whole thing and UPS would have paid both of us. hence why i have now requested a full refund. if i am wrong i am wrong, but i figure, especially an item like that, you should have insurance on it. its not like you are shipping an HID kit.
no. in that case bro, you need to be returned everything you paid. good org member or not he wasnt that considerate when given the 10-15$ option of insuring for what the items worth. sorry to hear, but hopefully you get it back in a timely enough manner to at least get ahold of the other local tranny.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cant_Get_Ryte
no. in that case bro, you need to be returned everything you paid. good org member or not he wasnt that considerate when given the 10-15$ option of insuring for what the items worth. sorry to hear, but hopefully you get it back in a timely enough manner to at least get ahold of the other local tranny.
yea thats how i now figure it. the transmission i had lined up is now sold, which further pissed me off yesterday, i have since calmed down and i've filed a dispute and i'm in teh search for another, hopefully local, transmission. i'm waiting for this guy taht i've dealt with before in NY that has a transmission. trying to figure things out. i really dont want to go through the hassle of having another one shipped and going through BS. i'm really tempted to go this weekend to Miami to pick up this one, even though he can ship it.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 PM

Hmmmm. You don't think the "guy" you attempted to get the trans from works for UPS also. ???
Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerFan
what does that even mean
Its apparently a Gang term, I Wiki'ed it.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by BLUEMAX01SE
Hmmmm. You don't think the "guy" you attempted to get the trans from works for UPS also. ???
that has crossed my mind...TOOO much bull**** has occured with this seller and a coincident that far surpasses me has made me not care and go ahead and file the dispute. i mean seriously, that is way too much of a coincidence for nothing to go through. i mean seriously. you take forever to ship and on the eve of my transmission being shipped to me, its still in maryland? it hasnt even left the state? really? i'll let paypal settle the issue and hopefully, like they normally do issue me my refund allow that jerk to 'pay them in installments' smfh
Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 AM

ahhhhh BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!

got my car back on the road in one piece and its running like a dream. on top of that...PAYPAL OWNS!!!! i just got my money back from teh retard who tried to give me the bad end of the stick. i love paypal.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:11 AM

nice good to hear its all worked out
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 AM

yea you have no idea, thanks