5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Now with remote start!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:58 AM

Now with remote start!!

So I finally got around to successfully relocating my CKPS, thrown off by my engine swap and ignorance. Wasted a couple of hours trying to put it in backwards (the mounting "ear" towards the tranny) because that was where my workable metal was, there wasn't anything on the block side. I had drilled the bellhousing and started to tap it when the tap snapped This was a few weeks ago, btw.

So yesterday I grab some scrap metal and cut it, drill it, and bend it into shape, to mount the CKPS. Using some existing bellhousing bolts, I still had to mount the sensor backwards, but didn't think it'd be a problem. Well, after hitting the remote start a buncha times w/o success, I took the sensor and bracket down and just quickly stuck the sensor up there with my hands and the ear towards the block. Hit my remote start and vroom!! car fired right off. I was pissed and happy all at the same time, lol

Toss that work and time in the trash and start over from scratch. This bracket was a little more difficult to fabricate, but after it was all said and done, the car fires right up, no more extended start times, which means I can now use that remote start key fob I found in the center console!!

While I was under there I drained the trans fluid real quick and topped it back off. It looked rough. I'll do it again next oil change, and probably just continue that routine. I added 3 qts at first but was still low, then I overshot it to 4.5 qts. That appears to be just a little too much.

So I dropped the car, and hopped in and just played with my tach a little bit, it hadn't worked since the engine swap. Noticed my TCS off and SLIP lights were no longer lit, tho I still do need to clear the SES code.

Scratch one thing off my "anti-mod" list