5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Whose heard of this Brand?? fstb

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM

Whose heard of this Brand?? fstb

Just ran across this browsing on ebay...never seen anyone mention this brand.
Called Ultra Racing. Seems like they make a lot of "quality" parts for the a33 in asia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...Q5fAccessories

For this price, its still cheaper than the stillen, more than cm, around the price of the racing line fstb...
just wanted to share. feedback

EDIT:
looking deeper into their line they have a lot of parts for the a31 chassis. fender tie bars, anti roll bars, rstb and tons more.

Last edited by a33_ridah; 07-28-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Cletus

honestly, all FTSBs are about the same...they dont take a lot of wear and tear...I tell people to get whatever is in their price range and they like the looks of
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Toolie

I like the design for how the bar attaches to the towers. Looks solid, not screws holding the bar to the towers either.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 PM

yeah check out their other products. they have bars for places i didnt ever imagine them at all to stiffen different ends of the chassis.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Toolie

too bad it's mostly for 4th gens though. But personally I like the FSTB they make. Wrong color though LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 AM

They've got pictures of cute Asian girls, and drifting cars in their auction. It must be legit.

Actually, I've heard of these guys before here and there, and never really anything bad. I like how they have all that info posted on their page about suspension, and how it reacts over bumps and through corners...it gives them some amount of credibility, at least. (Yeah, yeah, I know...anybody who knows something about computers can copy/paste.)

That being said, does it justify the $140 pricetag, though? No. At least not for me...

Maybe if it was a multi-point. Not that we have the ability to mount those on our cars, anyway...
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by SoonerFan
honestly, all FTSBs are about the same...they dont take a lot of wear and tear...I tell people to get whatever is in their price range and they like the looks of

This. Other than one thread where a faulty weld job was brought to light on an Ebay FSTB... the general consensu here has been that very few are any better in quality or reliability than the one next it.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:06 AM

id agree with SLC
those suspension depictions make it seem like they have some heavy R&D into their products....and then the real install pictures. you dont see that too much either, just pictures of products boxed...and then that one catchy pic of it being pressure tested on a machine....
but yes most of their line is for the 4th gen (unless we know what parts are interchangeable between the gens) as i recall something odd like 4th gen suspension fitting on 5th with some modding but 5th gen not fitting 4th.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Toolie

Look at the stillen bar, they have slotted holes in the actual bar. So theoretically they can slip and change position in the slot. So it could flex at the points where it is bolted to the tower mounts. They could call it adjustable, because again theoretically you could pull up on the bar and then tighten it, or push down on the bar pretty hard and tighten it.

Personally I like the welded design much better. There will be next to zero flex. Just like a solid lower tie bar... hmmm
Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM

In a couple of the photos, the unpainted bar material looks suspiciously like the Racingline bar, which I believe is hollow, which is why it's so light. But hollow in the sense that there are 3 channels inside the bar. (I don't remember where I got that info, sifting up from the depths...)

Anyway, identical end-points/welds, as well.

And yes... very, very cute Asian girls. No harm in that at all.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

seems to me knight me and you are the only ones going for it so far....
i may place a buy order on the whim any time now....
or save it towards my megan catback

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
Look at the stillen bar, they have slotted holes in the actual bar. So theoretically they can slip and change position in the slot. So it could flex at the points where it is bolted to the tower mounts. They could call it adjustable, because again theoretically you could pull up on the bar and then tighten it, or push down on the bar pretty hard and tighten it.

Personally I like the welded design much better. There will be next to zero flex. Just like a solid lower tie bar... hmmm