5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

wiring problems?!?!?! help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 AM

wiring problems?!?!?! help!!

ok so a few days ago, my light for a burnt out tail bulb came on the dash, every time i brake, it lights up. I realized that my tail light(drivers side) is on, but doesn't light up any further when applying brakes. So after a day or too, everything went back to normal, this puzzled me, but hell, if it just happened to work all of a sudden again, i wasn't going to bother. A day later, same problem occured again, what can be causing this? Also my back passenger side window wont open with the master controls, just happened a day ago as well. It closes, but wont open. The actual door controls function perfectly thou. Both of these problems are pissing me off, can someone please give some feedback on what can be done, thank you
Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by artemz28
ok so a few days ago, my light for a burnt out tail bulb came on the dash, every time i brake, it lights up. I realized that my tail light(drivers side) is on, but doesn't light up any further when applying brakes. So after a day or too, everything went back to normal, this puzzled me, but hell, if it just happened to work all of a sudden again, i wasn't going to bother. A day later, same problem occured again, what can be causing this? Also my back passenger side window wont open with the master controls, just happened a day ago as well. It closes, but wont open. The actual door controls function perfectly thou. Both of these problems are pissing me off, can someone please give some feedback on what can be done, thank you
Does that particular bulb light up when you press the brakes? Check the bulb and see if the lower filament in the bulb is broken. As far as the window, do all the windows but that one go down?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:00 PM

check out your fuses if you have a sun roof see if it works cause i had a similar problem and it was the fuse the sun roof is wired together with the brake lights
Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM

ok thank you, ill check out the sunroof, when i get a chance. And yes, all my other windows function normally with every switch. Only back passenger side doesnt go down with the master switch, but does go up. As for the actual window switch, it works fine.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:39 PM

Yea, that was going to be my suggestion, check the fuses.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM

I was thinking the window problem was more likely the switch in the driver's door. I recently (unfortunately) had to have my driver's window replaced (some bonehead smashed it for nothing). I watched the repair guy and I saw that the power window switch has a single connector so you probably would have to replace the whole unit. Hope this helps.