5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

WEIRD EBAY MAXIMA FRONT BUMPER LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM

This is the best thread ever.

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267

I'm a big Skyy fan, too. It seems to take well to mixing no matter how much vodka you put in the drink.
I tried Skyy, but it didn't do it for me. I usually drink Absolut.

I'm not that big on Gin (for reasons I won't mention but I sure all that's reading this thread has been in), but I tried New Amsterdam Gin and loved it.

The beer of choice for me is Miller Lite. Right now I have Sam Adams Boston ale in the frig. I bought it to try it out, I like the Boston lager better.

Last edited by chuckd2k; 04-13-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
If I'm looking for a nice buzz, I usually start with a few mixed drinks. Preferably something that mixes well with rum or vodka.
Mixed drinks usually turn my buzz into a full-tilt drunk. However, I do like apple martinis, and Jamesons Irish Wiskey with sour mix.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd2k
I tried Skyy, but it didn't do it for me. I usually drink Absolut.
Mmmmm...vodka...nectar of the Gods.

1 part liqueur of your choice (Van Gogh's are nice)
2 parts vodka (Stoli is yummy)
1 part ice

Civil, relaxed drink.

Originally Posted by chuckd2k
I'm not that big on Gin (for reasons I won't mention but I sure all that's reading this thread has been in), but I tried New Amsterdam Gin and loved it.
+1, I don't like drinks that taste like a Christmas tree smells. I know, it's really juniper, but me no riky.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Mixed drinks usually turn my buzz into a full-tilt drunk. However, I do like apple martinis, and Jamesons Irish Wiskey with sour mix.
Sometimes, if I'm not careful.

But I'm not too big a fan of praying to the porcelain gods, so, I try to keep myself somewhat sane when it comes to mixing drinks. Unless I get together with my buddies to drink, and we have at least 24 hours to waste.

I'm also a huge fan of Bailey's Irish Creme. It's an awesome hair of the dog drink the next morning when you mix it properly with some cream and coffee. Also good on the rocks.

Never had an apple martini. I'd love to try one. They seem to be quite popular.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM

My parents were big into after-dinner, dessert drinks, like Bailey's. Gin and tonics were their primary, pre-dinner poisen; (blech). I will give my mom respect where it's deserved, however: the woman made an awesome Bloody Mary.

Back to beer... I totally love Newcastle Brown Ale. And a perfectly poured pint of Black & Tan.

What a truly strange thread this has turned into. Fun, though.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM

I can't do Gin & Tonics. They turn my stomach...

As far as the mix pack I mentioned earlier from World Market, of the 10 I got, my three favorite were:

Dogfish Head Festina Peche. Which isn't actually a beer, but a malt made with peach. It's actually pretty good. Seems like the kind of drink that would be especially good on a hot day.

Victory Sunrise Weissbier. It's an unfiltered beer with the flakes of grain still in it. Gave it a very unusual, full flavor.

Left Hand Brewing Company Milk Stout. Real dark, heavy beer. Kind of hard to remember any real details. For various reasons.

All of them were unique, and pretty good to top it off. I wouldn't think twice if I had the opportunity to buy any of the ten brands in a six-pack.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:44 PM

redhook tour, 1$, good buzz ftw
we need a poll for what beer wins
im so used to not drinking my coronas with lime

btw, bass is on the menu tonight(leftovers from black and tans)

Last edited by arcueda; 04-13-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Just cracked open the very last beer in my fridge.

It's a Milwaukee's.

I need to go on a beer run. But I'm too lazy. So I guess beggars can't be choosers.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Back to beer... I totally love Newcastle Brown Ale. And a perfectly poured pint of Black & Tan.
A Half & Half (Guinness & Harp) is a good, slightly lighter, alternative to the Black & Tan.

Sapporo Reserve (malt liquor, 5.2% abv, made in Japan) is also a favorite, though hard to find. Other brown bag malt liquors (Old English 800/HG/ICE, Colt 45, Mickey's, Steele Reserve, etc.) also have their place.

Mad Dog 20/20 is killer.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 PM

For those of you hate gin, try Hendrick's gin. It's kinda hard to find but blows Bombay sapphire away. It just might change youre mind. Absolut isn't bad but, I really like ketel one, especially when I am good friends with the bartenders. Lol.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 PM

anyone ever have bodingtons, like a "blonde" guiness, nitros and all. that stuffs great on tap
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2slow
Sapporo Reserve (malt liquor, 5.2% abv, made in Japan) is also a favorite, though hard to find.
Originally Posted by Rhyno02
For those of you hate gin, try Hendrick's gin. It's kinda hard to find but blows Bombay sapphire away. It just might change youre mind. Absolut isn't bad but, I really like ketel one, especially when I am good friends with the bartenders. Lol.
+1 on ALL of this!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:56 PM

Whaaaaat the what?? This is the best thread ever! LOL dang you guys make me want to grab a beer!! mmmmmmmMMMmmmm.......Duff........yummmm........ Dang foreal tho Blue Moon with a slice of orange is not that bad!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2slow
A Half & Half (Guinness & Harp) is a good, slightly lighter, alternative to the Black & Tan.
See, now I always thought Black & Tan was Harp & Guinness, poured slowly so the two don't mix in the glass. I didn't realize that Yuengling actually bottled a product called "Black & Tan".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tan

Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 AM

Sapphire and tonic with lime is my drink of choice, at least until I just start ordering sapphire on the rocks. Jack and sprite is a good mix, I think the coke takes away from the flavor too much. Good ol' capt'n and coke. Another easy drink to get down (I order this when i'm feeling thirsty) grape vodka and sprite.

Want to try that captn' and dr pepper though. I doubt many bars have dr pepper on tap though.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
Any of you guys actually have liquor stores? I couldnt believe that I was able to buy booze in safeway and walmart in the US... here you can only buy it in the liquor store.
Here in MA you have to buy booze from licensed convenience stores or liquor stores, however if you go over the border to NH there is no tax on booze and you can buy it anywhere, like walmart etc.

For a nice six pack im partial to Number 9, Leffe, UFO White, Blue Moon, Sam Summer, or Harpoon IPA. For a party 30s of PBR! How can you beat that price and the taste isn't so bad!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:05 AM

See, now I always thought Black & Tan was Harp & Guinness, poured slowly so the two don't mix in the glass. I didn't realize that Yuengling actually bottled a product called "Black & Tan".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tan
I've always had Bass & Guinness Black & Tans, and didn't know about the Guinness & Harp (made by Guinness) Half & Half until I bought some Guiness glassware.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The most common type of Black and Tan in the United States uses Guinness Draught (not Extra Stout) and Bass, though variations using Harp Lager instead of Bass are referred to as Half and Half. Guinness and Newcastle is generally called a Black Castle. The "layering" of Guinness on top of the ale or lager is possible because the relative density of the Guinness is less than that of the ale or lager.
Edit: no bar is complete without a Black & Tan spoon:

Last edited by 2slow; 04-14-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by crystalline
Here in MA you have to buy booze from licensed convenience stores or liquor stores, however if you go over the border to NH there is no tax on booze and you can buy it anywhere, like walmart etc.
I lived in CT for a while when I was younger. They were called "Package Stores". Odd name.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 AM

I lived in CT for a while when I was younger. They were called "Package Stores". Odd name.

going to the packy(ie?), lets go to the packy, picking up some booze at the packy are all common phrases around here in MA. I never knew they weren't called Package Stores anywhere else, maybe its just a north east thing??
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM

^^^
Even more specific, I think it's a New England thing.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:30 PM
NOT INVITED TO MAXUS 2010

my brother brews beer for a living best job around...

making your own beer at home is cheap n easy. making your own wine at home is VERY cheap and VERY easy.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by stockmaximaFTW
my brother brews beer for a living best job around...

making your own beer at home is cheap n easy. making your own wine at home is VERY cheap and VERY easy.
I was in Oklahoma City for four months a year ago (actually to the day tom.) and all they have there is 3.2. If you want REAL beer you had to go to a liquor store where it wasnt refrigerated. Ugh. We'd have BBQ's and would be drinking all day and not get drunk, how sad. However, a kid that was in my class (turned out to be from LI,NY too) made his own beer...and boy, what a difference!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Lol, didn't expect to see this when I started reading this thread. Anyway, my favorite all around have a bottle or two kind of beer is Fat Tire. Brewed here in Colorado and it is just about perfect.

Since I'm now trying not to gain any more weight I've switched to Bud Select except for special occasions. The one drink I wish I'd never tried is Crown and Coke. Those are WAY too addictive for me.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

i love jager bombs
Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by kbohip
Lol, didn't expect to see this when I started reading this thread. Anyway, my favorite all around have a bottle or two kind of beer is Fat Tire. Brewed here in Colorado and it is just about perfect.

Since I'm now trying not to gain any more weight I've switched to Bud Select except for special occasions. The one drink I wish I'd never tried is Crown and Coke. Those are WAY too addictive for me.
i wanna try that fat tire....looks apealing, especially in that glass
crown and coke ftw
Old 04-15-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by arcueda
i wanna try that fat tire....looks apealing, especially in that glass
crown and coke ftw
Fat Tire has a very strong flavor. I wouldn't call it full, really. But it's got a bit of a kick to it.

Anyone had Shock Top? I like it pretty well.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 AM

Any belgian ale fan? Whats good? I've tried magic hat, blue moon, what else?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 AM

FTW
Old 04-15-2010, 02:36 PM

dog fish makes great IPAs!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:28 PM

"today i drank" thread

well today drank(wasnt a great day)
a few suffering bastards and just picked up a 6 of corona(craving since a previous post)and started on them
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 PM

^^^
Even more specific, I think it's a New England thing.
Not sure, Gf from NH had never heard the term...
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Yuengling ftw. Finally got around to getting a six pack.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 AM

molson xxx
Old 04-16-2010, 08:02 AM

had blue light lime last night. Does not taste that much like blue, which is good for me, I don't like blue. Overall though it wasn't bad, obviously if you don't like lime in your beer you wont like it. but $16 a 12 pack was a little ridic

Last edited by merovi; 04-16-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
I like how we turned this into a 5th gen beer thread
What's the down side????

I'm a Sam Adams Summer Ale guy, also liking the Blackberry Witbier, and the Cherry Wheat. Shinerbock is also high on the list as well as Pacifico and Tecate (yes with a lime). When money is tight, I do Coors light, but after drinking the others, it doesn't have much tast. I currently have 2 cases of Yuengling waiting for consumption. I'll see what kind of hurtin I can put on it this weekend.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 AM

to correct myself... had this last nite. best beer ive had in a long time. Stout ale aged in oak whiskey casks...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 1800bucks
What's the down side????

I'm a Sam Adams Summer Ale guy, also liking the Blackberry Witbier, and the Cherry Wheat. Shinerbock is also high on the list as well as Pacifico and Tecate (yes with a lime). When money is tight, I do Coors light, but after drinking the others, it doesn't have much tast. I currently have 2 cases of Yuengling waiting for consumption. I'll see what kind of hurtin I can put on it this weekend.
What kind of Yuengling? I'm more partial to the amber than their traditional lager.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:36 PM

Correction: 2 cases traditional and 1 case light. I don't care much for the light, has a wierd caramel taste. The traditional I tried over at The Green Turtle in Fells Point last spring, but we can't get it here in Ohio. The wife has family in WV, she picked up the 3 cases last weekend on her way back thru.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:52 PM

Wrong bumper for sure when did 00-03 Maxima's got like box type fog lights!!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
Wrong bumper for sure when did 00-03 Maxima's got like box type fog lights!!
Did you even read the thread?

Quick Reply: WEIRD EBAY MAXIMA FRONT BUMPER LOL