5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SE OEM RIM STOLEN!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM

SE OEM RIM STOLEN!!

Hi everyone, been a while I haven't logged on here for some time. I woke up this morning walked up to my car some jerk stole my tire off my car with a jack stand on it. I noticed the jack says Nissan on it, I thought damn jerk someone must have a car like mine or different gen maxima. I have a 2001 SE OEM rim, I was so ticked off, so i had to go to Napa to get some wheel nut to put my spare on. Amazing there someone out there has the nerve to steal my tire off yet either they really want it or they are so flippin stupid that they don't have a spare or can't even afford to get new tire. Well story of my day, so i went to check out on ebay, i noticed they are really bad shape just for a rim, so i check out with Courtesy Nissan i couldn't believe it really cost almost 450 a pop for one rim?!. So I walked around my neighborhood see if there a maxima with my rim on it, cuz I would sworn that I seen a 4th gen around, probably chances are had my tire on it, cuz I would know what brand of tire on it, a lot of nerve though.

Well just venting here hope I learned a lesson here and got some wheel locks for my tires til I get a replacement for my rim. UGH!!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM

damn thief's - go to a junk yard to find the rims for a quarter of that price. also check the classifieds, might find a good deal
Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM

Sorry to hear that, look on cragslist.com is my advice. The wheel locks don't 100% prevent theft they just prevent the idiots from stealing them really.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM

that's just gangsta

search on craigslist or what not, or look for an oem option of a different nissan wheel and go that route. sorry about your lost
Old 05-31-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
Hi everyone, been a while I haven't logged on here for some time. I woke up this morning walked up to my car some jerk stole my tire off my car with a jack stand on it. I noticed the jack says Nissan on it, I thought damn jerk someone must have a car like mine or different gen maxima. I have a 2001 SE OEM rim, I was so ticked off, so i had to go to Napa to get some wheel nut to put my spare on. Amazing there someone out there has the nerve to steal my tire off yet either they really want it or they are so flippin stupid that they don't have a spare or can't even afford to get new tire. Well story of my day, so i went to check out on ebay, i noticed they are really bad shape just for a rim, so i check out with Courtesy Nissan i couldn't believe it really cost almost 450 a pop for one rim?!. So I walked around my neighborhood see if there a maxima with my rim on it, cuz I would sworn that I seen a 4th gen around, probably chances are had my tire on it, cuz I would know what brand of tire on it, a lot of nerve though.

Well just venting here hope I learned a lesson here and got some wheel locks for my tires til I get a replacement for my rim. UGH!!
i still can't believe that they stole a OEM rim and not a aftermarket, i wouldn't take the risk to steal OEM rims let alone ONE! cornballs i swear. *not that i steal, just my .02 cents lol
Old 05-31-2012, 02:37 PM

dude that sux big time. keep an eye out around your neighborhood. thieves are idiots and usually lurk close to home, so i bet you he's not too far form you. and 2 things: if you find him, call the cops - don't confront them on your own; and don't forget to put a lock on the rest of your wheels. they might be thinking of coming back for the rest of them.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM

thats horrible.. but id file a police report now.. so if u do find it with ur brand of tire on it etc. they dont think your some nut calling saying i found a maxima that has my stock rim on it..
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phatboislim
that's just gangsta

search on craigslist or what not, or look for an oem option of a different nissan wheel and go that route. sorry about your lost
I believe this^^^^^ guy did it.check his pockets
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 PM

look at the bright side, atleast they didnt take all your wheels. then you'd totally be **** out of luck. but id check craigslist/junkyard/scrapyard. you can usually find a complete set for around $300 w/tires or cheaper depending on whether the rims are damaged or not. i got into an accident a while back, rim was damaged to hell, i went to the junkyard and they had a mint one for $75 w/tax. but id check craigslist first, then the junkyard.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 PM

I would've had the jack dusted for prints, and hoped that piece of **** didn't wear gloves.

I would LOVE to walk up on someone in the act of doing that to my car. I'd have to scrape my knuckles up
Old 05-31-2012, 08:19 PM

Damn man that sucks, I hope you find the person....
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 AM

Sorry Bro. I just needed to borrow it for awhile until I get my busted one fixed. Ma bad.