5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman 3" Catback Exhaust - Order Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by awlizzonmymax
Hahaha, I'm very interested myself... I jus don't wanna spend another 100± bux on shipping... if we have 8 plus people wil the price go down... lol... price is ok jus asking... I guess I'll have to email brian and ask
The price is stationary if we had 20 orders the price will still be the same...If we had 50 orders as a group then it'll drop...

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
It does man... I thought the law said that awhile back???
Can you be more specific in what you're responding/referring to please...

Originally Posted by sparks03max
I could care less about The back Pressure Myth...I'm concern about the gas velocity @ idle, part throttle and WOT! I lost gas velocity with my 2.5" Cattman and the Cattman ypipe installed @ WOT, compared to the OEM. I felt exhaust gas velocity (WOT) exiting the Oem exhaust system at least 20-25' behind the vehicle during a dyno pull and it was strong. After installing the Cattman Catback the exhaust gases were barely felt at 15' (WOT) and the exhaust stream was no where close to the Oem gas pressure nor velocity. There is a limit on how much back pressure is allowed before it becomes restrictive but gas velocity is more important to me.... Where are you (The Law)? I'd think you could answer my question along with many other N/A VQ35's equipped with I/H/E(3")!!!!
Pretty please... anyone?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Let's see...

First, the bad news. I went through all older orders to confirm, and 2 orders (the oldest two) have cancelled, so we need 3 (preferably 4) to make this deal fly. It looks like there might be some momentum here, so I'm still optimistic.

2. Shipping do Dallas is either $66 or $78, I'd have to check your zip code. Oh, and we're in AZ, not TX.

3. Don't mean to contradict anyone, but OH YES there would be a reduction in price if we sold 20 of these suckers. Heck, I'll reduce the price by $25/unit if we get 15 orders, and $50/unit if we get 25.

4. I won't get involved in the backpressure discussion except to note that, all other things being equal (in terms of engine performance), the exhaust velocity has to decrease anytime the tubing diameter is increased so I don't see how that would - in and of itself - be a negative indicator. [Try narrowing it to 1", I'll bet the gasses really scoot!] But seriously, of course there is a point where a lack of backpressure will negatively impact engine performance, but I don't know how, or at what point, the degree of exhaust velocity loss would correlate with the "tipping point" of performance starting to decline.

Brian
Old 01-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Play with my balls

^^ Well there you have it.......
Old 01-30-2010, 06:59 PM

Dam it. I was going to buy vast max's cattman, now i'm on hold as well as all you.
FFS SOMEONE BUY THIS
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 PM

won't get involved in the backpressure discussion except to note that, all other things being equal (in terms of engine performance), the exhaust velocity has to decrease anytime the tubing diameter is increased so I don't see how that would - in and of itself - be a negative indicator. [Try narrowing it to 1", I'll bet the gasses really scoot!] But seriously, of course there is a point where a lack of backpressure will negatively impact engine performance, but I don't know how, or at what point, the degree of exhaust velocity loss would correlate with the "tipping point" of performance starting to decline.

Brian
Thanks Brian for the price reduction possibilities that sounds awesome if we had that many interested....I spoke to "The Law" he had nothing but good things to say regarding this 3" exhaust system! I was able to see that Sactown YouTube video while cruisin the freeway and again I was really impressed with the low noise output in the "famous drone zone"! Maybe this is the missing link along with the TS reflash....I don't know....I'll be weighing the - & + aspects and you'll get a call about what direction I'm gonna go! If I was the only person in the equation I would have had one during the first ordering/mfg session! But I have a wife that actually drives the car more than I do....And this is our highway car going to Louisiana quite often so I'm really trying to see what kinda behavior the 3" exhaust exhibits cause the 2.5" with headers was too loud for my Wife's and I taste that's why I reinstalled the Oem trick muffler.....(Yall probably think I'm a *****)...so let me think a little and I pray that I can make a really good decision...
Brian thanks for making products that are so beautiful I can't sleep at night...
CMax03 (Carlton)
Old 01-30-2010, 07:45 PM

i am so saving
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 PM

as for back pressure, my friends 5.7L LS1 camaro has true dual 2.5" exhaust. If you do the math its 5" of exhaust diameter for 5.7 liters of displacement, compare that to 3" of diameter for 3.5 liters of displacement. That means he has .877 inches of exhaust diameter per liter of displacement, and giving our cars .857 inches of exhaust diameter per liter. In short he has less back pressure. Yet 2.5" duals is considered optimal for making power for camaro guys.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by beefy23b/97
as for back pressure, my friends 5.7L LS1 camaro has true dual 2.5" exhaust. If you do the math its 5" of exhaust diameter for 5.7 liters of displacement, compare that to 3" of diameter for 3.5 liters of displacement. That means he has .877 inches of exhaust diameter per liter of displacement, and giving our cars .857 inches of exhaust diameter per liter. In short he has less back pressure. Yet 2.5" duals is considered optimal for making power for camaro guys.
I agree single 3" is the way to go for 3.5L maxima.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Well I'm goin to say this...

"IF" we can get these numbers right count me in!!! Jus pm me what I need to do... hell... I want the 45 bux shippin too, lol...

But folks like was said before... why not jump on board... hell I think even if u don't like it... I'm sure u can resell it for what u bought it for new-used if not more...

I'm looking at it like this... it jus means I won't end up spending 750 on some burgers this year... rotfl... hell its helping my diet on me not jus me car...

Also, I don't have headers yet... what should I pair this exhaust wit?!?

I'm excited... lol... I want a beast not a pony... so I'm goin to tk the needed measures to achieve it...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:03 AM

Hopefully if all goes right and this deal is still available in about a month, rather than buyin a cattman 2.5" I should be able to spend the extra few n get the 3". we'll see how it goes..
Old 01-31-2010, 12:46 PM

After watching numerous videos that The Law posted on YOU TUBE and loving the look but very skeptical about the exhaust volume @ low speed such as in the drive by #1-3... and maybe a little quieter than the 2.5" during the 3 In-Cabin videos (highway speeds)....I'm trying to decide If this is gonna be the best route for me at this time....The sound is awesome, the numbers @ wot are awesome, but in slow moving traffic, I don't wanna be that loud, obnoxious, nor annoying guy....I think most of you call that RICEY! It appears to me that the 3" is a little louder than the 2.5"! Is that correct? Any N/A's guys out there upgraded from a Cattman 2.5" to a Cattman 3.0" catback? Please PM me or reply to this question...Please!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by CMax03
won't get involved in the backpressure discussion except to note that, all other things being equal (in terms of engine performance), the exhaust velocity has to decrease anytime the tubing diameter is increased so I don't see how that would - in and of itself - be a negative indicator. [Try narrowing it to 1", I'll bet the gasses really scoot!] But seriously, of course there is a point where a lack of backpressure will negatively impact engine performance, but I don't know how, or at what point, the degree of exhaust velocity loss would correlate with the "tipping point" of performance starting to decline.

Brian
Thanks Brian for the price reduction possibilities that sounds awesome if we had that many interested....I spoke to "The Law" he had nothing but good things to say regarding this 3" exhaust system! I was able to see that Sactown YouTube video while cruisin the freeway and again I was really impressed with the low noise output in the "famous drone zone"! Maybe this is the missing link along with the TS reflash....I don't know....I'll be weighing the - & + aspects and you'll get a call about what direction I'm gonna go! If I was the only person in the equation I would have had one during the first ordering/mfg session! But I have a wife that actually drives the car more than I do....And this is our highway car going to Louisiana quite often so I'm really trying to see what kinda behavior the 3" exhaust exhibits cause the 2.5" with headers was too loud for my Wife's and I taste that's why I reinstalled the Oem trick muffler.....(Yall probably think I'm a *****)...so let me think a little and I pray that I can make a really good decision...
Brian thanks for making products that are so beautiful I can't sleep at night...
CMax03 (Carlton)
I don't think your a **** for reinstalling the OEM muffler, good decision imho....I have that now....hated the drone in my 4th Gen and love my exhaust now in my 5.5 Gen...
Old 01-31-2010, 01:45 PM

anybody wanna sell their cattman axle back???
Old 02-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I don't mean to be contrary, but you can't add or compare diameters like that; you have to calculate area first. A Maxima with a single 3" exhaust actually has a higher ratio of engine displacement to cross-sectional exhaust area (2.01 sq in/litre) than the Camaro you mention (just 1.72 sq in litre).

And that doesn't take into account the increased efficiency of the single 3" system's lower tube wall area to volume ratio - meaning far less tube wall friction and a lower rate of heat loss, both of which increase flow efficiency and performance beyond the cross-sectional advantage.

Brian
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 AM

Your math is off. Two 2.5" pipes do not equal a 5" one at all...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by PulsarGTS
Your math is off. Two 2.5" pipes do not equal a 5" one at all...
Gotta love collegeee
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

just an FYI: a 5" pipe has an area of 20.01 in^2 while a 2.5" pipe has a 4.87 in^2 area... Definitely not the same....

ahh, getting paid to be a dork for a living, gotta love it
Old 02-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by vastmax
just an FYI: a 5" pipe has an area of 20.01 in^2 while a 2.5" pipe has a 4.87 in^2 area... Definitely not the same....

ahh, getting paid to be a dork for a living, gotta love it
You're not a dork if you're educated.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by e-subliminal-2
You're not a dork if you're educated.
Actually, the possibilities of being a dork are greater if you are, but you just have better ammunition to defend yourself with.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Actually, the possibilities of being a dork are greater if you are, but you just have better ammunition to defend yourself with.
hahahaha, you'll shut them down pretty quick.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Thread now goes south lol
Old 02-01-2010, 03:09 PM

so i have a Cattman Y, straight pipe, and GReddy evo2 cat-back.

will this hook right up to the straight pipe, or will I need some sort of reducer type straight pipe to go between this 3" cat-back and the y-pipe?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 PM

I would imagine it bolts straight up to the fastcat or whichever cat. converter you have...
Old 02-01-2010, 06:29 PM

I would imagine it bolts straight up to the fastcat or whichever cat. converter you have...
I assume so, worse case some muffler shop would just weld them together, But I doubt cattman (as good as they are) would leave any room for the slightest mistake, it's prob a direct fit.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ephraim
so i have a Cattman Y, straight pipe, and GReddy evo2 cat-back.

will this hook right up to the straight pipe, or will I need some sort of reducer type straight pipe to go between this 3" cat-back and the y-pipe?
I was concerned about that too! I'm running a metallic Sub 2.5" cat and I'm curious if I should upgrade to a 3" fastcat/metallic substrate cat

I don't know if it will be better leaving the header collector going into a cat of the same size or dumping off into a larger cat the same size as the catback?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I want to change some car parts,but I donot know what is good or is bad,I search some information at sourcinggate.com and ebay.com,eg car dvd player.
who can compare with these?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyting88
I want to change some car parts,but I donot know what is good or is bad,I search some information at sourcinggate.com and ebay.com,eg car dvd player.
buddy.......
Old 02-01-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyting88
There is a thread where you can ask that question and i am sure you will get whatever information you want by just searching around the forums. Anyway, hopefully Brian gets more orders in and start production because i placed an order a month ago.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Play with my balls

To answer the relevant question above, the flanges of the 3" exhaust is designed to fit either your stock, fastcat, or aftermarket converter. I believe the rear section is the same as well regarding the design of the flange to fit the stock or aftermarket b-pipe, but I know that it will fit a 2.5" cat outlet.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nightkid08
There is a thread where you can ask that question and i am sure you will get whatever information you want by just searching around the forums. Anyway, hopefully Brian gets more orders in and start production because i placed an order a month ago.
Well i hope so too. Im have been waiting for mine about 2 months now.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
To answer the relevant question above, the flanges of the 3" exhaust is designed to fit either your stock, fastcat, or aftermarket converter. I believe the rear section is the same as well regarding the design of the flange to fit the stock or aftermarket b-pipe, but I know that it will fit a 2.5" cat outlet.
ahh flange, that is the word that was escaping me. thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:14 PM

I'm srry, either some ppl have never ever modded a car before or something cause I can see why some question is being asked but there are some that just leaves me to think ppl have no common sense my goodness is it really that bad at times???............. hey I got a question, I bought some gas for my car, do you think I should press the trigger on the pumps nozzle or is there a better way of gettn the gas out???.... my goodness ppl... cmon man... matter of fact stop wrecking the OP's thread.... he is looking for orders for this 3" catback system, if u don't know about the catback system and the pro's and cons then maybe you shouldn't be buying it.... go search damn it
Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 PM

Information before modding is part of being prepared when you really have a plan.....I never have gone into any modification blind....That's why my ride is still rolling and not seating in someones shop....And for your info I've been asking questions concerning this 3" catback for over a year and I really haven't got a real good solid answer yet!!!! That's kinda scary that no one has a real good description of the total operation of this system in WOT nor part throttle, street mannerism nor driveable in real deep detail....

Last edited by CMax03; 02-01-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
I'm srry, either some ppl have never ever modded a car before or something cause I can see why some question is being asked but there are some that just leaves me to think ppl have no common sense my goodness is it really that bad at times???
I think what he is trying to determine is if any low speed throttle response changes or added noise is worth the WOT gains. 95% of the time, most of us are driving in traffic and tip in throttle response is important, along with a reasonable noise level.

I don't think anyone is disputing the gains you get when you romp on it with the 3" exhaust, just voicing concerns about how easy it is to life with the rest of the time. Nor is anyone knocking the quality or the fit of the exhaust that I know of so it doesn't seem to be a slap at Brian, but rather trying to make an informed decision.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM

aahhh cattman charges a arm n a leg.. and ur first born
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by Ishqkapujari
lulz for the flaming ahead
Old 02-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Scottwax
I think what he is trying to determine is if any low speed throttle response changes or added noise is worth the WOT gains. 95% of the time, most of us are driving in traffic and tip in throttle response is important, along with a reasonable noise level.

I don't think anyone is disputing the gains you get when you romp on it with the 3" exhaust, just voicing concerns about how easy it is to life with the rest of the time. Nor is anyone knocking the quality or the fit of the exhaust that I know of so it doesn't seem to be a slap at Brian, but rather trying to make an informed decision.
DUDE SERIOUSLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I've been asking same thing in my other thread below and keep getting rammed about the backrpessure sh%t and i'm jus trying to figure out the same problem and the cause of it. Wow orgers. Anyways back on track people.. 3" exhaust here..3" exhaust..
Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM

Well Cattman's products are worth every freakin penny...I'm an orger who's is a strong Cattman supporter/customer for over ten years now...you get more than you pay for...Look around at equivalent quality products of this cailber and they'll charge you a arm and leg and ur first born plus rape u, ur wife, ur Mom and ur Dad...with no lube!!!!! If this was a B&B exhaust system I'd cost us about $1800....
It's a free world buy what you want, from whom ever you want, but u don't have to be a straight-up hater!!!.....
Move to another type car maybe a Sonata...you won't have to worry about Brian building any over priced performance parts for those!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Play with my balls

I challenge you to find me the same products produced by Cattman, "of the exact same caliber or higher" manufactured by a competitor for less money. If you can bring that to the table with sufficient proof, I will personally paypal you $100.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by CMax03
Information before modding is part of being prepared when you really have a plan.....I never have gone into any modification blind....That's why my ride is still rolling and not seating in someones shop....And for your info I've been asking questions concerning this 3" catback for over a year and I really haven't got a real good solid answer yet!!!! That's kinda scary that no one has a real good description of the total operation of this system in WOT nor part throttle, street mannerism nor driveable in real deep detail....
They don't respond because your "back-pressure" mental failure is something that people ignore, maybe. That's my first guess.

The Law has posted videos of how it sounds at partial throttle and different RPMs. That's as much of the street manerism as you need to know, as even at partial throttle plugging your exhaust with a potato (TO INCREASE BACK PRESSURE, YO) will not gain you power.

So here you go, a 3" will increase power throughout the RPM band and back pressure is a joke. Got it?

Let me also put it this way. I gain part throttle power and responsiveness from driving around with open Y-pipe, no cat-back even attached. That stands to reason there is enough "back pressure" (lol) with just headers to save the world from blowing up, lowend power from being lost, and my exhaust valves from burning.

Last edited by sparks03max; 02-02-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Cattman 3" Catback Exhaust - Order Here!