5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

THEY STOLE MY MAXIMA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:27 PM

oh yeah and get this... last night my buddy and I put a couple stickers on my back window from some stuff I bought (injen, nwp, megan, and maxima.org)...

Since I used glass cleaner to easily position the stickers they had to dry before I could remove the masking so I taped them all down with masking tape. The bastards who stole my car ripped off the tape and the stickers are thrashed and scraped off... wtf why would the even bother with that?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn bro. That really sucks. Sorry to hear of your loss and frustration. I've always thought about installing a camera in the front of my house. My car was hit with an egg about 2 years ago, then just recently an egg was thrown, but hit the front wheel and did 0 damage.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Bad *** Newb

B/c you had a bunch of ricer stickers, that's why. I must commend them.
That's probably why they decided to steal your ride. It stuck out like a sore thumb with those lame stickers.

Originally Posted by unrealii
My car was hit with an egg about 2 years ago, then just recently an egg was thrown, but hit the front wheel and did 0 damage.
Egss can screw up dark paint bad.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM

my spare keys doesnt actually start my car... sorry to hear man...
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
That's probably why they decided to steal your ride. It stuck out like a sore thumb with those lame stickers.
wow thanks for being such a douchebag.... I hope somebody steals ur car and tears it apart and we can say they did it cuz ur a douche...

For the fuses do I pull the one that says "throt mtr" or "inj drive"
Old 10-23-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
my spare keys doesnt actually start my car... sorry to hear man...
they took the o2 sim and my sawdering iron too!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:50 PM

Egss can screw up dark paint bad.
i must say that was a really fked up thing to say bro... he has stickers that you dont like so what?... doesnt matter what he has on his car, it doesnt justify theft, bad timing, knowing that if you both were in the same spot you prolly wouldnt have never said that... that was a line sorely for a E-thug... thats messed up
Old 10-23-2009, 06:01 PM

i must say that was a really fked up thing to say bro... he has stickers that you dont like so what?... doesnt matter what he has on his car, it doesnt justify theft, bad timing, knowing that if you both were in the same spot you prolly wouldnt have never said that... that was a line sorely for a E-thug... thats messed up
Good for you, Hustler.

The org should be for support, not for tearing people down. There's enough of that crap in the OT.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
they took the o2 sim and my sawdering iron too!
wow, went under your hood or u didnt install it yet???... i tell you what linsky i dont have an o2 sim in my car right now and i have no CEL
Old 10-23-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Good for you, Hustler.

The org should be for support, not for tearing people down. There's enough of that crap in the OT.
i wish i was moderator at times... i should go holla at puppet about it... i didnt like the comment at all yo... that was really heartless
Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 PM

i wish i was moderator at times...
Well, let's not go overboard. That's just crazy talk!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Well, let's not go overboard. That's just crazy talk!
i kno
Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 PM

No I didnt have time to install the o2 sim yet... the sawdering kit was in a case that had the o2 sim and they took it.

Can somebody help me out? I dont know which fuse to pull... is it under the hood or under the dash?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Bad *** Newb

wow thanks for being such a douchebag.... I hope somebody steals ur car and tears it apart and we can say they did it cuz ur a douche...
They can steal my car. WTF do I care? I'll make sure it's a total loss and I'll get another car that's even better.

I have mine parked at a T in the road. I always hope someone clobbers it.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM

They can steal my car. WTF do I care? I'll make sure it's a total loss and I'll get another car that's even better.

I have mine parked at a T in the road. I always hope someone clobbers it.
wow dude your filled with negativity, just chill
Old 10-23-2009, 07:29 PM

one of those fuses will work just fine man, its a shame u have to do that just to protect ur hard earned vehicle people are sick. i run a hideaway magnet key under my car thats just a spare key that only unlocks the doors even in cold a$$ canada it will stick under there lol have u thought about adding an aftermarket alarm? and 1+ hustle negativity in a already negative thread regardless of who is saying it just is not cool. i also hope that crap didnt kill ur pride too much to where u wont want to mod ur car anymore
Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 PM

No I didnt have time to install the o2 sim yet... the sawdering kit was in a case that had the o2 sim and they took it.

Can somebody help me out? I dont know which fuse to pull... is it under the hood or under the dash?
Nick, that info is here on shiftice: http://www.shiftice.com/fuel_filter.html

"It's the blue 15amp fuse 4th from the right on the bottom row."

And stop writing the word "sawdering". Argh!

Last edited by Rochester; 10-23-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyd2k2
You are very lucky you found the car had your insurance found out that the car was stolen without breaking the column they wouldn't have paid you for it. That is considered negligence on your part. You lucked out big time, never leave your keys in the car if you feel the need to have a key in the car get one of those magnetic key holders and put it somewhere very hidden like on top of your muffler where no one will find it.
Now I know where yours is
Old 10-23-2009, 08:38 PM

And stop writing the word "sawdering". Argh!
lol, I didn't wanna be the one to say it. Wow, you keep a soldering iron in your car? Must be doing some heavy electrical work on your car.

Sucks what happened, but it could've been a lot worse. I'm surprised you were able to locate the car that quickly. Are there people who knew about your hidden 'spare key'? You can't be 100% sure that the act was entirely random.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear about this man.I hope you get everything straightened out.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97

I remember when I CAUGHT a guy trying to break into my car and how pissed i was...i cant even imagine this ****

B
wow, what did you do to him?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:40 AM

I just dont understand. why nissan doesnt make an automatic alarm in case if the owners forget to lock their cars.

My sister has '05 Si. her car locks automatically.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:38 AM

I made a list of everything that was stolen and its tally is just under $1000.... and that's only legal items missing from the car that I can claim.
If it's not part of the car, you'll have to claim it on your home policy.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by SoulEater
I just dont understand. why nissan doesnt make an automatic alarm in case if the owners forget to lock their cars.

My sister has '05 Si. her car locks automatically.
But can you describe the exact event in which the car locks itself? How does the car know you're really "gone"? Don't know if it's the same on the Max but on my I35 if you hit the unlock button on the fob & don't do anything in the car, after a certain time the security system automatically arms itself again.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:44 AM

I hope you find out who the ppl are that did this! I guess you had no Lo-Jack installed either! Wow that's really a hard blow....Sorry for the loss bro.....
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by ridinwitha35
But can you describe the exact event in which the car locks itself? How does the car know you're really "gone"? Don't know if it's the same on the Max but on my I35 if you hit the unlock button on the fob & don't do anything in the car, after a certain time the security system automatically arms itself again.
Like you already stated. "if you hit the unlock button on the fob & don't do anything in the car, after a certain time the security system automatically arms itself again". this is what i mean

The first time i had my max, i forgot to hit lock button 'cause i was already get used to with my old car which was will arm in 45sec after i closed the doors. i was thinking that probably the car will lock by itself. later on when i came back around one hour, i didnt hit unlock button 'cause i wanted to check if it was already locked. i was like wtf. it didnt. thanks god nothing was missing.

Like my sis's car, her car will lock by itself within one minute (i think) even though she didnt press the lock button.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ur pretty dumb first of all for leaving the key in the glove box but until u dnt get the key programmed ur ****ed they r gonna be thiefing away at ur car
Old 10-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by maxon2s
ur pretty dumb first of all for leaving the key in the glove box but until u dnt get the key programmed ur ****ed they r gonna be thiefing away at ur car
Way to make an entrance. Must be lonely being you.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:12 PM

I agree with Rochester..I think we're past that part guy
Old 10-24-2009, 02:16 PM

u also have the option to shave the doors and trunk, and install poppers! You should still install the kill switch and use a club...and maybe a locking gas cap so even if the tank is full they can only get 400+ miles out of it before they are tuff-out-a-luck.

i use a brake lock on my truck in conjunction with the alarm b/c i don't drive it often, even when i do drive it i use it EVERY time i park it.

hope this helps!
http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroPol...ft+Devices.htm

Last edited by 00Lightsout; 10-24-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:15 PM

wow another douchebag ******* trying to burn me... get a life losers.

Okay so I found a new set of locks for door, trunk and ignition that comes with a key. Im hoping the nissan dealer can install this for me without charging an arm and a leg...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/02-03-MAXIMA-IGNI...item3ef5b2ff5f

this should work right? it says its from an 02 and thats what I have... Then I just need an extra key cut and programmed right?
Old 10-24-2009, 03:17 PM

LOL check out this guys profile... another maxima with 24's LOL and hes calling me dumb
Old 10-24-2009, 03:44 PM

sorry to hear what happened.. hope you find those ******!! karma will get em sooner or later
Old 10-24-2009, 04:24 PM

okay so I bought a new set of locks for door, trunk and ignition. My friend is a mechanic and he said it should be a fairly easy install. He can put it all in and then we just take it to nissan to reprogram everything.

He also said once we put the new ignition lock in that we can just tape my old key on the new one so it gets the signal for the chip and I can drive it to the dealer.

Those MF's think they are gonna take my car again with that spare key they are gonna be pissed when it doesnt even open the door!

Oh yeah and they tried to take my car again last night!! I had it blocked in the driveway and locked. 5 minutes after getting home my girl was opening the front blinds and saw my lights flashed and the car unlocked. She ran outside and locked the car again. As a result I now have the car parked in a garage at a friends house and probably wont be driving it until I get the new locks put on.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:31 PM

i wound invest in an alaram of some sort.. if they can't steal your car, maybe they will try to vandalize it? just a thought
Old 10-24-2009, 04:44 PM

ya I know thats why Im not just reprogramming the keys but also replacing the locks. I have a factory alarm... there's not much more an aftermarket can do to help. Alarms can't really prevent vandalism. I think Im going to hook up my webcam and laptop in the front window and have it record on motion sensor so if anybody does anything I can get it on video.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 PM

Small wonder they tried again since they have a key. Even after swapping the locks, you're stuck with knowing someone in your neighborhood is a blatant crook, who already stole your car and will try again.

Did you disable the car last night? Are you looking for a better place to live?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:00 PM

oh yeah and get this... last night my buddy and I put a couple stickers on my back window from some stuff I bought (injen, nwp, megan, and maxima.org)...

Since I used glass cleaner to easily position the stickers they had to dry before I could remove the masking so I taped them all down with masking tape. The bastards who stole my car ripped off the tape and the stickers are thrashed and scraped off... wtf why would the even bother with that?
that is one of the stupidest things people do its like a check list for thieves never put stickers on your windshield advertising what you have
Old 10-24-2009, 05:11 PM

On the bright side at least your car wasn't stripped. I'd be flamming pissed, I get mad when someone from any shop has to drive my car from the parking lot 10feet to get it in their garage, if someone was in it and joy riding/ripping sh&T out i'd be BEYOND PISSED. If I were you i'd check your CRAIGSLIST ad ASAP for the cd player and subs/amp you lost. If you find it call ur local police, (apparently I can't take you to take matters into your own hands....) and get on it asap. I've seen a few stolen parts from people I know pop up on craigslist. Or if you have a local pawn shop near your house i'd check there.

+1 on the fuel pump fuse. That way you can hear if someone is trying to start up your car. GL.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:19 PM

If changing your locks is something you wanna pursue, why not see if a local locksmith can re-key the door and ignition cylinders? I did that one time for a guy who had his ford explorer broken into...installed a new door cylinder and rekeyed the ignition cylinder with a different key code so if they somehow matched up the lock with a key they couldn't come and just access the car (it made the customer feel better). Rather than buying what's not broken see if you can just have a locksmith or the dealer re-key them with another code. Might be more cost effective!

Quick Reply: THEY STOLE MY MAXIMA!!!