5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Will I scrape?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 PM

Will I scrape?

Dunno if this would be considered a Adv Suspension forum topic.. (I posted it in that LTB thread and deleted it and posted it here)

I'm lowered on Eibach springs on Illumnias

What do ya think.. Pics!

I rear ended someone.. That's why my hood is black, and the bumper is nicely fubar'd my lip is already nicely scuffed up

Camera kind of sucks.. its SUPER BRIGHT outside.. and it decided to use flash.. and its a Kodak V1253 too.. :P
Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 PM

I doubt it but it would be close.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 PM

I wouldn't chance it with those concrete parking stops.

Is that the Stillen Lip "sport"?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 808max00
I wouldn't chance it with those concrete parking stops.

Is that the Stillen Lip "sport"?
Nope, its a OEM AE lip... or whats left of it.. lol
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
I doubt it but it would be close.
When me and a 200lb+ person sitting in the front.. There are these speed bumps behind this supermarket that are SO HIGH.. they're like curbs.. i scrape my front lip on them pretty bad..

lol i remember going over them, and my cousin was like dood.. those are HUGE.. and after we scraped hes like man my bad

Also, going down my driveway FORWARD, I almost scrape the front lip about.. 80 percent of the time.. i really suck at going down my own driveway lmao

Last edited by FlipCpt45; 06-11-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by FlipCpt45
When me and a 200lb+ person sitting in the front.. There are these speed bumps behind this supermarket that are SO HIGH.. they're like curbs.. i scrape my front lip on them pretty bad..

lol i remember going over them, and my cousin was like dood.. those are HUGE.. and after we scraped hes like man my bad

Also, going down my driveway FORWARD, I almost scrape the front lip about.. 80 percent of the time.. i really suck at going down my own driveway lmao
well... I suggest you get some no fat dude car will scrape stickers. lol jk
I was only judging from the picture you provided which I dont think you will scrape in the driveway, but speedbumps... another story. Because you could go sideways to avoid scraping the lip, but you WILL hit the bar after. So either way it's a lose-lose going over stupid big speedbumps. The LTB is gonna sit low, so it's not really practical for everyday driver IMO of course.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 AM

Look at pictures of mine. I'm dropped a full 2" on coilovers and gonna go a lil lower in the front. I don't scrape unless its a steep incline or decline. Then at that you have to learn how to drive a lowered car. Everything is now at an angle. (which is why girls aren't allowed in the driver's seat of my s**t) Plus your on 18s. You'll be fine!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:23 AM

In the long run, you'll probably get sick and tired of it because it really kills your clearance. And also remember it's super solid and it's bolted on to the frame basically, so god help you when you hit something because it's gonna be violent and you'll be cursing a lot. Just my .02
Old 06-12-2009, 04:29 AM

Thats true your on springs and struts. I've cruised at 135 and it was like high speed hovering above the ground. "like riding in my bed at 135mph"
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by maximo018
Thats true your on springs and struts. I've cruised at 135 and it was like high speed hovering above the ground. "like riding in my bed at 135mph"
my cousin has a honda civic.. and an Evo 9 MR.. both of his cars are LOW! the evo is on tein ss springs.. and the civic is on tein ss coilovers.. He doesn't park on my driveway.. lol

Stock Pontiac Trans AMs 1995-2000 will scrape on my driveway if they don't take it sideways :x
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM

In the long run, you'll probably get sick and tired of it because it really kills your clearance. And also remember it's super solid and it's bolted on to the frame basically, so god help you when you hit something because it's gonna be violent and you'll be cursing a lot. Just my .02
my car feels like its going to separate into two when i go over this one.... how do you describe.. road then immediately hit a 1.5in elevated SLAB of concrete like ________.______ @ 55mph lol looks more like a speed bump :P
Old 06-12-2009, 02:29 PM

I got basicly the same setup, i rarely scrape except on inclines and my resonator scrapes on any speedbump
Old 06-12-2009, 02:53 PM

yeah +1 esp if its your driveway.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:04 PM

My driveway is from the 80s. When you stand in the street you can clearly see straight under any car in the garage. Its that steep. You know what you have to do now. I have to go at a 45 degree angle in reverse then another the opposite direction. Then roll down to straighten up all before coming to the drop off. Then backing up again and I'm good. No one said life was going to be easy after a drop. If I try going up in drive... LMAO! Lets put it this way right at where its most intense at the side walk. I've literally stopped the car got out and she was tittering on two wheel motion. Passenger front and driver rear. Funny as hell! I even had to sit there a minute and rock it from corner to corner. Anywayz back to topic you'll be fine. I bet I could get your car on your driveway then come back and do it with mine.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:37 PM

very tempted to do one.. this and a RSB!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:13 PM

the lowest part of my front bumper is 4 inches off the ground. I am lowered on S techs and Tokico HPs...and I dont scrape anywhere...you need to know how to drive properly...you need to angle properly...driving low cars is a skill especially on ****ty roads...for your set up I dont think you should have any issues...the biggest killer is reversing down slopes (i.e. off driveways) because its really easy to scrape in reverse as soon as your front tires come off the drop
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

I think it's time for me to make a "how to drive slammed" video for the .org. I barely touch anything ever, and I have one of the lowest ride heights out of anyone on this site.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by essential1
I think it's time for me to make a "how to drive slammed" video for the .org. I barely touch anything ever, and I have one of the lowest ride heights out of anyone on this site.
Blah, you live in Florida your car would have a cracked oil pan by now if you were up north. I've hear my stillen lip scrap from a huge dip on the expressway before.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Well, i just ordered the stage 2 LTB for my car... lets hope for the best..
Old 06-15-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by PulsarGTS
Blah, you live in Florida your car would have a cracked oil pan by now if you were up north. I've hear my stillen lip scrap from a huge dip on the expressway before.
Hell yeah. up north are some of the WORST roads! especially Chicago.. lolz
Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
What type of suspension you rollin on?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Turbo'd Saab

There is away to drive if your lowered and there is a way not to drive.

Key part is SLOW DOWN, scraping at low speeds isn't as bad as doing it at a high rate of speed.

Your gonna scrape every once in a while, so what. I scraped a **** ton of times over speed bumps and other places, its gonna happen.

you all say skrape??? *ah i miss this band*

Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 AM

but chances are when you do scrape your LTB, it's gonna be ugly because it's solid and there's no give. I hit the damn gas station cap things on the ground against my rear frame by the b-pipe once and it was awful and the noise was painful to hear.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:35 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by PulsarGTS
lol, not all roads in FL are perfect. I've been known to suddenly cut across 2 lanes at a time just to avoid an unexpected dip. But for the most part, i've got about 50 miles of South florida highway memorized already.

Originally Posted by maximo018
What type of suspension you rollin on?
Coilovers all around.

I hit the damn gas station cap things on the ground against my rear frame by the b-pipe once and it was awful and the noise was painful to hear.
Try getting stuck on one...
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Turbo'd Saab

but chances are when you do scrape your LTB, it's gonna be ugly because it's solid and there's no give. I hit the damn gas station cap things on the ground against my rear frame by the b-pipe once and it was awful and the noise was painful to hear.
see everyone thinks that, remember the LTB is in line with the wheels, so when the wheels go up and over a bump, so does the LTB.

just gotta watch out for man hole covers that stick about 4" above ground, rare, but they do exist.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Turbo'd Saab

I use to hit these speed bumps in the parking garage hard so i would scrape and all the people would turn and look at my car ...

I had SFCs so all i scraped was the bolts and x-brace.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
see everyone thinks that, remember the LTB is in line with the wheels, so when the wheels go up and over a bump, so does the LTB.

just gotta watch out for man hole covers that stick about 4" above ground, rare, but they do exist.
+1 I said this in the first thread.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM

i'm so excited! i can't wait. lol

i went out today, and looked at various roads that i drove on regularly and thought if it would be dangerous to drive 1.5inches lesser clearance on..

1.5in is about how much clearance you lose right? :P
Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Turbo'd Saab

i'm so excited! i can't wait. lol

i went out today, and looked at various roads that i drove on regularly and thought if it would be dangerous to drive 1.5inches lesser clearance on..

1.5in is about how much clearance you lose right? :P
I hit my LTB twice, In the same spot. There is one street that is really bad around here on beach side, and it goes down and dips severly and while in the dip is a man hole that sticks up above the ground like 4", I've hit once at like 10mph....stupid me I went down the street like 4 months later doing 40 and hit it. (its extreme circumstances that something like that will happen, driving around lowered, you will know when something is going to scrape)

I must add...Please remember I had my LTB on with Headers so I only had about 2-3" till the LTB hit the ground.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...b-carnage.html

BTW, I'm not trying to convince anyone here not to buy one, in fact I'm telling you all to buy one, best mod you will ever do in the feel of it department but on top that it does help to protect your stuff

Last edited by DrunkieTheBear; 06-16-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:33 PM

I hit my LTB twice, In the same spot. There is one street that is really bad around here on beach side, and it goes down and dips severly and while in the dip is a man hole that sticks up above the ground like 4", I've hit once at like 10mph....stupid me I went down the street like 4 months later doing 40 and hit it. (its extreme circumstances that something like that will happen, driving around lowered, you will know when something is going to scrape)

I must add...Please remember I had my LTB on with Headers so I only had about 2-3" till the LTB hit the ground.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...b-carnage.html

BTW, I'm not trying to convince anyone here not to buy one, in fact I'm telling you all to buy one, best mod you will ever do in the feel of it department but on top that it does help to protect your stuff
i was convinced awhile back when i heard the words.. "really tightened up my front end" "set my illuminas to 4th stiffness level" lol
Old 06-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Turbo'd Saab

wait for it....wait for it....wait for it.........................wam! lambo goes flying
Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM

wait for it....wait for it....wait for it.........................wam! lambo goes flying
I saw that one before.. lol i'm guessing that car that spun out before the lambo was a I35 with a stage 2 ltb

and wtf is that on the road?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Turbo'd Saab

I saw that one before.. lol i'm guessing that car that spun out before the lambo was a I35 with a stage 2 ltb

and wtf is that on the road?
probably a raised cross walk...that hadn't been painted yet.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 PM

i hear alot people have the RSB first.. but i got the stage 2 LTB first.. what should i be expecting?

Just the opposite of a RSB: More understeer?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Turbo'd Saab

i hear alot people have the RSB first.. but i got the stage 2 LTB first.. what should i be expecting?

Just the opposite of a RSB: More understeer?
it takes alot to induce understeer, you need to be road coarse racing to really induce that kind of problem.

What you will notice is the steering wheel is really tight feeling and the steering is way more precise and predictable. Just one of the best mods you can do.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:32 PM

it takes alot to induce understeer, you need to be road coarse racing to really induce that kind of problem.

What you will notice is the steering wheel is really tight feeling and the steering is way more precise and predictable. Just one of the best mods you can do.
next to SFCs and RSB?

and a turbo kit
Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Turbo'd Saab

one of my slower runs of the day at 0:44s

I did have a 0:40s time

I never got a mount so I could have it in the car for my road coarse stuff I did, my maxima did pretty good for a FWD and Rear beam setup.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 PM

one of my slower runs of the day at 0:44s

I did have a 0:40s time

I never got a mount so I could have it in the car for my road coarse stuff I did, my maxima did pretty good for a FWD and Rear beam setup.

This is Stg 2 LTB, RSB, and SFCs?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Look what came in a potato box

Old 06-18-2009, 03:57 PM

mmmmm yummy pie!!! remember to post pix of installation and stuff too!!

Quick Reply: Will I scrape?