5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

MY RIMS JUST GOT STOLEN

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM

MY RIMS JUST GOT STOLEN

So i took my rims off my car for the winter time back in October and put the stockers back on.

Today My dad goes around to one of the TWO side by side garages that we have in our neighborhood, and what do you know, my Rims and tires along with some of my dad's power tools, some of my high end computer parts, other performance parts that i hadnt gotten a chance to put on, a couple HID kits, some of my dads tactical military gear....

The thing is, Im pretty sure it was some one that lives in my neighborhood, because those two garages were the only two WITH THE LOCKS CUT AND GONE! arrrrgh!! and IVE NEVER SEEN ANY CAR IN THIS CITY WITH MY WHEELS especially 19's, in fact i ALWAYS GET COMPLIMENTS....i mean damn who steals "silver" rims........You would think the low lives would be able to sell them if they were CHROME or something

I wonder if i can file an insurance claim to say my wheels got stolen, I figured I'd ask

But other than that im here simply to vent.

I swear people cant even enjoy ****, i didnt even have those damn rims for a year. I
Old 01-20-2009, 09:13 PM

sorry to hear about your loss man...its so sad that some people in this world just steal sh*t from other people who worked hard to get their parts....as long as people mod their cars there are always going to be low life morons who will be there waiting for the right opportunity to jack your sh*t
Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM

your pops should have home owners insurance....did you file a police report?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM

You can file a claim, but it would be covered under homeowners insurance, not your car.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stormzusmc
your pops should have home owners insurance....did you file a police report?

that would be nice......but the only problem is, the fact that these two particular garages ARE NOT connected to our home .....*sighs* Sux to be us at this time....We filed a police reports, but cops in this city tend to be slow and useless in responses to this
Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 PM

Post a pic of your wheels I dont remember what they looked like, but you know how it is round here they'll be on something stupid like a Vic or some fool will try and sell you your own wheels.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM

i find it hard to believe that since its not physically connected to the house itself that it is not covered...i would call the insurance company to verify...if so, never leave **** outside in those garages again lol
Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM

Ins. may cover "offsite storage" check that into it.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 PM

its on the property in which they pay the mortgage..if im wrong please correct me! i hope im not for your sake!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Homeowners insurance may cover it, depends on the policy "riders". Call your insurance agent and check. As far as the police go, they're the same all over. They don't care about burglaries unless some one got killed or the dollar value is super high.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by maxboy325
Post a pic of your wheels I dont remember what they looked like, but you know how it is round here they'll be on something stupid like a Vic or some fool will try and sell you your own wheels.

lol, yea basically. I wouldnt know what to do if some fool decides to sell my own ISH back to me

here is a couple pics of my car with the wheels and one with an up close shot of what the wheel looks like

Old 01-20-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by maxboy325
Ins. may cover "offsite storage" check that into it.
i find it hard to believe that since its not physically connected to the house itself that it is not covered...i would call the insurance company to verify...if so, never leave **** outside in those garages again lol
its on the property in which they pay the mortgage..if im wrong please correct me! i hope im not for your sake!
Originally Posted by DennisMik
Homeowners insurance may cover it, depends on the policy "riders". Call your insurance agent and check. As far as the police go, they're the same all over. They don't care about burglaries unless some one got killed or the dollar value is super high.
well as far as homowners insurance goes...Im not sure what my dad is gonna do or how their insurance works. I only know about car insurance. The garages are NOT connected to our home or EVEN on the same block...The garages in question are behind some row homes that my parents OWN, but only one of them are rented out

I guess Ill more than likely have to chock it out and buy a new set of wheels, sometime this summer..Im gonna get the same ones because i like them

and for those of you who dont like them........TOUGH, I do, lol (nah j/k)
Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM

good luck
Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I will give you some advice from the law side. My dpartment has a pawnshop unit, they go out to local shops checking for stolen items, you can provide them with the serial numbers along with pictures of the wheels. If your local PD has one provide them with the information. My next advice would be to check ebay and craigslist on a daily basis. Not just local craigslist but surrounding cities. And as others mentioned keep a eye open for the wheels on someone elses vehicle. Hopefully its a smaller city with not a lot going on and the police can give you help with the case. If its a larger city it may be on a back burner... I know I know but violent and personal crimes take precident over property crimes. Next advice is do not approach the individual if you see the wheels, get a plate number and follow them if you can and get a address the ball will be in your court completely if you go about it the right way. GOOD LUCK hope this helps and sory to hear about it.
Josh
Old 01-20-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 05-SE
I will give you some advice from the law side. My dpartment has a pawnshop unit, they go out to local shops checking for stolen items, you can provide them with the serial numbers along with pictures of the wheels. If your local PD has one provide them with the information. My next advice would be to check ebay and craigslist on a daily basis. Not just local craigslist but surrounding cities. And as others mentioned keep a eye open for the wheels on someone elses vehicle. Hopefully its a smaller city with not a lot going on and the police can give you help with the case. If its a larger city it may be on a back burner... I know I know but violent and personal crimes take precident over property crimes. Next advice is do not approach the individual if you see the wheels, get a plate number and follow them if you can and get a address the ball will be in your court completely if you go about it the right way. GOOD LUCK hope this helps and sory to hear about it.
Josh
I UNDERSTAND TOTALLY what your saying!, and that info is VERY VERY much appreciated Josh....Ill check and see if any SN numbers were written on the paper work.

I had no idea that Some PD's employ units that go out to various pawn shops, but then again I had heard that pawn shops now are required to get Drivers License info, SSN's, and asks the person who wants to sell an item various other questions. I guess They will come back up at some point

But most definitely, Im not going to confront any one..Im 22 years old, and in college...I dont have a criminal record and DONT WANT ONE, LOL. I'd thought about what i would do if i saw some one, and JUST what you said is what was running through my mind, get the License plate number, make and model of car, and possibly an address of where the car was parked....

Last edited by hi-tek22; 01-20-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:35 PM

good luck
thanks bro..I need it...Im trying to be optimistic and happy about this
Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 AM

It's someone you know bro! They had to know what was in there unless their name is Clark Kent! Good luck don't go to jail for them, it's not worth it....Every dog has it's day!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear that man.....Good luck with getting things back or at least some $ for them.

There are a lot of people in this world who really suck. They dont want to work to earn things, so they just steal them. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:36 AM

That sucks man I know how you feel my got stolen while they were on my car years ago never saw them again police didn't do any about. Hope you have better luck than me.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:39 AM

sorry to hear wut happened, those rims looks beautiful on ur car, u should check craigslist or ebay sometime to see if the idiots try to sell them.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:09 AM

Sorry to hear that. It just sucks when all your hard work gets ripped off by someone who wants stuff, but not work for it.

You're probably out of luck for the insurance unless the houses that the gargaes are associated with had homeowners insurance and covered contents. Most of teh time for rentals the owner only carries insurance on the building. The contents have to be insured by the renter.

My buddy had the same problem. H had a rental with a storage shed on it. The renter had insurance for their contents, but when the stoarge shed got ripped off she wasn't willing to put a claim into her insurance since she didn't have access to the hed and it wasn't her stuff.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 AM

Hey bro I will help you keep an eye out on ebay, never done much "craig list" so don't know about that but I will try. If I see something similar to your rims I will send you a pm with a link.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

sucks man my brother had the his flip out screen 2 subs and two amps stolen out of his truck last year and we live in a real good quiet neigborhood and it was his friend we found it out and he wwas arrested good luck with findin them sorr y about ur loss
Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by hardincah
Hey bro I will help you keep an eye out on ebay, never done much "craig list" so don't know about that but I will try. If I see something similar to your rims I will send you a pm with a link.

awww man, that would be appreciated.....thanks for the assist, ive checked ebay, and craigs list lastnight JUST for kicks ..... u know to keep the spirits up,

In all honesty, I really dont even think the perpetrator(s) are that SMART, ya know...But then again, i STILL wont put it past them

I know for sure its some one in this neighborhood...However I DONT EVEN associate with anyone in my neighborhood, my "CLOSE" circle of friends dont even live on this side of town, and several dont even live in this state.

I filed a police report already, I called some of the local pawn shops this morning
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by scarface4522
sorry to hear wut happened, those rims looks beautiful on ur car, u should check craigslist or ebay sometime to see if the idiots try to sell them.
thanks man, I really liked them too......they are actually cheaper NOW, then when i purchased them last summer lol

Originally Posted by blk6spdmax
sucks man my brother had the his flip out screen 2 subs and two amps stolen out of his truck last year and we live in a real good quiet neigborhood and it was his friend we found it out and he wwas arrested good luck with findin them sorr y about ur loss

GOD DAMN THIEVES I TELL YOU, .......its saddening to see stuff like that
Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 AM

sorry to hear that...what a horrible feeling
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 AM

Homeowners will cover it, attached or not. Probably a high deductible as most homeowners is but they'll cover it...
Old 01-21-2009, 10:10 AM

damn..those are some decent rims. sorry to hear about the loss. i would def try to file a claim on the homeowners. and keep ur eyes open and ears perked for any chatter. It can be helpful to know one or two of the local lowlifes too!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by nissandrvr98
damn..those are some decent rims. sorry to hear about the loss. i would def try to file a claim on the homeowners. and keep ur eyes open and ears perked for any chatter. It can be helpful to know one or two of the local lowlifes too!
lol yea tell me about it. One of the guys that works at my uncles barbershop, knows a few "LOW LIFES" in my neighborhood. He said he would look into it, and he is a pretty reliable person
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hi,

sorry to hear about the loss. I really like those wheels. Care to share the brand, style and sizes please? also how much you paid for them if you dont mind me asking
Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by speedkills
hi,

sorry to hear about the loss. I really like those wheels. Care to share the brand, style and sizes please? also how much you paid for them if you dont mind me asking

thanks man. No problem

Ill share the info

Rim: RPM R-505 19x8.5 +38mm offset
Tire: General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19

I got them from www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com

Ironically i paid $1,395 EVEN for them when i purchased them last summer and that was with free shipping because of the special they had...Now they cost $1,366 WITH shipping lol which is infact cheaper than i paid lol
Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by hi-tek22
thanks man. No problem

Ill share the info

Rim: RPM R-505 19x8.5 +38mm offset
Tire: General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19

I got them from www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com

Ironically i paid $1,395 EVEN for them when i purchased them last summer and that was with free shipping because of the special they had...Now they cost $1,366 WITH shipping lol which is infact cheaper than i paid lol
, i thought they were HPS Lightning Evos
Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by FlipCpt45
, i thought they were HPS Lightning Evos

RPM could be an HP company, Im not sure. But they are almost identical in design
Old 01-21-2009, 12:44 PM

Sorry for your loss. I bought 20's that I plan to put on in the spring and I'm nervous thinking about now. I plan to buy 4 or 5 sets of different wheel locks from Mcgard to prevent someone from stealing them. I'm in the Windsor Mill/Randallstown area. It's definately somebody in your neighborhood.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 PM

I feel your pain. I've had both my truck and house broken into. I still find myself getting up in the middle of the night to check things out.

Do you have a recycling company in your town? The stupid ones are only out for a quick dollar. So they opt to try to cash in for the going price of aluminum. Might be another option to find your wheels.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by hi-tek22
So i took my rims off my car for the winter time back in October and put the stockers back on.

Today My dad goes around to one of the TWO side by side garages that we have in our neighborhood, and what do you know, my Rims and tires along with some of my dad's power tools, some of my high end computer parts, other performance parts that i hadnt gotten a chance to put on, a couple HID kits, some of my dads tactical military gear....

The thing is, Im pretty sure it was some one that lives in my neighborhood, because those two garages were the only two WITH THE LOCKS CUT AND GONE! arrrrgh!! and IVE NEVER SEEN ANY CAR IN THIS CITY WITH MY WHEELS especially 19's, in fact i ALWAYS GET COMPLIMENTS....i mean damn who steals "silver" rims........You would think the low lives would be able to sell them if they were CHROME or something

I wonder if i can file an insurance claim to say my wheels got stolen, I figured I'd ask

But other than that im here simply to vent.

I swear people cant even enjoy ****, i didnt even have those damn rims for a year. I
DAMN! That sucks man like you said someone was probably eyeing your stuff that how it always happens. You could try the insurance company if all else fails i live across town we can go find the bastards and take it to the streets!.....jk
Old 01-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ICULookN
Sorry for your loss. I bought 20's that I plan to put on in the spring and I'm nervous thinking about now. I plan to buy 4 or 5 sets of different wheel locks from Mcgard to prevent someone from stealing them. I'm in the Windsor Mill/Randallstown area. It's definately somebody in your neighborhood.

damn i know what you mean.....Randallstown isnt too bad, but ****'s out there think their thugs....

Originally Posted by Jreed2008
DAMN! That sucks man like you said someone was probably eyeing your stuff that how it always happens. You could try the insurance company if all else fails i live across town we can go find the bastards and take it to the streets!.....jk
lol, all i know is im going to "TRY" and remain calm if i see some one with my wheels...I know just how much curb rash was on each wheel except one....see what happens when you left the wifey drive the car with rims
Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 PM

Wow, this is sad. Just today after school as i was dropping off my friend (Avenel, NJ), his neighbors brand NEW G37 rims were jacked. Damn thieves couldn't even be kind enough to use four blocks. Car was leaning on its front bumper with two blocks somewhat towards the rear. Im gonna roll by there in a bit and snap a pic. id be p[issed as hell.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by mymaxi41691
Wow, this is sad. Just today after school as i was dropping off my friend (Avenel, NJ), his neighbors brand NEW G37 rims were jacked. Damn thieves couldn't even be kind enough to use four blocks. Car was leaning on its front bumper with two blocks somewhat towards the rear. Im gonna roll by there in a bit and snap a pic. id be p[issed as hell.

GOD DAMN man, lol.....wow, its not funny, AND im not laughing at the fact that the rims got stolen, becuz i can relate..

But whats funny IS HOW THIEVES cant even be a tad considerate like u said...FRESH G37 sitting on the ground!!! with no blocks, *shake my head*

I'd have been more upset if my rims had got stolen WHILE ON THE CAR, and my ride was leaning
Old 01-22-2009, 02:21 PM

same thing happened to my accord. fools left it leaning with one rotor on the ground and it teetoring on two honda jacks

Quick Reply: MY RIMS JUST GOT STOLEN