5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Smoked side markers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
In for pics John, I have to admit, I've never seen this style of LED bulb installed or lit up.
Search ebay on "refractor led" and you'll find lots of info.

Basically, four LED's capped with a plastic lens in opposing directions, and one on top.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Rear marker photos here. I'm sure I could take a better picture, but night shots are tough, and I'm not really a photographer, I have a lousy old camera, it's raining, I'm tired... (excuses galore )

Looking at these, the difference between red and amber isn't very evident here in these photos, but believe me, the fronts are definitely amber, and the rears are decidedly red. Honest.

And the fronts again, for continuity:

Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Search ebay on "refractor led" and you'll find lots of info.

Basically, four LED's capped with a plastic lens in opposing directions, and one on top.

I carry them, I sell/install Tyutyunnik's T10 15 LED and T10 5 LED. Only white though. Haven't seen coloured.

Rear marker photos here. I'm sure I could take a better picture, but night shots are tough, and I'm not really a photographer, I have a lousy old camera, it's raining, I'm tired... (excuses galore )

Looking at these, the difference between red and amber isn't very evident here in these photos, but believe me, the fronts are definitely amber, and the rears are decidedly red. Honest.

The Red looks GREAT. The amber, meh... maybe it's just the picture, but it just doesn't match, looks yellow. Probably just the manufacturer, I bet you'd have to try quite a few before finding a true amber one.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM

The secret for steady no flash pics to come out clear in your garage is to grab something flat, put the camera on it, set it for a delayed shot (like you're taking a self portrait - usually 2- 10 second delay), and then take the pic while not holding the camera. This way, the shutter stays open longer and you won't have camera shake from your hands holding it.

Last edited by TallTom; 04-04-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 AM

it looks 'at home' on a silver car, i'm not sure on a white car though...even the smoked seems hard to pull off...i may get some and throw a light coat of night shades on it or something
Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
The Red looks GREAT. The amber, meh... maybe it's just the picture, but it just doesn't match, looks yellow.
Funny, but I think the ambers look better than the reds. Personal color preference, I suppose.

Originally Posted by TallTom
The secret for steady no flash pics to come out clear in your garage is to grab something flat, put the camera on it, set it for a delayed shot (like you're taking a self portrait - usually 2- 10 second delay), and then take the pic while not holding the camera. This way, the shutter stays open longer and you won't have camera shake from your hands holding it.
Good point. I should use my camera stand more often for steady, high-exposure shots.

Originally Posted by phatboislim
it looks 'at home' on a silver car, i'm not sure on a white car though...even the smoked seems hard to pull off...i may get some and throw a light coat of night shades on it or something
Yes sir, that's true. Sheer Silver can carry this off much better than other colors. Sterling Mist is a close second. On my car, the chrome trim, chrome letter badges, and clear/chrome headlights and tails work better than those with a more rich paint color.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM

I also had a set of these bulbs arrive today. It's a pretty common design on eBay, I think. Five, red SMD emitters... 4 in opposing corners and one forward.

When it gets a little warmer, I'll take the rears back out, paint the white edge on the inside, and see which of these types of bulbs are better. I'm guessing they're about the same, or good enough.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

Nice wheels ....

Seeing your car makes me want to refinish my headlights and purchase a new front end ... soo clean.

It would pay off since I hardly drive it anymore, it's almost more of a show car, but the front end shows remnants of its once hectic DD duties.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Soon as I find some film for this old Kodak Disc Camera, son.
For some strange, almost eerie reason, this reminds me of the Pied Piper luring the children out of town.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Nice wheels ....

Seeing your car makes me want to refinish my headlights and purchase a new front end ... soo clean.

It would pay off since I hardly drive it anymore, it's almost more of a show car, but the front end shows remnants of its once hectic DD duties.
I see you noticed my Winter steelies. For what it's worth, my front bumper feels like sandpaper, Manny, so I sympathize. Photos are forgiving.

Originally Posted by spock
For some strange, almost eerie reason, this reminds me of the Pied Piper luring the children out of town.
Kodak is/was Rochester, NY. And the Disc Camera was a POS camera from the early 80's. Cute and handy, but poor image quality.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 PM

Oh I remember the camera, but it has nothing to do with what I meant.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by perkman87

Do it yourself and save money IMO... It looks better. And yes what color is your Max?
i got mine from ebay also i like the way they look....
is your DIY by painting them with some of that transparent paint or something like that?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 AM

That's what I did... I got a dark green maxima. I smaked the quarter and bumper up pulling into my underground, so I got my buddy at work to dump some base color into the clear when he was putting on the last coat and smoked my lights body color. They look awesome!
Originally Posted by ae01maxine
Why not DIY? Depending on your taste, you can do it yourself for cheaper and they look better