5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Please educate me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Cletus

to help newbies...we started a thread for them....and everything gets answered...there is no excuse for threads like this
Old 05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by jasonmax
everybody starts from a noob, we can't ignore our past because we are pros.
Look here, son. Soonerfan was NEVER a noob. He was born with the equipment pictured below and a vendetta against all topics that are not up to his standards. A lethal combination (capable of destroying ANY thread in 3 posts or less!)!:

Notice how your thread is no longer about the topic at all? EPIC FAIL!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Cletus

Damn me for my believe that rules should be followed.
Yes I was a new member once... and I spent months reading the stickies, FAQs, other threads, along with other website to increase my maxima knowledge and the way this plan ran.
95% of problems have been discussed before...we are talking about cars that are 5-8 years old. Now that search is over for everyone, there is no reason (but laziness) not to search for the answer.
And we even created a thread for the people that don’t want to search. In this wonderful thread, there is no flaming. Even the most basic question gets answered in a timely manner.
But people still think their question is so important...that they create threads like this....and then think they have the right to throw a fit when someone suggests better ways of getting the information. Then other newbies (still sore from their flaming) jump in to defend the people...vilify the veterans that have been giving to this forum for years… and would more than happy to answer a question...in the proper forum.
Just remember...the people you blame for bringing the forum down...are the exact same people that kept this forum running before you even owned a maxima...and are the exact same people that could answer all your question (in the proper place)...but those bridges get burned while trying to defend yourself for a pointless thread. Worth it?
The majority of the 5th gen knowledge base doesn’t even post in the 5th Gen forum any more…they are sick of spoon feeding people over and over and over.
You want answers…but don’t respect the people that have the answers.
But of course nothing will ever change...brand new people will still start threads when the information is available...people that have been here a little longer will spoon feed them answers that arent exactly right...and the veterans will continue to get sick of it. Some of you better step up fast before all the knowledge is gone.

Last edited by SoonerFan; 05-10-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:31 AM

Old 05-10-2008, 12:54 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

sooner 95% of your posts that I see are pointless and annoying like "omgawd I'm your E-MOM AND THATS ILLEGAL, noob"

or

"search you worthless noobs, quit wasting my time!"

The others are the rare vaguely informative post or more often a nod of agreement to someone who's already typed out the info.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by sparks03max
sooner 95% of your posts that I see are pointless and annoying like "omgawd I'm your E-MOM AND THATS ILLEGAL, noob"

or

"search you worthless noobs, quit wasting my time!"

The others are the rare vaguely informative post or more often a nod of agreement to someone who's already typed out the info.
because 95% of the threads are pointless

and i dont have knowledge and dont help?

remember the newbie thread i mentioned?

top posters -
SoonerFan 508
NmexMAX 467
irish44j 382
Old 05-10-2008, 07:06 AM
OG and counting...

Originally Posted by SoonerFan

i try to tell people that they will understand some day......

Soonerfanism, noun: (1) the belief that there are, in fact, stupid questions; (2) the understanding that, while many questions are worthwhile, there are better places to ask them; (3) the knowledge that, although some questions may be worthwhile, a simple search may reveal answers.
.....or the Cliff's Notes version is "Seek and ye shall find."

In a nutshell, I have understood Sooner's and many other approaches to this problem for years. There is a thread dedicated to newb questions that was created some time ago. However, there are people who persist in creating threads that ask questions that are covered there because the Search tool or Google is a foreign concept.