5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

MrBurner on Autotrader

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 08:18 AM

OUCH! Thats what you could probably buy a AE for new right now!<url>http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdeta...29073977914685</url>
Old 08-16-2001, 08:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2000 SE
Thats what you could probably buy a AE for new [QUOTE]

that sentence makes my brain hurt
Old 08-16-2001, 08:35 AM

$27,500.00 Good luck to you Zach. It is a really nice car though.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:42 AM

You'll sell it be patient. I am trying to sell mine for 21,900 and it takes a while sometimes. Don't let people bash you!

Originally posted by FloMax
$27,500.00 Good luck to you Zach. It is a really nice car though.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:53 AM

Zach has a lot of mods on it. If he's patient and finds a buyer who likes that setup, he can probably get most of what he's asking for.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:11 AM

im betting no one will buy that
$27,500?
for a USED 00 or 02 maxima?
gotta be kidding...
Old 08-16-2001, 10:22 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

aftermarket mods usually aren't worth shia when you go to sell the car. He'd probably be better off taking everything out (if possible) and then selling both the car and the mods seperately.

For $27.5k I'd buy a 2k2 Maxima!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 10:36 AM
I'm needing a caw

Yeah, I agree w/ Stev. Yeah he spent alot on mods and has alot of custom stuff, but in reality, those mods just narrow the potential buying market of the car. Returning the car to stock would make it easier to sell but I think burner's car might be too far customized for that now.

Good luck though. I don't get you guys kinda slamin' people for trying to sell their car for alot of $$. Don't you WANT you cars to be able to be sold for that much?

Originally posted by SteVTEC
aftermarket mods usually aren't worth shia when you go to sell the car. He'd probably be better off taking everything out (if possible) and then selling both the car and the mods seperately.

For $27.5k I'd buy a 2k2 Maxima!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 11:10 AM
RBa

Hey MrBurner.. Thinking of sellin your Ninja kit??? Put me down for a loan at autotrader and I would be more than interested...
Old 08-16-2001, 11:40 AM

With all those mods I'm sure he will sell it. You probably could buy an AE for that price, but his car is faster, looks better, and has more features(playstation 2, Tv, etc). The only question is how many miles are on it???
Old 08-16-2001, 12:25 PM

g'luck zach.. do what you please, but take into referense what some ppl have to say.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:51 PM

I wasn't trying to bash on Zach, but I thought he said that he would take somewhere around 24k-25k for the car not $27,500. When your selling something, you have to take into consideration what banks will loan and that may be a little high. I just bought my 00'SE in the end of June and I bought it for 17k, and it is loaded with only 10k miles.

By the way, the DVD/TV set up is not nearly as expensive as most people think!!
Old 08-16-2001, 02:09 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Bling bling! Good luck Zach!
Old 08-16-2001, 02:50 PM

Did I miss a thread on why he's selling his car? Too bad I hope he gets a 02, his car was really nice though, everything cept the rear part of the skirt. Anyway you would probably be better off selling the mods seperate they are well sought after on ebay...
Old 08-16-2001, 03:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i know why is he selling his car its so nice and pretty new
Old 08-16-2001, 05:31 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by MaDxKiLLa
i know why is he selling his car its so nice and pretty new
Actually, he's selling it because he can't even beat a 5-speed Max with all them goodies. He's got stick envy. J/K of course. I think he's heading off to school, so he's probably upgrading to hang with more of the status quo.

He could find a sucker for that price, but I bet he'll get/take around $24K from some rich kids parents. Clean Maximas are pretty rare in the "private sector" around here(AZ), so someone might be a little more willing to come up with more out-of-pocket to cover the difference from what the bank says it's worth and what he sells it for.

So what's next ZACH? A BMW 330, used Supra, or ?????
Old 08-16-2001, 10:28 PM

hmm...well i just saw this thread now

around here in autotrader, a fully loaded se with every option including side airbags and everything goes for around $23000-$24500...i figured asking $3k for $12k worth of mods is decent...i just compared what they are usually going for around here...the lowest i will take is $25k, but i figured i should leave some room for bargaining...just have to find the right buyer...i am off to school on tuesday (in ohio) so if my parents can't sell it by the time i'm back for winter break, i will take everything off and sell it seperately...some things i will take a hit for, though since i don't have some stock parts...i have my stock b pipe, but not the muffler...i should have my stock springs, but this guy a long time ago that was willing to trade my stock springs for his eibachs has them (never sent the eibachs...keeps saying he will send the stocks back)...i have a stock rear bumper but the front is cracked from hitting a raccoon (the reason i got the body kit)...i have the stock deck and stereo and everything...have stock pedals and stock shifter...have stock intake...so basically i would have to leave the guage rings on and have a few holes next to the door sills from the sideskirts, but other than that, i think it can be done...i'd have to strip the paint of my calipers and i might have to keep my new brakes on there...not sure yet though

i have about 23k miles...a little higher than average but it was an early build (1999 build)

so if my parents aren't able to sell it, i'll part it out...should take a day or two to take everything off

i'll probably sell everything since i am thinking about getting the new pioneer tv for my new car...well if i part it out here are the rough prices for everything

eibachs $150
bridgestone potenza re730 235/45zr17 tires...trade for stock plus you pay $200 plus whatever it costs to change tires(cost me 800)...plus you get roadside assistance warranty
cattman fstb $50
stillen rsb $175
red pr cai $175
cattman y pipe $350
cattman custom catback (they were going to retail it for around 1200) you give me your muffler and $500 i guess something like that for full 304 stainless steel exhaust (ask anyone who has heard it...one of the nicest exhaust on any v6 you will hear)
stillen brembo x drilled front rotors $100 plus stocks (2 weeks old)
porterfield r4-s pads front and rear $100 plus stocks (2 weeks old)
ss lines $75
body kit (better to get someone w/ a silver car) $500 plus your front bumper

stereo:
2 jl 12w3 d6 subs in custom box $450
alpine cva 1005 $850
alpine cda 5755 $450
alpine cha 1214 $225

chrome guage rings (trade straight up for a set of stock guages...my guages w/ rings for your guages w/o rings)
levoc 452 automatic carbon fiber shift **** with overdrive $70

i also have a straight pipe that only works with my exhaust that takes out the cat (doesn't work w/ stock exhaust...flanges are different sizes and at different places)...let that go with the exhaust

can't really think of the other stuff...i'm sure there is other stuff on the car that i can't think of...i think most of those prices are reasonable...let me know if you are interested in anything and i will try to make a list so if i decide to part it out, i know who wants what and hopefully by then everyone will still want everything

i have gotten a few calls so far, but nothing serious...just basic questions about the car etc. but it hasn't been advertised too long...thats the thing w/ customized cars...just gotta find the right buyer
Old 08-16-2001, 10:38 PM

damn that was a long post

btw, i am defenitely getting the supra...defenitely getting a 6spd tt...not settling for auto again..ever

i considered a bmw 330 and that is way too expensive...it is really nice, but not as fast as i'd like and has a limited potential and very expensive aftermarket

considered a few other cars...test drove a 97m3 5spd w/ dinan cai, dinan exhaust, and a chip and compared to the auto tt supra i test drove, it was nothing...the supra didn't have great low end but the one i test drove had quite a few problems and even with the problems, it beat all the other cars hands down...i just need to find a tt supra owned by some old person so hopefully it hasn't been raced too much...i can afford anything $35k and down (i'll take out another loan)...i want a newer 95-98 supra...it has to be a stick and has to be twin turbo...so basically it has to be a 6spd...and under 60k miles...color doesn't matter...thats what i'm looking for...let me know if anyone can find anything in arizona or in ohio (where i'm moving to)

well...start calling stuff i guess...i leave tuesday so i defenitely won't have time to take stuff off until i'm back in december for break
Old 08-16-2001, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by MrBurner

btw, i am defenitely getting the supra...defenitely getting a 6spd tt...not settling for auto again..ever

i considered a bmw 330 and that is way too expensive...it is really nice, but not as fast as i'd like and has a limited potential and very expensive aftermarket

considered a few other cars...test drove a 97m3 5spd w/ dinan cai, dinan exhaust, and a chip and compared to the auto tt supra i test drove, it was nothing...the supra didn't have great low end but the one i test drove had quite a few problems and even with the problems, it beat all the other cars hands down...i just need to find a tt supra owned by some old person so hopefully it hasn't been raced too much...i can afford anything $35k and down (i'll take out another loan)...i want a newer 95-98 supra...it has to be a stick and has to be twin turbo...so basically it has to be a 6spd...and under 60k miles...color doesn't matter...thats what i'm looking for...let me know if anyone can find anything in arizona or in ohio (where i'm moving to)

well...start calling stuff i guess...i leave tuesday so i defenitely won't have time to take stuff off until i'm back in december for break
If you have to take all your mods out I'll buy the Stillen RSB and your eibach's. Check your PMs.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:09 AM

Why are you sellin your car anyway? You put a ton of money into why sell it and loose all that money, your car is one of the hottest Maxima's on the board besides Kev's and mine when it is done and I have pix LOL

Good luck man.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:23 AM

ill take ur bodykit for 500......are you saying you want stock front bumper?
Old 08-17-2001, 09:39 AM

ill take ur bodykit for 500......are you saying you want stock front bumper?
yup...but i only want to do that if you have a silver car...i really don't want to spend more money to repaint the front bumper

o, and i have to warn you about the body kit...there is a small crack on the front...i will obviously get pics of it to you befoer anything goes down...the crack is barely noticable and the only people that do notice it basically have to lay down on the ground to see it...there is a product called bondo for fiberglass but i'm not quite sure how much a shop would charge to fix this...
Old 08-17-2001, 09:53 AM

Zach ol' buddy ol' pal. Looky here I got $1000.0 w/ your name on it for the cva, dva, and the cha. Mind you the 1005 is obsolete, that is why I sold mine for 600.00 and got a cva 1003. Lemme know! Where ya goin ta school anyway. I graduated from UC!

Friends til the end,
rocket

yup...but i only want to do that if you have a silver car...i really don't want to spend more money to repaint the front bumper

o, and i have to warn you about the body kit...there is a small crack on the front...i will obviously get pics of it to you befoer anything goes down...the crack is barely noticable and the only people that do notice it basically have to lay down on the ground to see it...there is a product called bondo for fiberglass but i'm not quite sure how much a shop would charge to fix this...
Old 08-17-2001, 12:10 PM

i have silver car but im not sure about sending a front bumper yet..ill get back to ya on this sell to sombody else if i dun answer in time
Old 08-17-2001, 02:53 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

I'm interested in the Alpine TOYS!!

I'm not sure what they're worth and hopefully I will have the money by then. Maybe the CAI, sway bar, and more.

So add me to your list, please.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:11 PM

i dunno mr burner im deciding between ur bodykit and stillen....i tink ur price is too high since its used and u also want a front bumper....
Old 08-17-2001, 09:21 PM

i dunno mr burner im deciding between ur bodykit and stillen....i tink ur price is too high since its used and u also want a front bumper....
i can understand where you are coming from, but the cost of my body kit was $815 total plus $800 for paint and install...a stillen kit is around the $800 mark but costs a little less to paint/install since it is just addon pieces...but it is completely upto you...you have until december or so to decide so no rush or anything