5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I can't believe this.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 08:16 PM

As I'm driving home from work today some lady in a Dodge Ram decided that Stop signs are useless and plowed into the passenger side of my car. Luckily no one was injured except for a few cuts on my arm from flying glass.

In any case, she just slowed down at the stop sign and then inexplicably took off and slammed into the side of my car. It was too late for me to slam on the brakes at that point. I don't have any pictures because I don't have a digital camera, but the entire right side of my car is crushed. There is glass all over the interior - all over my leather seats. There were some small cuts in the leather on the drivers side seat due to me flopping around trying to regain control so I didn't fly into opposing traffic. The car had to be towed back to the dealership because the back tire was rubbing against the metal surrounding the tire.

The thing that really sucks is this is my first car (I bought it once I graduated from college) and for some reason I decided to take a different route home from work than I normally do. Only if I would've taken the same way home that I always do!!!!! The car is also only 1 1/2 months old and only has 2742 miles on it. I just know it will never run the same after the body shop fixes everything. The part that scares me is the amount of damage that can't be seen by the naked eye. What I could see didn't look good. So obviously, I'm pretty ****ed right now... Why oh why didn't I go home the same way I do everyday!
Old 07-17-2001, 08:24 PM

that really sux, sorry to hear that...lucky you were fine after the crash. did you get any damage estimates? again sorry to hear it
Old 07-17-2001, 08:29 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

that SUCKS!!!

Well I'm glad to hear that you're okay, but sorry to hear about your car - that's a real bummer. Just pray that the frame is bent or something and that the insurance company totals it.

I just graduated from college this past December and my Accord V6 is my first car as well. With all of the morons running around in southern Maryland I'm scared to death of getting into an accident. I need to call my insurance company and upgrade it a bit because they percentage of cars around here with body damage is just insane - idiots everywhere.

That biotch that didn't stop for the stop sign should be shot dead on the spot.
Old 07-17-2001, 08:50 PM

did the side airbag woked?
Old 07-17-2001, 09:21 PM

Don't let the other party's insurance company bully you. Have those cuts on your arm looked at too, her insurance will pay for that as well. Hopefully you stuck around long enough to get a police report documenting who was at fault.
Old 07-17-2001, 09:43 PM

I don't think the airbag would have deployed. The newest ones don't go off unless someone is in the seat.
Old 07-17-2001, 10:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear that..

but it's good to hear that your fine.

Dang man, thats the type of crap that ****es me off. There you are minding your own business and outta nowhere some dumb broad (no flames intended to the ladies on this board ) decides that she's too much in a hurry to stop and winds up destroying your car. I hope for your sake that it's declared totalled becuz I know what you mean by damage not being visible to the eye, who knows what kind of damage there is. Hope all goes well in your favor.

Question, did you fall in love with your Max enough to get another one if this one is totalled?

Women drivers
Except the ladies of Maxima.org of course
Old 07-17-2001, 10:32 PM

damn.. that sucks big time
at <5k miles some dude hit me when i was stopped at a stop sign.. i hated the feeling too
i loved his excuse.. "i pressed the gas and didn't look"
Old 07-18-2001, 01:26 AM

man i am so sorry that happened. that totally sucks. at least your passenger seat was empty. if you think about it, things could have been much worse.
good job avoiding a secondary collision. whew...
Old 07-18-2001, 04:34 AM
Got Bent?

sorry to hear that.... glad no one was hurt...

if the frame is damaged, forget it. The car won't be the same.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:59 AM

Wow! Glad that you're okay after an incident like that. Hope all goes well with the car repairs.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:15 AM

VERY Sory to hear it! I was at a stop sighn last year in my 98 SE and some old lady nailed the back of my car then she hit a phone poll. She was in a Subaru with MINAMAL damage. My car: $10,000 worth of damage pluss what ever I had to fix on my stereo. But no one was hurt, insurance coverd everything and now I have a new one but, maybe since you were hit from the side your chasis did not bend, it needs to be put on a lift and looked at.
Old 07-18-2001, 06:19 AM

Thanks all. To answer all the questions:

Ludacris: No damage estimates yet. I'm going to spend my entire day at work today figuring that stuff out. Her insurance will cover everything so I guess all I want is a new car or one that is going to be as close to the way that it was before she hit me.

2001SE: To my surprise no none of the side airbags went. Medicsonic had a good point though. I just thought the one on my side would've went off since I hit into it pretty hard.

chilltownryderz: Yeah I'd get another Max. I never seemed to have any of the problems that other people were having with there Max's. Then again, it was pretty new so maybe the problems hadn't begun yet.

I'm pretty sure that the insurance companies won't say it's totalled. However, I have no clue since it hasn't been up on lifts yet. I guess I have to wait and see.

I guess I better start calling some more places. Something tells me I'm not going to get much done at work today. I guess my boss will have to live with it!
Old 07-18-2001, 04:37 PM
Chillboy

sorry to hear that dude!!! what a shame, a brand new car. man, i bet your neck is hurting... right? *grin* do i hear supercharger?