5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How to clean crankcase using seafoam?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:27 PM
I R The Law

alright im done with this thread, i feel really dumb now that i've gone down to his level aruging with this noob that doesn't know how to search
Old 09-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by The Law
alright im done with this thread, i feel really dumb now that i've gone down to his level aruging with this noob that doesn't know how to search

all i have to say is...kingruckus is getting
Old 09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

alright people, knock it off...yes it says the instructions on the back of the bottle, therefore king shouldn't have even posted this...get over it. This thread should not be two pages long.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:39 PM
no more maxima...

Originally Posted by steven88

Yeah by a bunch of f'ucktard noobs who happen to know each other and call each other into a thread...how pathetic.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Dev

What the hell is the point of having this forum if people can't ask questions? Every product has some type of instructions, so does that mean there shouldn't be any questions on this forum?

Why the hell are you trying to "own" someone for asking a question. You people must clearly have a lack of self esteem in real life to gang up on people on the internet.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 PM

lol look who the cyber thugger is.....nukkaz this.....nukka that....what a thug, hes a hardcore Toronto e-thugger, better watch out he might get you with some of their maple syrup in your eyes
It's replies in threads like this one that has drawn so many of the knowledgeable members of this forum to quit responding to posts and even lurking maxima.org anymore. It has been overrun by a bunch of kids that think they know everything about everything when it comes to cars. How about some of you try responding only to posts that you have something positive to contribute towards, rather than add some gay comments.

With regards to this specific thread, Seafoam isn't widely available in Canada as in the US, so that was probably why this question was posted. Stephen88, you're not some sort of superior being, you may know about Seafoam, but don't get on your high horse, i'm sure there's more than one thing that Kingrukus knows far more about than you. As for the others jumping on the bandwagon, **** off, all it does is bump useless threads containing purely useless flames.

LEMAR
Old 09-21-2006, 08:35 PM

There's obviously a lot of underage kids here that are lacking self confidence or something else in their lives that they have to boost their self esteem by ganging up on people over the internet. Pretty sad. You guys should get out more.

This is 1 reason why myself & many others don't like asking questions on the .org. Most of the time you get flammed up the @ss for asking a question & it's usually by immature e-thugs.

Everyone needs to chill out & have some love for their fellow maxima owner.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by kingrukus
Yeah by a bunch of f'ucktard noobs who happen to know each other and call each other into a thread...how pathetic.
noobs? look whos talking

and btw, i see a bunch of canadians appear in this thread...all of a sudden? and i'm the only bad guy :
Old 09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by Dev
What the hell is the point of having this forum if people can't ask questions? Every product has some type of instructions, so does that mean there shouldn't be any questions on this forum?

Why the hell are you trying to "own" someone for asking a question. You people must clearly have a lack of self esteem in real life to gang up on people on the internet.
umm, can you point out which sentence where i tried to own kingruckus? i merely stated that he should search a little bit more, becuz there are a thousand threads about seafoam...furthermore, i happen to mention reading the back of the bottle....oh wait, kingruckus doesn't even have a bottle... ...why don't u just go out and get one...do some self inquiry (like reading the back of the bottle, searching on the internet, search through threads)...and if you still don't understand the procedure, then post it here...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
It's replies in threads like this one that has drawn so many of the knowledgeable members of this forum to quit responding to posts and even lurking maxima.org anymore. It has been overrun by a bunch of kids that think they know everything about everything when it comes to cars. How about some of you try responding only to posts that you have something positive to contribute towards, rather than add some gay comments.

With regards to this specific thread, Seafoam isn't widely available in Canada as in the US, so that was probably why this question was posted. Stephen88, you're not some sort of superior being, you may know about Seafoam, but don't get on your high horse, i'm sure there's more than one thing that Kingrukus knows far more about than you. As for the others jumping on the bandwagon, **** off, all it does is bump useless threads containing purely useless flames.

LEMAR
actually my comments are constructive, if you haven't noticed...kingruckus was the one who started calling me names and giving me the F word...i just mentioned he should search a little bit more becuz there are thousands of seafoam threads...and the answer is just around the corner...for someone who can't even perform this task, i'd label them as lazy...

you don't live life always getting help from someone...it seems like kingruckus has this mentality...always asking questions, expecting to get spoon fed, without even applying any self knowledge onto the subject...he's been fixing maximas for 5years now, he should apply what he's learned over that course of time...not get spoon fed all the time...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Toolie

who the hell has time to read thousands of seafom threads? Personally I always thought forums were here to ask questions. I know I don't come in here very often anymore because I am sick of getting flamed for asking a question instead of spending my entire day reading a thousand threads. This place would be a lot better if people just ignored the threads that pissed them off instead of making inane comments about them. I'd rather DRIVE my maxima than sit in front of my computer sifting through useless information and tons of flaming posts.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Drug Money

i thought you were done playing for the day. The questions have been answered and the topic has been beaten to death.

Any last words from any other users?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 PM

why don't u just go out and get one..
here is another question... from where? I want seafoam.............
Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Toolie

pretty sure you can get it from carquest.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
who the hell has time to read thousands of seafom threads? Personally I always thought forums were here to ask questions. I know I don't come in here very often anymore because I am sick of getting flamed for asking a question instead of spending my entire day reading a thousand threads. This place would be a lot better if people just ignored the threads that pissed them off instead of making inane comments about them. I'd rather DRIVE my maxima than sit in front of my computer sifting through useless information and tons of flaming posts.
plenty of people should be able to sit down and read some seafoam threads (as well as other simple topics)...if you don't have enough time to do this, then you shouldn't be working on the maxima...why not? well, if you don't have time to read through some pages worth of info, browse the internet, etc etc...then i doubt you'll have the same amount of time wrenching your car...
Old 09-21-2006, 11:49 PM

noobs? look whos talking

and btw, i see a bunch of canadians appear in this thread...all of a sudden? and i'm the only bad guy :
The reason why some of us appeared was because we know him in real life, we're not just misinformed noobs, jumping on some sort of bandwagon. Yes, he is from Canada and has attended Canadian meets. I find that more obvious than his original Seafoam question, especially since one of those bandwagon users, (The Law), pointed this out in his completely useless post.

LEMAR
Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 AM

actually my comments are constructive, if you haven't noticed...kingruckus was the one who started calling me names and giving me the F word...i just mentioned he should search a little bit more becuz there are thousands of seafoam threads...and the answer is just around the corner...for someone who can't even perform this task, i'd label them as lazy...

you don't live life always getting help from someone...it seems like kingruckus has this mentality...always asking questions, expecting to get spoon fed, without even applying any self knowledge onto the subject...he's been fixing maximas for 5years now, he should apply what he's learned over that course of time...not get spoon fed all the time...
I don't want to be too critical or anything, but just because he's been working on his Max for a long time, it doesn't mean he'll know everything about everything on the Max. For example, i've been working on my car for even longer than that, but you'd probably still see elementary posts from me regarding the electrical system of my car, simply because i haven't ever tinkered with it, so i won't go around pretending that just because i've done some work on the Max, that i know everything about it. This is the point of forums, or at least this should be the point, to learn about things that you don't know too well.

the answer is in the back of the bottle...

you ask alot of questions...for someone whose been on the org for quite a long time....not that it's bad to ask questions...but alot of the stuff yer asking, is complete common sense...especially you been on the org for so long...
This post comes off as being fairly instigating as well and doesn't seem too constructive. Now that my brake pads have arrived, i can return to hibernation as one thing this site remains useful for is sourcing parts for maintainence on our Nissans.

LEMAR
Old 09-22-2006, 12:12 AM

off the topic, please dont flame at me guys. But I trying this for my girlfriend to sell her car. it worked on my maxima but I tried it on a 98 sentra
on the line in on a line going in from the valve cover top to the air filter, I disconnected the air filter side and left the valve cover side connected. .

let car sit for 5-10 min and it did not smoke. does that mean the internals are clean or i put it in the wrong spot?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Toolie

plenty of people should be able to sit down and read some seafoam threads (as well as other simple topics)...if you don't have enough time to do this, then you shouldn't be working on the maxima...why not? well, if you don't have time to read through some pages worth of info, browse the internet, etc etc...then i doubt you'll have the same amount of time wrenching your car...
That's what I'm trying say moron!! People don't want to waste a whole friggin day searching thousands of posts! They want to ask a few questions get a few STRAIGHT answers and work on their car and hopefully even DRIVE it. So I repeat-WHO THE HELL WANT'S TO SPEND AN ENTIRE DAY READING A BUNCH OF POSTS WHERE ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS FLAME EVERYONE! NO ONE WANTS TO DO THAT!!!
yes the information is out there but it isn't organized. Mybe they should do an advanced search where the flaming is filtered out. Oh wait, that wouldn't work either because everyone here flames every post.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:32 AM

This stuff is alcohol, naptha, and light machine oil. Nothing magical about it and it will really thin crankcase oil. I wouldn't use it there.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:37 AM

Yo!! Next time you get bashed in a thread, drop me an email son. I'll login and cover your back. This internet on internet crime is getting serious these days. Can't use the internet at night else you get rushed by them e-thugs. Watch your back next time you login.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Don't you know who I am?

"I'm right because !"
"No, you're wrong because !"

:

Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM

seafoam in a sentra

Originally Posted by siren001
off the topic, please dont flame at me guys. But I trying this for my girlfriend to sell her car. it worked on my maxima but I tried it on a 98 sentra
on the line in on a line going in from the valve cover top to the air filter, I disconnected the air filter side and left the valve cover side connected. .

let car sit for 5-10 min and it did not smoke. does that mean the internals are clean or i put it in the wrong spot?

Anyone Know this
Old 09-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by TDotMax
Yo!! Next time you get bashed in a thread, drop me an email son. I'll login and cover your back. This internet on internet crime is getting serious these days. Can't use the internet at night else you get rushed by them e-thugs. Watch your back next time you login.
i said i wasnt going to come back into this thread, but damn look at whos talking....."drop me an email son. I'll login and cover you back".....look whos e-thugging now

I'm done with this thread.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:54 PM

lol just so its clear, i dont know any of the other members that has replied so dont get me involved. im just making it clear that even if you couldnt find it, this still should have been posted in fluids and lubricants, not in 5th gen specific. bring a mod in here, he will agree. and the reason why everything is unorganized is because of threads like these posted in the wrong section thats why you cant find it fast enough.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Need A Light?

That's what I'm trying say moron!! People don't want to waste a whole friggin day searching thousands of posts! They want to ask a few questions get a few STRAIGHT answers and work on their car and hopefully even DRIVE it. So I repeat-WHO THE HELL WANT'S TO SPEND AN ENTIRE DAY READING A BUNCH OF POSTS WHERE ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS FLAME EVERYONE! NO ONE WANTS TO DO THAT!!!
yes the information is out there but it isn't organized. Mybe they should do an advanced search where the flaming is filtered out. Oh wait, that wouldn't work either because everyone here flames every post.
umm...how about this? if you can't perform simple tasks such as reading...or running a quick search...then you shouldn't be fixing a maxima...you should be out enjoying your life...driving the maxima and enjoying it...and leaving it up to a mechanic to do all the maintenance...end of story
Old 09-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Toolie

Old 09-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Need A Light?

it doesn't take rocket science to figure this out guys....you just can't have everything in life, you know? don't expect to get spoon fed everytime you ask questions...thats why self knowledge exists

to ask such questions as....

"how do I use seafoam in the crankcase?"
"how much oil does a vq30dek take?"
"can i use my dead o2 sensor to plug up a bung?"

all of these questions are very simple guys...it's only a few searches away (literally)...now, there exist a group of people who don't have enough TIME to search and do their own inquiry...thats completely fine too...sign off the forums...go out and do the important stuff in your life first...then take it to a mechanic for maintenance, whenever it needs it...becuz if you don't have the TIME to search for easy tasks, then theres no way in heck you will have enough time to perform your own maintenance...

its a good time to sign up with jiffy lube this season
Old 09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Toolie

it doesn't take rocket science to figure this out guys....you just can't have everything in life, you know? don't expect to get spoon fed everytime you ask questions...thats why self knowledge exists

to ask such questions as....

"how do I use seafoam in the crankcase?"
"how much oil does a vq30dek take?"
"can i use my dead o2 sensor to plug up a bung?"

all of these questions are very simple guys...it's only a few searches away (literally)...now, there exist a group of people who don't have enough TIME to search and do their own inquiry...thats completely fine too...sign off the forums...go out and do the important stuff in your life first...then take it to a mechanic for maintenance, whenever it needs it...becuz if you don't have the TIME to search for easy tasks, then theres no way in heck you will have enough time to perform your own maintenance...

its a good time to sign up with jiffy lube this season

5000+ posts, you should drive your car more often and spend less time in here, I think you need a life away from this forum.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:44 AM
I R The Law

5000+ posts, you should drive your car more often and spend less time in here, I think you need a life away from this forum.
lol if your going to try and bash him about have 5000+ post, i guess your bashing almost every vet thats in this forum, for example irish and soonerfan they joined the org much later than steven did and they have much more post than he does, so i guess your implying that they have no life from this forum either, but you dont know that. so before you try and use that BS excuse learn your manners and respect your elders on this forum NEWBIE
Old 09-23-2006, 07:36 AM
no more maxima...

knight, dont bother with these children. they clearly don't understand the point of a forum.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:46 AM
no more maxima...

it is pathetic that these f'uck-ups are getting all upset that we aren't doing thorough searches before we post. what about the guys that don't even have searching privledges because they didn't donate? you guys are f'ucking idiots. i am done here. let the little kids get all upset as I continue to post.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:43 AM

i said i wasnt going to come back into this thread, but damn look at whos talking....."drop me an email son. I'll login and cover you back".....look whos e-thugging now

I'm done with this thread.
I guess sarcasm doesn't exist in your vocabulary?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Toolie

I love when a punk 19 year old tells a 43 year old to respect his elders. LMFAO

this forum sucks rocks so bad I want my 20 bucks back.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:05 PM
dot dot dot ...

Old 09-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Toolie

Originally Posted by NmexMAX

ooooooo like that would bother me.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Need A Light?

maybe you need to
Old 09-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Need A Light?

it is pathetic that these f'uck-ups are getting all upset that we aren't doing thorough searches before we post. what about the guys that don't even have searching privledges because they didn't donate? you guys are f'ucking idiots. i am done here. let the little kids get all upset as I continue to post.
you have an extremely dirty mouth...and i like how you're going around the swear filters with that typing of yers
Old 09-23-2006, 06:48 PM
dot dot dot ...

Old 09-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Toolie

oh no I might get banned from the org.

Quick Reply: How to clean crankcase using seafoam?