5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:30 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

The LED rings will go in due time due to the LEDs being unregulated...looks good, but with no regulator, they WILL blow.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:56 PM

these are regulated, so they should last quite a while. They definatly arent as bright as the CCFL rings but not having to open up the lights on a regular basis to replace blown rings seems a pretty good trade off
from the pics Saucisse provided
Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 PM

Nice angel eyes on the maxima. Very clean!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Roy
these are regulated, so they should last quite a while. They definatly arent as bright as the CCFL rings but not having to open up the lights on a regular basis to replace blown rings seems a pretty good trade off
from the pics Saucisse provided
This site cannot link picture directly
http://public.fotki.com/saucisse/cus.../dscf0059.html

Of course they are not as bright during the day as the CCFL ones but I don't care.....like Dr. Roy stated....I'm not willing to open my headlight because of a blown ring...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Can you get a LED of greater MCD, maybe even superflux, and somehow custom mount it to provide greater output?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 AM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by bg18461
Can you get a LED of greater MCD, maybe even superflux, and somehow custom mount it to provide greater output?
I say anything is possible if you're up to it. The LED's on these rings seem to be lodged into the plastic - although looking at it, i don't think it's an easy task to accomplish without breaking anything.

As for superflux, don't you need a heatsink for that?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Oh, come on. A Group Deal for a $35 item? Seriously, now. I knew that Maxima modders didn't like spending money, but this is crazy.

Ditto!

On another note. These LED's are definitely not as bright as Umnitza's or the CCFL's I'm sure , but that's okay by me I didn't want something over bright ( the brightness is a personal preference, these will work for some and not others), my headlights light the road I wanted them only for a cosmetic accent (looks) and I didn't want the potential headaches of going back into my headlights time after time so these are perfect for my needs, and probably a few others. CHOICES ARE GOOD.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:15 AM

its funny how whenever somone has a negative feedback on UMNITZA, they just completely ignore them. ive read about the pink eye and all that stuff, thats why im not trying to spend 150 for them. 35, 55, still cheaper. hey arnold, where can you get the CCFL's for 55? you got a link?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Z

CCFLs. Here you go -- sorry, I fudged up the price. But still, they're available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...temZ8059130608
Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ICULookN
Umnitza you came out with a product for the Max that nobody else offered at that time, I congratulate you for that. On the flip side, the after purchase service sucks: 1) the original angel eyes(light box), you don't offer replacement bulbs for, and the ones you do offer, have less light output. So if a bulb goes bad, you have to replace both bulbs or disconnect everything or upgrade to the predator line. 2) Most of the guys who purchased the predator lines have cold weather light up problems. You then come out with a cold weather ballast and charge them for it. When you call to purchase the predator line, the cold weather ballast are not offered, you have to specifically ask for it. For the past year I've been driving around with 1 angel eye working, as much as I like the look of the predator line, I'm hesisitating to purchase it from you because I don't want to be in the same situtation next year. This appears to be good alternative.
So, you're saying that we should offer you a product for free that we developed as an improvement?

That means that when Apple came out with the iPod Nano that carried more songs than the iPod Mini for about the same price, they should have just sent out free ones to everyone?

Now, moving onto your contention that the cold weather issues are around, if you just take 5 minutes, you'll see on our install resources page that there are 5 possible remedies that require nothing more than a simple cut and splice (if LEDs seem so easy to you, then this is child's play).

We designed the rings for the car specifically, no one else has since so it's not so easy.

Compare Apples and Apples, not Apples and Peas. If you want the best and brightest, www.umnitza.com is where you will get it.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by umnitza
So, you're saying that we should offer you a product for free that we developed as an improvement?

That means that when Apple came out with the iPod Nano that carried more songs than the iPod Mini for about the same price, they should have just sent out free ones to everyone?
I don't know entirely what's wrong with your product so i won't say anything about it.

But to ICULookN's credit i think what he means is you're providing a somewhat faulty product that needs to be addressed without having to resort to upgrading a significant portion of the unit (or the entire unit as the case may be).

If you want it in Apple terms, when early adopters noticed that Nano's scratched easily - Apple did free repairs and screen replacements, and provided sleeves with succeeding retail units. Now with the Macbook Pro whine and heat issue, Apple is also offering free repairs and logic board replacements.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

It's a new product, not a fix on an existing one. In your opinion, you see it as a fix, in ours, if you read the 5 steps, you should have no issues.

It's a new product that piggybacks an existing one.

The new product that we offer now is freely available and we actually offer it for free to anyone ordering from the North East or cold climates without them knowing it.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
The LED rings will go in due time due to the LEDs being unregulated...looks good, but with no regulator, they WILL blow.
They usually do.

------------

On a side note, if you have problems with our rings, of course you'll only hear about problems, you can email us.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:11 AM

Now, moving onto your contention that the cold weather issues are around, if you just take 5 minutes, you'll see on our install resources page that there are 5 possible remedies that require nothing more than a simple cut and splice (if LEDs seem so easy to you, then this is child's play).

We designed the rings for the car specifically, no one else has since so it's not so easy.

Compare Apples and Apples, not Apples and Peas. If you want the best and brightest, www.umnitza.com is where you will get it.
Yes, if an item was faulty it should be recalled and replaced with the improvement. The Apple example is a bad analogy, as the previous version was not faulty, it just had a smaller memory. Faulty items should be recalled and replaced. People do not like to spend a couple hundred dollars on non-functional items especially ones that take time to install.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 AM

I would defintitely go this route in installing these LED angel rings in my headlights. But, don't get me wrong, the Umnitza's are of far better quality, but then there are repair issues with Umnitza's. No-one wants to spend the time opening these headlights all the time repairing these rings when they burn out. And, I'm sure the continuing process of opening and sealing the headlamps, you're also risking a chance of leakage or a bad seal. Who wants that amount of frustration? I rather have a LED ring last 10,000 hours, than a ring that lasts maybe a week or months which will require more time in opening my headlights a number of times. I know the CFFL are probably better, and brighter, but I guess it's "to each his own". The LED rings are definitely an alternative (and cheaper) to the amount of frustration one goes thru with the Umnitza's. You get what you pay for, but at least it (the LED) looks the same and does the same even though the LED's maybe of lesser quality. Why have quality with a great amount of frustration, when you can have a better alternative with less aggravation? Think about it.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:38 AM

http://www.umnitza.com/angeleyes.php
just read this before you throw your $30 away.
Theres some of that sarcasm that was so appreciated when I was trying to research angel eyes and e-mailed Umnitza. They told me to buy the $30 ones so I can appreciate the umnitzas more, and didn't give any information as to why, or even a link to their faq, which I found later after sending a second e-mail.
The fact that the product may or may not have issues wasn't really a factor for me when considering umnitzas, and price is a factor but I liked them so much I was going to spend the money. I was about to drop the $175 but I asked them a quick question, and the only thing that stopped me from buying was their arrogant attitude and sarcasm towards me in the e-mails, especially with a $30 alternative available. Based on their reply, I wasn't impressed with their customer service, plus I was kinda annoyed that they responded the way they did. I'll prolly try out these LED ones or the CCFL ones for $75.

I would like to see a comparison of the LED rings in white to the umnitza rings, if anyone has a pic.

They look great maxrb8!

Also huso, I read somewhere when I was looking around that super glue is not recommended, but I'm not sure why
Old 04-25-2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima570
Also huso, I read somewhere when I was looking around that super glue is not recommended, but I'm not sure why
Probably because super glue does not dry clear. Many times it dries with a haze which you can definitely see.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima570
Theres some of that sarcasm that was so appreciated when I was trying to research angel eyes and e-mailed Umnitza. They told me to buy the $30 ones so I can appreciate the umnitzas more, and didn't give any information as to why, or even a link to their faq, which I found later after sending a second e-mail.
The fact that the product may or may not have issues wasn't really a factor for me when considering umnitzas, and price is a factor but I liked them so much I was going to spend the money. I was about to drop the $175 but I asked them a quick question, and the only thing that stopped me from buying was their arrogant attitude and sarcasm towards me in the e-mails, especially with a $30 alternative available. Based on their reply, I wasn't impressed with their customer service, plus I was kinda annoyed that they responded the way they did. I'll prolly try out these LED ones or the CCFL ones for $75.

I would like to see a comparison of the LED rings in white to the umnitza rings, if anyone has a pic.

They look great maxrb8!

I agree their customer service needs a lot of work. I believe I spoke to Matt when I called and he was very arrogant. I was going to purchase another item from him on that phone call if he fixed my problem.

Anyway I think there is a comparison picture in a thread on the second page of this forum. Check it out.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:35 PM

Regarding the superglue, I also think as it's very thin it may run too much?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 PM

Being that you are a well known and for the most part a respected member/company on this board you might want to lose the sarcasm, or your company's reputation might be at risk. You're basically conducting business like a 5 year old because someone out there didn't like your product and tried a new one out. Even if that product might be inferior to yours, which it very well might be, there is no need to come on here and try to boost your own product and bash this new product that we are trying out. Yes, well all know your predator line has such great output and what not, but truthfully everyone is sick of the ‘pink eye’ of your DDE’s and sick of the ballast taking a crap in the cold weather.

Also, most consumers do not want remedies to a product that they spent 200 bucks on, and a product that took countless hours installing, tweaking, and fixing. We want a product that works almost flawlessly right from the factory, and if it doesn't work, we want it to be replaced. Now I know that’s not good for your business, but at least have some sort of warranty. If you did replace the ballasts that were defective, I am pretty sure most people here buying these ‘inferior’ (which is subjective) LED rings, would probably be buying your DDE’s. I said ‘inferior’ is subjective because it might not be as powerful and might not emit as much light as your rings, but RIGHT NOW IT seems like it will be more reliable than your product and a lot less hassle, and people do not mind spending 35 bucks on something and it breaks. But people do mind spending 200 dollars on something and it breaks on a consistent basis.

With my iPod the hard disk kept on getting corrupt and they replaced it 5 times with no questions asked, and I didn't have to pay for it once. I know there is a huge discrepancy with the size of your company and Apples and it shouldn't be compared, but have some better customer service and your customers and your future customers will be much happier and much more willing to purchase from you again.

Truthfully, I was going to buy your DDE’s over the summer with the cold weather ballasts, when I got out of college and had some time and money, because I know you get what you pay for. I didn’t really even care about all of these problems I read about because I had a lot of faith in your company and product. But after reading your last couple of comments that really showed your true business ethics and true personality, I don’t think I want to purchase from you anymore. Oh yea lose the cockiness, I am pretty sure most customers do not like that.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by cutter
Being that you are a well known and for the most part a respected member/company on this board you might want to lose the sarcasm, or you're company's reputation might be at risk. You're basically conducting business like a 5 year old because someone out there didn't like your product and tried a new one out. Even if that product might be inferior to yours, which it very well might be, there is no need to come on here and try to boost your own product and bash this new product that we are trying out. Yes, well all know your predator line has such great output and what not, but truthfully everyone is sick of the ‘pink eye’ of your DDE’s and sick of the ballast taking a crap in the cold weather.

Also, most consumers do not want remedies to a product that they spent 200 bucks on, and a product that took countless hours installing, tweaking, and fixing. We want a product that works almost flawlessly right from the factory, and if it doesn't work, we want it to be replaced. Now I know that’s not good for you're business, but at least have some sort of warranty. If you did replace the ballasts that were defective, I am pretty sure most people here buying these ‘inferior’ (which is subjective) LED rings, would probably be buying you’re DDE’s. I said ‘inferior’ is subject because it might not be as powerful and might not emit as much light as your rings, but RIGHT NOW IT seems like it will be more reliable than your product and a lot less hassle, and people do not mind spending 35 bucks on something and it breaks. But people do mind spending 200 dollars on something and it breaks on a consistent basis.

With my iPod the hard disk kept on getting corrupt and they replaced it 5 times with no questions asked, and I didn't have to pay for it once. I know there is a huge discrepancy with the size of your company and Apples and it shouldn't be compared, but have some better customer service and your customers and your future customers will be much happier and much more willing to purchase from you again.

Truthfully, I was going to buy your DDE’s over the summer with the cold weather ballasts, when I got out of college and had some time and money, because I know you get what you pay for. I didn’t really even care about all of these problems I read about because I had a lot of faith in your company and product. But after reading your last couple of comments that really showed your true business ethics and true personality, I don’t think I want to purchase from you anymore. Oh yea lose the cockiness, I am pretty sure most customers do not like that.
Well said and well spoken.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by soundmike
I don't know entirely what's wrong with your product so i won't say anything about it.

But to ICULookN's credit i think what he means is you're providing a somewhat faulty product that needs to be addressed without having to resort to upgrading a significant portion of the unit (or the entire unit as the case may be).

If you want it in Apple terms, when early adopters noticed that Nano's scratched easily - Apple did free repairs and screen replacements, and provided sleeves with succeeding retail units. Now with the Macbook Pro whine and heat issue, Apple is also offering free repairs and logic board replacements.
Thanks Soundmike, you are correct. Like I said before Umnitza, you came out with a product no one else offered to us, I was one of the first to purchase the originals. It was a great product when it worked, the install was fine and price wasn't and still isn't an issue. The problem was you offered replacement light bulbs with less light output. If one went bad, I was forced to buy 2 to have the same light output. Then you came out with the predator line which is a good product, light output and install way better than the originals. The problem again is no after-purchase service. There were cold weather issues, you came out with suggestions on to fix it, but most still had problems. The new ballast's you came out with should have been offered to those guys for free. The new ballast's wasn't an upgrade, it fixed the original problems, it was basically a warranty issue or a TSB. Back to topic: Anyone plan to purchase the CCFL's?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

There is no cockiness, it's just experience from YOU the customer coming back to us and saying "yes, you were right, I should just have done 'XXX'"

Bottom line, we presented our side of it, the product we sell is superior, those the claim it's similar or world's better are not seeing it from all sides.

Moving along, there are issues associated with installation, ballasts don't just fail on their own but those that do were immediately warrantied.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Booyah grandma.... BOOYAH

Umnitza, it breaks down to this:

Slightly lower light output, installing once and $35 will 99% of the time beat out slightly higher light output, $200 and verified documented problems associated with your product.

Right now your product has a stigma attatched that when you install the angel eyes it is a crapshoot. Anybody who has cooked and opened their headlights absolutely wants some kind of hope that they will not have to do this again anytime soon. Whether you like it or not that is the simple truth of how your product is currently being viewed on the .org. Trying to argue your point over a forum board will only make this problem more noticable. The only way change this view is to change your policies, possibly your product and do what Apple did. Admit that there is a specific issue with your product and what are doing to help the paying customer who already owns this product and to demonstrate what you are proactively doing to make future product not suffer the same fate.

Fat
Old 04-25-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by cutter
Being that you are a well known and for the most part a respected member/company on this board you might want to lose the sarcasm, or your company's reputation might be at risk. You're basically conducting business like a 5 year old because someone out there didn't like your product and tried a new one out. Even if that product might be inferior to yours, which it very well might be, there is no need to come on here and try to boost your own product and bash this new product that we are trying out. Yes, well all know your predator line has such great output and what not, but truthfully everyone is sick of the ‘pink eye’ of your DDE’s and sick of the ballast taking a crap in the cold weather.

Also, most consumers do not want remedies to a product that they spent 200 bucks on, and a product that took countless hours installing, tweaking, and fixing. We want a product that works almost flawlessly right from the factory, and if it doesn't work, we want it to be replaced. Now I know that’s not good for your business, but at least have some sort of warranty. If you did replace the ballasts that were defective, I am pretty sure most people here buying these ‘inferior’ (which is subjective) LED rings, would probably be buying your DDE’s. I said ‘inferior’ is subjective because it might not be as powerful and might not emit as much light as your rings, but RIGHT NOW IT seems like it will be more reliable than your product and a lot less hassle, and people do not mind spending 35 bucks on something and it breaks. But people do mind spending 200 dollars on something and it breaks on a consistent basis.

WOW! DDEs -->
Old 04-25-2006, 02:21 PM

Oh and just for reference here 3 specific threads where people have problems with your product and you did not post one thing to help.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=454239
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=442631
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=387938

But when a an alternative product comes out and you feel threatened then you feel like you need to post?

Fat
Old 04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
THIS IS...

Originally Posted by bigfatty

Slightly lower light output, installing once and $35 will 99% of the time beat out slightly higher light output, $200 and verified documented problems associated with your product.

Right now your product has a stigma attatched that when you install the angel eyes it is a crapshoot. Anybody who has cooked and opened their headlights absolutely wants some kind of hope that they will not have to do this again anytime soon. Whether you like it or not that is the simple truth of how your product is currently being viewed on the .org. Trying to argue your point over a forum board will only make this problem more noticable. The only way change this view is to change your policies, possibly your product and do what Apple did. Admit that there is a specific issue with your product and what are doing to help the paying customer who already owns this product and to demonstrate what you are proactively doing to make future product not suffer the same fate.

Fat
Someone had to say it. Well put Fatty.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:35 PM

I got the DDE's about a year ago, but never installed them. I just havent had the chance to. I intend to do it sometime soon, but we'll see where that goes. Anyway, this is freakin me out already. I know there have been some issues, but usually, they are resolved. I dont even know if I have the cold weather ballast or not. I get some freakin cold a$$ weather here, so I know I will need them. Anybody know how to find out if ive already got the cold weatehr ballasts? I know the ones I got are the Predators, but other than that, im unsure. Man I hope I dont have any major issues with these....
Old 04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh and just for reference here 3 specific threads where people have problems with your product and you did not post one thing to help.

But when a an alternative product comes out and you feel threatened then you feel like you need to post?

Fat
Don't actively monitor the forums, if assistance is required, email or call us.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:53 PM

Looks like I've opened up a can of worms here!
and all I wanted to do was show a pretty nice and inexpensive alternative, as IMO we are always interested in that kind of thing no matter what the mod, and ultimately we'll all make up our own minds. There are choices and that's a good thing! I would spend good $$$ if I knew a product was going to work 100% the first time. I could live with a ballast problem as that's external, but I just didn't want to be going in and out of my headlights repeatedly. I'm more than happy with the results regardless of the cost, but if you're looking for serious daylight output ( subjective) these might not be for you.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Looks like I've opened up a can of worms here!
and all I wanted to do was show a pretty nice and inexpensive alternative, as IMO we are always interested in that kind of thing no matter what the mod, and ultimately we'll all make up our own minds. There are choices and that's a good thing! I would spend good $$$ if I knew a product was going to work 100% the first time. I could live with a ballast problem as that's external, but I just didn't want to be going in and out of my headlights repeatedly. I'm more than happy with the results regardless of the cost, but if you're looking for serious light output ( subjective) these might not be for you.

LOL! I guess u have, but this is very helpful cause I didnt want to spend a ton of money on this mod. Now if u can just provide that link one more time for the dummies and the size I need for the 03max headlights and the size u bought? PLZ!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Within 12 hours of this thread being started you "happened" to find it? Then over the last two days you have posted multiple times and your post count shows that on average you have posted close to 9 out of 10 days. Your reasoning for not posting in those threads does help the people with their problems.

Oh, and this is from one of those threads, you say you do not monitor the boards, I guess you do no monitor some other things too.

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
Well, after paying Umnitza $20 EXTRA to overnight me a ring on Tuesday, I finally recieved it FRIDAY (I know, ridiculous)
Old 04-25-2006, 03:45 PM

I dont even know your company but you are sure creating one hell of a bad impression.

Its deff your attitude which is pissing people off. You guys should invest in a PR department, and let those people talk to your customers. Cause your not representing umnitza very well that is unless you are just a reflection of the corporate culture, in which case I deff want nothing to do with your products.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by callkiss
LOL! I guess u have, but this is very helpful cause I didnt want to spend a ton of money on this mod. Now if u can just provide that link one more time for the dummies and the size I need for the 03max headlights and the size u bought? PLZ!
Taken directly from my orignal thread on page 1, these are the exact one's I used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-25-2006, 04:20 PM

Fat
well put, 175 DDE's are too expensive to not properly work, its too much of a risk, and having to BUY extra set of rings is just ridiculus. but 35 or 65? it doesnt hurt our pockets that much.
you know, i really dont like putting people down, but umnitza you got yourself into in this, you could of avoided by not posting but you had to do it. i was interested in the DDE' but theres too many problems that come with the price, id rather deal with my 35dollar LEDs.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:34 PM

Fat
Old 04-25-2006, 05:42 PM

Your on here all the time, so just stop. You are really digging your self in a whole.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Saucisse
This site cannot link picture directly
http://public.fotki.com/saucisse/cus.../dscf0059.html

Of course they are not as bright during the day as the CCFL ones but I don't care.....like Dr. Roy stated....I'm not willing to open my headlight because of a blown ring...

Those rings don't fit. Talk about ghetto rigging something.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:38 PM

There is no cockiness, it's just experience from YOU the customer coming back to us and saying "yes, you were right, I should just have done 'XXX'"

Bottom line, we presented our side of it, the product we sell is superior, those the claim it's similar or world's better are not seeing it from all sides.

Moving along, there are issues associated with installation, ballasts don't just fail on their own but those that do were immediately warrantied.

Mine wern't. When I called, you stated that it would cost me $25.00 for a new ballast. I said screw that and found them for $5.70 each. The same place where I get the ballasts also sell the lights but they aren't curved into rings, however they're only $6.00 each. What I am trying to get at is that you make a fortune at selling these lights, so give some customer service.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by K Pazzo 6
ask someone to drive in front of you at night & see if these angel eyes' light seem to scatter everywhere when driving or if its pretty even flowed throughout. because I questioned that very possibility with those lower priced angel eyes, I came across this seller that has a set that will prevent that from happening---> EBAY LINK <---

Backside of each ring is attached with custom-made high quality aluminum backing - This feature prevents light diffusing inside the headlamps and eliminate glare effect that happens on other competitions' kits. The aluminum backing greatly helps light projecting forward instead of letting it scatter out within the headlamps. Thus our kit gives a clear halo
look.
I saw these on an M3 and they were by far the best looking rings I have ever laid my eyes on. They are the best of both worlds with the high quality look of the bmw lights (because of the fiber optic looking housing) and the output of Umnitzas Predators. They are infact the same rings with better ballasts and a cover over the rings. Awsome in person and a site for sore eyes.

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!