5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cant decide tein h or eibach w/illuminas

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:56 PM

Cant decide tein h or eibach w/illuminas

so im getting a new suspension set up, going to go with illuminas, and cant decide weather to go with eibach or hein h. i know eibach will be best handeling but the ride will be super rough. i like the tein h and like that fact it comes with new isolators, but woundering if these springs are more for looks then performance.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 PM

you might want to try reading the first sticky at the top of the page.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:30 PM

Go h-techs great performers and a nice drop. I would go with them again if I could do it all over.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Read the stickied thread on spring rates and do some research on Housecor's site.

/thread

Oh yeah, and delete the other 2 threads you created on this same topic:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451588

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451594
Old 01-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Driving is the next best thing

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Read the stickied thread on spring rates and do some research on Housecor's site.

/thread

Oh yeah, and delete the other 2 threads you created on this same topic:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451588

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=451594

this website is in mess, he did not mean to create three threads
Old 01-19-2006, 07:37 PM

not sure about Eibach? but I like my Teih H, quite comfort (of course no compare to stock) set on 2 (soft) but can't get away with big bump, guess every lowering car had the same problem (bump stop trim one section). the lean was reduce about 50% compare to stock (just my sense).
will try set to 1 after I put on new LCA bushing and LTB from Matt.
PS: I do drive a lot in the city although I live in Jercey. I would recommand find the lowest spring rate u can for the comfort issue for city driving, u won't regret.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by super6
so im getting a new suspension set up, going to go with illuminas, and cant decide weather to go with eibach or hein h. i know eibach will be best handeling but the ride will be super rough. i like the tein h and like that fact it comes with new isolators, but woundering if these springs are more for looks then performance.
The idea behind the H-techs was to increase performance for street use. They are not intended for track or auto-x.

The idea behind Eibach Pro was to create springs for street vehicles that are occasionally used on a racetrack.

IMO: H-techs should preform good on regular street tires but MIGHT not handle as well on wide or R-compound tires.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 98&00Max
not sure about Eibach? but I like my Teih H, quite comfort (of course no compare to stock) set on 2 (soft) but can't get away with big bump, guess every lowering car had the same problem (bump stop trim one section). the lean was reduce about 50% compare to stock (just my sense).
will try set to 1 after I put on new LCA bushing and LTB from Matt.
PS: I do drive a lot in the city although I live in Jercey. I would recommand find the lowest spring rate u can for the comfort issue for city driving, u won't regret.
Have you ever bottomed out, either while cornering or just on bumpy roads?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by DrKlop
The idea behind the H-techs was to increase performance for street use. They are not intended for track or auto-x.

The idea behind Eibach Pro was to create springs for street vehicles that are occasionally used on a racetrack.

IMO: H-techs should preform good on regular street tires but MIGHT not handle as well on wide or R-compound tires.

everyone makes the H-techs sound like they are soft and cushy, when they have probaby the highest or second highest spring rate (only second to the s-techs) The fact that they ride well is pretty amazing. from their spring rate they should be much stiffer than eibachs
Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 PM

I just installed my eibach's today Front only with stock struts) and they ride very nice! I know they still need to settle but for now they are not harsh at all. I posted a couple pictures in the member's rides section. HTH.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by sciff5
everyone makes the H-techs sound like they are soft and cushy, when they have probaby the highest or second highest spring rate (only second to the s-techs) The fact that they ride well is pretty amazing. from their spring rate they should be much stiffer than eibachs
we don't know their initial spring rate. I'm 99% sure that they are not linear.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DrKlop
we don't know their initial spring rate. I'm 99% sure that they are not linear.
They are progressive but their spring rate was posted on this site several times as well as the eibachs. The eibachs actually had some of the lowest spring rates, but they are linear (I am pretty sure) so thats why they probably dont ride as well as the H-techs.

The initial spring rate on the H-techs.. no clue, who knows, just as long as the spring gets super stiff as it is compressed the initial spring rate I would want pretty low so it rides nice. I wish H&R wasnt so hush hush about their damn spring rates so we could have some tangible way to compare them to others.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by sciff5
They are progressive but their spring rate was posted on this site several times as well as the eibachs. The eibachs actually had some of the lowest spring rates, but they are linear (I am pretty sure) so thats why they probably dont ride as well as the H-techs.

The initial spring rate on the H-techs.. no clue, who knows, just as long as the spring gets super stiff as it is compressed the initial spring rate I would want pretty low so it rides nice. I wish H&R wasnt so hush hush about their damn spring rates so we could have some tangible way to compare them to others.
nah dude, Eibach Pro are progressive. It says it on their website. They even told me their exact rates.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:54 AM

I just put H-techs on Illuminas yesterday, and I can't get over how much it improved the handling, I have them set on 3 on front, 4 on rear. Love the way it drives and looks now.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thinking of getting Illuminas too. About the fact that they adjustable, anyone know if it's drivable in winter? I'm afraid it might corrode and no longer become adjustable...
Old 01-22-2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by joe360
Thinking of getting Illuminas too. About the fact that they adjustable, anyone know if it's drivable in winter? I'm afraid it might corrode and no longer become adjustable...
They are very drivable in the winter.

From what I have seen on the .Org, no one has had corrosion issues with them.